April 28, 2024, 04:27:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27771 27772 27773 27774 27775 27776 27777 27778 27779 27780 27781 27782 27783 27784 27785 27786 27787 27788 27789 27790 27791 27792 27793 27794 27795 27796 27797 27798 27799 27800 27801 27802 27803 27804 27805 27806 27807 27808 27809 27810 27811 27812 27813 27814 27815 27816 27817 27818 27819 27820 [27821] 27822 27823 27824 27825 27826 27827 27828 27829 27830 27831 27832 27833 27834 27835 27836 27837 27838 27839 27840 27841 27842 27843 27844 27845 27846 27847 27848 27849 27850 27851 27852 27853 27854 27855 27856 27857 27858 27859 27860 27861 27862 27863 27864 27865 27866 27867 27868 27869 27870 27871 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368755 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 06:58:40 PM

Matsusaka wagyu. Best served almost raw, barely seared.

Gozu wagyu. Well marbled. Mmmmm.

Is it wrong for me to admit I have blood rushing to my private parts, viewing those cuts of beef ?

Beautiful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 06:59:33 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2021, 07:19:59 PM by JayJuanGee

In historical terms, I would become a bit restless at $70k+ if this run endures without meaningful pause. This for the 'double spike' theory.

In the longer run (12-18 months), $288k would be my absolute limit.

That sounds within a range of reasonable regarding the $70k on this particular streak that we are on currently.. but your 12-18 months number seems a bit conservative.. and sure, I am not necessarily considering the higher numbers to have great chances of happening.. but the use of the term "absolute limit" might be more of a $1million coin rather than a $288k coin.. but whatever, each of us is entitled to our perspectives regarding the assignment of probabilities to various outcomes - including the assignment of probabilities to outrageous overshooting that has historically happened in bitcoin.

I tripled all my bitcoin holdings with sh!tcoins.... Sad

You fuck!!!!

#nohomo

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Well I mine

Eth
LTC
Doge

and BTC

so shit coins are fine by me.

Please tell me philipma, why did you merge and migrate your shitcoin threads into WO?
And don't tell me to acquire more BTC, because I find this investment advice as totally not cool.
That said, ETH is the queen of shitcoins and BTC's bitch, so JJ will agree with me - that if you must diversify - buy ETH, and ETH only - and that only for a limited time frame every 4 year cycle.

Hodling anything else other than king BTC, is bound to loose value over time.

I think that I mostly agree with everything that you say here, CT.. except what is this little tingilie about holding ETH for a 4-year cycle?  Who the fuck would be suggesting anything close to that in terms of assurances?

There is no level of assurance regarding holding ETH for any period of time beyond a day or two, perhaps.. that shit could go to zero with only a few days notice... .. so sure, maybe some guys might be gambling with various shitcoins like ETH and various ETH affiliated coins, but for their own good, they better be careful in terms of NOT getting trapped in any of those various shit built upon shit that (smokes and mirrors) could collapse at any time and with little to no notice.
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 07:15:56 PM

Is it wrong for me to admit I have blood rushing to my private parts, viewing those cuts of beef ?

Beautiful.

I've only had it once in my life, certainly one of the most tasty things I ever ate. I'm (largely) vegetarian now but I will most certainly eat this again.
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2021, 07:18:44 PM

Now that's the kind of article I want to see more of: what car can you buy today with 1 BTC? https://www.autoblog.nl/nieuws/deze-5-autos-kun-je-nu-kopen-voor-1-bitcoin-858779

Wow these are some nice cars... probably you can only buy a used Porsche but don't worry some patience and I'm sure we'll be able to buy a brand new Lambo soon (later this year?).  Cool
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 07:28:39 PM

Beautiful.

I've only had it once in my life, certainly one of the most tasty things I ever ate. I'm (largely) vegetarian now but I will most certainly eat this again.

FYI: My wife recently taught me the dedicated term for this:

Quote from: honeybunny
flexitarian
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2021, 07:38:57 PM

AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4138

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 07:40:28 PM

Why are we dancing?

Price is still under $41k...
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2021, 07:43:24 PM

Why are we dancing?

Price is still under $41k...

sorry, it was just a test run for $100k.  Roll Eyes
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 07:44:08 PM

Looks like I'm gonna have to move another batch of coins to sell pretty soon.

Promised Rick I'd take another ~mil off the table @ $50k USD/BTC, on principle.

I've got problems.

Seems a little bit difficult to know for anyone who might be considering selling around $50k, and I would think that it would be more prudent to sell before the round number is reached.. but hey?  What do I know? 

Also, the BTC price could break through the round number and then go a few fractions of a percentage past the round number and then correct back down below the round number.. so there is that angle of what sometimes happens, too.

Yeah.. $50k = 20 coins in order to take a $million in value off the table..  and just think a few years ago how 20 coins might not have seemed like a whole hell of a lot.. especially in the 2015 time-period in which BTC prices had been bouncing around $250 for most of the year, and so 20 coins would have ONLY cost around $5k during those times... and now that same $5k is approaching $1million in value.. even if the dollar is worth less than it was in 2015, $1 million in value in the near future for a potentially $5k purchase in 2015 is nothing to sneeze at, amiNOTrite?
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7768

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2021, 07:48:21 PM

In historical terms, I would become a bit restless at $70k+ if this run endures without meaningful pause. This for the 'double spike' theory.

In the longer run (12-18 months), $288k would be my absolute limit.

That sounds within a range of reasonable regarding the $70k on this particular streak that we are on currently.. but your 12-18 months number seems a bit conservative.. and sure, I am not necessarily considering the higher numbers to have great chances of happening.. but the use of the term "absolute limit" might be more of a $1million coin rather than a $288k coin.. but whatever, each of us is entitled to our perspectives regarding the assignment of probabilities to various outcomes - including the assignment of probabilities to outrageous overshooting that has historically happened in bitcoin.

I tripled all my bitcoin holdings with sh!tcoins.... Sad

You fuck!!!!

#nohomo

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Well I mine

Eth
LTC
Doge

and BTC

so shit coins are fine by me.

Please tell me philipma, why did you merge and migrate your shitcoin threads into WO?
And don't tell me to acquire more BTC, because I find this investment advice as totally not cool.
That said, ETH is the queen of shitcoins and BTC's bitch, so JJ will agree with me - that if you must diversify - buy ETH, and ETH only - and that only for a limited time frame every 4 year cycle.

Hodling anything else other than king BTC, is bound to loose value over time.

I think that I mostly agree with everything that you say here, CT.. except what is this little tingilie about holding ETH for a 4-year cycle?  Who the fuck would be suggesting anything close to that in terms of assurances?

There is no level of assurance regarding holding ETH for any period of time beyond a day or two, perhaps.. that shit could go to zero with only a few days notice... .. so sure, maybe some guys might be gambling with various shitcoins like ETH and various ETH affiliated coins, but for their own good, they better be careful in terms of NOT getting trapped in any of those various shit built upon shit that (smokes and mirrors) could collapse at any time and with little to no notice.

My advice is far more sound than ct's

As he advocates holding eth and I don't

ETH
LTC
DOGE

are simply tools to get more BTC .  While ct fails to acknowledge this and advocates holding eth.

My risk of using gpus and paid off L3+ gear to mine      edit(added mine)
ETH
LTC
DOGE to get more BTC is almost, but not quite zero.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 07:48:53 PM

If the US government keeps allowing large companies to place capitol into Bitcoin, I’m going to have to assume that the US government is Satoshi and they hold all the Satoshi coins..

Something is up..
How are they now so sure Bitcoin isn’t hackable or the gov won’t turn against it..
I’m thinking they must have some assurances from higher up..

Very likely to be true.

I suspect this run continues until Biden gets sworn in or until Trump get sworn in or does a re-election.

Mean while enjoy the profits.

Get a fucking grip if you believe that there is any kind of snowball's chance in hell that Trump is staying in power.. the fucking looney dweeb, and the more surprising aspect is that some somewhat intelligent people give him any benefit of the doubt in terms of having motives that are for the good of the country.. blah blah blah.. .. any motives that he has is because he perceives them to be for the good of his lil selfie.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7768

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2021, 07:56:17 PM

If the US government keeps allowing large companies to place capitol into Bitcoin, I’m going to have to assume that the US government is Satoshi and they hold all the Satoshi coins..

Something is up..
How are they now so sure Bitcoin isn’t hackable or the gov won’t turn against it..

Very likely to be true.

I suspect this run continues until Biden gets sworn in or until Trump get sworn in or does a re-election.

Mean while enjoy the profits.

Get a fucking grip if you believe that there is any kind of snowball's chance in hell that Trump is staying in power.. the fucking looney dweeb, and the more surprising aspect is that some somewhat intelligent people give him any benefit of the doubt in terms of having motives that are for the good of the country.. blah blah blah.. .. any motives that he has is because he perceives them to be for the good of his lil selfie.

I do not think Trump will be in power after the 20th of January.

You should learn to read English.

" or " has a lot of meaning in my statement  which you have choose to completely misinterpret.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 08:02:59 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2021, 08:19:12 PM by JayJuanGee

Something is up..

Or pumping until the the next government comes into power and stop it from continuing?  Huh -I hope not.

Either the Democrats will do the complete opposite of what they say (which is probably the case considering Obama's love for Wall Street's track record etc) or crypto might get some possible negative attention in the next 4 years.

They cannot shut down BTC but forcing the likes of Coinbase to close / go underground could have a big impact on money flowing in from big players obviously.

That would be an interesting play from the USA govt, and surely seeming a reversal in a lot of ways.. Does not seem too likely but of course, it is a possible play that could cause jurisdictional arbitrage.. and an incentivizing of a crazy-ass underground economy in regards to bitcoin..

I was supposed to work today and yesterday, but with COVID, the craziness in the US, the stock market rallying, and BTC doing ATH after ATH, I just can't.

Too bad I can't quit my job yet and probably not before a bear market and another bull run after that.

You better really make sure that you got your shit together if you plan to quit your job based in part on a BTC price spike.. and be able to account for potentially severe BTC price corrections that may or may not happen.

People are started making FOMO because they have 0 Crypto..  Grin

Nice Pumping.. towards 40k ..

True that i do not have a Single Bitcoin/Crypto to my name but i really do enjoy this Forum. The intellectuals are very fun and educational. Rarety in the space of internet !

That is fucking retarded to be participating in a thread like this here one and not even to be striving for at least a minimum of 1% of your holdings to be in bitcoin.. and who gives any shit about "crypto", we are talking about bitcoin here.... so get your lil selfie in gear and figure out a way to DCA your way into something around a 1% holdings in bitcoin minimum... and then maybe that attempt at some kind of active participation will teach you a wee bit more in regards to understanding the corns a wee bit MOAR better.

People are started making FOMO because they have 0 Crypto..  Grin

Nice Pumping.. towards 40k ..

True that i do not have a Single Bitcoin/Crypto to my name but i really do enjoy this Forum. The intellectuals are very fun and educational. Rarety in the space of internet !

sure... you are just trying to throw off the tax man.   we won't tell.

Nope i really do not have a Single Crypto in my holding.. i am way too poor to buy some and the ones i had are gone since 2014 via Mt. Gox and my own idiocy/naiveness.. Part of it is at fault that  i am here cause i still hope that i might get them back...

That is a lame-ass excuse... if I must say (I must)
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 08:08:07 PM

they don't realize that bubbles are blowing everywhere right now, but Great Depression number 2 is coming soon

I've been reading about the imminent Great Depression II since 2005. They found a solution for that: a printing press. Which brings other types of problems and a good narrative for Bitcoin price surges.
Agreed, I think we are never going to see a an scenario like the great depression playing itself again, what we will see is a scenario where monopoly money becomes the norm, something that costs 1 million dollars one day will cost 5 millions the next day and then 25 millions the day after, it will be ridiculous and the velocity of money will increase to the point that holding your money for any significant amount of time, even a few minutes, will be enough for it to lose a significant amount of purchasing power.

We have already seen this, there was a time in Germany’s history in which if you were to eat at a restaurant you paid the bill before the food arrived otherwise you will not have enough money to pay for your food, banks and even private corporations began printing their own money and it held more value than the monopoly money the government printed, to me this is the most likely scenario based on the tendencies we are watching from central banks, and even back in the day Helicopter Ben stated as much openly for everyone to hear.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4874

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 08:21:23 PM

My mum asked me about bitcoin yesterday, she seemed really interested, though she had a very wrong picture of it, generally.
She told me that she saw a documentary that the "owner" of bitcoin is living on an island and has ten children, when she possibly meant Craig Wright.
I said: Don't consider investing into some "bitconín" which is "owned" by somebody  Grin
She's over 70 now, so it was hard to explain that she does not have to buy a whole bitcoin. She seemed to have a better picture through explaining "satoshis" (like cents) to her  Cheesy A nice experience, all in all.

She probably meant Calvin Ayre. Cheesy

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2021, 08:22:14 PM

they don't realize that bubbles are blowing everywhere right now, but Great Depression number 2 is coming soon

I've been reading about the imminent Great Depression II since 2005. They found a solution for that: a printing press. Which brings other types of problems and a good narrative for Bitcoin price surges.
Agreed, I think we are never going to see a an scenario like the great depression playing itself again, what we will see is a scenario where monopoly money becomes the norm, something that costs 1 million dollars one day will cost 5 millions the next day and then 25 millions the day after, it will be ridiculous and the velocity of money will increase to the point that holding your money for any significant amount of time, even a few minutes, will be enough for it to lose a significant amount of purchasing power.

We have already seen this, there was a time in Germany’s history in which if you were to eat at a restaurant you paid the bill before the food arrived otherwise you will not have enough money to pay for your food, banks and even private corporations began printing their own money and it held more value than the monopoly money the government printed, to me this is the most likely scenario based on the tendencies we are watching from central banks, and even back in the day Helicopter Ben stated as much openly for everyone to hear.

My sister went to visit a restaurant in a country that had rising inflation. They would only accept cash because they said if you use your credit card they don't get the funds for another few days and by then the money is worth less.
eXPHorizon

Activity: 1176
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 08:39:25 PM

serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2021, 08:47:34 PM

What? No ATH today? Is this a pump for ants?  Grin
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2778
Merit: 1791

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 08:50:26 PM

It's 2021 and people are still selling their BTC for paper coupons  Huh
Swordsoffreedom
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1115

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2021, 08:51:17 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2021, 09:05:02 PM by Swordsoffreedom

If anyone asks you what is the definition of shitcoin then you can send him/her these two pictures.

Bitstamp:

Coinbase:

What? No ATH today? Is this a pump for ants?  Grin

Bitsamp ATH: 31584.31   Shocked
Above 31K, Now every single "day candle" can make the new ATH.
Just hodl on guys.

Can you remember this?? now people are searching for the new ATH every single day, Nowadays new ATH is a common things expect something bigger...  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 27771 27772 27773 27774 27775 27776 27777 27778 27779 27780 27781 27782 27783 27784 27785 27786 27787 27788 27789 27790 27791 27792 27793 27794 27795 27796 27797 27798 27799 27800 27801 27802 27803 27804 27805 27806 27807 27808 27809 27810 27811 27812 27813 27814 27815 27816 27817 27818 27819 27820 [27821] 27822 27823 27824 27825 27826 27827 27828 27829 27830 27831 27832 27833 27834 27835 27836 27837 27838 27839 27840 27841 27842 27843 27844 27845 27846 27847 27848 27849 27850 27851 27852 27853 27854 27855 27856 27857 27858 27859 27860 27861 27862 27863 27864 27865 27866 27867 27868 27869 27870 27871 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: