April 23, 2024, 04:22:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 25150 25151 25152 25153 25154 25155 25156 25157 25158 25159 25160 25161 25162 25163 25164 25165 25166 25167 25168 25169 25170 25171 25172 25173 25174 25175 25176 25177 25178 25179 25180 25181 25182 25183 25184 25185 25186 25187 25188 25189 25190 25191 25192 25193 25194 25195 25196 25197 25198 25199 [25200] 25201 25202 25203 25204 25205 25206 25207 25208 25209 25210 25211 25212 25213 25214 25215 25216 25217 25218 25219 25220 25221 25222 25223 25224 25225 25226 25227 25228 25229 25230 25231 25232 25233 25234 25235 25236 25237 25238 25239 25240 25241 25242 25243 25244 25245 25246 25247 25248 25249 25250 ... 33295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26366768 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 11:46:41 PM

29th deadline

29th? I guess it's 22nd.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Icygreen
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1135

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 11:50:03 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1)

Love the new hat, one of your best!

Thank you very much Icygreen.  I just find images to stick on hats though; most of the credit should go to KC Green as he is the genius behind "This is fine".  He monetizes it here <--- not an affiliate link

Too humble bro, you deserve credit.
Yes, we know they aren't your original images but its 100% your good attitude, generosity and creativity we support.  

Oh shit your right!

One Day left.
Come on HOMER! 
You're welcome to use this image.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11985

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 11:51:33 PM

Dammit f*** ask for a proper HAT...........
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11985

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 01:08:12 AM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (2)

#HODLsleep.......

First night at my and cryptoqueeen’s new place.... in our new HODLnest......

And emptied a full bottle of white wine while watching Nothing Hill  Shocked LoL

Classic first night entrance !!!!

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10142

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 01:23:20 AM

The first time I read about this FUD was a few days ago. It got me worried.
Fair but unsubstantiated. A quick fact-check (since you don't seem to fully understand how things work, which is fine since the supermajority doesn't) with a single search should have lifted it.

I trust WO.
Very dangerous and bad. Almost everyone here is self-interested; rarely anyone altruistic.

Why do you have to respond so aggressively?
Ad nauseam -> aggressive responses. Is fine as long as I'm right; would be very bad were it both wrong and aggressive.

Am I so powerful and important as to be able to harm Core contributors with my questions? If nothing else, this whole discussion benefits those who may have been affected by that FUD. It clears things up and motivates us to dig deeper and understand the protocol, how it works, what's possible and what's not.
There is no discussion to begin with as I've told you. Should we discuss things that can't affect Bitcoin ever in regards to Bitcoin as a serious discussion? Roll Eyes Re: harming Core contributors you missed the point. That's the whole goal by Shellby et. al. and they keep winning at it, which just shows why you absolutely should not trust WO as many WO-members initially got worried about it.  

Hope all of that has helped. Kiss

It seems to me that we should be bringing up any topic that we want without threats of getting red tagged for bringing up topics, but I do agree with you, Lauda, that the topic is nonsense and it is an attack vector that is propagated by trolls, including a banned member going through others... so yeah, the topic is surely exhausting because it seems to be an attempted attack vector and to make it seem as if it were an actual valid concern.  I don't claim to know technicalities about it, so I can see why some members would get confused including AlcoHoDl, and you are correct, Lauda, that quite a few WO members seem to have gotten confused about this matter too.. but many had gotten confused about the blocksize debate too, and that comes up from time to time, even by well-intended WO regulars.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 01:31:19 AM

Anybody buying significant amounts of corn now or waiting for lower?

I’m stuck in two minds.....

Same here. I can't buy SIGNIFICANT amounts though, as my IRL finances are currently not as good as they used to be. Struggling to use my scalping proceeds left on exchanges to do a final buy. Have not pulled the trigger yet. Some leftover limit buy orders are being triggered on the way down though, but other than that I have not manually intervened yet (not cancelled nor entered any new orders).

Anyways, whatever I do, it won't significantly (percentually) change my outcome (the Bitcoin count).

P.S.: In the worst case, if I don't act before, my final decision will probably be around $6.5K.

I'm like that too, sometimes, meaning that sometimes it seems that the buy orders are not really adding up to be very much and then there are also questions about whether new money can be injected.  Sometimes it might be questionable about how much new money to inject, if any, even though I don't have any  kind of meaningful RL cashflow issues, at this time.   On the other hand, if BTC prices were to go down to below $5k, again, then there could be some perception of cash flow issues and needing to conserve, and those would surely be scary situations, and that is what bearwhales would like to achieve, if they are able to achieve it.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 01:37:16 AM

yep, 'attic mining (sell the crap out of the attic on eBay and buying BTC with whatever I get for such)

I dumped in $616 USD for BTC or 0.0799999092 BTC Smiley Every little bit helps. Again, if it doesn't come back someday to at least $10k then this whole BTC/Crypto endeavor is toast anyway.

So the bit of 'dust' I manage to accumulate till then is meh! (hell, at least I'll have a clean attic and can make a rec room) Smiley

what the hell, I figure it has to get back to $10k someday or anyone in HODL mode will be beyond screwed...

so indeed, cheap junk = cheap coin on the above 'attic minning'

(now to get motivated to do this 'boring' selling on ebay again...groan!)

Remember: It is NOT the price of the BTC when you buy it now, it is the fact that you did get some BTC now vs months/years from now.

Accumulate/HODL/Success Smiley

later

Brad
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 02:00:29 AM

Guys, I've been reading this crazy stuff posted by someone called "Shelby Moore" (whose messages were recently re-posted in the WO thread by user THX 1138), about how all coins held in SegWit addresses will be donated to miners, as they are free-to-spend coins in the legacy (pre-SegWit) blockchain, and only the coins held in legacy addresses will stay intact and belonging to their owners (private key holders).

It is technically possible. Indisputably.

Is it likely? Who knows?

Then again, we've been discussing this possibility (i.e., sounding this alarm) since before segwit activated. It ain't new knowledge. Well, Shelby's affixing a date to it is more recent. But this vulnerability has been known from the beginning.

Me? Yes, I do worry about it. OTOH, less than 1% of my BTC has any segwit anywhere in their current or past. And this possibility is but one reason for this.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 02:03:48 AM
Merited by infofront (1)

...free-to-spend coins in the legacy (pre-SegWit) blockchain...

This is pretty old big blocker FUD. If this would be a real issue, why is there a segwit address with 190000 bitcoin? 35hK24tcLEWcgNA4JxpvbkNkoAcDGqQPsP

Are the miners stupid or why don't they grab these AnyOneCanSpend bitcoin?

Because they are not stupid.

Because it only works once.

Because tomorrow, there will be 19000+x BTC in segwit addresses.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 02:52:49 AM

Anybody buying significant amounts of corn now or waiting for lower?

I’m stuck in two minds.....

Just keep buying as you are doing.... don’t buy less don’t buy more, you have it all figured out pretty good AFAIK and have seen Smiley

You are doing a great job bro!

Keep stacking sats, keep having some back up for whenever it’s needed and just keep handling your strategy as you do!

You know my personal target, I’ve told you enough times privately Cheesy
If I had the choice though I’d rather just head straight to the moon & fuck that OCD target.

This is just like in 2015, miserable sideways, then down, then sideways, then down, then up to where we started, then sideways, then down etc & repeat.

I think once we get to maybe March we’ll get & stay above $10,000 as the halving should surely get factored in then.
No I think it's very reasonable to want to put together one whole coin.
 Cheesy
Seriously I can never bear to wait for lower prices. I like to get in and out of my exchanges as quick as possible. Unlike my lovers obviously, where I don't mind leaving my deposit for a good long ... i think i'd better stop

This is supposed to be a kid-friendly channel  (you fuck!!!)   Angry Angry Angry
Lambie Slayer

Activity: 994
Merit: 707

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 03:02:28 AM

I have no home,
All right, I can put you up on a sofa for like 3 nights, but that's it.

You have a sofa in your Bear cave Wink Ty, I live in a nice place, I just dont own it. You should sell your place if you own it and buy more coins at 6400.

Homes are just illiquid Shitcoins that depreciate in value over time, get taxed every year, and require lots of upkeep. Its better to place that investment in the King and rent my bearish friend.
Lambie Slayer

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 03:05:34 AM

Damn i'm a permaBEAR, I even don't know I have any coins actually, but I do love hanging around here  Kiss

Its cool, we like seeing your posts about spending money rather than investing in the King, Mr. Team Bearsons Leader  Wink
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 03:11:28 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

You are really pushing it with these constructed lies. The scenario that you described is impossible as the governance structure doesn't work like that, not that you'd ever understand it. ...

GrumpyKitty mode always gives me a chuckle. Cheesy

At moments like this, I look at this thread to tell me it's going to be alright, but you guys aren't really helping Sad

Just look at the poll, it haad to happen. Smiley

WO answer == BTFD!

Hey how hard would it be to find out the average characters a user posts? Apparently inquiring minds wish to know and you are the correct guy to ask.

At moments like this, I look at this thread to tell me it's going to be alright, but you guys aren't really helping Sad

It’s all cause of that POLL, the new one will be 9.5K at 25 November or 1 December .....

Then we will be all fine  Cheesy

Ahh you beat me by a long shot!
LoyceV will give you your answer I think, might be expensive though! Tongue

Guys I'm thinking about buying some bitcoin. Should I fire now or wait for a bit of a dip?

Just fired £1,000 into this forest fire. Hope I called it right.

Good call I think.

I'm gonna go get some whiskey... Sad
 Be brave guys!

Another good call! Grin
Lambie Slayer

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 03:11:44 AM

@LS, never assume what someone else is thinking, think first maybe its cause of not perfect English writing, maybe its because of joking around, in my case its I love and hate  Hairy's predictions always but they are very well explained the way he thinks but I never said I hate or I get "irritated" by his thinking...

Traffic is a thing that irritates me, moving furniture or building up some chairs irritates me, A big fat stinking fart at the dinner table or wherever irritates me....
Some guys I like to talk with and there thinking on BTC-price leaves me cold as I have my own thought and what I have to do with my share of BTC-holding, but as you speak out loud with a thought of going to X, there I can counter with a joke or with like thats crazy or bearish or I don't think so or.... But I think one main thing and its a golden rule NO ONE KNOWS and can predict the king-BTC, but if we would go to 6.4-k I wouldn't even acknowledge anybody that predicted the price for me they are all bit of lucky guesses but thats just my thinking of course.

I truly do enjoy reading the different approaches and thought about how we go, and I think I like Hairy's most from the ones I read, actually I always like Majormax as well but F*** that dude is as bearish as F*** from time to time, but I do like his post cause its very good constructive and so on....

I do like yours as well, but I just always like to call out you guys are bearish (short term luckily) and fish for the more bullish responds  Grin

But believe me or not... do as you wish with this, but I can truly say i'm not "irritated" by posts about the price.

For going out and food and so on, I say BTC is a big important piece of my life, going out when I can and have some social life with my GF, having some stressless moments, enjoying life etc = MY LIFE

Im late catching up on my WO reading so these last few responses are delayed and of course I post Bargain Boyz memes and then read past pages later.

Its cool bro, I can see that the language barrier caused you to not catch the nuance of the fact that I was pointing out the absurdity of bullish purity tests with absurd responses. I was purposely being absurd so you dont need to defend yourself and how you live your life. I know I wouldnt Cheesy Basically it translates to I was just messing with you buddy.

Lambie Slayer

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 03:12:34 AM

I am about 97 percent net worth invested in Bitcoin as we speak. When I say 97 percent I dont mean 97 percent of my currency is Bitcoin and 3 percent is USD, im referring to all investments. I have no home, no stocks, no T-notes, no bonds, no metals

blah

Stfu Jew.  Cheesy
Lambie Slayer

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 03:25:56 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2019, 03:40:11 AM by Lambie Slayer

To my critics of late, JJG, Goose, V8s, and Severia, here is my Bullish test question for you.

What percent of you net worth is invested in Bitcoin. If its under 90 than guess what, you are the bears, not me. Cheesy  Kiss

Failure to answer this question is an answer as far as Im concerned.

No exaggerations on my part whatsoever, Ive always been simple and consistent in explaining my investment. You, not so much.....

You are more consistent than me?  Get real.  You are way newer to the thread than me, and you came out ballers from the start. Oh I forgot your original account that got banned from posting bc of doxing the biggest Bear Troll on the thread was created the same year as my account, but yeah, ive been around typing text walls a bit longer than you have been here.

My exaggerations, to the extent that they exist, mostly deal with calling out exaggerators, because my style does not attempt to make any kind of meaningful BTC predictions, I just criticize others, such as yourself, for predicting with too much certainty, whether bearish or bullish. anybody with a prediction pisses me off and I cant help but lash out.

I also attempt to brainstorm about my trading style through sharing information about it, and those kinds of things.  When I started out, yeah long before you were here unless you were under some other account, I was mostly engaged in buying and accumulating and posting about that.  Even though I had selling in my theoretical model, I never really had many opportunities to sell any BTC until late 2015 - or at least in accordance with my emphasis on accumulating and establishing my position first.  In any event, my system has not ever required any attempts to predict short term BTC price movements, even though there could be a little tweaking to it, here and there, if there are some feelings or inclinations that the BTC price has higher odds to move in one direction rather than another, but even if I might have some feelings or inclinations of short-term BTC price movements, I don't tend to change much of anything within my system, except maybe tweaking a tiny bit here or there.. changing some order increments or amounts by small percentages. tldr blah

So I don't know how you would identify inconsistencies in my approach or even my posting style, except maybe sometimes I might get in little battles, here and there with posters who want to battle about some nonsense that they are spouting out, such as what you have tendencies to do.

Don't get me wrong, I do find some of your content to be entertaining, but frequently it is a bit much in the exaggeration arena (and certainty assertion arena) as I have already mentioned.

JJG you didnt answer the question as I knew you would be too scared to do,

Don't be a dumbass.  I have made various representation of my holdings in the past, and in this context, it is not really relevant, so no need to go down that distraction of a rabbit hole.
Yep, I own tons of stuff besides Bitcoin so Im not really that bullish.  Cheesy
Right now, you are trying to bring up your purported level of investment in order to cause greater credibility to yourself and your down predictions.... because supposedly you are predicting against your own interests, so supposedly if you predict against your own interests, then you have more credibility, but in this context, that is largely bullshit and irrelevant because we have hardly no way of verifying (to the extent that it even matters) that you are making accurate representations of your own holdings. The whole absurdity of bullish purity tests went over my head.

I think that the topic of how much you are invested is more relevant to whether you might need to reallocate your risk, or even the balancing of your own personal position rather than your attempting to use such supposed information to bring credibility to yourself. I cant relate to your percent invested parameters bc I already have all I can handle.

even though you have asked more prying questions about coin count than anyone on this thread ever.

Who fucking cares?  You are coming off as a dumbass.  Like I just mentioned, if we are talking about allocation of risk and things like that, then the question of coin count (or percentages) would be more of a relevant topic for members here to sometimes have to go through those kinds of personal calculations regarding the extent to which they might be over or under invested into BTC, shitcoins or some other questions of balancing of their finances and psychological condition(s). bro, I like prying into other peoples stuff, not them prying into mine, get with it!

Im not even asking for coin count, just percent of coin compared to net worth.

Not relevant in this context, even though I have shared ballparks of that in the past.  I am not going to be egged into talking about irrelevant context merely so you can engage in a quasi-irrelevant dick measuring contest.

Ill assume based on what you have said in the past that you arent even half net worth invested in the King.

You can assume whatever the fuck that you want about that currently quasi-irrelevant area, given the topic of certitude in BTC price prediction that we are currently attempting to discuss (absent your current attempts at distractions and credibility building/bashing attempts). Thats cheating bc you already knew the answer...

So STFU you hypocritical permabear infidel Cheesy

Don't get emotional.  Makes you look like a psycho. I get the absurd thing now, jeez its funny man Cheesy

Since you arent a true believer in the King

Oh gawd...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  You even believe your own nonsense? once again I totally get the absurdity and will change my bullish purity testing ways and be more tolerant of short term bearish opinions bc the JJG intolerance indicator keeps signalling massive dumps.

and choose to be heavily invested in alternate assets STFU when a true long term bull makes a short term bearish comment.  Wink

I choose to balance my own holdings in accordance with my perceptions of my overall circumstances, including but not limited to my: cashflow, other investments, risk tolerance, views about BTC as compared with other assets, timeline, available time to research and manage my strategies.
Im bearish bro, dont know what to tell you..
Am I purposely being absurd by judging you on a Bull Purity test, of course, its to show you how absurd getting butthurt over a bearish comment is.

From my perspective, your being absurd merely shows how absurd that you are rather than showing my purported absurdity through your admitted absurdity.   That makes sense.

Do you see now how stupid and absurd these Bull Purity games are?

I see how absurd you are acting.  You must be bored.

Common bitcoin do something in order that Lambie can be more entertained and less absurd induced.
I got my wish we crashed.  Roll Eyes

I doubt it but others observing will understand Im sure.

I am sure that others completely understand how objectively correct and righteous you are.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

NOT

Yes yes good sir. My dms are full of True Believer well wishes.  Cheesy
Lambie Slayer

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 03:28:26 AM

What percent of you net worth is invested in Bitcoin. If its under 90 than guess what, you are the bears, not me. Cheesy  Kiss

I was all-in on Bitcoin at $200 and viewed it strictly as gambling.  The fact you're all-in on Bitcoin at $8500 and view it as not gambling is laughable.  

Yes Roach I remember when you were a believer. Had you stayed true you would be a man of wealth and taste right now, but I do appreciate your prompt and courteous valet services my good man.  Cheesy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 03:38:27 AM

It will be long term (even year or so after the halving) but when you’re balls deep in crypto & watching your net worth crumble in front of your eyes it’s never fun.

On the plus side - cheap coins.

hahahaha

Funny thing (or maybe ironic thing?) is that we are almost back to the price that we were on October 25, when the price shot up from $7,300 to $10,300 in a matter of about 12 hours. 

So 12 hours up and 26 days back down to the starting place.  Not bad.  Not bad.

In other words, this shit should not scare any of us, even though it does. 

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 03:43:28 AM

Good morning Bitcoinland from the Maya jungle of Quintana Roo.

Woke up this morning to a nasty red dildo erecting before my very eyes... currently. $7644USD/$10144CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

It went down almost to where it was a month ago.... pretty close to a double bottom.

Why does the price always seem to tank whenever I come down here?

Oh well. I'll be flying back up in a week. Hopefully the price will follow me.

No Warning again! Your in timeout.

holy shit

30 merits from Theymos for my art thing

kinda takes the sting out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weUhBGA8mxo

Well deserved.

Didn’t do an art submission, might just send my cock in with a BTC logo on it & a ruler next to it - 1 inch per birthday’s that the forum has had.

So much for Opsec!

AlcoHoDL asked a reasonable set of questions.  Not all of us have lots of time here at W.O. nor are programmers.  We are all learning.  I too would like to know the right answers.  I don't like to spread any FUD nor anything negative.

Lauda replied with unnecessary venom.  That likely means that s/he was having a bad day, even for a grumpy kitten.  Lauda, I hope that your day is going better now. 

Peace.  <-- Lauda, get you some.  You'll feel better.

WO is not for the faint of heart.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 04:03:08 AM

Guys I'm thinking about buying some bitcoin. Should I fire now or wait for a bit of a dip?

Wait...
Pages: « 1 ... 25150 25151 25152 25153 25154 25155 25156 25157 25158 25159 25160 25161 25162 25163 25164 25165 25166 25167 25168 25169 25170 25171 25172 25173 25174 25175 25176 25177 25178 25179 25180 25181 25182 25183 25184 25185 25186 25187 25188 25189 25190 25191 25192 25193 25194 25195 25196 25197 25198 25199 [25200] 25201 25202 25203 25204 25205 25206 25207 25208 25209 25210 25211 25212 25213 25214 25215 25216 25217 25218 25219 25220 25221 25222 25223 25224 25225 25226 25227 25228 25229 25230 25231 25232 25233 25234 25235 25236 25237 25238 25239 25240 25241 25242 25243 25244 25245 25246 25247 25248 25249 25250 ... 33295 »
  Print  

Jump to: