May 23, 2024, 05:25:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15750 15751 15752 15753 15754 15755 15756 15757 15758 15759 15760 15761 15762 15763 15764 15765 15766 15767 15768 15769 15770 15771 15772 15773 15774 15775 15776 15777 15778 15779 15780 15781 15782 15783 15784 15785 15786 15787 15788 15789 15790 15791 15792 15793 15794 15795 15796 15797 15798 15799 [15800] 15801 15802 15803 15804 15805 15806 15807 15808 15809 15810 15811 15812 15813 15814 15815 15816 15817 15818 15819 15820 15821 15822 15823 15824 15825 15826 15827 15828 15829 15830 15831 15832 15833 15834 15835 15836 15837 15838 15839 15840 15841 15842 15843 15844 15845 15846 15847 15848 15849 15850 ... 33377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26388971 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 02:06:17 PM

investors are not going to touch these tokens without knowing some specific details about the company. ( i wouldn't...)

We all know you would Adam  Cheesy, just talking your agenda here. However not for a dollar each I presume.
LOL, ya no, i'm going to need to see some kind of report before buying.
1$ each is simply to high would they all sell for 1$ each i believe this would fully cover the 60million in customer losses, and then some.
i believe there are ~75 million of these tokens.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 02:10:39 PM

@adam,

I know this is from bitmex, but there weekly analysis is usually pretty good. This time they evaluate the finex hack.
Everyone keeps telling me to be bullish, but I'm not feeling it. I'm surprised we recovered so quickly and thought we would have dumped back to low 500's.

Regardless, enclosed is article link;

https://blog.bitmex.com/youve-been-buttfinessed/

Thoughts?
i agree, i was also expecting the market to drop, and i kinda still do, my cheep coin target is set at 520. but as always... unber bullish long term, bitfinex is but an exchange that may or may not succeed in the long run, it can only effect price for so long.
i'm going to read this later, busy as fuck today... HELL of a week...
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 02:53:15 PM

They are all inside jobs. MtGox, Mintpal, Cryptorush, Cryptsy, Bter, what am I missing? other than Bitfinex...

If we would add the numerous scamcoins/projects/ICOs/IPOs born and dead for a single reason i.e. the profit of the creators well you can think of how much money disappeared into this new economy.

So much waste.

But I'll not be naive: in the world out there it is exactly the same.
kobilica

Activity: 280
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:44:08 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/4wvtpw/warning_tether_usdt_poloniex_bitfinex_hack/.compact

Warning about bitfinex

This is also cause of price drop (minutes ago) it seems.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4505

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:44:36 PM

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Still stuck at $590. Still playing wait-and-see.

Yawn.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10307

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 04:23:24 PM

@adam,

I know this is from bitmex, but there weekly analysis is usually pretty good. This time they evaluate the finex hack.
Everyone keeps telling me to be bullish, but I'm not feeling it. I'm surprised we recovered so quickly and thought we would have dumped back to low 500's.

Thoughts?
i agree, i was also expecting the market to drop, and i kinda still do, my cheep coin target is set at 520. but as always... unber bullish long term, bitfinex is but an exchange that may or may not succeed in the long run, it can only effect price for so long.

We already experienced one flash drop to $465, and then a pretty significant recovery.

I suppose it is possible that before we go up, we are going to have to go down first, but such downward correction is not guaranteed because hovering in the $500s for more than a week may be sufficient downward opportunities to buy... "cheep coins."

unent

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 04:59:07 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/4wvtpw/warning_tether_usdt_poloniex_bitfinex_hack/.compact

Warning about bitfinex

T|hat was a tiny price drop of $10, and the price has gone back up by $10 to where it started from. Until Bitfinex opens up trading and withdrawals the price will go sideways. The trading/withdrawals is the only thing that's going to move the price.
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 06:59:16 PM

@adam,

Thoughts?

We already experienced one flash drop to $465, and then a pretty significant recovery.

I suppose it is possible that before we go up, we are going to have to go down first, but such downward correction is not guaranteed because hovering in the $500s for more than a week may be sufficient downward opportunities to buy... "cheep coins."

I still don't understand who are you working for... or what agenda you are on to unleash. But your bearish doom and gloom propaganda it ain't flying with me.

Maybe it will dip a bit before skyrocketing ... but it is sure cheap coins lower than what we have now is very unlikely! Especially in the long term!

*Edit: the incident with Fenix  that just happened just made things to be rushed 1-2 months in advance of schedule.
LogHangingConsortium

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:06:40 PM

I still don't understand who are you working for...
Could it be ...
https://i.imgur.com/4u5X9bj.gif
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 07:25:01 PM

Warning about bitfinex

Price cannot drop on a crypto tied to the price of the dollar.

Unless this was some centrally controlled crypto...oh wait.

Should've just had an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of everyone's balance.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:25:19 PM

Warning about bitfinex

When you can't redeem one USDT for one USD, how pointless can a peg possibly be? I warned before that people were likely selling under the illusion that they were exchanging BTC for USD when in fact they weren't. Now they're paying the premium...
savetherainforest

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:26:35 PM

I still don't understand who are you working for...
Could it be ...

Cheesy ...

Good one!

... But dunno... he seems to pray each night at "Fiat Gods!"
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:54:36 PM

@adam,

Thoughts?

I still don't understand who are you working for... or what agenda you are on to unleash. But your bearish doom and gloom propaganda it ain't flying with me.

Frequently your logic (or lack thereof) escapes me.

I may not post uber bullish scenarios; nonetheless, I recognize uber bullish scenarios, and I attempt to provide, opinion, factual description and logic in such a way that takes into account both upside and downside potential.   I don't proclaim to have any extra hidden insight nor agenda beyond what I periodically disclose in my posts.

You, on the other hand, seem to get so caught up in describing every situation as "up, up, up" that you either are living in a fantasy world, you are badly informed or you are merely trolling.

Maybe it will dip a bit before skyrocketing ... but it is sure cheap coins lower than what we have now is very unlikely! Especially in the long term!

Maybe you need to recognize that no matter what the price point, there are possibilities that the price could move in either direction?

Certainly, the lower the price is dumped, the more difficult it becomes to push the price lower - nonetheless, any price point has probabilities on both ends.. .and maybe you disagree with my current approximate assessment that there could be around a 30% chance that we see $520 before we see $640... and even though your language seems to be suggesting that the probability is zero%, even you would concede that there is some probability that we could see $520 before $640, and currently, it is only a matter of degree between you and me.. or anyone else for that matter who is attempting his best to make approximate predictions regarding probabilities of price movements in either direction.

*Edit: the incident with Fenix  that just happened just made things to be rushed 1-2 months in advance of schedule.

Sure, sometimes events, such as the Bitfinex "hack" could cause a price direction to happen more quickly or more severely than it otherwise would, yet there is no such thing as fate in regards to these kinds of matters, and accordingly, outside events change the trajectory forever (maybe only in minor ways, especially when we may be referring to longer time periods, but if the event is significant enough, there can be considerable changes in the short and medium term trajectory that may even shift the long term trajectory, depending upon severity of the event(s))

LogHangingConsortium

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 08:52:29 PM

[...] You think they'll allow the same p2p-funded leverage? Because that funky 3-of-2 wallet solution is how they got passing grades from CFTC & how they got "hacked." Maybe someone who cares should ask that Zane kid.
And another: Is anyone crazy enough to keep lending coin there? Fuck yeah? K, sorry, no more dumb questions.

I guess the answer to the first one is "no."

From https://www.bitfinex.com/features "Margin Trading -> https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/howitworks" -- 404, it doesn't.

"Margin Funding Market -> https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/howitworks" -- 404, it don't.

"certain features" may not be available to US users ... https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4wy0ay/bitfinex_new_disclaimer_bfx_not_available_for/ Sad
Eidheen

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 09:17:35 PM

There's no much to be said. We are in a sideway trading range looking a bit more down than up. That's it. Ordinary days.
savetherainforest

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 09:40:55 PM

I may not post uber bullish scenarios; nonetheless, I recognize uber bullish scenarios, and I attempt to provide, opinion, factual description and logic in such a way that takes into account both upside and downside potential.   I don't proclaim to have any extra hidden insight nor agenda beyond what I periodically disclose in my posts.

You, on the other hand, seem to get so caught up in describing every situation as "up, up, up" that you either are living in a fantasy world, you are badly informed or you are merely trolling.

I'l let that sink in a bit...

waiting..

waiting..

waiting...

Waiting some more...  ok.. waited enough! ... So you: "don't proclaim to have any extra hidden insight" ... Well in the context that we are facing now... And by that meaning the real world is on a verge of a major banking and everything else collapse, China floods, India floods, +other Asian countries... France floods that made wheat production fall by at least 30% from the estimates... Also South America and other South Hemisphere countries have problems because the incoming mini-ice age... if you don't know on the trading of coffee ... this is the 4th year that the real world coffee productions has suffered losses! .. on average in the last 4 years losses of 30% !!! ... And other things as well... Austria received snow and floods never seen in 100 years... Italian banks are thinking of confiscating population money, EU does not let them, Germany and Deutsche Bank seems to be screaming for some bail out money... then there comes Portugal... Spain.. UK.. even if I think Spain is almost safe. And besides that there are weird wars and political events happening... And all this nonsense will make BTCitcoin go to 2k - 3k in the next year! And maybe 10k+ after 2018+ ... So I don't understand from where is this "dump, dump, dump!" FUD from you is coming... Why are you such a wuss? Smiley ... You should be spreading the word... our lord and savior "JesusCoin"BTCitcoin will prevail... and to be honest I told all my friends to try to invest and get at least 1 coin for fun.. It can't hurt them in the long term. BTCitcoin has good "HODL" storage value in the long run!

LogHangingConsortium

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 09:42:27 PM

There's no much to be said. We are in a sideway trading range looking a bit more down than up. That's it. Ordinary days.

Curious factoid: On the sixths day of August, Little Boy exploded over Hiroshima.
August the ninth, one can assume, was an ordinary day.
A day like any other day.

P.S. The surrender of Japan was announced on August 15, which is a whole week away, and the surrender agreement was not signed until September the second, as I have just learned from Google.

So what I'm trying to say is don't worry everyone, we got nothing but time.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 09:50:41 PM

@adam,

Thoughts?

i think generally when we see market drop that low and bounce back hard, there is *usually a "second wave" of selloffs ( no matter the circumstances )

but as bitmovements points out, its kinda looks like that second wave dumped, but there was a whale catching all the coins and not letting price drop.

see the charts on my latest bitmovements.

altho, we did not see the same kind of "high volume low movement" action on coinbase or bitstamp...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 10:09:58 PM

I may not post uber bullish scenarios; nonetheless, I recognize uber bullish scenarios, and I attempt to provide, opinion, factual description and logic in such a way that takes into account both upside and downside potential.   I don't proclaim to have any extra hidden insight nor agenda beyond what I periodically disclose in my posts.

I'l let that sink in a bit...

waiting..

waiting..

waiting...

Waiting some more...  ok.. waited enough! ...

hahahaha... you are acting quite comical, and perhaps, just perhaps, you attempted to think about what I had written and what you were going to say in response...

Good job!!!!!   Shocked

So you: "don't proclaim to have any extra hidden insight" ...

That is correct.. each of us knows about various events, and we have various experiences that shape our views, and in the end, we respond based upon that.. and maybe even in the process disclose some of the reasons why and how we arrived at our conclusions.

Well in the context that we are facing now... And by that meaning the real world is on a verge of a major banking and everything else collapse, China floods, India floods, +other Asian countries... France floods that made wheat production fall by at least 30% from the estimates... Also South America and other South Hemisphere countries have problems because the incoming mini-ice age... if you don't know on the trading of coffee ... this is the 4th year that the real world coffee productions has suffered losses! .. on average in the last 4 years losses of 30% !!! ... And other things as well... Austria received snow and floods never seen in 100 years... Italian banks are thinking of confiscating population money, EU does not let them, Germany and Deutsche Bank seems to be screaming for some bail out money... then there comes Portugal... Spain.. UK.. even if I think Spain is almost safe. And besides that there are weird wars and political events happening...

Yes some of those events are more important than others, and even within the events that you describe above, their trajectories are somewhat unknown and some of them will play off one another and people will account for the events in different ways - that is if they even know about them or know details.

And all this nonsense will make BTCitcoin go to 2k - 3k in the next year!

There you go, again.. Engaging in a kind of regression back to a kind of fatalism - as if bitcoin's trajectory were inevitably up or that the outcomes of the various events that you describe are of such a nature to inevitably cause your description of bitcoin's upward price trajection.

And maybe 10k+ after 2018+

Oh?  Even you recognize that there could be a "maybe" in there somewhere?   Cheesy Cheesy

... So I don't understand from where is this "dump, dump, dump!" FUD from you is coming...

Did I say anything about "dump, dump, dump"?  I mentioned possibilities of downward price action.

Anyhow, it may be worth it to repeat that I generally sell as the price goes up and buy as the price goes down.  I might preemptively strike in one direction or another if I have a pretty high level of confidence that the price is going to be adjusting by at least 10% in one direction or another - but those kinds of preemptive strikes are pretty rare for me, and tend to make me nervous too.

The last time that I employed a preemptive strike was last week, upon hearing about the Bitfinex situation.  I sold about 3% of my total BTC stash at $583.50 and then bought back at about $508.  I was attempting to buy back during the flash crash to $465, and by the time that I caught up with the matter, the price was in the $488 territory, and since I could not get my transactions to go through, I ended up buying back at about $508.

Why are you such a wuss? Smiley ...

That is a relative perspective regarding "wuss", and it really does not mean anything.... I believe that I have  a pretty significant investment into bitcoin, and I tend to accumulate and HODL, even when quite a few other folks seem to be selling.

You should be spreading the word... our lord and savior "JesusCoin"BTCitcoin will prevail...

I am not really an evangelist of anything, but I do tend to tell people about bitcoin to the extent that they seem interested in the concept and receptive in receiving information from me.

and to be honest

Well, I am glad that you are attempting to be "honest"

I told all my friends to try to invest and get at least 1 coin for fun.. It can't hurt them in the long term. BTCitcoin has good "HODL" storage value in the long run!

Yeah.  1 coin should be a decent investment for anyone who might not have a large budget, but they want to get some stake in the game.

Now if you could just get another 20,999,999 friends and convince them to buy at least 1 bitcoin, on or before 2140, we may end up experiencing a bitcoin shortage, which would be a "good thing," correct?  Wink

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 10:17:35 PM

@adam,

Thoughts?

i think generally when we see market drop that low and bounce back hard, there is *usually a "second wave" of selloffs ( no matter the circumstances )

but as bitmovements points out, its kinda looks like that second wave dumped, but there was a whale catching all the coins and not letting price drop.

see the charts on my latest bitmovements.

altho, we did not see the same kind of "high volume low movement" action on coinbase or bitstamp...

I understand and recognize that in about the past year or so, a lot of folks had been gravitating towards Bitfinex as a leading indicator of price direction and moving away from Stamp...   So now, Itbit is in the price setting scene?  

I understand that price can be set in a variety of ways and through a variety of exchanges, but I really have difficulties considering how Itbit could come on the price setting scene so quickly when a lot of places don't even list their volume, so if you have to go out of your way to figure out information about them, then how could it be that they are influential in driving price direction?

Pages: « 1 ... 15750 15751 15752 15753 15754 15755 15756 15757 15758 15759 15760 15761 15762 15763 15764 15765 15766 15767 15768 15769 15770 15771 15772 15773 15774 15775 15776 15777 15778 15779 15780 15781 15782 15783 15784 15785 15786 15787 15788 15789 15790 15791 15792 15793 15794 15795 15796 15797 15798 15799 [15800] 15801 15802 15803 15804 15805 15806 15807 15808 15809 15810 15811 15812 15813 15814 15815 15816 15817 15818 15819 15820 15821 15822 15823 15824 15825 15826 15827 15828 15829 15830 15831 15832 15833 15834 15835 15836 15837 15838 15839 15840 15841 15842 15843 15844 15845 15846 15847 15848 15849 15850 ... 33377 »
  Print  

Jump to: