May 04, 2024, 06:20:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 3447 3448 3449 3450 3451 3452 3453 3454 3455 3456 3457 3458 3459 3460 3461 3462 3463 3464 3465 3466 3467 3468 3469 3470 3471 3472 3473 3474 3475 3476 3477 3478 3479 3480 3481 3482 3483 3484 3485 3486 3487 3488 3489 3490 3491 3492 3493 3494 3495 3496 [3497] 3498 3499 3500 3501 3502 3503 3504 3505 3506 3507 3508 3509 3510 3511 3512 3513 3514 3515 3516 3517 3518 3519 3520 3521 3522 3523 3524 3525 3526 3527 3528 3529 3530 3531 3532 3533 3534 3535 3536 3537 3538 3539 3540 3541 3542 3543 3544 3545 3546 3547 ... 33322 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372044 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:10:39 AM

Is this investment club open to new members? Sign message I control 10kBTC to join?

You can buy shares to join. We have about 70 members & higher.

Member is about BTC1.5,
Partner BTC15,
Senior Partner BTC50,
in addition the other property that the club controls such as the clubroom and 25% of Silvervault.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:16:53 AM

late November, when I was the sole dissident in the crowd of all bulls
Totally, can't seem to recall anyone warning of another 2011 back then while being laughed at. Or anyone who bought into the suicide hotline while others were busy panicking. Hmm. Weird. Cheesy

Being a contrarian is certainly one of the better plays, but keep in mind that a trend can stay intact for quite a while even though most everyone is bullish/bearish. It is just the extreme points of sentiment that are really high danger. Even with this in mind, it's always likely the trend extends further than you think. As an example … on the way up to 900, the sentiment was already completely insane with that congress hearing. I don't think it is possible to consistently catch the very last wave (I certainly haven't seen anyone who is able to do it) nor do I think it's adviseable to try because the risk becomes disproportionate to the reward.

I do find it ironic that our hotshot investment club supernode king of the crypto Risto got caught in the euphoria at the very end of the bubble. Cheesy
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:25:24 AM

I do find it ironic that our hotshot investment club supernode king of the crypto Risto got caught in the euphoria at the very end of the bubble. Cheesy

Euphoria is a wrong word, since I bought back only about 20% of what I had sold in 19-20.11. (and sold them again at 924 after downtrend was confirmed to me after the first big drop). But nevertheless, it was a good lesson on being right and sitting tight, because both are essential. The results were OK but the zen was not there Wink Now after receiving this lesson, I have no problem being partly fiat even until March, no matter where the price goes meanwhile. In March I will need to start adjusting my bids upwards by 0.7% per day.
N12
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:26:42 AM

Can I pay the investment club fee in XAG? Cheesy

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:33:12 AM

There is no fee. We have a company with 628 shares, and the company directly owns certain stuff, such as 1 bitcoin per share. Then it indirectly owns stuff. People own shares, and may buy and sell them. You can offer anything in exchange for a certain number of shares and have it posted to our mailing list. I have traded them vs. silver in the past that is nothing "funny", after all the name is Hopeapankki Holding Oy and silver was the main investment before bitcoin.
N12
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:35:42 AM

It's you who is funny. You are a great entertainer and I'm glad you're sticking around. Grin

edit: In seriousness though, congrats on managing to break through whatever triggered your 300k delusion back in the day. I honestly think you're pretty rational these days.
OldGeek

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Blitz:The price affects the perception of the news

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:40:32 AM

Pardon me for interrupting, but I want to publicly thank you both for your contributions to my bitcoin education.

Now, then, one of you sell and the other buy.  This flat-lined market gives me the jitters.

edit:  Hey, it worked.  A spike.  Small but defo better than the last few hours.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:08:31 AM

edit: In seriousness though, congrats on managing to break through whatever triggered your 300k delusion back in the day.

Which one of us is being fooled now?  Roll Eyes No matter what I say, there is a great crowd of followers big and small. Of course I benefit from being a public figure, but what exactly do you gain from trying to "expose" me with screencaps taken from our very own commercial?  Cheesy
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:20:08 AM

edit: In seriousness though, congrats on managing to break through whatever triggered your 300k delusion back in the day.

Which one of us is being fooled now?  Roll Eyes No matter what I say, there is a great crowd of followers big and small. Of course I benefit from being a public figure, but what exactly do you gain from trying to "expose" me with screencaps taken from our very own commercial?  Cheesy

I don't think there is a great crowd of anybody(s) following you anywhere. In your mind maybe.

I enjoy your commentary, but don't particularly hold it over several others opinions on this forum.

For instance, one thing that baffles the hell out of me on this "trading" forum is that the majority of us believe BTC will be worth 5 or 6 figures one day. So we only trade to acquire more bitcoin.

Meanwhile, its about 10000 times easier to acquire more bitcoin by trading alt coins. In fact, dozens of people invested $130 or less in Nxt a few months ago and now own the equivalent of 6000 BTC.

That is an extreme example, but there are dozens of more.

I am acquiring more bitcoin by buying and selling, but I am acquiring a crap ton more by acquiring new coins and selling them. I mean its almost impossibly not to increase your wealth that way and its ridiculously less time consuming and stressful than btc trading.

So if the smartest person is the one acquiring the most relative increase of btc, then the smartest person isn't just watching the btc market.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:22:40 AM

In fact, dozens of people invested $130 or less in Nxt a few months ago and now own the equivalent of 6000 BTC.
I have a hard time believing that it's actually possible for a dozen people to all cash out a total of 72000 BTC from that market.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:26:12 AM

In fact, dozens of people invested $130 or less in Nxt a few months ago and now own the equivalent of 6000 BTC.
I have a hard time believing that it's actually possible for a dozen people to all cash out a total of 72000 BTC from that market.

I know that 2 of them have already have. Dozens of others have cashed out a %. And the others havent started yet. There were around 71 initial investors.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:36:32 AM

I view it as improbable that this bubble will challenge its ATH anytime soon. I think it is probable that we will have several more months of either downtrend or consolidation. IF we go to ~100 billion market cap anytime soon, I would view a multi year bear market as the most probable option. My views are based on past Bitcoin history (charts), sentiment and my understanding of this world. I may be wrong, but my motive is capital preservation while still allowing my to enjoy Bitcoin's growth, as I have done in the past.

Spot on, in my opinion (except for "multi year" anything). I see one major difference between previous "growth spurts" (to take over the term by wachtwoord) - the increase of total valuation from 10B USD to 100B USD is more than just another increase by factor 10. It's the difference between "too small to be of significance for big players" (be it banks, funds or states), and "big enough to matter".

I still think the bear market will be more consolidation than bear, and won't last much longer than early next year, but 2014 will probably find ways of challenging our optimism. Doesn't matter whether it's a less enthusiastic market, government interference or another stumbling block.

All that said, another ath will probably be reached. I don't see this market capable of a year long stagnation. If anything, we're getting faster, both in the run ups to peaks (aths and intermediate peaks)  and in their corrections.
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:38:49 AM

I don't think there is a great crowd of anybody(s) following you anywhere. In your mind maybe.

You might be surprised.  Bitcointalk.org is ranked #1426 by Alexa in the USA and #952 in Canada, for unique vistors per day.  

Quickly calculating the ratio of "views / posts" over a random sampling of forum threads suggests a 40 : 1 lurker-to-poster ratio.  There are at least 50 posters here that follow Risto's posts.  Multiplying that by the lurker-multiplier factor of 40, suggests that approximately 2,000 individuals across the globe are paying attention to what he says.  

Even the MSM picked up his thread about wealth distribution in bitcoin (and unfortunately reported his estimates as facts). 
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:43:13 AM

You might be surprised.  Bitcointalk.org is ranked #1426 by Alexa in the USA and #952 in Canada, for unique vistors per day.  

Quickly calculating the ratio of "views / posts" over a random sampling of forum threads suggests a 40 : 1 lurker-to-poster ratio.  There are at least 50 posters here that follow Risto's posts.  Multiplying that by the lurker-multiplier factor of 40, suggests that approximately 2,000 individuals across the globe are paying attention to what he says.  

WTF are you talking about? Please list the 50 posters here that "follow" Risto's posts. If there are 50 people on here who trade based solely on what ANY poster says then there are 50 STUPID people on here. And if that crazy calculation you just pulled out of your ass based on Alexa, probably the MOST inaccurate web traffic tool on the internet, is actually true, then there are at least 2000 STUPID people reading these posts.

Which, now that I think about it is probably true.

But there is not a lot of money following Risto or anyone else (maybe MasterLuc). Because people with a lot of money are smart enough not to "follow" anybody's particular posts.

Kramerc

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:50:12 AM

WTF are you talking about? Please list the 50 posters here that "follow" Risto's posts. If there are 50 people on here who trade based solely on what ANY poster says then there are 50 STUPID people on here. And if that crazy calculation you just pulled out of your ass based on Alexa, probably the MOST inaccurate web traffic tool on the internet, is actually true, then there are at least 2000 STUPID people reading these posts.

But there is not a lot of money following Risto or anyone else (maybe MasterLuc). Because people with a lot of money are smart enough not to "follow" anybody's particular posts.

Usually, I quite enjoy your posts, but this crusade of yours agaisnt RP is getting very tiring for the readers. How about you just ignore him and, do all of us, you included, a big favour.
Peter R
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:50:39 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2013, 10:17:24 AM by Peter R

I follow your posts too, windjc.  I think you have a lot of good insight, and I'm sure others agree.  The point of my post was to show that there *are* more people watching than just the regular commenters here: your posts and my posts included.  Yes, my calculation could likely be refined--it was just intended as a rough estimate..  

I know Risto has a lot of people that listen to what he says: a few weeks ago there were two "attack" threads launched at Risto.  He received a great deal of support.  He is one of the "personalities" of bitcointalk.  
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:52:55 AM

Hey bitcoin market, do something. The gamblers are getting bored and need their dopamine rush.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:55:01 AM

Usually, I quite enjoy your posts, but this crusade of yours agaisnt RP is getting very tiring for the readers. How about you just ignore him and, do all of us, you included, a big favour.

Lol. I have no crusade against RP.  I like the guy. For the most part. I like the log charts he has and I think a lot of his long term strategies are sound. I was just calling him out a little on some of his arrogance. I am not the 100th person to do this.

My point in my last post was that in my humble opinion, no one should "follow" one particular posters advice. Is there good advice on the forum? Absolutely. But it comes from a variety of sources.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:56:14 AM

I follow your posts too, windjc.  I think you have a lot of good insight, and I'm sure others agree.  The point of my post was to show that there *are* more people watching than just the regular commenters here: your posts and my posts included.  Yes, my calculation could likely be refined--it was just intended as a rough estimate..  

I know Risto has a lot of people that listen to what he says: a few weeks ago their were two "attack" threads launched at Risto.  He received a great deal of support.  He is one of the "personalities" of bitcointalk.  

Maybe so. I concede. Perhaps there are thousands of people trading based on RPs comments. Its a little scary if true though.
Peter R
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:59:03 AM

My point in my last post was that in my humble opinion, no one should "follow" one particular posters advice. Is there good advice on the forum? Absolutely. But it comes from a variety of sources.

I think part of the confusion is the definition assumed for the word "follow."  I mean it in the twitter sort of way, as in "pay attention to."  I don't mean blindly do whatever that person suggests. 
Pages: « 1 ... 3447 3448 3449 3450 3451 3452 3453 3454 3455 3456 3457 3458 3459 3460 3461 3462 3463 3464 3465 3466 3467 3468 3469 3470 3471 3472 3473 3474 3475 3476 3477 3478 3479 3480 3481 3482 3483 3484 3485 3486 3487 3488 3489 3490 3491 3492 3493 3494 3495 3496 [3497] 3498 3499 3500 3501 3502 3503 3504 3505 3506 3507 3508 3509 3510 3511 3512 3513 3514 3515 3516 3517 3518 3519 3520 3521 3522 3523 3524 3525 3526 3527 3528 3529 3530 3531 3532 3533 3534 3535 3536 3537 3538 3539 3540 3541 3542 3543 3544 3545 3546 3547 ... 33322 »
  Print  

Jump to: