April 27, 2024, 07:48:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27809 27810 27811 27812 27813 27814 27815 27816 27817 27818 27819 27820 27821 27822 27823 27824 27825 27826 27827 27828 27829 27830 27831 27832 27833 27834 27835 27836 27837 27838 27839 27840 27841 27842 27843 27844 27845 27846 27847 27848 27849 27850 27851 27852 27853 27854 27855 27856 27857 27858 [27859] 27860 27861 27862 27863 27864 27865 27866 27867 27868 27869 27870 27871 27872 27873 27874 27875 27876 27877 27878 27879 27880 27881 27882 27883 27884 27885 27886 27887 27888 27889 27890 27891 27892 27893 27894 27895 27896 27897 27898 27899 27900 27901 27902 27903 27904 27905 27906 27907 27908 27909 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368642 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ghandi

Activity: 569
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 10:37:04 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Overall, I find the orange man laughable, but at the same time i have no issue taking his side on censorship and being against big tech colluding to blacklist Parler. Guess i'm the minority that's able to think across the made up lines

that is true. I don't like the development where big tech companies decide which content and which ideologies are displayed and which are not.

But at the same time, I think that something has to be done about the spreading of incitement and untruths.

You can't have it both ways. People need to think for themselves. You can't have truth or thought police. This path leads to the dark side.

Of course you can't have truth police. But simply stating over and over again, that i am the leader of the world, therefore i should be seated in the white house just does nothing to me. And exactly that way it should be. But we have seen it different. And we need to find ways in order to cope with this madness.

Back in the days, the "crazy guy" in a bar was just that: a crazy guy in a bar. But today those crazy guys get millions of listeners and "self thinkers" and suddenly this crazy guy is the leader of something. And that is bad.

Just blocking stuff will not solve the issue. I still believe in education. But as a process it seems to be to slow, to keep up with the tech development.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12008

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 10:43:42 AM

PREDICTION

$100k-$115k top somewhere between 20-30th of february

Changing this to $100k-$115k top between 1th-10th of march

It’s still a bullish one, love them
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 11:04:50 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), LFC_Bitcoin (1), gallianooo (1)

We're not there yet...

_javi_

Activity: 968
Merit: 624

Still a manic miner

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 11:42:45 AM

Is it me or every attempt of recovery is being dumped on??

Do bears want to auto-fulfill the head and shoulders prophecy?  Huh

UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 11:46:49 AM

Anybody know this idiot Stefan Thomas really exists? https://www.businessinsider.de/wirtschaft/finanzen/bitcoin-vergessenes-passwort-kann-viele-millionen-euro-kosten-a/?amp

Telling in the article how great banks and governments are and why bitcoin is not that great. Because he lost his password to 7002 bitcoins. Sounds like a another fake story from fakestream media to me.
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 2493

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 11:51:25 AM

Overall, I find the orange man laughable, but at the same time i have no issue taking his side on censorship and being against big tech colluding to blacklist Parler. Guess i'm the minority that's able to think across the made up lines

that is true. I don't like the development where big tech companies decide which content and which ideologies are displayed and which are not.

But at the same time, I think that something has to be done about the spreading of incitement and untruths.

You can't have it both ways. People need to think for themselves. You can't have truth or thought police. This path leads to the dark side.

Of course you can't have truth police. But simply stating over and over again, that i am the leader of the world, therefore i should be seated in the white house just does nothing to me. And exactly that way it should be. But we have seen it different. And we need to find ways in order to cope with this madness.

Back in the days, the "crazy guy" in a bar was just that: a crazy guy in a bar. But today those crazy guys get millions of listeners and "self thinkers" and suddenly this crazy guy is the leader of something. And that is bad.

Just blocking stuff will not solve the issue. I still believe in education. But as a process it seems to be to slow, to keep up with the tech development.

Sorry but Trump was never a crazy guy in a bar. He even stated in the 80s on Oprah he would consider running for president. One COULD argue that some of his views are old fashioned or from an era gone by, I would agree with some of that.

There have been pretty crazy people leading countries in the world over the last 100 years. None of them I would say are/were typical crazy guys in a bar. Many were calculated and quite well educated people.

Education I would say is a false prevention method if you are worried about crazy leaders, since it is usually a government that is in control of education systems.

The spread of information around the world is perhaps the one thing that prevents too much inward looking and allows for critical thinking by masses and thus prevents dictators arising. Consider we have seen a hell of lot less dictators over the last 70 years.
One only has to look at countries where information is throttled to see where dictators or even religion still rule.

What big tech companies are doing isn't admirable at all considering all that.

It is better that tech companies censor rather than governments themselves. But when large tech companies are in control of information, become an extension of a particular political party or ideology and these all operate in unison because they are cowards I would say that is pretty dangerous too.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2021, 11:57:49 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2021, 12:23:24 PM by Gyrsur

Anybody know this idiot Stefan Thomas really exists? https://www.businessinsider.de/wirtschaft/finanzen/bitcoin-vergessenes-passwort-kann-viele-millionen-euro-kosten-a/?amp

Telling in the article how great banks and governments are and why bitcoin is not that great. Because he lost his password to 7002 bitcoins. Sounds like a another fake story from fakestream media to me.

it's not my business to decide if he is an idiot or not but he is a Bitcoin Veteran which later has worked for Ripple and afterwards tried to start an own business.

https://www.businessinsider.in/forget-satoshi-nakamoto-these-are-the-names-in-bitcoin-that-actually-matter/stefan-thomas-weusecoins/slideshow/31957947.cms

As I remember correctly he developed the first JavaScript implementation of Bitcoin (light client).

EDIT: his nick on github is "justmoon".

https://github.com/justmoon

EDIT2: Company he founded --> https://coil.com/about

EDIT3: don't know why he comes up with this old story? promo move for his company or variation of boat accident Huh
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/technology/bitcoin-passwords-wallets-fortunes.html
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12008

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 12:00:38 PM

Ant-moves 🐜
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 12:12:12 PM

Is it me or every attempt of recovery is being dumped on??

Do bears want to auto-fulfill the head and shoulders prophecy?  Huh

Seems like so. Also obviously, when a round number is hit ($35k today), price goes down, sellwalls appear out of nowhere and we go down again the way up is temporarily blocked.
Pro tip for your own sanity: Zoom out  Grin

Count 1 and 1 together? New miner hardware on the horizon, perhaps? miners selling old gear lately, perhaps?

EDIT: Even the most perfect H&S is no guarantee for a drop. This would also serve as a motivation for whale manipulation (if you believe in such things).

EDIT2: Additionally, there is a nice 4h triangle forming. We know bitcoin can go anywhere upon completion. For example, i called the last triangle to be bullish, that was right before the 2nd dip a few days ago. Corn does, what corn does. It goes up (if you zoom out).
ghandi

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 12:55:32 PM

Sorry but Trump was never a crazy guy in a bar. He even stated in the 80s on Oprah he would consider running for president. One COULD argue that some of his views are old fashioned or from an era gone by, I would agree with some of that.

There have been pretty crazy people leading countries in the world over the last 100 years. None of them I would say are/were typical crazy guys in a bar. Many were calculated and quite well educated people.

Education I would say is a false prevention method if you are worried about crazy leaders, since it is usually a government that is in control of education systems.

The spread of information around the world is perhaps the one thing that prevents too much inward looking and allows for critical thinking by masses and thus prevents dictators arising. Consider we have seen a hell of lot less dictators over the last 70 years.
One only has to look at countries where information is throttled to see where dictators or even religion still rule.

What big tech companies are doing isn't admirable at all considering all that.

It is better that tech companies censor rather than governments themselves. But when large tech companies are in control of information, become an extension of a particular political party or ideology and these all operate in unison because they are cowards I would say that is pretty dangerous too.

I really like and encourage critical thinking. But starting your "critical thinking" process by simply denying a election result is not my understanding of "critical thinking" it's more like a state of denial. There are people who simply claim there is no pandemic because there are no viruses in the first place. Thats not "critical thinking" that's just a straightforward lie. And this stuff somehow has to be controlled in the future. Otherwise the whole internet idea collapses in itself, because the people are not able to cope with the "information" aka "lies" they read.

//But i obligate to go back to the bitcoin price movement, instead of arguing over the internet. Cheesy
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 01:07:59 PM

Other info on him (forgot the source) was that he was paid the 7002 BTC for creating the "What is Bitcoin" video.    The 7002 is not his entire stash and he has more than enough he said that BTC has provided riches beyond his wildest dreams.   He also worked at Ripple...     

I don't think its a made up story but media is sure pushing it hard,   no reason for it to be circulated now as they BTC were also "lost" in 2017 and worth over 100 million so, meh.    I think it's just media being media.

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 01:30:38 PM
Merited by serveria.com (1)

"You hear that Average Joe? You can easily lose the password to your fortune! Easily! Best to stay the fk away from Bitcoin and just use banks and fiat."
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 01:36:00 PM

"You hear that Average Joe? You can easily lose the password to your fortune! Easily! Best to stay the fk away from Bitcoin and just use banks and fiat."

Yes that's the message. He is saying "you make your own shoe? Or you buy your shoe" as an comparison to btc and banks. Strange comparison.
rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 01:37:51 PM
Merited by Torque (1), BitcoinBunny (1)

I really like and encourage critical thinking. But starting your "critical thinking" process by simply denying a election result is not my understanding of "critical thinking" it's more like a state of denial. There are people who simply claim there is no pandemic because there are no viruses in the first place. Thats not "critical thinking" that's just a straightforward lie. And this stuff somehow has to be controlled in the future. Otherwise the whole internet idea collapses in itself, because the people are not able to cope with the "information" aka "lies" they read.

//But i obligate to go back to the bitcoin price movement, instead of arguing over the internet. Cheesy

As free people, we all have the right to think whatever we want and believe whatever we choose to, including denial. There is nothing illegal about choosing to believe something that is seen as false by 99% of the rest. When something truly sinister happens in the world, you'll be thankful for these overly suspicious conspiracy theory believers/non-believers.

Nothing has to be "controlled". We succeeded in surviving as a species for millions of years just fine without any control. In fact, religious control set us back a couple thousand years. That should be enough of a lesson right there to stop the idea of controlling anything beyond setting clear laws and enforcing them. Just punish those who break the law and ignore the voices you don't agree with.

If enough people really get behind an idea or a person, there is probably some truth behind what they believe. Nothing in life is black or white. Everything is a shade of gray. What you have to ask is "why" so many people like Trump. Do you really believe they are all mentally ill? Critical thinking would be trying to understand what people see in Trump, not saying we must control something so people don't end up liking a guy like Trump.
machasm

Activity: 784
Merit: 796

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 01:50:55 PM

The fact that he made out like a bandit beyond his wildest dreams doesnt seem to factor in to their narrative.
it would seem that every news story needs to be taken with a large dose of salt.
Why cant we just say it the way it is instead of always pushing an agenda?
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 01:54:51 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2021, 02:09:51 PM by Torque
Merited by DaRude (1), BitcoinBunny (1), Tash (1), rolling (1)

If people want to start with true "critical thinking", they can start with the truth that the POTUS controls very little and has very little power, while Congress controls pretty much ALL the power. All one has to do is research how the U.S. legislative process actually works.

But 99.9% of people want to believe that the POTUS is either their country's savior or their country's enemy, and holds all the cards. I guess they want to believe he is sitting in his office giving out orders and passing laws like a dictator.

The irony is unbelievable. People focus so much energy on all the wrong things.

I'm sure the educational establishment will eventually get rid of Political Science courses like they did Finance courses. Gotta keep people ignorant and clueless, as it makes them easier to fool and persuade.
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 2493

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 02:17:28 PM

So this time next year whereabouts will the BTC price be?

I'm going with $80,000.
bct_ail
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 2217

https://t1p.de/6ghrf

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2021, 02:22:42 PM

Bitcoin is funny business, says European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde

https://www.reuters.com/video/watch/ecbs-lagarde-says-bitcoin-conducted-funn-id724167311
https://www.reuters.com/article/crypto-currency-ecb/reuters-next-ecbs-lagarde-calls-for-regulating-bitcoins-funny-business-idUSL1N2JO0RM
ghandi

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 02:22:50 PM

As free people, we all have the right to think whatever we want and believe whatever we choose to, including denial. There is nothing illegal about choosing to believe something that is seen as false by 99% of the rest. When something truly sinister happens in the world, you'll be thankful for these overly suspicious conspiracy theory believers/non-believers.

Nothing has to be "controlled". We succeeded in surviving as a species for millions of years just fine without any control. In fact, religious control set us back a couple thousand years. That should be enough of a lesson right there to stop the idea of controlling anything beyond setting clear laws and enforcing them. Just punish those who break the law and ignore the voices you don't agree with.

If enough people really get behind an idea or a person, there is probably some truth behind what they believe. Nothing in life is black or white. Everything is a shade of gray. What you have to ask is "why" so many people like Trump. Do you really believe they are all mentally ill? Critical thinking would be trying to understand what people see in Trump, not saying we must control something so people don't end up liking a guy like Trump.

I just don't like the idea of "endless critical thinking without limitation because i can always go MORE critical". So if Trump is not the problem, suddenly the senate is. If the senate is not, than what is next? It's just a loophole without an end. Just like an 6 year old who found out, he can rule over his parents by just going on with "and why?".

I like the idea of provable and repeatable experiments. I like the work of people falsify flatearth theories with plain physics ANYBODY can re-test. I don't like endless "i won, trust me" bullshit. Don't care from which side. Either bring a proof i can challenge or gtfo.

That's the nice thing about bitcoin. I don't have to trust my bank that my funds are safe. I can mathematically proof they are safe and they are there. No discussion possible. Either you have the private key or not. End of story.

And i don't like to see more and more people depart into this abyss of endless critical thinking based on just nothing.
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2021, 02:23:09 PM

So this time next year whereabouts will the BTC price be?

I'm going with $80,000.

It would be way more interesting to find out what the price will be in November-December 2021...  Grin  but I guess we can easily drop to $80k in January 2022 falling down from the heights of a blowoff top!  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 27809 27810 27811 27812 27813 27814 27815 27816 27817 27818 27819 27820 27821 27822 27823 27824 27825 27826 27827 27828 27829 27830 27831 27832 27833 27834 27835 27836 27837 27838 27839 27840 27841 27842 27843 27844 27845 27846 27847 27848 27849 27850 27851 27852 27853 27854 27855 27856 27857 27858 [27859] 27860 27861 27862 27863 27864 27865 27866 27867 27868 27869 27870 27871 27872 27873 27874 27875 27876 27877 27878 27879 27880 27881 27882 27883 27884 27885 27886 27887 27888 27889 27890 27891 27892 27893 27894 27895 27896 27897 27898 27899 27900 27901 27902 27903 27904 27905 27906 27907 27908 27909 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: