May 02, 2024, 05:24:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28075 28076 28077 28078 28079 28080 28081 28082 28083 28084 28085 28086 28087 28088 28089 28090 28091 28092 28093 28094 28095 28096 28097 28098 28099 28100 28101 28102 28103 28104 28105 28106 28107 28108 28109 28110 28111 28112 28113 28114 28115 28116 28117 28118 28119 28120 28121 28122 28123 28124 [28125] 28126 28127 28128 28129 28130 28131 28132 28133 28134 28135 28136 28137 28138 28139 28140 28141 28142 28143 28144 28145 28146 28147 28148 28149 28150 28151 28152 28153 28154 28155 28156 28157 28158 28159 28160 28161 28162 28163 28164 28165 28166 28167 28168 28169 28170 28171 28172 28173 28174 28175 ... 33316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370987 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 04:13:13 PM

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 04:16:36 PM

LN is here [...]

I am playing around with LN via custodial wallets. It's only small potatoes and custodial really works easy. Your mum could use it once she practices a bit.

Whether it will be LN or something else, the free markets will find a way to make Bitcoin roll like water out of our mobile wallets. No doubt.
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1825
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 04:19:46 PM

FULL DISCLOSURE: A sell order has been placed at a price target. Looking to officially take some profit to give us liquidity to start building on the land ASAP.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 04:22:18 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2021, 04:45:46 PM by JayJuanGee

They will surely missed it and they're the one who's been fooled. Who's next?

lol funny. All they've done for the past decade is spam B's search results with "I wouldn't buy Bitcoin, I'd buy such and such shitty stock instead".

They still mentioned bitcoin as a long term HODL.. and maybe paralleling the rational that Michael Saylor has been providing to the space in terms of his intended BTC investment timeline and purpose for investing/hedging in bitcoin to preserve value.

i actually just put in sell orders that are over $100,000/coin. felt odd kinda - almost surreal - thats like something i didnt expect to do for long time yet (least year or maybe two i figured soonest).

Haven't done my sell orders above $100k, yet... but surely feeling like I need to do them soon... I might wait until we get into the $70ks.. even though I appreciate that UPpity BTC price moves could well happen quite quickly, I am still also considering some varying other matters that could affect my choices regarding both the increments and quantities of such supra-$100k sell orders, and I frequently prefer to not have to redo my orders (in either direction) once I set them.. absent some kind of surprise happening that might cause me to feel like I need to engage in such redoings.  

By the way, I may have to reconsider my BTC buy orders, too... currently they are set at $1,000-ish increments, and it may well service my psychology and finances better to put them at $1.5k-ish increments in the near future..   got that floating around in my head, too.

Bill Gates = neutral on bitcoin. Still doesn't like it, but he is on record saying he is not short on bitcoin, nor does he have any (and Microsoft too, does not want to invest at this time.) Gates is no longer on the board of MS.

In recent times, there have been a decent number of bitcoiners who have been arguing that anyone who fails refuses to take an adequate stake in bitcoin proportionate to their wealth are effectively short on bitcoin, so sure those kinds of assertions are quite provocative, not only in the sense of the concept of "what is being short" but also the concept of what is a reasonable stake.  I personally continue to assert that from a starting point, 1% to 10% would be a reasonable stake, and surely such stake could be adjusted upon studying the space and studying one's own personal circumstances - and surely, I have also asserted that anyone with a less than 4-year investment timeline should end up either skewing in the low end of my recommended starting range and may well be the ONLY peeps who might be justified in NOT investing in bitcoin - even if lower ends of the investment range could still be justifiable and prudent, even for someone with a shorter than 4-year investment time horizon.
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2091
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 04:46:25 PM

99 500 bitcoin millionaires Smiley
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2116

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 05:00:03 PM

That's what Ochs did with the Times and Franklin did with Poor Richards' Almanac: Provide consistent quality information that you pay a subscription for. Hearst knew the value of shock crap news, thus came the "penny papers" where you only paid a penny but each day the news had to sell itself to your tastes. Thus salacious crap (Remember the Maine!)

Unfortunately on the Internet the penny paper model won (ad based articles) so the ones that make money are not based on accuracy but on salaciousness. In that world yes you have to research every news item to death.

Personally I prefer to outsource that to a reputable company. Sometimes even those reputable sources can be corrupted by ad revenue and shock jock crap (hello Wall Street Journal, what the fuck happened). And here we are....

I believe the dependence on advertising also affected things. When you lean almost copletely on advertising, your numbers become important at all costs. I believe most papers only charge to prevent people from using them for fuel (obviously not an issue with internet-based platforms).
Phil_S
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 05:24:26 PM

500 btc to 59k @stamp?? only 500...

'Only'?

500 btc is serious loot these days.

The Monley Fool just bragged they bought 100 btc. Smiley

Phil_S
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 05:25:12 PM

500 btc to 59k @stamp?? only 500...

'Only'?

500 btc is serious loot these days.

The Monley Fool just bragged they bought 100 btc. Smiley

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2021, 05:35:28 PM

do you remember on this worldwide COVID-19 crisis in 2020 and onwards?  Roll Eyes

there is a strong evidence from an research of an scientist of the University of Hamburg that the source is the Wuhan laboratory.

+++ 17:31 Hamburg researchers: there are indications that coronavirus comes from the laboratory +++

The Hamburg nanoscientist Roland Wiesendanger compiled various findings from scientific studies, articles, reports in social media and other sources in the period from January to December of last year and comes to the conclusion: The pathogen Sars-CoV-2 is not of natural origin, but comes from a laboratory in Wuhan. The physicist cites the following points as evidence for these theories:

• To date, no so-called intermediate host has been identified that proves according to the "zoonosis theory" that the coronaviruses were transmitted from bats to humans.
  • A research group at the virological institute in the city of Wuhan has carried out genetic manipulations on coronaviruses for many years with the aim of making them more contagious, dangerous and deadly for humans.
  • There were significant safety deficiencies in the virological institute in the city of Wuhan even before the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, which are documented.
  • Against the background of these and other factors, Wiesendanger writes: "In summary, it can be said that there are very many indications that a laboratory accident at the 'Wuhan Institute of Virology' appears to be by far the most likely cause of the corona pandemic."

You can read more about this shortly on ntv.de.

it took a whole year to collect all points for evidence:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/349302406_Studie_zum_Ursprung_der_Coronavirus-Pandemie
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 05:44:08 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

All bitcoins are welcome in my wallet and my nodes. I guess you could run a hacked node to block specific addresses, but man that would have to be picked up by a very large percentage of the network.

LukeJR hardcoded blacklists in his Knots node back in the day. I don't think it was widely adopted even when he slipped it into a major Linux distribution's repository. It also used tonal notation.

I still do not understand how going above $65k would cause this bull market to look more like 2013.  Are we saying that the first of two exponential price rises would come to an end, and then we would have a correction and another price rise.

Yeah, 2013 was also heavily influenced by the implosion of MtGox where for a long time, the only way to exit funds was to buy Bitcoin. Still a good year for those of use without money there though, I guess.

I may live to eat these words.. 

Each run is remembered by some characterization, event or fingerprint.  The run to 8 cents.. the run to a dollar... to 32, and so on... 

But what this run will be remembered by is, in my opinion is the domino effect caused by large investors finally getting the idea of what it is, and understanding the earlier they get in the better the return will be.  It will be bumpy, because bitcoin will "die" a few times along the way, but I think we will see a series of surges that will completely astonish the world.

It is a virtuous feedback loop.  And it is digital... so it is frictionless.

People are just starting to realize what this means.

It took me quite a while to understand "buy the dip". 

I really think that easy game is almost over...
Gatorelf

Activity: 845
Merit: 267

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 05:53:54 PM

New poll suggestion: how many days hours before we see a new ATH?

3 nano seconds
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 05:56:46 PM

It is a virtuous feedback loop.  And it is digital... so it is frictionless.

People are just starting to realize what this means.

It took me quite a while to understand "buy the dip". 

I really think that easy game is almost over...

What plenty of people do not realize or believe or can even imagine, is that bitcoin has a path going to $10m USD and beyond. It may take several years or decades, but it will get there.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 06:04:24 PM

do you remember on this worldwide COVID-19 crisis in 2020 and onwards?  Roll Eyes

there is a strong evidence from an research of an scientist of the University of Hamburg that the source is the Wuhan laboratory.

+++ 17:31 Hamburg researchers: there are indications that coronavirus comes from the laboratory +++

The Hamburg nanoscientist Roland Wiesendanger compiled various findings from scientific studies, articles, reports in social media and other sources in the period from January to December of last year and comes to the conclusion: The pathogen Sars-CoV-2 is not of natural origin, but comes from a laboratory in Wuhan. The physicist cites the following points as evidence for these theories:

• To date, no so-called intermediate host has been identified that proves according to the "zoonosis theory" that the coronaviruses were transmitted from bats to humans.
  • A research group at the virological institute in the city of Wuhan has carried out genetic manipulations on coronaviruses for many years with the aim of making them more contagious, dangerous and deadly for humans.
  • There were significant safety deficiencies in the virological institute in the city of Wuhan even before the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, which are documented.
  • Against the background of these and other factors, Wiesendanger writes: "In summary, it can be said that there are very many indications that a laboratory accident at the 'Wuhan Institute of Virology' appears to be by far the most likely cause of the corona pandemic."

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/349302406_Studie_zum_Ursprung_der_Coronavirus-Pandemie

Peer reviewed, no?
Wekkel
Legendary

Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 06:08:17 PM
Merited by Gyrsur (1)

This rhymes with the NYT article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/article/coronavirus-lab-escape-theory.html

The truth is already out there. The officials are just steadily ignoring it.
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2021, 06:11:19 PM

Peer reviewed, no?

not yet. it's brand new and not all is translated to English. give the scientific community some time and that will be the bomb for something we cannot imagine yet i guess.

EDIT: there was some evidence from other sources in the past too but I was cautious with my conclusion and confident the truth will come to the light sometimes in the future.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 06:22:37 PM

New poll incoming.

Old Poll:

lightfoot
Legendary

Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 06:29:26 PM

FULL DISCLOSURE: A sell order has been placed at a price target. Looking to officially take some profit to give us liquidity to start building on the land ASAP.

Well, you sold at 16.5k to free your love from slavery and the price since then has.... blown sky high. I fully support your selling again :-)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 06:39:19 PM

Peer reviewed, no?

not yet. it's brand new and not all is translated to English. give the scientific community some time and that will be the bomb for something we cannot imagine yet i guess.

EDIT: there was some evidence from other sources in the past too but I was cautious with my conclusion and confident the truth will come to the light sometimes in the future.

You mean that it didn't just randomly emerge from the outdoor bat-soup stand in the wet market down the street from the lab, that's been operating for decades?

What a shocker! /s  Roll Eyes

File this one into the trash bin marked "things that the masses will shove their heads in the sand and won't give a shit about investigating"
dieselmeister

Activity: 546
Merit: 290

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 06:39:23 PM

Maybe old news here...

https://twitter.com/DocumentingBTC/status/1362442341362110464?s=19
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2021, 06:42:00 PM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (2)

if you want to learn about Bayesian analysis this could be the starting point for you and me.  Grin

"A Bayesian analysis concludes beyond a reasonable doubt that SARS-CoV-2 is not a natural zoonosis but instead is laboratory derived."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-study-by-dr-steven-quay-concludes-that-sars-cov-2-came-from-a-laboratory-301217952.html

New Study Concludes Beyond a Reasonable Doubt that SARS-CoV-2 Came from a Laboratory
https://youtu.be/ATUtjvgT8iI
Pages: « 1 ... 28075 28076 28077 28078 28079 28080 28081 28082 28083 28084 28085 28086 28087 28088 28089 28090 28091 28092 28093 28094 28095 28096 28097 28098 28099 28100 28101 28102 28103 28104 28105 28106 28107 28108 28109 28110 28111 28112 28113 28114 28115 28116 28117 28118 28119 28120 28121 28122 28123 28124 [28125] 28126 28127 28128 28129 28130 28131 28132 28133 28134 28135 28136 28137 28138 28139 28140 28141 28142 28143 28144 28145 28146 28147 28148 28149 28150 28151 28152 28153 28154 28155 28156 28157 28158 28159 28160 28161 28162 28163 28164 28165 28166 28167 28168 28169 28170 28171 28172 28173 28174 28175 ... 33316 »
  Print  

Jump to: