April 30, 2024, 11:01:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 17900 17901 17902 17903 17904 17905 17906 17907 17908 17909 17910 17911 17912 17913 17914 17915 17916 17917 17918 17919 17920 17921 17922 17923 17924 17925 17926 17927 17928 17929 17930 17931 17932 17933 17934 17935 17936 17937 17938 17939 17940 17941 17942 17943 17944 17945 17946 17947 17948 17949 [17950] 17951 17952 17953 17954 17955 17956 17957 17958 17959 17960 17961 17962 17963 17964 17965 17966 17967 17968 17969 17970 17971 17972 17973 17974 17975 17976 17977 17978 17979 17980 17981 17982 17983 17984 17985 17986 17987 17988 17989 17990 17991 17992 17993 17994 17995 17996 17997 17998 17999 18000 ... 33309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26369941 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:02:27 AM

just waiting for you to read through to the many posts today where we trash your meh coin for the deceit lies viruses and tomfoolery that it showed today
https://i.imgur.com/vYqijia.jpg
oh and we forgot to mention how the fraudster Craig Wright is now firmly associated with bitcoin trash.
and that Peter R still doesn't understand that causation does not equal correlation or just about anything really

Hard for me to understand how a coin (i.e., an inanimate thing) might be capable of lying. Perhaps you could restate your point in other terms that are not non-sequiturs?

grow up and face the music. sure it's not Shakespeare to conflate a coin with its supporters. you're a coward feigning ignorance and you support liars, thieves, fraudsters and so on and so forth.

I see you're out of arguments, and on to simple insults. Fine. Fuck you and the chicken you rode in on.

Happy?

why let Roger etc spout these lies?

Maybe you can enumerate one or two of the so-called 'lies', and we can discuss those. But frankly, I'm not sure of what you are speaking. Even if I did, it is not my responsibility to shield your oh-so-sensitive ears from the utterances of others. (speaking of 'grow up'...)

why allow a virus in his shop?

'Allow'? I don't have any power over what someone does with their own sites. Virus? Says who? Sure it ain't a false positive? Further, WTF are you concerned about Roger's (Im guessing that's whom of which you speak) shop? If you distrust him so much, why would you buy from his shop in the first place? Makes no sense to a rational person.

why side with fake satoshi?

I'm guessing you're speaking of CSW? I'm not 'siding' with him. We just happen to both believe that BCH is the rightful heir of the Satoshi throne. He might like Bombay Sapphire too. If so, it would just be one more irrelevancy that we both enjoy a fine martini.

Incidentally, the irony of the fact that your earlier post both accused CSW of fraud, while also castigating another for (allegedly) confusing correlation with causation, is just too delicious.

Measuring maximum sustained transaction throughput1 on a global network of Bitcoin nodes
PRESENTER(s):
Peter Rizun, Andrea Suisani, Andrew Stone (Bitcoin Unlimited)
https://scalingbitcoin.org/event/stanford2017#schedule

I'm not sure what you are getting at here. Do you have a cogent rebuttal to the paper? Or perhaps you think some factual information should be suppressed?

Long story short - if your ox is getting gored, it ain't me doing it.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10192

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:07:12 AM

So, one of my problems, currently with my Bitfinex holdings relates to my Ethereum Classic holdings and my Monero holdings. I don't have any other wallet or exchange or location in which I can hold such coins. For the purpose of just managing those two coins, I am thinking about opening either a Poloniex account or a Kraken account.. In that regard, I am thinking that I have to have a means to liquidate them quickly and easily, if I so choose.. .  

Poloniex is OK, but there is no option to withdraw or deposit fiat via wire transfers, AFAIK. (Only USDT, tether) Furthermore, they have margin lending. XMR is one of the coins you can lend. But not ETC.
     I have little experience with Kraken, but the word from the grapevine is that their interface can be particular slow/unresponsive at times: more so than other exchanges.
     Bittrex is OK too, but AFAIK, I think they also do no have wire transfer options. Plus, there is some controversy as of late because there was a major dump on most of their alts in a short time; and they are doing a "security audit" that has locked quite a few people's accounts. Furthermore, if you have a dynamic IP, it may be a bit of a hassle to log in.

I never used fiat deposit/withdrawal with bitfinex, either, so I will be o.k. as long as I can deposit and withdraw the target alt and the likely BTC pairing.

Poloniex is OK,

Poloniex is not OK. Their support is virtually non-existent - there are folks waiting on tickets for 3, 4, 6 months. Getting verified is the same. I'm reducing my exposure to that place every day.

Yes, of course, losing coins or having other significant support non-responsiveness issues could cause a considerable degree of frustration and maybe even loss of money (at least opportunity costs, in the case of dealing with money)....

So, if you are so down and out about Poloniex and you are lessening your exposure, where would you go, instead, to trade Monero and/or ETC?
WhatsBitcoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:14:05 AM

if your ox is getting gored, it ain't me doing it.

$6100 incoming! TONIGHT!
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:18:29 AM

Yes, of course, losing coins or having other significant support non-responsiveness issues could cause a considerable degree of frustration and maybe even loss of money (at least opportunity costs, in the case of dealing with money)....

So, if you are so down and out about Poloniex and you are lessening your exposure, where would you go, instead, to trade Monero and/or ETC?

I'm moving my trading over to Bittrex. They verify accounts quickly, and you get a generous withdrawal limit there based on BTC (Polo's limits are based on USD which increasingly sucks - it's only $2K for a basic account).
elrippos friend

Activity: 1179
Merit: 210

only hodl what you understand and love!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:53:25 AM

Where are we at December 18'th 2017  Grin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:12:22 AM

I'm moving my trading over to Bittrex. They verify accounts quickly, and you get a generous withdrawal limit there based on BTC (Polo's limits are based on USD which increasingly sucks - it's only $2K for a basic account).

O.k.... I am going to look into Bittrex, and it does look like they have a lot of trading pairs, too... so it may be suitable for me, at least in the short term and figure out whether it becomes a comfortable place for a longer duration.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:13:49 AM

Does anyone have a better suggestion with either ETC or Monero, or better exchanges? or perhaps some wallet that supports both ETC and Monero - however, no matter, even if I put these coins in a wallet, I am going to find at least one comfortable exchange that I am going to need to establish an account.

I have both the ledger nano s and the trezor and neither of those wallets support either ETC or Monero.

I have most of my ETC stored on Ledger Nano S. No problems there. Trezor does probably support it too, but never tried so I am not so sure on that.

No luck for Monero, but Kraken, Polo, Bittrex, etc support it. I prefer Kraken... as long as you don't plan to do real time trading as their engine is slow as fuck.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:00:13 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2019, 05:51:36 AM by realr0ach

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:25:42 AM

Does anyone have a better suggestion with either ETC or Monero, or better exchanges? or perhaps some wallet that supports both ETC and Monero - however, no matter, even if I put these coins in a wallet, I am going to find at least one comfortable exchange that I am going to need to establish an account.

I have both the ledger nano s and the trezor and neither of those wallets support either ETC or Monero.

I have most of my ETC stored on Ledger Nano S. No problems there. Trezor does probably support it too, but never tried so I am not so sure on that.

No luck for Monero, but Kraken, Polo, Bittrex, etc support it. I prefer Kraken... as long as you don't plan to do real time trading as their engine is slow as fuck.

Probably good to know that the ledger nano s also supports ETC... I did go back and I saw the reference.  I consider my quantity to be fairly small, and I believe that I need to establish at least one exchange to be able to trade, if needed... I am looking at Bittrex right now.. and trying to submit verification documents... and waiting for them to go through... dont seem to be going through, at this time..  I submitted a support ticket...  let's see.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:29:03 AM

The Nano S does support ETC. https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/6cw1ig/ledger_wallet_etc/

The Ledger Nano S has a Monero wallet currently under development. https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/75w4s4/ledger_hardware_wallet_monero_integration_some/

YOU NEED TO STOP STORING CRYPTO ON EXCHANGES.

How can someone who is as enthusiastic about cryptocurrencies not understand that one of the fundamentally key beauties to cryptocurrency is the ability to take responsibility for managing your own wealth without significant exposure to counter parties?

Ah well... you a thirsty horse, and you are standing on the banks of the Nile...
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:13:52 AM

The Nano S does support ETC. https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/6cw1ig/ledger_wallet_etc/

The Ledger Nano S has a Monero wallet currently under development. https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/75w4s4/ledger_hardware_wallet_monero_integration_some/

How can someone who is as enthusiastic about cryptocurrencies not understand that one of the fundamentally key beauties to cryptocurrency is the ability to take responsibility for managing your own wealth without significant exposure to counter parties?

Ah well... you a thirsty horse, and you are standing on the banks of the Nile...

After Bittrex last move this is the best advice to give to anybody here. You read it on the forum since Mt.Gox: why do we want to use exchanges to store our keys when those keys are our ONLY right towards our coins? Still amazes me!

On a side note, thanks for pointing out those Ledger Nano S/Monero developments. If that happens I am happy guy!
niners

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 06:23:26 AM

Anyone here watch Jordan Peterson?

I do, Why do you ask?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:36:52 AM

Look at you patronizing without really much information except your own judgement.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes   

Thanks for the links regarding ETC on the ledger nano s, and Monero in development for such device.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:41:27 AM

After Bittrex last move this is the best advice to give to anybody here. You read it on the forum since Mt.Gox: why do we want to use exchanges to store our keys when those keys are our ONLY right towards our coins? Still amazes me!

On a side note, thanks for pointing out those Ledger Nano S/Monero developments. If that happens I am happy guy!

First, what is Bitrex's last move?  second, nobody asked for advice about whether to store on exchanges, but asked about which exchanges are better (and which wallets)  3) again, you do not seem to know shit about my particular diversification or finances or risk profile and probably nothing except possibly you read a few of my posts and assume that you know me and assume that I am overexposed because I have a few alts on an exchange and I want to keep them available and likely on an exchange to be able to liquidate pronto, if I feel necessary  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:43:22 AM

Personally I feel far more secure with my Trezor rather than any other way of storing my btc. I don't have a ledger nano but I have also heard good things.

I don't believe one is better than the other (security wise)

I did a lot of research before buying my Trezor. I did not own a Trezor during the last fork so I haven't split my coins on it before so I am hoping it's fairly straight forward.

Again I have seen some YouTube vids on how to split with a Trezor (when BCH fork happened) and once they support the split it looks very easy. Easier than a multitude of paper wallets and transferring coins to new addresses and inputting priv keys into software wallets to claim split coins using a middle man like blockchain.info. That was a ball ache.

rjclarke2000
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:45:24 AM

Also who is selling coins now before the 2 forks? What's going on here then?

Fucking whales
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:45:32 AM

Look at you patronizing without really much information except your own judgement.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes   

Thanks for the links regarding ETC on the ledger nano s, and Monero in development for such device.
  You're welcome.  Patronizing? lol.  Whatever. 

You said you store your coins on an exchange for the most part.

This has shown over and over to be dangerous and foolish.

And frankly, it is missing the point.

What was your point?  To lecture?  If I have a ledger nano s and a trezor, then seems like I would have a sufficient quantity of coins there, too, no?  Maybe I have some coins and other value on exchanges for trading?  How is a guy going to trade coins if he does not put some coins (and/or value) on exchanges...   You have no idea regarding my exposure and you are assuming and giving unsolicited advice.. was that your point? 

If your point was to share information about possible places to keep coins, then that was helpful.. but going on an unsolicited lecture still seems quite presumptuous to me and you do seem to be assuming facts that are not in evidence.  no?   Tongue
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:07:28 AM

Fucking whales

The major accumulator players are trying to be unpredictable. If their moves are predictable, they'll get others front running their buys... so they have to let it breathe downwards, so that longs don't get comfortable. On the other hand, the accumulators can crush the shorts anytime they click the buy button. But they do need shorts as well in order to provide coins to buy. They let both longs and shorts win a few times and then baaaam, it comes out of nowhere and prices are +500/1000.... lol...
rjclarke2000
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:10:05 AM

Fucking whales

The major accumulator players are trying to be unpredictable. If their moves are predictable, they'll get others front running their buys... so they have to let it breathe downwards, so that longs don't get comfortable. On the other hand, the accumulators can crush the shorts anytime they click the buy button. But they do need shorts as well in order to provide coins to buy. They let both longs and shorts win a few times and then baaaam, it comes out of nowhere and prices are +500/1000.... lol...

Well this makes sense. I don't trade so never look into all this.
Nam3

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:16:22 AM

Fucking whales

Guess we'll never know for sure. It's fucking unpredictable. People were waiting for 6K blast, and here we are  Cry And yea, it's all fucking happening before the 2X shit, if this would have occured after 2X, things would have make more sense. Well, who am I to decide in which direction the market goes, let's sit tight and see where we go from here.
Pages: « 1 ... 17900 17901 17902 17903 17904 17905 17906 17907 17908 17909 17910 17911 17912 17913 17914 17915 17916 17917 17918 17919 17920 17921 17922 17923 17924 17925 17926 17927 17928 17929 17930 17931 17932 17933 17934 17935 17936 17937 17938 17939 17940 17941 17942 17943 17944 17945 17946 17947 17948 17949 [17950] 17951 17952 17953 17954 17955 17956 17957 17958 17959 17960 17961 17962 17963 17964 17965 17966 17967 17968 17969 17970 17971 17972 17973 17974 17975 17976 17977 17978 17979 17980 17981 17982 17983 17984 17985 17986 17987 17988 17989 17990 17991 17992 17993 17994 17995 17996 17997 17998 17999 18000 ... 33309 »
  Print  

Jump to: