June 30, 2024, 07:20:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15143 15144 15145 15146 15147 15148 15149 15150 15151 15152 15153 15154 15155 15156 15157 15158 15159 15160 15161 15162 15163 15164 15165 15166 15167 15168 15169 15170 15171 15172 15173 15174 15175 15176 15177 15178 15179 15180 15181 15182 15183 15184 15185 15186 15187 15188 15189 15190 15191 15192 [15193] 15194 15195 15196 15197 15198 15199 15200 15201 15202 15203 15204 15205 15206 15207 15208 15209 15210 15211 15212 15213 15214 15215 15216 15217 15218 15219 15220 15221 15222 15223 15224 15225 15226 15227 15228 15229 15230 15231 15232 15233 15234 15235 15236 15237 15238 15239 15240 15241 15242 15243 ... 33496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26409132 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Fakhoury
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:27:22 PM

Ted E. Bare

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Bear with me

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:28:21 PM

Unless your name is Ted E. Bare, you clearly do Smiley

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but you are wrong because there is only one Ted E. Bare.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10451

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:28:36 PM

Bitcoin network be like

Yeah... trolling on the bitcoin train...

The trolls are coming with... .. maybe we will see some of them on the moon, if they were smart enuff to buy a few coynz..

Cheesy Cheesy
whoreble

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:32:31 PM

Lol, so that's where your confusion lies! here:
Investing and trading are two very different methods of attempting to profit in the financial markets. The goal of investing is to gradually build wealth over an extended period of time through the buying and holding of a portfolio of stocks, baskets of stocks, mutual funds, bonds and other investment instruments.
Always glad to educate the great unwashed a fellow finance enthusiast Smiley

Ah, you're choosing one definition of a term to suit your purpose. Very clever!

So, what you're saying is - all these people who think they've been investing in BTC, they've not? Or does that only apply if they buy on an exchange, where (I think we all accept?) it's a zero-sum game? Or does it only apply to fiat currencies? This finance stuff is confusing.

What I'm telling you is this:
Those who trade BTC are not investors, per definition. One can trade 100% worthless stock and make shitloads of money. This can't be done by investing in worthless stock. If you have used Forex to invest in currencies then ya, u was doin' it wrong.
The more you know Smiley
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:36:26 PM

Lol, so that's where your confusion lies! here:
Investing and trading are two very different methods of attempting to profit in the financial markets. The goal of investing is to gradually build wealth over an extended period of time through the buying and holding of a portfolio of stocks, baskets of stocks, mutual funds, bonds and other investment instruments.
Always glad to educate the great unwashed a fellow finance enthusiast Smiley

Ah, you're choosing one definition of a term to suit your purpose. Very clever!

So, what you're saying is - all these people who think they've been investing in BTC, they've not? Or does that only apply if they buy on an exchange, where (I think we all accept?) it's a zero-sum game? Or does it only apply to fiat currencies? This finance stuff is confusing.

Those who trade BTC are not investors, per definition. One can trade 100% worthless stock and make shitloads of money. This can't be done by investing in worthless stock. If you have used Forex to invest in currencies then ya, u was doin' it wrong.
The more you know Smiley

Your various assumptions are messed up...

yes, there is a lot of speculation in bitcoin.

yes, bitcoin is very volatile...

but it surely can be an investment (though probably dangerous, unless you are really young, to put too high a percentage of your assets into bitcoin)...

Anyhow, the extent to which it is incorporated as an "investment" is gonna have various outcomes depending on various individual approaches and their application of it to their own situations.

road to morocco

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:39:19 PM

TTTTTTTTTThhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttt'ssssssssss

Rrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttt.

But, is that the whole story newbie, I mean Road to Morrroco?

No. You have made some more mistakes, and, if I remember correctly, got owned by some scamx0rs. But why rub it in?

And are we gonna return to above $1,200?

Unlikely, but why $1,200? Unless you otherwise keep your money in a mattress, index funds average what, 8% per?

What did you do in respect to bitcoin newbie?
What's your bitcoin story or other potentially quasi-relevant to this thread story (if you are capable of potential relevance?)?

I'm gonna be a gent and not tell you. You've been hurt enough.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:41:38 PM

The more you know Smiley

Well obviously, traders are traders. What I'm asking is - those people who invested in BTC - they didn't? And, while we're at it - the USD and EUR in my investment portfolio. Does that mean it's not an investment portfolio, or that I'm not allowed to have USD and EUR in it? Does it matter if the USD was acquired via an exchange, and the EUR was OTC?

(I hope it's OK to keep replying to you - I realise you hold certain unconventional beliefs about this and I may be overstepping the mark. If that condition you mentioned returns, let me know. I don't want to make it any worse.)
whoreble

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:46:13 PM

but it surely can be an investment (though probably dangerous, unless you are really young, to put too high a percentage of your assets into bitcoin)...

Technically you're right -- anything can be an investment. OTOH, when the word "investment" is used sans modifier, "not idiotic" is strongly implied.

Anyhow, the extent to which it is incorporated as an "investment" is gonna have various outcomes depending on various individual approaches and their application of it to their own situations.

Everything has "various outcomes depending on various individual approaches and their application of it to their own situations," yes.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 10:52:52 PM

WTFs going on on Bitstamp ?

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:59:51 PM

TTTTTTTTTThhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttt'ssssssssss

Rrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttt.

But, is that the whole story newbie, I mean Road to Morrroco?

No. You have made some more mistakes, and, if I remember correctly, got owned by some scamx0rs. But why rub it in?

"Why rub it in?"   because you have no intention to engage in any kind of meaningful discussion about bitcoin.

By the way, the more you attempt to apply ideas to circumstances, the more experiences you are going to have, and yes there are scammers out there... so what?  What do scammers have to do with anything in particular?  In other words, are you attempting to make any meaningful point or just to clutter the thread with some kind of nonsense stream of consciousness discussions?

And are we gonna return to above $1,200?

Unlikely, but why $1,200? Unless you otherwise keep your money in a mattress, index funds average what, 8% per?

Why $1,200 is because that is the number that you sited that I bought at.  You cannot even follow the logical train of your own assertions?

People do a variety of things with their investments, and bitcoin is not an index fund... helrow? 

So, for example, if someone (such as me) invests in a volatile asset, then he may chose to take various precautionary measures to offset volatility on the downside (and or the upside).  Some of the volatility off-sets may go well, and some may not, and there may also be some learning along the way (hopefully)... I feel pretty good about my current bitcoin situation, given my starting point, my own situation, and where we are today, amongst some other things.

What did you do in respect to bitcoin newbie?
What's your bitcoin story or other potentially quasi-relevant to this thread story (if you are capable of potential relevance?)?

I'm gonna be a gent and not tell you. You've been hurt enough.

Your "gonna be a gent" because you do not really have anything to offer.  I do not have any sensitive feelings regarding these kinds of matters.  I choose what to disclose and what not to disclose, and you sir, that is if sir is appropriate, are merely trolling to attempt to get others to respond to your bullshit, while you are not really offering anything to meaningfully advance any topic(s) related to this thread... except to attempt to frame any quasi-relevant topic in distracting terms.

USB-S

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

In XEM we trust

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:00:10 PM

Bitcoin broken? End of Bitcoin?
whoreble

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:01:31 PM

The more you know Smiley

Well obviously, traders are traders. What I'm asking is - those people who invested in BTC - they didn't?

Not sure how this is relevant, but I'll refresh your memory. Because I'm such a softy.
You invest *with* money, not *in* money.
So, at the risk of being overly explicit: Those who invested in BTC have invested in BTC. They made a mistake. They should have invested in Beanies, they would have been better off.
You, not being the intended recipient and apropos of nothing, chose to reply:
Oops. Forex trading, I've been doing it wrong.
...which, of course, was you forgetting to log into the correct account, since trading (what you did on Forex) has nothing whatsoever to do with investing.
And here we are.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:04:23 PM

holy crap. that does not look like a healthy market at all. Bear swamp going to implode spectacularly? Maybe they are finally ridding themselves of the bad actors and this was them throwing the toys out of the cot ragequitting bear swamp?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:06:07 PM

Technically you're right -- anything can be an investment. OTOH, when the word "investment" is used sans modifier, "not idiotic" is strongly implied.

An investment could be idiotic, too... that depends upon how the individual treats the asset.

Everything has "various outcomes depending on various individual approaches and their application of it to their own situations," yes.

You are not really saying anything contrary to what I am saying..... .likely because you don't really have anything to say... instead, you are wanting to get caught up on some meaningless detail/technicality in order to make some irrelevant point.     Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The trolls are getting worried about what's gonna happen when we breach $480-ish...    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

USB-S

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

In XEM we trust

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:11:40 PM

The trolls are getting worried about what's gonna happen when we breach $480-ish...    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
We have yet to hold $470. What if we never move forward and stall here for weeks!
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:12:58 PM

The trolls are getting worried about what's gonna happen when we breach $480-ish...    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
We have yet to hold $470. What if we never move forward and stall here for weeks!

DOOOOOOMMMM!!!

road to morocco

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:15:11 PM

< snip >

Until you learn to coherent, or, as a minimum, edit out all those annoying blank lines from your posts, I'm afraid you're being put on ignore.
I hope this serves as a wake-up call & you lrn from this.

On a more hopeful note, I will take you off ignore & check on your progress, periodically. Now I'm not going to tell you the exact dates I'll be doing that, so you'll never know when that's going to be.
I'm doing this for your own good -- so that you won'tt cheat and just be polite & coherent on the days I check up on you. Because that way, you'll never lrn.
And don't pretend that's not exactly what you planned on doing, I know you.
Good luck.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:20:10 PM

The more you know Smiley

Well obviously, traders are traders. What I'm asking is - those people who invested in BTC - they didn't?

Not sure how this is relevant, but I'll refresh your memory. Because I'm such a softy.
So, at the risk of being overly explicit: Those who invested in BTC have invested in BTC. They made a mistake. They should have invested in Beanies, they would have been better off.
...which, of course, was you forgetting to log into the correct account, since trading (what you did on Forex) has nothing whatsoever to do with investing.
And here we are.

Many of those people who invested in BTC believe it to be money. It's traded as one half of a currency pair (or what resembles a currency pair). If you're saying - you are saying - that money can not be invested in, then you're telling such people that they haven't done what they believe they've done.

I did indeed trade forex. I had a trading account, and I traded the local currency for many others. Usually with poor results - I'm not a trader, but at the time I hadn't realised that. But eventually I ended up with lots of USD and not too much local currency. The local currency was borrowed, at what was then stupidly low rates, so I stuck the USD in a Eurodollar account in my home country, where the interest rate was a good bit higher (less than I'd have got in the US, but more than I was paying on the loan). The USD in my investment portfolio is the interest I earned on my investment - plus the interest I've earned since.

Beyond that, we're back to your narrow definition of "invest" [1], and your belief that I can only be replying to you because I'm someone else. Mate, honestly, forums don't work the way you think. Say something at random, and 0, 1, or any number of people may reply to you. Try it!

[1] Assuming you're sticking to it:
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 11:24:34 PM

holy crap. that does not look like a healthy market at all. Bear swamp going to implode spectacularly? Maybe they are finally ridding themselves of the bad actors and this was them throwing the toys out of the cot ragequitting bear swamp?
feels like that charting service is getting bad data. from  there feed.

this isnt showing up on bitcoincharts
whoreble

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:32:54 PM

The more you know Smiley

And here we are.

Many of those people who invested in BTC believe it to be money. It's traded as one half of a currency pair (or what resembles a currency pair). If you're saying - you are saying - that money can not be invested in, then you're telling such people that they haven't done what they believe they've done.

I did indeed trade forex. I had a trading account, and I traded the local currency for many others. Usually with poor results - I'm not a trader, but at the time I hadn't realised that. But eventually I ended up with lots of USD and not too much local currency. The local currency was borrowed, at what was then stupidly low rates, so I stuck the USD in a Eurodollar account in my home country, where the interest rate was a good bit higher (less than I'd have got in the US, but more than I was paying on the loan). The USD in my investment portfolio is the interest I earned on my investment - plus the interest I've earned since.

Beyond that, we're back to your narrow definition of "invest" [1], and your belief that I can only be replying to you because I'm someone else. Mate, honestly, forums don't work the way you think. Say something at random, and 0, 1, or any number of people may reply to you. Try it!

[1] Assuming you're sticking to it:

You're a Brit, so stop with the "local currency ... in my home country" Spy vs. Spy bullshit Roll Eyes
Which is not to say you shouldn't drop the rest of the bullshit, you should. Because you would have done better with almost every actual investment option, including frickin' index funds.
TL;DR: Yes, you *were* doing it wrong. First because "with poor results - I'm not a trader," and later by thinking that money is an investment.
Sure, USD is nearly perfect money, but trust me -- an investment it is not Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 15143 15144 15145 15146 15147 15148 15149 15150 15151 15152 15153 15154 15155 15156 15157 15158 15159 15160 15161 15162 15163 15164 15165 15166 15167 15168 15169 15170 15171 15172 15173 15174 15175 15176 15177 15178 15179 15180 15181 15182 15183 15184 15185 15186 15187 15188 15189 15190 15191 15192 [15193] 15194 15195 15196 15197 15198 15199 15200 15201 15202 15203 15204 15205 15206 15207 15208 15209 15210 15211 15212 15213 15214 15215 15216 15217 15218 15219 15220 15221 15222 15223 15224 15225 15226 15227 15228 15229 15230 15231 15232 15233 15234 15235 15236 15237 15238 15239 15240 15241 15242 15243 ... 33496 »
  Print  

Jump to: