May 04, 2024, 09:07:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28048 28049 28050 28051 28052 28053 28054 28055 28056 28057 28058 28059 28060 28061 28062 28063 28064 28065 28066 28067 28068 28069 28070 28071 28072 28073 28074 28075 28076 28077 28078 28079 28080 28081 28082 28083 28084 28085 28086 28087 28088 28089 28090 28091 28092 28093 28094 28095 28096 28097 [28098] 28099 28100 28101 28102 28103 28104 28105 28106 28107 28108 28109 28110 28111 28112 28113 28114 28115 28116 28117 28118 28119 28120 28121 28122 28123 28124 28125 28126 28127 28128 28129 28130 28131 28132 28133 28134 28135 28136 28137 28138 28139 28140 28141 28142 28143 28144 28145 28146 28147 28148 ... 33321 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371843 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2899

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 03:14:15 AM

That's quality shitposting, though. Don't worry is my advice  Grin
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 03:17:18 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2021, 03:46:47 AM by JayJuanGee

... Random rant and insults...
j

So fuck off and don't read my post.

Did someone die and put you in charge of my reading (and presumable posting) decisions?

Did you forget that you are posting on a public thread, dumbass?

If you want your dumbass ideas to be private, and if you want no one to respond to them, then maybe you should post them in some private location or create your own thread.. probably not too many people would read your nonsense if you had your own thread of your mostly unbaked and seemingly know it all ideas... which obviously you hardly know shit...

Who you think you are, that you can "order" here someone to leave the board.

I don't recall ordering you, but maybe I should try that:

Get the fuck out of here, diptwat dieselmeister!!!!!!!!!!

Did it work?  Probably not, but hey, for funzies, I tried.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Someone describe to me the situation without any insult.

I tried that, too... for several weeks I have been trying to work with you in regards to responding reasonable to your ongoing posting of stream of conscious, emotionalisms and premature ill-thought out posting nonsense, but you continue with it.

But  Big Jay Jay have to begin a rant 10h after I posted my stuff and someone gave a good explanation to it.

I did not realize that there was a time limit for when posts could respond to other posts.  That's a new one on me.  You feel that you are treated unfairly because the response came 10 hours later?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Without any insult.

You are likely reading insults, but instead it is an increased level of telling you that you are full of shit when you do not seem to get it when people talk nicely to you.  If people talk nicely to you, then you somehow believe that you had made some decently valid points, even though you had not.  

What is wrong with you, I have to ask.

You think that this is about me?  Get a grip, dieselmeister.  These are the interwebs, and not everyone is going to give you cookies and warm milk just for being you.  I know it kind of sucks, but that is the way thingie-ma-jiggies work, especially when you are spouting out nonsense and refusing to even consider your ongoing baloney.

Did you have some anger issues?

I always thought that I was a pretty nice guy, and even pretty tolerant, too... but hey, maybe my perspective is a wee bit skewed.  In regards to my interaction with you, it seems that I have been demonstrating quite a bit of patience with you, too... so there is that angle.

Seek help and try not to insult people here.

You are likely misreading what is going on, and unable to focus on substance because you are too focused upon how you might have been personally affected.  In the end, posts, including mine, are not meant to be personal.  They are meant to be substantive, but look at you, you made a whole post related to personal matters and failed/refused to even attempt to address my earlier post for its substance.. and surely there was substance there - and perhaps a bit of personal digs here and there because you likely deserve some personal digs due to your ongoing stubbornness.

Btw maybe you said something important, but I stop reading after the first insult.

Exactly.. shows that you are losing it, dieselmeister.  You likely need to step back a bit and try to focus on substance, because we are not tending to post about personalities in these here parts.. at least, not for the most part.

So your rant went into nothing.

I would not characterize it as a "rant," even if it may have had some strong language contained therein from time to time.  Strong language could have merely been considered as emphasis rather than devolving into emotional outbursts.  I don't get too emotional, even when it comes to kind daddy... even though price going up could make many of us a wee bit ccccittttteeeeee!!!!!!!

Or did you wanted to address other people's with that?

Just attempting to address ideas presented.. No need to read more into my posts than are actually there.. then you might be devolving into speculating about something that is not even part of the actual post(s).

Maybe you get some credit for insulting others

I doubt it.  People do not tend to appreciate too many arguments, at least those have been my experiences in these here parts.

, don't know,
Yes.  Surely you do not know.  You are just guessing... pure guessing.

but your Bla Bla didn't reach me,

That's too bad... poor you.. unable to absorbe some kinds of information because you become emotional while reading certain kinds of things that you do not like.

because you have no control over you emotions. I

I believe that I do have quite a bit of control over my emotions, and I doubt that there was very much emotion in my post towards you except the seeming emotions of my calling your various ideas dumb.  I would not characterize those as emotions, just attempts at descriptions.. and my posts should speak for themselves, anyhow, in terms of if there may have been some perceptions of emotions contained therein.  

I don't think so, and you think so.  So our opinions seem to differ, no?

j

Whine about non-existent BTC dumps (or shill altcoins) and get the JJG Slap.

This is the WO way  Grin

A much more succinct way of putting the matter.  You know I tend to have difficulties boiling myself down to such terseness. 

Sucks to be me.    Cry Cry Cry
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 03:17:48 AM

... 50k is being lined up for another pounding
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 03:27:32 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2021, 03:41:57 AM by JayJuanGee

As for how long one should HODL, the answer so far is 1335 days.

How long do you have to hold Bitcoin to make a 100% sure profit? According to my analysis it is 1335 days or 3 years and 8 months.

This is from someone who took price data for bitcoin and checked what is the longest from top peak to when it went over. So anyone who has HODL'd about 4 years, no matter when they bought it, would be in profit.

Sure you are correct historically about being in profits after 3.66 years or 4 years to be safe, but we know that history does not guarantee future results (you surely know that Dabs), even though we can use history as a reference point which may have been what you were trying to do, even though you seemed to suggest that there was some kind of assurance of such.. which I surely would not have gone that far.. which is also the reason for my response post.   Wink Wink

Tongue

(But for the love of god don't buy an expensive car with it, that's just stupid)

To be fair, if Bitcoin gets to 1M, I may buy an expensive car with it:)

I don't see anything wrong with buying an expensive car or various expensive cars, various expensive hookers and various expensive blow that you might not even consume but you pay for just for shits and giggles.

Sure when you are in an accumulation stage and maybe in a maintenance stage, then you want to make sure that your money is working for you in a variety of ways that you use it, but there likely comes a point that differs for each of us but still might have some objective considerations, and if you set a wealth accumulation target, but you end up exceeding such target by 2x, 5x, 10x, 50x, 100x.. at some point, you have way fucking too much money in terms of your wealth accumulation target(s), and it may well make a whole hell of a lot of sense to using some of your wealth of pure bullshit consumption, and in other words your wealth does not necessarily need to continue to work for you after a certain point when you are trying to consume it while it is coming in faster than you can even attempt to consume a small fraction of the overall wealth or even the new wealth that is coming in.

Don't read me wrong because I am not even proclaiming that you should not be prepared for draw downs, but I am suggesting that even accounting for draw downs or potential draw downs, you have already accounted for being way the fuck more rich than you have expected, so you likely should be figuring out ways to up your consumption whether it is depreciating goods or appreciating goods, but surely knowing the difference is also important.. but does not signify that decent amounts of your wealth might end up getting diverted into knowingly depreciating goods or immediately consumed goods.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 03:30:26 AM

... 1337 days to be precise, all 1337 hOdlerS know this
heslo

Activity: 1161
Merit: 943

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 03:34:35 AM

50k, today, let's do this!
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 03:54:00 AM

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2117

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 04:07:54 AM

Always make sure your house has a fireplace. Friend in Texas is -3 temps and no power. A miserable heat pump won't do squat in that case.

Heat pumps aren't very efficient in very cold temperatures anyway. Ours is dual fuel. Though that still doesn't help much when the power goes out. I need a generator with 240V. Last time we lost power, we used a little Mr Heater heater and an inverter for the electrics. The stove is gas too so that came in handy. We do have fireplaces but no clue when they were last used so I wouldn't dare use them without an inspection.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 04:11:28 AM

the police did not know of such a thing, they over-reacted in a big way.

The police typically know astonishingly little about the law. It's why it's best to shut up and comply and sort it out with a lawyer later. Not that I think it should be that way.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 04:13:51 AM

j

This is the WO way  Grin

Yeah... I know after 12h it's easy to say, there was nothing... After rebounce and the info that there was a long squeeze it's easy to rant and insult like a 10 year aggro kid. Clap clap clap... How awesome. Maybe he can also tell me the lottery numbers from last week.

As I recall, I was largely criticizing the ascribed purported certainties to your various nonsense.  I was not making my own predictions.  I don't tend to make my own predictions much beyond 50/50 (give or take 5%), but I do like to criticize folks who seem to want to ascribe too much certainties to various proclamations that they are making.. especially when they make them ongoingly, goofily and emotionally as you seem to continue to want to do..
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 04:16:07 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2021, 07:27:04 AM by sirazimuth

Get a room you two.....
( I think Jay likes you, Deezleman)

Cmon 50k you can do it!!
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 04:21:27 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2021, 04:32:25 AM by Richy_T

Sure.. in theory, taking out house money can be good in theory, especially if you are afraid about bitcoin's future performance or if you are afraid for your initial investment.. but jeez.. you can take out your initial investment way too damned soon and then screw ur lil selfie out of a whole hell of a lot of profits because you wanted to feel MOAR comfie.  I think that currently, my initial investment is about 1.5% of the value of my BTC.. something like that.  So the BTC price would have to go down to 98.5% to around $700 for my investment to be equal to the size of the value of BTC... Why even fucking bother pulling out the value of the investment just to feel comfie.. hardly makes sense to me, especially if you invested in such a way that you were NOT investing more than you can afford to lose.. but whatever, if that's what makes peeps more comfie, then go ahead.. and surely it makes more sense when you are up 60x or whatever because taking out the initial investment does not draw down the principle nor the whole investment very much, but it makes a whole hell of a lot less sense if you might only be 2x or 3x in profits or something like 10% to 30% or so in profits which would have been the paltry range of mindrust's profit status around $4,500, which seems to have been the point that you were making, xhomerx10... so you and I, xhomerx10, are making the same point in different words.. wall of text from me, and normal talk from ur lil selfie.   Tongue Tongue Tongue

This is true enough but if Bitcoin drops more than the gut-wrenching rollercoaster that we're used to, it's not going to be 98.5%, it's going to go to 0 because some protocol breaking bug or vulnerability will be found. I don't think it's likely but if it did, it's comforting to know I got something out of it already.

Anyhow "knowing better" is a frequent problem with gamblers, people relying on bad sources of information and dreamers.

No doubt. They also tend to over-emphasize their gains and discount their losses.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2021, 04:26:39 AM

j

This is the WO way  Grin

Yeah... I know after 12h it's easy to say, there was nothing... After rebounce and the info that there was a long squeeze it's easy to rant and insult like a 10 year aggro kid. Clap clap clap... How awesome. Maybe he can also tell me the lottery numbers from last week.

As I recall, I was largely criticizing the ascribed purported certainties to your various nonsense.  I was not making my own predictions.  I don't tend to make my own predictions much beyond 50/50 (give or take 5%), but I do like to criticize folks who seem to want to ascribe too much certainties to various proclamations that they are making.. especially when they make them ongoingly, goofily and emotionally as you seem to continue to want to do..

Let him have some fun bro.

Mean while we are touching new ATH. 50k is soooooo close.

My gut tells me that 50 will be breached and going to 60k will be really rapid.

As for taking some off the table I was able to do it I can now hodl the btc.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 04:28:33 AM

... hybrid are cute and maybe interesting but a bit dinky too tbh ... you can get a 8-10 kW cummins diesel generator AND a RAM 6.7l cummins diesel turbo 4x4 truck for the same money  Grin Grin Cheesy

For using the inverter, my car has a big sized battery so we just ran it off of that. If the battery would have got too low, I would have just jumped it off my wife's car and let it charge up. Fortunately, the roads were usable fairly quickly, they just took a long time to reconnect our electricity (Due to some weird circumstance, we were the only one on our street on the broken circuit and they were repairing in order of number of people affected).
macson

Activity: 1008
Merit: 141

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 04:33:38 AM

And awayyyy we go.

https://twitter.com/WSBChairman/status/1361485382861414405

Don't you know....pump it up Cool
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 04:35:51 AM

{...snip...}
I hope there is one last push over $50k. But I would not be surprised if we reached the top for this cycle.

Elwar, bro, what are you smoking?

We’re still early in this bull cycle, I’d estimate that the price will treble from here.

I certainly hope so. I did the sale years ago so as they say...don't let emotions play a role in your trades. It's certainly not a significant amount, but so many of the charts put us exactly where we are today years ago ($50-$60k range).

Which is awesome because the charts looking into the next 4 years are pretty amazing.

You seem to be looking at the wrong charts, or you 4-year cycle seems to be starting and ending at the wrong spot..

but whatever, do what you like. 

You've been warned.

But we all know the other signs that we need to keep in mind...how many old friends that you haven't talked to in years are contacting you asking about some random shitcoin? How many people talking about $100k-$200k prices "soon".

Yes.. those kinds of indicators can be misleading, so hopefully you are not using that kind of bullshit to help you into determining a purported current "top"

I do believe that in the next few years we will never need to sell again. We'll just be using our bitcoin.

Fair enough.  You gotta do what you gotta do.  (even if it appears wrong to many of the rest of us... royal we, of course)

Get room you two.....
( I think Jay likes you, Deezleman)

That's one way of putting it... no homo

infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 04:53:38 AM

New poll!

Old Poll:

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 05:02:35 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2021, 05:16:15 AM by JayJuanGee

Fiat assets seem more risky that fiat, the stock market in particular.

... you're confused, "fiat assets" are those monetary debt notes issued by central banks and backed up governmental fiat decree, e.g. US Fed. Res. debt promissory notes, Euros, Yen, Pounds "sterling", Yuan, AUD, NZD and on and on ... actually it's questionable whether they are actually assets but rather classed as  liabilities since they are issued as debts against society

... fiat-denominated assets like stocks, bonds, commodities, property can be anything you want to value in fiat (a risky idea now)

... you can denominate any asset in any other asset, just because stocks are now somehow linked to the central bank fiats, inside their prison-casino financial pyramid schemes, does not mean those asset are forever beholden to fiat ... this is the mind-prison part of the fiat deception

... eventually many assets will be denominated in BTC, MegaWatts for BTC, oil for BTC, Gold for BTC, houses for BTC, Teslas for BTC (wait already have it), Booty for BTC, food for BTC, you get the picture.

... shake your head out of the fiat mind-prison

Had to laugh at this one, Marcus.. .

good one

touché

New poll!

>>>When do you plan to start "taking profits" in fiat?<<<

Something seems to be wrong with the answers of the poll because it presumes all or nothing kinds of behaviors... and sure there are probably a considerable number of folks who are planning a BTC price point to cash out a significant amount of their BTC.. but there may be some who cash out small amounts along the way, such as yours truly and who is therefore considering that there might not be any need to cash out BIG chunks, and there are perhaps others who don't really know when they are going to cash out, and they are considering a kind of "I'll know it when I see it" approach, that may or may not end up working out very well.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 05:05:42 AM

I am not a "technical trader" (in fact, I try not to speculate at all, other than buying in pieces while low, selling when high).  But there is a "Quadruple Top" threatening, albeit slightly increasing (1 month chart).  A guy I know insists that technical trading is the way to go, I have my doubts, but he told me years ago that the "the cranky old timer down at the end of the hall" (at a brokerage) ALWAYS started out looking at "fundamentals" then gradually found himself transitioning to technical...

Well, some of the technical traders growl that "There is no such thing as a Quadruple Top".  To me that would mean either:

1)   BTC price FAILS (falls) from it's near $50k price, just before completing the formation

or

2)  BTC smashes right through on its way up.

If there's anything to this notion to quadruple tops/quadruple bottoms, I suppose we will know soon.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12035

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 05:19:48 AM

Today might be the day the the price of one full BTC will reach 50K

Close call.
Pages: « 1 ... 28048 28049 28050 28051 28052 28053 28054 28055 28056 28057 28058 28059 28060 28061 28062 28063 28064 28065 28066 28067 28068 28069 28070 28071 28072 28073 28074 28075 28076 28077 28078 28079 28080 28081 28082 28083 28084 28085 28086 28087 28088 28089 28090 28091 28092 28093 28094 28095 28096 28097 [28098] 28099 28100 28101 28102 28103 28104 28105 28106 28107 28108 28109 28110 28111 28112 28113 28114 28115 28116 28117 28118 28119 28120 28121 28122 28123 28124 28125 28126 28127 28128 28129 28130 28131 28132 28133 28134 28135 28136 28137 28138 28139 28140 28141 28142 28143 28144 28145 28146 28147 28148 ... 33321 »
  Print  

Jump to: