May 02, 2024, 10:26:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 14745 14746 14747 14748 14749 14750 14751 14752 14753 14754 14755 14756 14757 14758 14759 14760 14761 14762 14763 14764 14765 14766 14767 14768 14769 14770 14771 14772 14773 14774 14775 14776 14777 14778 14779 14780 14781 14782 14783 14784 14785 14786 14787 14788 14789 14790 14791 14792 14793 14794 [14795] 14796 14797 14798 14799 14800 14801 14802 14803 14804 14805 14806 14807 14808 14809 14810 14811 14812 14813 14814 14815 14816 14817 14818 14819 14820 14821 14822 14823 14824 14825 14826 14827 14828 14829 14830 14831 14832 14833 14834 14835 14836 14837 14838 14839 14840 14841 14842 14843 14844 14845 ... 33314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370800 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 08:15:32 AM

fascinating new interview with Peter Todd-

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/the-bitcoin-game-34-bitcoin-core-dev-peter-todd

Everything is falling in line for extreme bullish outcome... only pessimism is a couple more months of uncertainty due to fork.... but that will pass once segwit starts rolling out. Everyone has 1.5-2 more months to buy at depressed prices...

Gold bugs that hated bitcoin are now coming around and advocating it -

http://financialsurvivalnetwork.com/2016/02/andrew-hoffman-current-financial-market-eye-of-the-hurricane/

Brian now backpeddling on classic?

https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/700175287607164928

I think we'll get to the same outcome either way and I fully admit your way may be best. Hopefully nobody catches on to our good cop/bad cop

ok so i listen to the first few min of this, it pissed me off, then i turned it off and tried to go to bed... i can't sleep...

i want to slap this TODD guy in the face

i want him to apologize to everyone for lying, and FUDing in order to push his lighting network horse shit

and then i want him to resign from bitcoin

i never liked what he had to say but this is too much.

listening to the full thing now...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 08:19:22 AM

This timetm
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:41:02 AM

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/the-bitcoin-game-34-bitcoin-core-dev-peter-todd

Everything is falling in line for extreme bullish outcome... only pessimism is a couple more months of uncertainty due to fork.... but that will pass once segwit starts rolling out. Everyone has 1.5-2 more months to buy at depressed prices...

http://financialsurvivalnetwork.com/2016/02/andrew-hoffman-current-financial-market-eye-of-the-hurricane/

I think we'll get to the same outcome either way and I fully admit your way may be best. Hopefully nobody catches on to our good cop/bad cop

ok so i listen to the first few min of this, it pissed me off, then i turned it off and tried to go to bed... i can't sleep...

i want him to apologize to everyone for lying, and FUDing in order to push his lighting network horse shit

Fuck out of here, Peter Todd is the man.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 08:42:09 AM

Fuck out of here, Peter Todd is the man.

says brg444  Grin
i have a problem with when he implies that a small or medium size miner would get affected by 2mb block and move to pools
as if small or medium size minners solo mine.
i mean come on todd show me 1  small or medium size miner that doesn't already mine at a pool.
he then talks about how we shouldn't touch 1MB and use lighting, that really ticked me off.

other then that the rest of the interview was easier to digest
brg444

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:49:47 AM

says brg444  Grin
i have a problem with when he implies that a small or medium size miner would get affected by 2mb block and move to pools
i mean come on todd show me 1  small or medium size miner that doesn't already mine at a pool.
he then talks about how we shouldn't touch 1MB and use lighting, that really ticked me off.

Yeah, well clearly you don't understand how this stuff works so your opinion is as good as the hobo down the street's
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 08:53:35 AM

says brg444  Grin

Yeah, well clearly you don't understand how this stuff works so your opinion is as good as the hobo down the street's

ok prove it

show me 1  small or medium size miner that doesn't already mine at a pool.

he lied pure and simple
brg444

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:56:53 AM

says brg444  Grin

ok prove it

he lied pure and simple

Let me repeat: you don't know how this stuff works.

Keep your eyes on the scoreboard, this stuff is way beyond you.

Look! Price is rising!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 08:58:57 AM

says brg444  Grin

ok prove it

he lied pure and simple

Look! Price is rising!

oh look at that

buy buy BUY! @_@
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:00:56 AM

Coin

Explanation
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 09:01:14 AM

says brg444  Grin

ok prove it

he lied pure and simple

Look! Price is rising!

poeple should note that brg444 is known to be a bought and paid for blockstream shithead.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 09:04:55 AM

when he says "give companies time to transition" he means "give companies that rely on cheep transaction,time to close up shop, becuase lighting wont be ready for years"

it feels like he knows lighting won't be ready in time, so he needs to HOLD back any blocksize increase now because he knows once we start to bump it up and the system doesn't implode we'll just keep doing it, and lighting will be drastically less useful.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:05:50 AM

says brg444  Grin

ok prove it

he lied pure and simple

Look! Price is rising!

poeple should note that brg444 is known to be a bought and paid for blockstream shithead.

And/or an asshole. I'd give him the benefit of doubt.
brg444

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:06:36 AM

when he says "give companies time to transition" he means "give companies that rely on cheep transaction,time to close up shop, becuase lighting wont be ready for years"

it feels like he knows lighting won't be ready in time, so he needs to HOLD back any blocksize increase now because he knows once we start to bump it up and the system doesn't implode we'll just keep doing it, and lighting will be drastically less useful.

bwahaha

what an idiot you are  Cheesy

did you spend all these years only looking at chart and not bothering to understand how the stuff works?

Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:07:06 AM

I don't get it. You start bitching AFTER non-core has lost?
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:11:05 AM

bwahaha

what an idiot you are  Cheesy

did you spend all these years only looking at chart and not bothering to understand how the stuff works?

Here's something for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Now, have a guess at to whom the shoe fits.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:11:54 AM

says brg444  Grin

Nah, agreeing with adam here. Technical qualifications of Todd notwithstanding (which he doesn't need to prove anymore), he comes across as pretty sleazy in that interview.

They're talking about blocksize increase, around 10 min in. I'm paraphrasing most of the below, can't find a transcript of that damn interview.

Interviewer
"So what's your thought on blocksize increase?"

Todd:
"Not a great idea. Should we hardfork whenever the network hits capacity limit? What's your long term plan? Let's accept there are scaling limits to the network. Also, segwit is rolling out very soon."

(So far, no objection, even though I don't agree with him on the "the network can't scale indefinitely" point. I believe he's wrong, but it's a coherent position to believe otherwise. But from here begins the sleazebaggery...)

Interviewer: "So, you think segwit is better than a blocksize increase in terms of scaling the network?"

Todd:
What he means: "Well, it is effectively a blocksize increase."
What he says: "Well, it is a blocksize increase"

Interviewer, clearly confused, and doesn't seem to know the landscape that well, otherwise he'd know the answer to his own question is 'no':
"Oh, okay, so it's both?"

Todd, hesitating for a split second:
"Yes"

Simply put, that's where he decided to go for transparent rhetorical tricks, rather than being honest and clear in choice of terminology. I get what he's trying to do ("Re-framing the context of the discussion: Why do we only think of blocksize increase as being tied to the 1MB constant?"), but as an engineer / scientist, that's just raw shit.
yugo23

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:12:47 AM

Who who who whaou!!!
We just broke the 420 like this like if nothing happened? Oo
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 09:14:10 AM

I don't get it. You start bitching AFTER non-core has lost?

i was bitching from day 1

but at one point i though core hinted that they would eventually bump up block limit, that + segwit , and i was sold.

i was hoping this interview would confrim that Eventually core is willing to rise block size

but he seems hell bend on finding ( or flat out making up ) problems with rising blocksize and saying that the trade off isn't worth it.

this kinda fucking pissed me off.

EVERYONE wants bigger blocks, except for these guys, and it's not because they are all knowing gods and know what's best for us. there are many poeple that understand the nitty gritty details who agree bigger blocks is safe.

Show me 1 person that isn't involved with blockstreem, saying 1mb is as far as bitcoin should ever go. the only reason core is still in power is due to first mover adv. IMO
brg444

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:18:11 AM

EVERYONE wants bigger blocks, except for these guys, and it's not because they are all knowing gods and know what's best for us. there are many poeple that understand the nitty gritty details who agree bigger blocks is safe.

step out of your bubble for a minute kiddo.

maybe start by paying us a visit over at core slack?

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 09:24:09 AM

step out of your bubble for a minute kiddo.

maybe start by paying us a visit over at core slack?

did you not see mining power vote the other month, votes for >1MB block in some form or another got to like 75%

how about that open letter with pretty much every big bitcoin biz saying " we want bigger blocks "

everyone wants to increase block size....

the fucking chinese we're ready to agree to 8MB blocks before todd went ape shit

not saying todd's reservation are completely unwarranted, i just hate that he seems unwilling to make any kind of compromise. and the you listen to this interview and he basically says " due to FUD i don't want to touch blocksize " , there FUD surrounding segwit's impl. but segwit he's willing to risk it for segwit because lighting!

the conflict of interest could not be more clear.
Pages: « 1 ... 14745 14746 14747 14748 14749 14750 14751 14752 14753 14754 14755 14756 14757 14758 14759 14760 14761 14762 14763 14764 14765 14766 14767 14768 14769 14770 14771 14772 14773 14774 14775 14776 14777 14778 14779 14780 14781 14782 14783 14784 14785 14786 14787 14788 14789 14790 14791 14792 14793 14794 [14795] 14796 14797 14798 14799 14800 14801 14802 14803 14804 14805 14806 14807 14808 14809 14810 14811 14812 14813 14814 14815 14816 14817 14818 14819 14820 14821 14822 14823 14824 14825 14826 14827 14828 14829 14830 14831 14832 14833 14834 14835 14836 14837 14838 14839 14840 14841 14842 14843 14844 14845 ... 33314 »
  Print  

Jump to: