May 06, 2024, 03:32:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 18029 18030 18031 18032 18033 18034 18035 18036 18037 18038 18039 18040 18041 18042 18043 18044 18045 18046 18047 18048 18049 18050 18051 18052 18053 18054 18055 18056 18057 18058 18059 18060 18061 18062 18063 18064 18065 18066 18067 18068 18069 18070 18071 18072 18073 18074 18075 18076 18077 18078 [18079] 18080 18081 18082 18083 18084 18085 18086 18087 18088 18089 18090 18091 18092 18093 18094 18095 18096 18097 18098 18099 18100 18101 18102 18103 18104 18105 18106 18107 18108 18109 18110 18111 18112 18113 18114 18115 18116 18117 18118 18119 18120 18121 18122 18123 18124 18125 18126 18127 18128 18129 ... 33326 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372674 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:55:47 PM

Trouble is if your account is hacked you need to come back as a newbie. I am one of many even though i could prove ownership of my original account through bitcoin signing the admins didn’t even rrspond once to my many inquiries.

That is troubling. Had you previously registered a Bitcoin addy with your profile, from which you could sign a statement? And if so, did the mods just ignore ?

Yep. Not a peep from Theymos or Cyrus.
This was the link I sent to them
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg21177226#msg21177226
And the message I sent them was signed with the same BTC address.
Go figure?

welcome to the club.. i´m another ignored hacked account, ex-hero member

ditto.

hacked legendary - edgar account

verified and ignored by both theymos & cyrus.

twice.

the hacker/new owner wants paying upfront to return it but i cant risk losing more money over a pretty much pointless account.

What are they asking?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1853
Merit: 2841

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:03:18 PM

Clearly Jihan Wu, Rojer Ver (and friends) are combining their efforts to bring bitcoin down and pump BCH. They use any gap on the bitfinex bids to hammer the price by spending thousands of bitcoins. I am afraid that the 'free money' from the fork will come with severe attacks from this gang of morons. They will use the time of uncertainty to hammer bitcoin as hard as possible, with the hope to force the users to accept 2X as bitcoin.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:05:28 PM

So is the general consensus that everyone's going to dump their s2x coins asap?
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:25:42 PM

I don't know about "general consensus"

To get at my keys I'd have to travel to Antarctica, dig down through 40M of ice, disarm the traps (non trivial undertaking even knowing how they are set up) cut open the welded shut vault and then defrost the Pentium 3 inside.

Just too much trouble.
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:31:25 PM

As I see it now, I will have to dump both, just in case Embarrassed
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:44:30 PM

Yeah, when Satoshi designed Bitcoin he was definitely thinking "It should be slow, flaky, >95% mining centralized, hashrate all over the place, blocks that take hours, no merchant support, no broker support, cannot be purchased directly, >50% of all trading on one shady Korean exchange, etc. etc."

I doubt Satoshi was thinking that. Yes, I realize you were /s-ing. However, that which you list cannot properly be ascribed to BCH.

There are literally shit altcoins that are way better in function than BCH.

You speak with such authority. Yet you seem to have a different impression than others I know. Serious question: how much actual experience do you have with BCH? Is your voluminous experience recent? Is it possible thou doth not knoweth that of which thou speaketh?

for years I had heard the rumors of certain Legendary users being approached by other anonymous users with offers to sell their accounts to them. And even rumors that some had taken them up on it.

Well... it's now happened to me too. "Name your price", he said. I find it all amusing. Just know that I am a person of integrity and would never do something like that, no matter what the offer was. Anyone who wants to buy your account intends to impersonate you and do bad things with it.  No thanks.

Good on ya, mate. We've had our disagreements, but I never have had cause to question your principles.

ooooh, my bad, yeah 52,560GB

still, I'm not at all sure what my connectivity provider is going to say about 6GB/hour

Whatevs, it'll be less of a problem tomorrow than it was yesterday.

Nevermind the fact that each addtional 264 bytes is another actual usage of Bitcoin.

and god forbid you get a corrupted sync and have to redownload, takes me like 3 days now

My gawd man - have you never heard of backups?

No.

I prefer BCH to S2X. And I prefer S2X to S1X. But quite frankly, I don't know how the forkathon will conclude. While I believe in BCH's long term prospects, it may be a bumpy ride. Then again, its the only one of the three that can make it through a sudden hashrate drop.

And Bitcoin Gold/GPU can fuck right off.

As I see it now, I will have to dump both, just in case

And miss out on the victor skyrocketing?

Oh well, it's your money, man.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:52:43 PM

I just saw that the house I sold last year for $260k is now on the market for $325k.     Cry

That guy sure did invest wisely.

All I got out of it was a couple hundred BTC at $650 each.
If you sold your house for a couple hundred BTC, you surely made a better deal than the actual owner reselling it for 325k.

But I can't understand how you made only a couple hundred if you sold for 260k when btc was at 650$... you should have made double...

Maybe he had a mortgage to clear?

Yep. Fortunately I had a lot of equity.

It was obviously a damn good move; fortune favours the brave.  

Sure sometimes taking risks like these can pay off... but they could also go very badly, too.

So yeah, I recall that he did this major purchase of BTC right around the time of a subsequent crash (might have been the bitfinex matter?), but there was a bit of uncertainty for a while and even thought that he may have risked too much..

But sure, even with the Bitfinex matter, there still did remain considerable bullishness in the air that subsequently played out.. so in that regards good move.

As Elwar also states, he subsequently cashed out about half of his acquired BTC stash for some kind of annuity.. which might have been a bit too conservative.. so yeah, he seemed to have moved from some action that was a bit too risky and then into one that was a bit too conservative - yet it still could be the case that half of a stash is good enough, especially if we get some more decent bullish performance....   And, yeah nothing is really guaranteed in bitcoin, and it is surely possible that this could be the top.. but I am thinking that even if we get a bit of a correction now, that we are going to have at least one more pump before the mid-November fork.. then from there we have to see how the fork plays out... In spite of seemingly credible disruption threats, I am lacking a certain amount of confidence that the small renegaders are really going to be able to garner over much network to their side and to kill the golden goose, as they seem to want to do (or at least making such an appearance).. so anyhow, I am thinking that there are decent chances that this whole nutjob forkening matter will resolve in favor of the real bitcoin.. which is our current legacy chain that is currently composed of 1x and segwit.. .as our consensus mechanisms that will go on to conquer the day... which will be bullish.. but it could take a bit of time (a few days and perhaps in a worse case scenario several weeks) to be clear about that being the outcome. 

A very very worse case scenario would be that 2x garners network support and becomes the new bitcoin, but in spite of a bunch of threatening propaganda, it remains my view (at least as I type) that that outcome seems less than 5% of being what happens post forkening (that is even if the fork happens, which seems decently likely - currently in about the 85% plus territory that the proposed segwit2x fork will actually happen).
FractalUniverse

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:56:04 PM

And miss out on the victor skyrocketing?

Oh well, it's your money, man.
What if none of them is victor? it may be some altcoin as well, at least temporarily.

I will still support BTC, but i don't see it rallying right after the fork. it may take very long time to get to new ATH after that, so there should be enough time for re-entry.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:56:52 PM

I see you bumbling imbeciles haff not yet completed vave 5.

tick, tock,...

What the fuck?HuhHuh   NOW I am getting ANGRY!!!! - (a little dramatic effect should not hurt, here)...

You mean that after all of this discussion of "wave 5", we have not even arrived at it yet?Huh

Angry Angry Angry

I am really ANGRY, if you cannot tell...

And it is not a "gay" type of mad, either.   Angry Angry
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:58:48 PM

After wave 5 does it cruise along sideways nicely? I'm hoping that's what happens.
FractalUniverse

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:08:26 PM

Elliott died 60 years before bitcoin arrived.,
his wave principles dont fit for cryptos.
Bitcoin has its own waves. Wave 5 finished? so what.
Lets proceed to another rally wave 6 closely followed by 7  Grin
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:11:50 PM

A very very worse case scenario would be that 2x garners network support and becomes the new bitcoin

Certainly, I personally believe there is a very good chance that BCH becomes the victor of the enforkenating. I assume you merely cast this off as implausible?

But really, if S2X emerges the victor, is that really a 'worst case' for you Core acolytes? Seems to me that there ain't more than a RCH difference between S1X and S2X. Sure, a handful of overly-entitled neckbeards either whiny-ragequit or have their bluffs exposed. Other than that, what?

Again only tangentially related: the arcane mechanism by which 'US GDP growth rate' is calculated.
But first! Be prepared to be stunned and amazed!
http://netrightdaily.com/2017/11/average-annual-gdp-growth-not-think/
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:32:47 PM

TORQUE!!!

<bro fist> Sorry, was away for awhile tending to some things.  Smiley

Btw this is unrelated to my going dark, but for years I had heard the rumors of certain Legendary users being approached by other anonymous users with offers to sell their accounts to them. And even rumors that some had taken them up on it.

Well... it's now happened to me too. "Name your price", he said. I find it all amusing. Just know that I am a person of integrity and would never do something like that, no matter what the offer was. Anyone who wants to buy your account intends to impersonate you and do bad things with it.  No thanks.
How much do accounts like ours go for, anyway? Surely he has a max price in mind.

You can go here to find out how much your account is worth. https://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/
Just checked mine. Mine is worth 0.19880000 BTC.  Shocked NOT FOR SALE! Grin
@Torque They probably want your legendary account to either scam people, launch a shitcoin, or get paid a premium with signature campaigns.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:38:16 PM

But really, if S2X emerges the victor, is that really a 'worst case' for you Core acolytes? Seems to me that there ain't more than a RCH difference between S1X and S2X. Sure, a handful of overly-entitled neckbeards either whiny-ragequit or have their bluffs exposed. Other than that, what?

You are missing the point. If a bunch of people can meet and redefine what Bitcoin is, then that's the major problem right there - because at that point it has been proven that Bitcoin can be controlled or co-opted.

Why would anyone need a coin which is controlled by a group of guys who meet behind closed doors and take decisions for its future? We have FED and ECB currency for this.

Bitcoin has big inertia in order to change its rules, and that is ok because the alternative goes against the decentralization which Bitcoin stands for.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:55:12 PM

To get at my keys I'd have to travel to Antarctica, dig down through 40M of ice, disarm the traps (non trivial undertaking even knowing how they are set up) cut open the welded shut vault and then defrost the Pentium 3 inside.

pffft ... and you call that security?

To get my keys I'd have to travel to Kilimanjaro, hike up to a cave guarded by Chaga clan's finest warriors where the climax of a violent ritual releases the participant into the inner caves and there a map and keys to a secret location on a remote Pacific atoll housing a base for an ultra-deep submarine, guarded by native Melanesian ninjas, from where the submarine is used to dive to the greatest depths achievable in the Mariana trench where the seed phrase etched onto a titanium plaque is only readable by a special microscope.
LewisPirenne

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:12:16 AM

Even if the miners are angry with the Core team, it is still more rational for them to mine the most profitable chain and then sell the coins for whichever coins they prefer (like BCH).  If miners are willing to mine a coin with huge losses for weeks on end to prove their point, then it goes against White Paper's premise of being rational, profit maxmizing, playing nice, and would be treated as an attack.  It would imply that there is a risk of other side using the nuke (e.g. POW change) and users exit on masses to another chain, leaving miners with their obsolete equipment and worthless coins.  Naturally that would be a lose-lose situation.  When people advocates using nukes, don't forget that other people have nukes too and could have even more nukes than one had imagined.  

Now just being contrarian, what if the price of bitcoin actually went UP, instead of down, even if hashrate switch to another chain en masse?  Then it would just prove the point of critics that bitcoin is not used for payment, but rather as a storage of wealth and tool for speculation?  Thus those thinking that increase the payment utility would increase the value of network, even at risk of more centralization, are just deluding themselves?  

As for the previous discussion on why it's irrational to spend highly deflationary currency such as Bitcoin. it is more of "so now we are aware of inherent limitation posed by the design, and there are trade-offs if we want to change that design, so what can we do to encourage its original purpose, i.e. spending and utility as a payment network?"  Early adopters are highly altruistic and ideological, but game theoretics do require the system to work based on the masses acting rational and self-interested, not on just a few people being altruistic, whether miners or users.  

jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:29:43 AM

You are missing the point. If a bunch of people can meet and redefine what Bitcoin is, then that's the major problem right there - because at that point it has been proven that Bitcoin can be controlled or co-opted.

Disagree. In my understanding of Bitcoin, the economic majority decides which is the One True Bitcoin.

You don't even need 'a bunch of people'. Anyone -- collectively or individually -- can code up alternate protocol rules and offer it to the community. But the One True Bitcoin is only the one that that the economic majority adopts. We all redefine it together. By definition.

... forget about bear, he is beyond reason. Sucking corporate dick while taking it up the ass from chinese miners has caused him to lose sight of anything bitcoin was meant to be about.

You have a point to make, or has your intellectual capacity left you bereft of anything to say other than playground insults?

I mean, if you had some evidence to support your fellative and sodomative claims, that would be one thing. But you don't, do you?
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:46:15 AM

I see you bumbling imbeciles haff not yet completed vave 5.

tick, tock,...

What the fuck?HuhHuh   NOW I am getting ANGRY!!!! - (a little dramatic effect should not hurt, here)...

You mean that after all of this discussion of "wave 5", we have not even arrived at it yet?Huh

Angry Angry Angry

I am really ANGRY, if you cannot tell...

And it is not a "gay" type of mad, either.   Angry Angry

$7500 choo choo

Cool

wee!
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:02:50 AM

... forget about bear, he is beyond reason. Sucking corporate dick while taking it up the ass from chinese miners has caused him to lose sight of anything bitcoin was meant to be about.

You have a point to make, or has your intellectual capacity left you bereft of anything to say other than playground insults?

I mean, if you had some evidence to support your fellative and sodomative claims, that would be one thing. But you don't, do you?

Your ridiculously contrived intellectualism that drips from every empty post of yours is all the evidence needed.

You are dick deep in this hoping for a reach around from Jihan. It's is as simple as hard fork now or later. After all the power-plays, shit-slinging, slander and defamation from your camp of whiners all you have left is faux reason. 20 Mb now!, became 8Mb now!, became 2Mb now!, became SegWit will destroy us!, became sack the core devs now! became BCH now! ... it's totally pathetic and beyond any reasonable or technical discussion. The infants didn't get their way, got their bottoms smacked and now want to pretend to play nice again. Fuck off you imbeciles and let the adults get to work already.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:14:40 AM

Your ridiculously contrived intellectualism that drips from every empty post of yours is all the evidence needed.

You are dick deep in this hoping for a reach around from Jihan. It's is as simple as hard fork now or later. After all the power-plays, shit-slinging, slander and defamation from your camp of whiners all you have left is faux reason. 20 Mb now!, became 8Mb now!, became 2Mb now!, became SegWit will destroy us!, became sack the core devs now! became BCH now! ... it's totally pathetic and beyond any reasonable or technical discussion. The infants didn't get their way, got their bottoms smacked and now want to pretend to play nice again. Fuck off you imbeciles and let the adults get to work already.

bear #rekt by MoA
Pages: « 1 ... 18029 18030 18031 18032 18033 18034 18035 18036 18037 18038 18039 18040 18041 18042 18043 18044 18045 18046 18047 18048 18049 18050 18051 18052 18053 18054 18055 18056 18057 18058 18059 18060 18061 18062 18063 18064 18065 18066 18067 18068 18069 18070 18071 18072 18073 18074 18075 18076 18077 18078 [18079] 18080 18081 18082 18083 18084 18085 18086 18087 18088 18089 18090 18091 18092 18093 18094 18095 18096 18097 18098 18099 18100 18101 18102 18103 18104 18105 18106 18107 18108 18109 18110 18111 18112 18113 18114 18115 18116 18117 18118 18119 18120 18121 18122 18123 18124 18125 18126 18127 18128 18129 ... 33326 »
  Print  

Jump to: