May 11, 2024, 05:38:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 3747 3748 3749 3750 3751 3752 3753 3754 3755 3756 3757 3758 3759 3760 3761 3762 3763 3764 3765 3766 3767 3768 3769 3770 3771 3772 3773 3774 3775 3776 3777 3778 3779 3780 3781 3782 3783 3784 3785 3786 3787 3788 3789 3790 3791 3792 3793 3794 3795 3796 [3797] 3798 3799 3800 3801 3802 3803 3804 3805 3806 3807 3808 3809 3810 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 3823 3824 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 ... 33342 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381877 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:38:33 PM

the bearishness can you feel it?  Cheesy

I can feel it, yes.

I almost sold in panic at the recent bottom. Might be a sign the bottom is in, but the panic was still manageable, so maybe we have some ways to go yet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KFR

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Per ardua ad luna

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:44:27 PM

I am so fucking pissed at this bitch right now.
She could as well ask for banning all fiat money because dealers on the streets use it... Some people are insanely idiots.  Undecided

Dude, she just lost her son, of course she will be irrational. Don't blame her for having emotions, blame the idiots that overreact to this shit, i.e. politicians and the media.

She attacked something I like. That is not a safe place to stand ...

Her 21 year old son. An adult, capable of making his own decisions without any influence from anyone else decided to use an anonymous website to buy his cocaine with bitcoin instead of driving to his local crack alley to buy some.

I'm sure this was the first time he had ever decided to use? I'm sure he had never done anything like this before? It's only because of bitcoin he turned to doing drugs right?

Are you saying I'm saying it's because of bitcoin, or she is saying it's because of bitcoin? I never said anything like that. I, as a completely rational, outside observer, can easily see bitcoin is not at all to blame. You, as a completely rational, outside observer, can also. She, however, is incapable of being rational due to the loss of her son, and needs something to focus on other than maddening grief. Bitcoin became that focus. It's irrational, but it doesn't make her an idiot. It makes her human. Cut her some slack, and blame the people who deserve it: politicians kowtowing to the irrational rantings of a grieving woman to get votes, and the media for exploiting said irrational woman to get ratings/fulfill an agenda.

As for him being 21, totally irrelevant to my argument. Your kids don't matter less to you, nor does it hurt less to lose them, simply because they're adults. To blame this woman is to lose focus on what is really important: politicians and the media sucking balls.

Well said. Cool
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:47:41 PM

yeah, she's got it all backwards ... the drugs made him do bitcoin, not vice versa

... me too actually.
OldGeek

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Blitz:The price affects the perception of the news

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:48:38 PM

is everyone is high on drugs!?

Yep, caffeine and sucrose here.

Now, here’s a deadly combination:  nicotine, caffeine, and codeine with a chaser of Air WickTM

You trade btc like the boss fiend, then fall into a coma where you are subjected to an endlessly looping dream where dodgy-coin is the only remaining crypto.   The value rises to $1M, then falls to 300k but you can’t trade it at all.
Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 07:50:57 PM

She could as well ask for banning all fiat money because dealers on the streets use it... Some people are insanely idiots.  Undecided

Dude, she just lost her son, of course she will be irrational. Don't blame her for having emotions, blame the idiots that overreact to this shit, i.e. politicians and the media.

Her 21 year old son. An adult, capable of making his own decisions without any influence from anyone else decided to use an anonymous website to buy his cocaine with bitcoin instead of driving to his local crack alley to buy some.

I'm sure this was the first time he had ever decided to use? I'm sure he had never done anything like this before? It's only because of bitcoin he turned to doing drugs right?

Are you saying I'm saying it's because of bitcoin, or she is saying it's because of bitcoin? I never said anything like that. I, as a completely rational, outside observer, can easily see bitcoin is not at all to blame. You, as a completely rational, outside observer, can also. She, however, is incapable of being rational due to the loss of her son, and needs something to focus on other than maddening grief. Bitcoin became that focus. It's irrational, but it doesn't make her an idiot. It makes her human. Cut her some slack, and blame the people who deserve it: politicians kowtowing to the irrational rantings of a grieving woman to get votes, and the media for exploiting said irrational woman to get ratings/fulfill an agenda.

As for him being 21, totally irrelevant to my argument. Your kids don't matter less to you, nor does it hurt less to lose them, simply because they're adults. To blame this woman is to lose focus on what is really important: politicians and the media sucking balls.

No I'm simply saying that her son was an adult who made adult decisions and bitcoin was not the cause or reason for his drug use. He was old enough to make his own educated decisions. He was old enough to know better. I'm sure this wasn't his first encounter with drugs either. She and her son are being touted as the poster child for anti bitcoin enthusiasts.
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:54:50 PM

the bearishness can you feel it?  Cheesy

I can feel it, yes.

I almost sold in panic at the recent bottom. Might be a sign the bottom is in, but the panic was still manageable, so maybe we have some ways to go yet.

??!??!??!??
pbody

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:01:31 PM

I dont know why noone is talking about this: http://techcitynews.com/2014/01/13/etoro-launches-bitcoin-trade/

Its a really big deal. Maybe people are somewhat numb after the Fortress announcement or something, but that is in the future. This is right now.

never heard of etoro

i never heard of it either but wtv its another bitcoin market, bullish news, the bottom target just moved up.

etoro is well respected in the forex trading world. I imagine this will have an impact on new investors entering into btc. 4 trades a day though is kind of crappy.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:02:30 PM

Explanation
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:07:12 PM

Also: noone has ever died from drugs (or food) before Bitcoin.
Dodgers

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:09:49 PM

No I'm simply saying that her son was an adult who made adult decisions and bitcoin was not the cause or reason for his drug use. He was old enough to make his own educated decisions. He was old enough to know better. I'm sure this wasn't his first encounter with drugs either. She and her son are being touted as the poster child for anti bitcoin enthusiasts.

You could also argue that he snorted it through a dollar bill......lets ban fiat also!

Seriously....If people are gonna do drugs they will find a way...simple.
People should be responsible for their own choices of what they choose to do with their own bodies and put inside their own bodies.
So whats next, a boy drowns...so they ban water???.....Aus is becoming a Nanny state
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:15:09 PM

the bearishness can you feel it?  Cheesy

I can feel it, yes.

??!??!??!??

lol

maybe I should clarify: When I say "I sell", I really mean: sell my trading stash (or part thereof), which is about 5% of my coins.

So I never sell more than 5%.

EDIT: although I've been trying to change that as per rpietilas divestment strategy... but it's hard.
octaft

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:19:43 PM

I don't disagree with any of this. I disagree that she is necessarily an idiot because of what she is doing.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:20:49 PM

EDIT: although I've been trying to change that as per rpietilas divestment strategy... but it's hard.

I won't say his strategy is bad but it is an exit strategy. Personally, I have more fiat coming in than going out at the moment so I'm not looking to increase that.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:21:47 PM

I don't disagree with any of this. I disagree that she is necessarily an idiot because of what she is doing.

She becomes an idiot when it lasts for more than... ooh, 30 minutes.
octaft

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:23:14 PM

She becomes an idiot when it lasts for more than... ooh, 30 minutes.

So minute 31 after your child son dies, you're cool with it? Acceptance and all that?
Dragonkiller

Activity: 378

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:27:03 PM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitpay-announces-bitcoin-payroll-api-195200062.html

should help reduce coins being dumped on exchanges. if merchants pay employees in bitcoins, they don't have to dump them for fiat anymore.
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:27:39 PM

I can feel it, yes.

??!??!??!??

lol

maybe I should clarify: When I say "I sell", I really mean: sell my trading stash (or part thereof), which is about 5% of my coins.

Jesus Christ; you really got me there for a sec... Wink
BTW: you may have missed this:
Aside from the trollbox this thread is, it gives me great pleasure reading the comments of (generally) VERY smart people. Sanity is what one should have when he/she deals wirh btc. Sanity to keep his/her nerve when everybody is selling and/or buying. There always was and there always will be reasons for people to buy or sell bitcoins.

Remember only this:

You're here either by investigating or by early information. In both cases you're here by CHOICE; and a rather bold one.
Chances are most of the people in this thread won't be here after a couple of years. I present here some reasons about it:

1. Every person has a price in life. There's a certain figure that you would give up your coins for a totally different way of living. Don't get me wrong; this is normal. It's done when we reached $266. It's done when we reached $1242. It will happen again on the next ATH. You might be among the ones that got the decision.

2. The BTC is regulated heavily (see China but imagine x1000) and people are forcibly moving out of the boat while it's sinking. This is unlikely but there's a possibility (as big as a HUGE meteor hits earth in the next 24hrs and vanishing everyone among us from its surface).

3. Due to extreme FUD you're forced to get out. This is the most unfortunate scenario and you REALLY don't want to be in this position within the next months.

There will be fire ladies and gents. In the next few months bitcoin will be HUGE! Imagine exponential stuff. The news is out there but we just didn't see them in front of our eyes yet. I know you may have cold feet now but you will be in the warm side of the fireplace when it gets hotter.

PS:
Don't forget to HODL!!!!1
TPN

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

How did it get so late, so soon?

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:36:00 PM

Life is short
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 08:37:43 PM

Life is short

but drugs makes it go by faster!

bitcoin is my drug of choice.
bitcoinvest
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1000

13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:39:16 PM

I can feel it, yes.

??!??!??!??

lol

Jesus Christ; you really got me there for a sec... Wink
BTW: you may have missed this:
Aside from the trollbox this thread is, it gives me great pleasure reading the comments of (generally) VERY smart people. Sanity is what one should have when he/she deals wirh btc. Sanity to keep his/her nerve when everybody is selling and/or buying. There always was and there always will be reasons for people to buy or sell bitcoins.

Remember only this:

You're here either by investigating or by early information. In both cases you're here by CHOICE; and a rather bold one.
Chances are most of the people in this thread won't be here after a couple of years. I present here some reasons about it:

1. Every person has a price in life. There's a certain figure that you would give up your coins for a totally different way of living. Don't get me wrong; this is normal. It's done when we reached $266. It's done when we reached $1242. It will happen again on the next ATH. You might be among the ones that got the decision.

2. The BTC is regulated heavily (see China but imagine x1000) and people are forcibly moving out of the boat while it's sinking. This is unlikely but there's a possibility (as big as a HUGE meteor hits earth in the next 24hrs and vanishing everyone among us from its surface).

3. Due to extreme FUD you're forced to get out. This is the most unfortunate scenario and you REALLY don't want to be in this position within the next months.

There will be fire ladies and gents. In the next few months bitcoin will be HUGE! Imagine exponential stuff. The news is out there but we just didn't see them in front of our eyes yet. I know you may have cold feet now but you will be in the warm side of the fireplace when it gets hotter.

PS:
Don't forget to HODL!!!!1

+1 +2 +3 +4 +5 ..... etc.....

i thank the ignore button for trolls and macsga for his posts Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 3747 3748 3749 3750 3751 3752 3753 3754 3755 3756 3757 3758 3759 3760 3761 3762 3763 3764 3765 3766 3767 3768 3769 3770 3771 3772 3773 3774 3775 3776 3777 3778 3779 3780 3781 3782 3783 3784 3785 3786 3787 3788 3789 3790 3791 3792 3793 3794 3795 3796 [3797] 3798 3799 3800 3801 3802 3803 3804 3805 3806 3807 3808 3809 3810 3811 3812 3813 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 3823 3824 3825 3826 3827 3828 3829 3830 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 ... 33342 »
  Print  

Jump to: