May 01, 2024, 08:09:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26270 26271 26272 26273 26274 26275 26276 26277 26278 26279 26280 26281 26282 26283 26284 26285 26286 26287 26288 26289 26290 26291 26292 26293 26294 26295 26296 26297 26298 26299 26300 26301 26302 26303 26304 26305 26306 26307 26308 26309 26310 26311 26312 26313 26314 26315 26316 26317 26318 26319 [26320] 26321 26322 26323 26324 26325 26326 26327 26328 26329 26330 26331 26332 26333 26334 26335 26336 26337 26338 26339 26340 26341 26342 26343 26344 26345 26346 26347 26348 26349 26350 26351 26352 26353 26354 26355 26356 26357 26358 26359 26360 26361 26362 26363 26364 26365 26366 26367 26368 26369 26370 ... 33313 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370508 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 09:31:53 PM

https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/1249715841618362369?s=20
smoke a pack of Camels to keep the bat flu at bay

Great after years of trying to quit I just managed it last month, my timing in life is running 100%.

Congrats!
You won't miss anything  Cool

There will be years full of moments that you'll think about a smoke.
Just don't do it.
Remember how shitty it got last time and feel lucky that you quit. It helps.

I tried to quit three times, then i finally got to the point where i was able to smoke a couple of times a year and i don't feel any urge to continue, maybe because i also feel like the biggest moron of the world every time i lit one up, months and years after quitting. That's not the exact truth, there is some urge, but it fades within days and i learned to ignore it. There's also a drug history, so i could "practice" kinds of withdrawal already, but nicotine is not to underestimate, addiction wise.
Everybody else that denies the latter while still smoking regularly is a liar.

It would be amusing if this one gets me because I quit. Cheesy

This is the third time in life I have quit, I lasted one year and 2 the last 2 times, hopefully the third time is a charm. Smiley

This certainly was the toughest, it has taken me 2 or 3 years of struggling to get here.
I just better not get drunk and fall off the wagon. Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 09:39:00 PM

1h

Some rumblings in the deeps about shorts on the rise..I dont know. I will tell you this..I dont feel priced in for the halvening...not yet. Consolidate and accumulate is the best advice I think I can give right now. #dyor
4h

#stronghands
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 09:59:08 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (3)

Last day to submit a claim guys.

https://coinbasesettlement.com
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 10:13:00 PM

Great after years of trying to quit I just managed it last month, my timing in life is running 100%.

Congrats!

Just don't do it.

I tried to quit three times, then i finally got to the point where i was able to smoke a couple of times a year and i don't feel any urge to continue, maybe because i also feel like the biggest moron of the world every time i lit one up, months and years after quitting. That's not the exact truth, there is some urge, but it fades within days and i learned to ignore it. There's also a drug history, so i could "practice" kinds of withdrawal already, but nicotine is not to underestimate, addiction wise.

This is the third time in life I have quit, I lasted one year and 2 the last 2 times, hopefully the third time is a charm. Smiley

This certainly was the toughest, it has taken me 2 or 3 years of struggling to get here.

Some studies show a psychedelic trip on psilocybin while quitting and maybe follow up therapy can eliminate addictions. Rewire the brain while giving up past habits is effective.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 10:14:36 PM

... fatties getting hammered by Covid
https://www.zdnet.com/article/nyu-scientists-largest-u-s-study-of-covid-19-finds-obesity-the-single-biggest-factor-in-new-york-critical-cases/
Doctors at NYU Langone Health center conducted the largest study so far of US hospital admissions for COVID-19, focused on New York City. They found obesity, along with age, was the biggest deciding factor in hospital admissions ...
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 10:17:46 PM

Some studies show a psychedelic trip on psilocybin while quitting and maybe follow up therapy can eliminate addictions. Rewire the brain while giving up past habits is effective.

Well that sounds like the excuse I have been looking for. Cheesy

Your Honor, I was just trying to give up a bad habit.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 10:20:39 PM

... fatties getting hammered by Covid
https://www.zdnet.com/article/nyu-scientists-largest-u-s-study-of-covid-19-finds-obesity-the-single-biggest-factor-in-new-york-critical-cases/
Doctors at NYU Langone Health center conducted the largest study so far of US hospital admissions for COVID-19, focused on New York City. They found obesity, along with age, was the biggest deciding factor in hospital admissions ...

Well being obese is a factor in so many health hazards that this is no surprise, thats like saying studies show one armed people cannot hold onto ropes as long as the general pop.
hodl_2015

Activity: 371
Merit: 57

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 10:30:12 PM

With all the wood and metal dust, road dust, paint and glue solvent and other shit I have been subjecting my lungs to, I'm glad I never smoked. My lungs so far have no trouble cleaning all that shit out fast. Don't neglect what separates you from other stuff, and that includes lungs and intestines. No tar and plenty of large non-nutritional fibers.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4464

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 10:34:19 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Quitting cigarettes isn't an action. Smoking is.

To smoke you must obtain a cigarette and a source of fire, light the cigarette and inhale. These all require action on your part.

Not smoking does not require any action whatsoever. Simply don't do anything.

You quit when you butted out your last one. Just don't take the action of starting again.

The only issue is the craving induced by nicotine withdrawal and that doesn't last long. It's also mostly mental. You won't suffer dangerous physical withdrawal symptoms like a heroin addict's cold turkey or an alcoholic's D.T.s.

Don't be a crybaby.
____

I quit a 2 pack-a-day habit 35 years ago when I caught such a bad flu I was in a daze for 3 days waking up only long enough to piss, puke or shit, drink some water and fall back into my semi-coma.

After my fever broke 3 days later I reached for a cigarette out of habit, then realized I hadn't had a smoke in 3 days, and figured why start.

I haven't had a cigarette since. I didn't wimp out and stop using a little tobacco to mix with my hashish to make it burn better. I didn't do it often enough to develop a new habit but I'll admit it did sometimes make me sort of want a smoke a half hour or so after doing it. Even that only lasted for about half a year. Now all I get from it is a little nausea and dizziness from the nicotine. I just never lit a cigarette.

You don't have to quit. Just don't start again.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 10:39:25 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (4), smartcomet (1)

confirmed ... questions about natural immunity to coronavirus
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/13/who-officials-say-its-unclear-whether-recovered-coronavirus-patients-are-immune-to-second-infection.html

confirmed ... questions about secondary infections due to latent virus
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/04/200413110301074.html

confirmed ... possible long term damage and health effects from covid
https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-04-10/coronavirus-infection-can-do-lasting-damage-to-the-heart-liver
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3485

born once atheist

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 10:40:42 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

Congrats!

Just don't do it.

Out of all the stupid addictions one can fall into because one is too young and dumb to realize it’s not worth
the small pleasure and never to start, then you don’t miss it,(And can’t be told either, they won’t listen)
cigarette addiction is one I can thankfully say I never fell into albeit I did puff one on occasion.
Even at a young age when many of my not-to-smart acquaintances were starting to puff cancer sticks
to be “cool” (and stink), I did not, knowing full well they would all regret it years later (they did) and then
only realize it’s near impossible to quit and involves a lot of discomfort.
God, I hate cigarettes and the addicts madly puffing their fix like it’s their last and stinking up the entrance
into public buildings. Disgusting smelly addiction.
Go do heroin in private, ffs, it’s a better buzz and it doesn’t stink.
End of rant....
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 10:45:42 PM

With all the wood and metal dust, road dust, paint and glue solvent and other shit I have been subjecting my lungs to, I'm glad I never smoked. My lungs so far have no trouble cleaning all that shit out fast. Don't neglect what separates you from other stuff, and that includes lungs and intestines. No tar and plenty of large non-nutritional fibers.

thanks, had no clue what a large non-nutritional fiber was.

Quitting cigarettes isn't an action. Smoking is.

To smoke you must obtain a cigarette and a source of fire, light the cigarette and inhale. These all require action on your part.

Not smoking does not require any action whatsoever. Simply don't do anything.

You quit when you butted out your last one. Just don't take the action of starting again.

The only issue is the craving induced by nicotine withdrawal and that doesn't last long. It's also mostly mental. You won't suffer dangerous physical withdrawal symptoms like a heroin addict's cold turkey or an alcoholic's D.T.s.

Don't be a crybaby.
____

I quit a 2 pack-a-day habit 35 years ago when I caught such a bad flu I was in a daze for 3 days waking up only long enough to piss, puke or shit, drink some water and fall back into my semi-coma.

After my fever broke 3 days later I reached for a cigarette out of habit, then realized I hadn't had a smoke in 3 days, and figured why start.

I haven't had a cigarette since. I didn't wimp out and stop using a little tobacco to mix with my hashish to make it burn better. I didn't do it often enough to develop a new habit but I'll admit it did sometimes make me sort of want a smoke a half hour or so after doing it. Even that only lasted for about half a year. Now all I get from it is a little nausea and dizziness from the nicotine. I just never lit a cigarette.

It's easy to quit when its killing you, your body actually helps at that time. Thats what was going on second time I quit.

Its actually tougher the older you get, I'm not quite sure why. Or possibly because of the cocktail they have devised to keep you hooked has got to a point where it is so beast to drop the habit.

This is the only industry thats allowed to hide what chemicals it uses to addict you.

Out of all the stupid addictions one can fall into because one is too young and dumb to realize it’s not worth
the small pleasure and never to start, then you don’t miss it,(And can’t be told either, they won’t listen)
cigarette addiction is one I can thankfully say I never fell into albeit I did puff one on occasion.
Even at a young age when many of my not-to-smart acquaintances were starting to puff cancer sticks
to be “cool” (and stink), I did not, knowing full well they would all regret it years later (they did) and then
only realize it’s near impossible to quit and involves a lot of discomfort.
God, I hate cigarettes and the addicts madly puffing their fix like it’s their last and stinking up the entrance
End of rant....

Yup, wish I was a forward thinking at 13 as you were, I started when it was still projected as being cool and the Marlboro Man was on every channel. thants not an excuse, just a fact.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 10:51:49 PM

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 10:51:56 PM
Merited by sirazimuth (1)

Yup, wish I was a forward thinking at 13 as you were, I started when it was still projected as being cool and the Marlboro Man was on every channel. thants not an excuse, just a fact.

Smoking has given me untold pleasure over the years and the biggest downgrade to my general well being has been quitting it. I have been diminished in every sense by stopping, apart from stinking less. Now I'm too mean to take it up again.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3485

born once atheist

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 10:56:39 PM

Good luck with quitting bro.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 10:57:05 PM

Smoking has given me untold pleasure over the years and the biggest downgrade to my general well being has been quitting it. I have been diminished in every sense by stopping, apart from stinking less. Now I'm too mean to take it up again.

HAH, I've had friends throw smokes at me while I was quitting saying "Just fucking smoke one already" as I drove them nuts while Iwas withdrawing. Cheesy

Yeah it can turn you mean just as quickly as chronic pain can.

It does take stress away though.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4464

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 11:12:08 PM

End of rant....

I may have quit smoking cigarettes 35 years ago but I'll defend the rights of others to smoke if they want to.

I hate anti-smoking Nazis. If you want to smoke, smoke. If you don't want to smoke, don't smoke. If you own a bar or restaurant, you should be free to allow smoking or not. The public should be free to choose whether they want to patronize smoking or non-smoking establishments.

When we still had optional smoking or non-smoking rooms in restaurants in Toronto, I always chose the smoking room despite not smoking. I could see it pissed off some of the smokers that I was taking up a valuable seat in the smoking room while the non-smoking room was almost empty. I just found that besides for having no children in the smoking section, there was a better class of people there. All the fussbudgets and complainer types used the non-smoking section.

Don't give me some silly crap about secondhand smoke if you drive a car or burn a campfire. One of my pet peeves is people who smoked for years, quit, and then somehow magically became instantly "allergic" to cigarette smoke. I quit so everyone else has to quit too. Oh boo hoo hoo!

Personally, I find perfumes, colognes, aftershaves and other artificial scents to be far worse, but I won't interfere with people who wear them. I appreciate that most hospitals ban them and I'll avoid places that sell them.

Smoke or don't smoke. No big deal.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 11:24:48 PM

It can be a serious bitch: I haven't smoked for 20+ years, and I still find myself missing a good pipe.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 11:26:55 PM

Yeah, nothing worse than a reformed nazi.

I find it amusing that most reformed alcoholics think everyone else is an alcoholic that needs saying. Pepole don't understand that not everyone has their same weaknesses.

I fucking hate those people that cross the street when they see you have a cigarette, as if being within 10 ft of one will give you cancer. those are the fucks that make laws to ostracize others.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 11:44:08 PM
Merited by fillippone (2), JayJuanGee (1)

Quite sure that it has been shared here before, but it really deserves to be shared once every few months:

Pages: « 1 ... 26270 26271 26272 26273 26274 26275 26276 26277 26278 26279 26280 26281 26282 26283 26284 26285 26286 26287 26288 26289 26290 26291 26292 26293 26294 26295 26296 26297 26298 26299 26300 26301 26302 26303 26304 26305 26306 26307 26308 26309 26310 26311 26312 26313 26314 26315 26316 26317 26318 26319 [26320] 26321 26322 26323 26324 26325 26326 26327 26328 26329 26330 26331 26332 26333 26334 26335 26336 26337 26338 26339 26340 26341 26342 26343 26344 26345 26346 26347 26348 26349 26350 26351 26352 26353 26354 26355 26356 26357 26358 26359 26360 26361 26362 26363 26364 26365 26366 26367 26368 26369 26370 ... 33313 »
  Print  

Jump to: