May 22, 2024, 12:32:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 14772 14773 14774 14775 14776 14777 14778 14779 14780 14781 14782 14783 14784 14785 14786 14787 14788 14789 14790 14791 14792 14793 14794 14795 14796 14797 14798 14799 14800 14801 14802 14803 14804 14805 14806 14807 14808 14809 14810 14811 14812 14813 14814 14815 14816 14817 14818 14819 14820 14821 [14822] 14823 14824 14825 14826 14827 14828 14829 14830 14831 14832 14833 14834 14835 14836 14837 14838 14839 14840 14841 14842 14843 14844 14845 14846 14847 14848 14849 14850 14851 14852 14853 14854 14855 14856 14857 14858 14859 14860 14861 14862 14863 14864 14865 14866 14867 14868 14869 14870 14871 14872 ... 33373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26387783 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:21:47 AM

This slide speaks to the Chinese as if they're absolute idiots... like they don't even know what they are deciding. The one positive... the outcome will give me a clear answer as to the level of risk I'm willing to place on this experiment... possibly forced diversification, as it were... pulling the cords after/during the "no fork" relief rally of course.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 07:22:18 AM

here's why I am bearish:

In poker, if you have a hand with a 10% chance of winning $10,000, it's worth a $1000 bet. I think Bitcoin has a ~25% of being worth $3,000 at the next bubble top if there is one.  There is a 50/50 chance that the scaling conflict will be resolved and a 50/50 chance that either the mining concentration issue will be fixed by adding enough hashpower outside of China or that the ChiComs can't figure out how to launch a 51% attack or choose not to. 

Then there is also the risk that Bitcoin is outlawed, hacked, broken or surpassed by a better coin (50/50)

So Bitcoin should be trading around (O.5 X 0.5 X 0.5 X $3,000) or $375

fichtn12345

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:48:06 AM

i have a dream! i dream of large corporations/governments competing for blocks with 100,000's of 0.00001BTC fees

I have a dream where a bitcoin is worth $400,000 each three halvings from now so the blockreward is over a million bucks and miners still won't care about fees.  

If BTC value doubles more frequently than the blockreward halves, fees will never be needed to sustain miners. Of course BTC can't grow exponentially in purchasing power forever, but it can in nominal terms if the U.S. Dollar ever hyperinflates.

Keep on believing!
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1778

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:00:51 AM

Coin

Explanation
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 08:05:09 AM

Angry  Pervert it all you'd like iCE, it won't be Bitcoin when you're done with it.   Cry

Thanks for posting that wonderful slide, it's like the Rosetta Stone of Bitcoin's Great Schism.

How do you imagine I'm going to cause some radical change in our beloved phlegmatic Honey Badger?

I'm flattered you believe it's within my powers to transmute Bitcoin into some perverted form (via inaction no less!), but can't fathom the internal logic of such a fanciful delusion.

The truth is Honey Badger really doesn't give a shit what I (or you) do (or don't do).

Bitcoin will only stop being Bitcoin if it ceases to be immune to the populist nonsense and moral hazard insisted upon by Gavinista quasi-majoritarians.

Gavincoin's 75% threshold is three wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.

Bitcoin is never going to sacrifice its critical consensus for your high time preference.

The max block size will increase eventually but Sorry, Not Tonight Dear.

If you want to use a democratically elected political currency try the USD, EUR, or CNY.   Wink
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:09:01 AM

Lambie is a celebrity.
Cconvert2G36

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:20:18 AM

Angry  Pervert it all you'd like iCE, it won't be Bitcoin when you're done with it.   Cry

Thanks for posting that wonderful slide, it's like the Rosetta Stone of Bitcoin's Great Schism.

How do you imagine I'm going to cause some radical change in our beloved phlegmatic Honey Badger?

I'm flattered you believe it's within my powers to transmute Bitcoin into some perverted form (via inaction no less!), but can't fathom the internal logic of such a fanciful delusion.

The truth is Honey Badger really doesn't give a shit what I (or you) do (or don't do).

Bitcoin will only stop being Bitcoin if it ceases to be immune to the populist nonsense and moral hazard insisted upon by Gavinista quasi-majoritarians.

Gavincoin's 75% threshold is three wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.

Bitcoin is never going to sacrifice its critical consensus for your high time preference.

If you want to use a democratically elected political currency try the USD, EUR, or CNY.   Wink

I'm aware that you're impotent, personally, but those that you endorse and enable are not...

Truth is... Core Power Rangers have been given an ultimatum... now we anxiously await an answer.

It's not about votes granted by breathing... it's about votes granted by quadrillions of hashes...  Kiss

Unlike you? I'm willing to accept their decision.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 08:32:54 AM

Angry  Pervert it all you'd like iCE, it won't be Bitcoin when you're done with it.   Cry

If you want to use a democratically elected political currency try the USD, EUR, or CNY.   Wink

Sorry, but you won't get rid of us that easily. Bitcoin price goes down as Classic node count goes up, so if you want the value to appreciate, you will convince your masters that they will give us 2MB or we will end up getting 2MB AND cheap coins through Classic or whatever follows that. 

Bitcoin didn't start with a 1 MB limit as you damn well know and it was not intended to be an economic tool but an anti-spam tool.  21 MM coins is sacred. 1MB is just a feature that has turned into a bug.
Lack of consensus for a specific change is not the same as consensus for the status quo. There is NOT consensus for artificial scarcity of blockspace.  There is lack of consensus, and it's Core's fault.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 08:41:02 AM

Core Power Rangers have been given an ultimatum

It's not about votes granted by breathing... it's about votes granted by quadrillions of hashes...  Kiss

You honestly expect Honey Badger to respond to ultimatums (ie threats)?

If X gives a shit about ultimatums and threats, X is not Honey Badger.

As for the [impressively large number of] hashes, their function is to act as well-paid security guards, not executives.

If the security guards start demanding a vote in the boardroom they protect, the board will simply fire and replace them with new rent-a-cops.

There is nothing indispensable about sha256, and if the centralized miner tail tries to wag the distributed socioeconomic majority dog we will simply change to another PoW.
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:44:40 AM

As for the [impressively large number of] hashes, their function is to act as well-paid security guards, not executives.

If the security guards start demanding a vote in the boardroom they protect, the board will simply fire and replace them with new rent-a-cops.

There is nothing indispensable about sha256, and if the centralized miner tail tries to wag the distributed socioeconomic majority dog we will simply change to another PoW.

"simply" he says.
Cconvert2G36

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:47:16 AM

I'm aware that you're impotent, personally, but those that you endorse and enable are not...

Truth is... Core Power Rangers have been given an ultimatum... now we anxiously await an answer.

Unlike you? I'm willing to accept their decision.

Have fun with your altcoin... may it be more exciting than monero.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1778

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:00:52 AM

Coin

Explanation
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 09:01:40 AM

Are you really that stupid? You think you can take our chain, render the entire mining industry incompatible and everyone will just dogpile onto your fork with microhash security?   

The Board isn't just dealing with collective bargaining from the help, but also from the customers and shareholders.   The board is a cunt hair away from getting sent packing by all of us because all they have to do is make one tiny change from a 1 to a 2 and they won't do it. 
I will sell my stash. I will tell everyone I meet that Bitcoin is radioactive. I will spin down my node.  There are thousands like me.

There is nothing indispensable about Core. We want to work with them. Plead, in fact. We would greatly appreciate their cooperation, but we don't need it.  I really want to avoid a fight, but I have already conceded everything I can. Without a commitment to 2MB in a specific timeframe,  I walk and so does half the bitcoin economy.  You give us no choice. 
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:06:20 AM

Are you really that stupid? You think you can take our chain, render the entire mining industry incompatible and everyone will just dogpile onto your fork with microhash security?    *snip*

like i said, "simply."

i am honestly shocked this has taken this long to work out. the original intent was crystal clear. unfortunately that wasn't implemented and now will be rather painful to do so. but the status quo is untenable, and we all know it. the time to fix this is long past, it seems to me.

shame we can't agree HOW to fix it...
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 09:10:15 AM

"simply" he says.

Yes I said "simply."

You seem confused so I'll draw you a picture.

If Gavincoin forces a situation where catastrophic consensus failure is unacceptably likely, the socioeconomic majority will simply change the PoW to something other than sha256^2.

It's not hard; the code has already been written.  We may even use the crisis as an opportunity to upgrade to a less centralization prone/friendly algorithm.

But don't take my word for it, read what the CEO of Spondoolies says.

https://medium.com/@vcorem/lesson-learned-from-the-classic-coup-attempt-or-why-core-needs-to-prepare-a-gpu-only-pow-6a9afe18e4b0

Sha256 isn't any more important to Bitcoin than an individual worker bee is to Honey Badger.  Their angry buzzing and futile stings simply have no real power.  They can try to make Honey Badger give a shit, but the attempt only results in their own demise.

The Sovereign Citizens of La Serenissima will not allow Gavinista bankster shitlords like R3's Mike Hearn and Coinbase's Brian Armstrong to trade off their critical consensus (as preserved in the Holy Blockchain) for the sake of high time preferences.

Any impatient/impertinent miner that joins in such a hostile effort may go straight to hell, and take their suddenly-obsolete sha256 ASICs with them as a handy doorstop/paperweight/boat anchor/souvenir.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:13:21 AM

With every bitcoin price increase big blocktards are getting more desperate in their funny 'ultimatums'.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:13:36 AM

Looks like someone tripped over the wire and shut down their core pseudonodes.

Nodecounter.com
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 09:18:13 AM

Are you really that stupid? You think you can take our chain, render the entire mining industry incompatible and everyone will just dogpile onto your fork with microhash security?    *snip*

like i said, "simply."

i am honestly shocked this has taken this long to work out. the original intent was crystal clear. unfortunately that wasn't implemented and now will be rather painful to do so. but the status quo is untenable, and we all know it. the time to fix this is long past, it seems to me.

shame we can't agree HOW to fix it...

We have agreed. We will give Core a chance to come with or do it without them.  There is only one party in this conflict who will not compromise and they have a company with the initials "B.S."  Consensus doesn't just happen. It is BUILT and the very people who should be building it are preventing it, but they are increasingly isolated. The consensus party is coming and Core has an invitation. If they don't want to come, it's on them. 
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:19:06 AM

"simply" he says.

Yes I said "simply."

You seem confused so I'll draw you a picture.

If Gavincoin forces a situation where catastrophic consensus failure is unacceptably likely, the socioeconomic majority will simply change the PoW to something other than sha256^2.

It's not hard; the code has already been written.  We may even use the crisis as an opportunity to upgrade to a less centralization prone/friendly algorithm.

But don't take my word for it, read what the CEO of Spondoolies says.

https://medium.com/@vcorem/lesson-learned-from-the-classic-coup-attempt-or-why-core-needs-to-prepare-a-gpu-only-pow-6a9afe18e4b0

Sha256 isn't any more important to Bitcoin than an individual worker bee is to Honey Badger.  Their angry buzzing and futile stings simply have no real power.  They can try to make Honey Badger give a shit, but the attempt only results in their own demise.

The Sovereign Citizens of La Serenissima will not allow Gavinista bankster shitlords like R3's Mike Hearn and Coinbase's Brian Armstrong to trade off their critical consensus (as preserved in the Holy Blockchain) for the sake of high time preferences.

Any impatient/impertinent miner that joins in such a hostile effort may go straight to hell, and take their suddenly-obsolete sha256 ASICs with them as a handy doorstop/paperweight/boat anchor/souvenir.

Guy Corem has about as good a business sense as you have. About as much charm and grace too. I really hope you two can join forces and get that shitcoin of yours. Take Peter Todd with you. He seems to like shitcoins.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 09:22:40 AM

With every bitcoin price increase big blocktards are getting more desperate in their funny 'ultimatums'.

What price increase? From $1156? $502? $475? $465? You really think price is going up? 
Pages: « 1 ... 14772 14773 14774 14775 14776 14777 14778 14779 14780 14781 14782 14783 14784 14785 14786 14787 14788 14789 14790 14791 14792 14793 14794 14795 14796 14797 14798 14799 14800 14801 14802 14803 14804 14805 14806 14807 14808 14809 14810 14811 14812 14813 14814 14815 14816 14817 14818 14819 14820 14821 [14822] 14823 14824 14825 14826 14827 14828 14829 14830 14831 14832 14833 14834 14835 14836 14837 14838 14839 14840 14841 14842 14843 14844 14845 14846 14847 14848 14849 14850 14851 14852 14853 14854 14855 14856 14857 14858 14859 14860 14861 14862 14863 14864 14865 14866 14867 14868 14869 14870 14871 14872 ... 33373 »
  Print  

Jump to: