May 05, 2024, 01:39:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15318 15319 15320 15321 15322 15323 15324 15325 15326 15327 15328 15329 15330 15331 15332 15333 15334 15335 15336 15337 15338 15339 15340 15341 15342 15343 15344 15345 15346 15347 15348 15349 15350 15351 15352 15353 15354 15355 15356 15357 15358 15359 15360 15361 15362 15363 15364 15365 15366 15367 [15368] 15369 15370 15371 15372 15373 15374 15375 15376 15377 15378 15379 15380 15381 15382 15383 15384 15385 15386 15387 15388 15389 15390 15391 15392 15393 15394 15395 15396 15397 15398 15399 15400 15401 15402 15403 15404 15405 15406 15407 15408 15409 15410 15411 15412 15413 15414 15415 15416 15417 15418 ... 33323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372165 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 11:48:11 PM

Shouldn't the poll say on June 30th the price will be .. instead of on May 31st the price will be ..? We know what it was on May 31st so there's no point voting any more.

Adam's out getting champagne for the coming breakout, he'll be back shortly.

Maybe he is getting beers for us?Huh?  we could use some beers at this point, and after so much BTC pump dedication...

unless Adam is going beer strike because he still happens to be overly disgruntled on the inside, regarding alleged "THE CENSORSHIP!!!!!!!" of bitcoin talk etc, etc...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Hahahahahaha...

I couldn't resist, and I don't really mean to have too much fun at Adam's expense...   I would still like the opportunity to receive some beers...   Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:03:54 AM

Only 5 weeks to halving. The price will stay at this point below $600, but in August o September it will go up hard pushed by miners.

If you rush, you lose. Stay calm and follow the market, never fight against it and you will earn money.

Your theory is way too simplified, and miners do not control the price of bitcoin.

No one knows for sure how far and how much we are going up in this bull run.  I could reverse at any time, or it could shoot up to $3k.

I am not betting on any upward movement in the short term, but I have accumulated enough coins that I am prepared in the event that we do shoot up to $3k

You could be correct that the price reverses at this time or somewhere before $600, but if you were correct, that is pure luck, based on maybe a 50/50 chance rather than any meaningful assessment of a variety of realistic and within the realm scenarios.

I personally don't expect anything more than about upper $700's in this run up round, and we have a decent set up for such a run up, maybe greater than a 30% chance for such, based on the current set up, but at the same time, I would not be surprised if we experienced a price trend reversal at any price between the current price and the upper $700s.
BlindedByStick

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:08:35 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2016, 12:19:33 AM by BlindedByStick

You must be getting really scared lambie...
coming in here in another sock, and spreading false characterizations and falsely attempting to categorize ETH as nearly equal to BTC..   It would be laughable, if there weren't potential that some people may actually believe your spreading of baloney.

bitcoin is much more than limited in supply as your beanie baby comparison attempts to suggest... have you ever heard of  a decentralized storage of value that is both secure and immutable   - and the first ever digital currency that solved the double spend problem... without asking for permission... That is the amazingness of bitcoin in which Ethereum has not even come close to offering anything of similar value or in a way that can meaningfully compete with bitcoin.

Regarding the landlord taking bitcoin or any other attempt to spread the consumption of ETH - that is also no way near the liquidation options for bitcoin  and even the secure storage of value of bitcoin as compared with the current downside volatility risk of quasi-centralized ETH...

>You must be getting really scared
As scared as I get when I pass up buying a lotto ticket, which is to say "not at all."
You're being retarded, JJG. Stop being retarded.

>bitcoin is much more than limited in supply [...] a decentralized storage of value that is both secure and immutable
Wow. So many nights I lay awake, whispering into my tear-soaked pillow "if only there was a way to store my value in a fashion that's both decentralized and immutable!" Roll Eyes

>the first ever digital currency that solved the double spend problem... without asking for permission...
And Ford's Model T was the first commercially successful mass-produced car. Percentage of the car market currently held by Model T? Zero. Zero percent.
Because, like beetcoin, Model T's primitive, embryonic technology, failing to change with the times, is now a relic. A depressingly dull curiosity that boring old farts who can't afford real vintage cars own, God knows why they even bother. Sound familiar?

Oh, for plain old boring transportation, we got ETH better cars now Smiley

>Regarding the landlord
Stop being a lazy sperglord and read before typing, k?

Other than Elmer's landlord (purportedly) accepting BTC, I know of exactly no landlords that do.
That said, Etherium is less than 2 years old. Tell me how many landlords were accepting BTC back in 2011.

>ETH is fuel for a vehicle
No. ETH simply has features which BTC does not. Think of BTC as a Model T, and ETH as a 911 with AC. Having air conditioning might be a pussy move for a 911, but having AC makes it no less of a car, and it'll still blow your Model T into the weeds with the AC blasting. Get it?
USB-S

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

In XEM we trust

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:18:46 AM

You must be getting really scared lambie...
coming in here in another sock, and spreading false characterizations and falsely attempting to categorize ETH as nearly equal to BTC..   It would be laughable, if there weren't potential that some people may actually believe your spreading of baloney.

bitcoin is much more than limited in supply as your beanie baby comparison attempts to suggest... have you ever heard of  a decentralized storage of value that is both secure and immutable   - and the first ever digital currency that solved the double spend problem... without asking for permission... That is the amazingness of bitcoin in which Ethereum has not even come close to offering anything of similar value or in a way that can meaningfully compete with bitcoin.

Regarding the landlord taking bitcoin or any other attempt to spread the consumption of ETH - that is also no way near the liquidation options for bitcoin  and even the secure storage of value of bitcoin as compared with the current downside volatility risk of quasi-centralized ETH...

>You must be getting really scared
As scared as I get when I pass up buying a lotto ticket, which is to say "not at all."

>bitcoin is much more than limited in supply [...] a decentralized storage of value that is both secure and immutable
Wow. So many nights a lay awake, whispering into my tear-soaked pillow "if only there was a way to store my value in a fashion that's both decentralized and immutable!" Roll Eyes

>the first ever digital currency that solved the double spend problem... without asking for permission...
And Ford's Model T was the first commercially successful mass-produced car. Percentage of the car market currently held by Model T? Zero. Zero percent.
Because, like beetcoin, Model T's primitive, embryonic technology, failing to change with the times, is now a relic. A curiosity that boring old farts who can't afford real vintage cars own, God knows why they even bother. Sound familiar?

Oh, for plain old boring transportation, we got ETH better cars now Smiley

>Regarding the landlord

Other than Elmer's landlord (purportedly) accepting BTC, I know of exactly no landlords that do.
That said, Etherium is less than 2 years old. Tell me how many landlords were accepting BTC back in 2011.

No. ETH simply has features which BTC does not. Think of BTC as a Model T, and ETH as a 911 with AC. Having air conditioning might be a pussy move for a 911, but having AC makes it no less of a car, and it'll still blow your Model T into the weeds with the AC blasting. Get it?
Everyone uses square or triangle wheels nowadays.  Ford got it so wrong with Model T.
Assmaster2000

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:23:57 AM

Everyone uses square or triangle wheels nowadays.  Ford got it so wrong with Model T.

No, everyone in crypto is pretending that square wheels are the solution mankind has been looking for, and gives this as an example:

Guess what?  No one is going to repave all the roads just to suit your stupid square-wheeled wonder, no matter how "clever" it is.
Your square wheels create more problems than they solved, 4realz Sad
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:30:18 AM

>You must be getting really scared<

BlindedByStick... I mean, Lambie... first you cite me out of context, so it makes my comment appear almost incoherent.  Then you respond by blanketly denying and asserting that I am "retarded."

I suppose the job of a bank shill troll is to continue to attempt to put out content, even when the facts seem to speak against nearly your every assertion.

Surely, there is still an off chance that bear troll banker shills will be able to contribute to some kind of bitcoin price reversal, but it going to be difficult, now to bring us below $470.. not impossible, but difficult.

>bitcoin is much more than limited in supply [...] a decentralized storage of value that is both secure and immutable<

Wow. So many nights a lay awake, whispering into my tear-soaked pillow "if only there was a way to store my value in a fashion that's both decentralized and immutable!"

YEP>>>> exactly...... bitcoin happens to be a paradigm changer, and also happens to be addressing a lot of issues that you (and a lot of other folks) did not know to be issues that could be addressed by technology.  So, yeah, a lot of people still do not know or recognize the power of THE BLOCKCHAIN  (Bitcoin, that is).

>the first ever digital currency that solved the double spend problem... without asking for permission...<

And Ford's Model T was the first commercially successful mass-produced car. Percentage of the car market currently held by Model T? Zero. Zero percent. Because, like beetcoin, primitive, embryonic technology that failed to change with the times. We got ETH better cars now Smiley

First of all, you comparison is kind of like comparing apples to oranges...  Even though there are some similarities, bitcoin is quite different from the automobile...

And, really you are overrating ETH... ETH is not better than bitcoin.  Sure ETH adds value to bitcoin and brings some potential innovations that bitcoin does not have, but ETH is not very secure (except possibly to the extent that it may be able to get some security through bitcoin)... and I guess this get's back to my earlier point, bitcoin is providing a value that is not provided by ETH... the decentralization, the immutable and the permissionless.  ETH does not provide those attributes because it is quasi centralized, there is no powerful peer to peer system security the value of ETH... and therefore, it is very vulnerable to some kind of irreversible implosion...   I am not certain that such an implosion will occur with ETH, but bitcoin offers much better attack tested foundations... It could get really ugly if some entity or individuals attempt to attack ETH in ways that Bitcoin had historically been attacked.

>Regarding the landlord <

Your non-substantive response in this spot makes even less sense than your previous quasi-responses, which is not saying much.   Embarrassed Embarrassed

DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2782
Merit: 1811

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:35:37 AM

Only 5 weeks to halving. The price will stay at this point below $600, but in August o September it will go up hard pushed by miners.

If you rush, you lose. Stay calm and follow the market, never fight against it and you will earn money.

It amazes me how many still think that miners set the price for BTC. Miners have no control over the price OR supply, they can't produce less, and when some go out of business supply still doesn't get reduced. The difficulty is the element that adjusts to miners profitability (i.e. when some go out of business due to costs, hashrate drops and difficulty adjust  not supply!!!)
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:35:41 AM

or maybe the manipulators are pretending we are halving pumping . when the next president is in wh in six months i think obama manipulators should be weeded out . replace them. thats going to be one of the first things i will be thinking about .

You will already a be a millionaire in a few years just with a few bitcoins ... I have no idea what you are worried about!

well.. its been two years. i think been that long . i do have a stash of bitcoins in cold storage .. i'm not as optimistic as you guys . they could have fixed the scaling thing and yet, after a year, they still haven't .

The world needs to be in an "end game" situation to cave and give in to bitcoin. Corporations will be first to come and buy to diversify their portfolio! If they see a dying currency they will abandon that ship without a flinch! And this year is the currency crisis year! It will probably start in Turkey since EU has a bone to pick with Turkey about their integration, and they can't accept them from a strong position, they need to be bankrupt first and then accepted! Cause you can't control with money something that does not need money! But little that they know that Turkey will pull some other western banks in their grave with them!
Only the countries with rich gold deposits in their ground and in their storage will get untouched after this sh!t storm that is coming!
BlindedByStick

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:36:28 AM

first you cite me out of context, so it makes my comment appear almost incoherent.  
You are incoherent. and wordy.
Then you respond by blanketly denying and asserting that I am "retarded."
You are retarded. And annoying.
Does it really take so many words to be retarded? How is it that other retarded kids manage to be terse, Huh?
Even though there are some similarities, bitcoin is quite different from the automobile...
Yet every once in a while, you have your moments of lucidity.
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:42:14 AM

^
Also appropriate, because bitcoin is quite different from the automobile... Smiley
No, everyone in crypto is pretending that square wheels are the solution mankind has been looking for, and gives this as an example:

Guess what?  No one is going to repave all the roads just to suit your stupid square-wheeled wonder, no matter how "clever" it is.
Your square wheels create more problems than they solve, 4realz Sad
Cuntabula

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:56:10 AM

If [companies] see a dying currency they will abandon that ship without a flinch!
You mean like fiat, the currency they have to pay their taxes in?
And this year is the currency crisis year!
Isn't every year?
It will probably start in Turkey since EU has a bone to pick with Turkey about their integration, and they can't accept them from a strong position, they need to be bankrupt first and then accepted! Cause you can't control with money something that does not need money! But little that they know that Turkey will pull some other western banks in their grave with them!
You've clearly done some serious study and research here, I'd say at least a couple of sixpacks' worth.
Only the countries with rich gold deposits in their ground and in their storage will get untouched after this sh!t storm that is coming!
Because they'll eat gold? Or? Do you, at least, understand that if you had all the gold in the world, you wouldn't be the world's richest, but the world's deadest man?
savetherainforest

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 01:49:17 AM

Oh boy... I'l do this once! .. and I think I will be needing to do it again!  Grin

If [companies] see a dying currency they will abandon that ship without a flinch!
Isn't every year?
It will probably start in Turkey since EU has a bone to pick with Turkey about their integration, and they can't accept them from a strong position, they need to be bankrupt first and then accepted! Cause you can't control with money something that does not need money! But little that they know that Turkey will pull some other western banks in their grave with them!
You've clearly done some serious study and research here, I'd say at least a couple of sixpacks' worth.
Because they'll eat gold? Or? Do you, at least, understand that if you had all the gold in the world, you wouldn't be the world's richest, but the world's deadest man?

< Well if the fiat depreciates and bitcoin appreciates ... is it not relevant and profit from that opportunity? I know some that will skin a pig for $10 bucks! And bitcoin grows with time.. making those $10 bucks devalue in to abyss and lose their buying power! If you can't buy you can't control!

< Second one .... NO! ... not every year is a crisis year! They have an almost 7 year cycle! Shemitah stuff rings a bell? and this is the 49 year cycle! Making it a 7 cycle of 7 years! Also there is the 4 Blood Moons we had last year! The Jew banksters will be on their knees and in tears for centuries till they will get their confidence back! Check that stuff out.. don't die a fool! The worst sh!t happens in humanity history in those years!

< Well Russia isolated Turkey ... They have the kurds and their future Kurdistan state in the South East ... the armenians hate them... Azerbaijan is too small ... Georgia is too small ... Syria and the Middle East is in retard war mode! ( That includes Egypt / Libya and all those Africa 3rd world countries ) ... Ukraine is surrounded with very little access to the Black Sea ... Now they have no where to go! But in Europe... And from what I see there is very little progress regarding some laws to integrate Turkey! They need to cave to EU demands! Have I made myself clear?

< Well ... Look at Venezuela, and you can google this :  "Venezuela has no money to print money" !!! ... A currency that is being smashed in to abyss is a dead currency! You can't have 20 kilograms of money to buy 2 kilograms of rice... WTF? ... So NO! .. Gold will be the fast solution for many countries.. But physical demand will rise and something will break inside the system! Then by that time the majority will already have Bitcoin... and people will have business accepting Bitcoin and employees paid in Bitcoin! Buy food with Bitcoin! ... So?
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 02:21:35 AM

^
Also appropriate, because bitcoin is quite different from the automobile... Smiley

Your square wheels create more problems than they solve, 4realz Sad

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 02:23:31 AM

Oh boy... I'l do this once! .. and I think I will be needing to do it again!  Grin

Isn't every year?

< Well if the fiat depreciates and bitcoin appreciates ... is it not relevant and profit from that opportunity? I know some that will skin a pig for $10 bucks! And bitcoin grows with time.. making those $10 bucks devalue in to abyss and lose their buying power! If you can't buy you can't control!

< Second one .... NO! ... not every year is a crisis year! They have an almost 7 year cycle! Shemitah stuff rings a bell? and this is the 49 year cycle! Making it a 7 cycle of 7 years! Also there is the 4 Blood Moons we had last year! The Jew banksters will be on their knees and in tears for centuries till they will get their confidence back! Check that stuff out.. don't die a fool! The worst sh!t happens in humanity history in those years!

< Well Russia isolated Turkey ... They have the kurds and their future Kurdistan state in the South East ... the armenians hate them... Azerbaijan is too small ... Georgia is too small ... Syria and the Middle East is in retard war mode! ( That includes Egypt / Libya and all those Africa 3rd world countries ) ... Ukraine is surrounded with very little access to the Black Sea ... Now they have no where to go! But in Europe... And from what I see there is very little progress regarding some laws to integrate Turkey! They need to cave to EU demands! Have I made myself clear?

< Well ... Look at Venezuela, and you can google this :  "Venezuela has no money to print money" !!! ... A currency that is being smashed in to abyss is a dead currency! You can't have 20 kilograms of money to buy 2 kilograms of rice... WTF? ... So NO! .. Gold will be the fast solution for many countries.. But physical demand will rise and something will break inside the system! Then by that time the majority will already have Bitcoin... and people will have business accepting Bitcoin and employees paid in Bitcoin! Buy food with Bitcoin! ... So?
+1
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3427
Merit: 4344

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:26:52 AM

Crazy growth in corporate debt. All that debt is beeing used to buy back stocks  Shocked

This is not going to end up good...kaboom!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-31/crazy-growth-corporate-debt-finally-noticed-bloomberg-issues-stark-warning
Cuntabula

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:34:49 AM

Isn't every year?

So this year is Shmita?
"The last Shmita year began on Rosh Hashanah in September 2014, corresponding to the Hebrew calendar year 5775"-Wikifuckingpedia.
Tell me, my intellectual friend, what year is this?
Now what is 2014 + 7?
You're not crazy, brah, you just need to learn to count Smiley
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 02:43:23 AM

Its offical

We're going to the moon!
savetherainforest

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:44:21 AM

So this year is Shmita?
"The last Shmita year began on Rosh Hashanah in September 2014, corresponding to the Hebrew calendar year 5775"-Wikifuckingpedia.
Now what is 2014 + 7?

No ... last year was the last of the 7th Shemitah cycle of the 7th cycle ... so basically the legend goes like this ... after 7 years of growth there is an year of pain and suffering or something like that.
So basically the 8th year is the bad year .. but that is not counted because the next cycle is counted from the last ending cycle and the bad year is just there taken in to account as growth, even if it may not be.
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:49:51 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2016, 03:05:57 AM by Assmaster2000

[shit that tries to sound crazy, but comes off as retarded]
+1

Bitcoin.
I saw the best minds* of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked etc., etc.

*OK, maybe not really the best, but probably not batshit crazy degenerate gamblers either. You weren't a degenerate gambler before getting into beetcoin, were you Adam?
Cuntabula

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:55:45 AM

So this year is Shmita?
Now what is 2014 + 7?

No ... last year was the last of the 7th Shemitah cycle of the 7th cycle ... so basically the legend goes like this ... after 7 years of growth there is an year of pain and suffering or something like that.
So basically the 8th year is the bad year .. but that is not counted because the next cycle is counted from the last ending cycle and the bad year is just there taken in to account as growth, even if it may not be.

I see.
Not only do you not know how to count, you're also willing to lie your way out of what you perceive as difficult situations, correct?
Don;t do it, Friendo. I'm certain that you are good at many things ('coz God don't make no junk, amirite?), but counting and lying are not amongst those Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 15318 15319 15320 15321 15322 15323 15324 15325 15326 15327 15328 15329 15330 15331 15332 15333 15334 15335 15336 15337 15338 15339 15340 15341 15342 15343 15344 15345 15346 15347 15348 15349 15350 15351 15352 15353 15354 15355 15356 15357 15358 15359 15360 15361 15362 15363 15364 15365 15366 15367 [15368] 15369 15370 15371 15372 15373 15374 15375 15376 15377 15378 15379 15380 15381 15382 15383 15384 15385 15386 15387 15388 15389 15390 15391 15392 15393 15394 15395 15396 15397 15398 15399 15400 15401 15402 15403 15404 15405 15406 15407 15408 15409 15410 15411 15412 15413 15414 15415 15416 15417 15418 ... 33323 »
  Print  

Jump to: