May 05, 2024, 06:06:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29123 29124 29125 29126 29127 29128 29129 29130 29131 29132 29133 29134 29135 29136 29137 29138 29139 29140 29141 29142 29143 29144 29145 29146 29147 29148 29149 29150 29151 29152 29153 29154 29155 29156 29157 29158 29159 29160 29161 29162 29163 29164 29165 29166 29167 29168 29169 29170 29171 29172 [29173] 29174 29175 29176 29177 29178 29179 29180 29181 29182 29183 29184 29185 29186 29187 29188 29189 29190 29191 29192 29193 29194 29195 29196 29197 29198 29199 29200 29201 29202 29203 29204 29205 29206 29207 29208 29209 29210 29211 29212 29213 29214 29215 29216 29217 29218 29219 29220 29221 29222 29223 ... 33325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372467 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1703

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2021, 07:44:06 PM

I've noticed the volatility of BTC used to be way scarier than this in the past. However I am seeing some eerily similiar patterns from 2018. Market Cap drop to $1T soon?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 08:12:49 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2021, 08:26:48 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

I've noticed the volatility of BTC used to be way scarier than this in the past. However I am seeing some eerily similiar patterns from 2018. Market Cap drop to $1T soon?

https://i.ibb.co/n8TkLQK/Unbenannt.png

Oh my.

Are you suggesting DOWNity from here?

Your arrows on that chart are pointing DOWNity, and seems to me that there had been a lot of people suggesting that $64,895 was the top, but after our dip to $28,600 and thereafter our recent recovery into the $46ks, the opinions have been converting into "the bottom is in"...

Though maybe you are a holdout who prefers to go contrary to the opinions of the masses (refering to masses of bitcoiners), no?.

Seems to me (and surely many of the regular normie bitcoiner peeps, including in this thread) have been considering that we are more in a kind of 2017 price-pattern location.. maybe even around mid-2017.. or maybe more like a middle of 2013 pattern (that would suggest only a mere 4x to 5x more from the recent top of $64,895) rather than anywhere resembling a 2018 pattern, yet I am not proclaiming to be any kind of real expert, soothsayer nor to have wisdom of the crowds to validate the point.. but maybe also the various seemingly credible BTC price prediction models seem to be backing a claim that the top is not in, yet?

Are you using leverage to back up your hunches goldkingcoiner in order that you will more quickly convert ur lil selfie from a coiner to a gold-nocoiner?  80x works sometimes, right?

Edited post prior to seeing goldkingcoiner's below response.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2021, 08:25:02 PM

-snip-  

Oh my.

Your arrows on that chart are pointing DOWNity.

Seems to me (and surely many others in this thread) that we are more in a kind of 2017 price pattern location rather than anywhere resembling a 2018 pattern, yet I am not claiming to be any kind of expert.

Are you using leverage to back up your hunches goldkingcoiner in order that you will more quickly convert ur lil selfie from a coiner to a gold-nocoiner?  80x works sometimes,
right?

DOWNity as in a correction and then sideways plateu of $1T market cap for a while? I think so. Get ready for the boring days after the dip.

No, I am not leveraging a long term position. Not even at 1.1x. I'm not an idiot. Roll Eyes Just a trader and a gambler. First I make money, then I lose it. Living life like a king.

Edit: The top may or may not be in yet. But Im talking about the pattern. I never said anything about us being at the top.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 08:35:20 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2021, 08:45:47 PM by JayJuanGee

-snip-  

Oh my.

Seems to me (and surely many others in this thread) that we are more in a kind of 2017 price pattern location rather than anywhere resembling a 2018 pattern, yet I am not claiming to be any kind of expert.

Are you using leverage to back up your hunches goldkingcoiner in order that you will more quickly convert ur lil selfie from a coiner to a gold-nocoiner?  80x works sometimes,
right?

DOWNity as in a correction and then sideways plateu of $1T market cap for a while? I think so. Get ready for the boring days after the dip.

What you are supplementarily describing in this post does not seem seem to fit into any kind of 2018 pattern.  Do you even bitcoin?  Were you even here in 2018?

I am not even saying that what you are suggesting might not happen, but you still seem to be implying that the $64,895 top is in.. are you saying that?

No, I am not leveraging a long term position. Not even at 1.1x. I'm not an idiot. Roll Eyes Just a trader and a gambler. First I make money, then I lose it. Living life like a king.

Nothing wrong with trading, and surely leveraging can magnify an already dumb point of view, if you are sticking with your point of view and even if you were to be selling a large portion of your coins in order to play your point of view that may be 50/50 odds of playing out, at best... but whatever, do what you are going to do, and I have known quite a few gamblers who have fucked up their lives by NOT playing more prudent strategies, but whatever, if you believe that you have good odds for betting on DOWNity from here, the so be it.. you may well get it right, but I should not place your odds at any better than 50/50 and hopefully you would know better to buy back in a reasonable time.. but the fact that you are selling in these prices probably shows that you are not too attached to the concept of reasonable.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Edit: The top may or may not be in yet. But Im talking about the pattern. I never said anything about us being at the top.

Saw this additional point after writing my above response, and sure... I say "fair enough" to that way of looking at the matter, but at the same time, I find no need to change any further of my above response.

Also PS, I just noticed that you changed my name, you childish little dweeb (soon to be whining no coiner).. and I remember how sensitive you had been in some earlier posts when peeps in this here thread had been making fun of your name.. hahahahaha... you are showing that you deserve to be made fun of, even if you did happen to make a killing on 80x leverage, one time... at least, that's what you told us.  You are an irresponsible role model who deserves a batslap for being duuuuuuuuummmmbbbbb.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

#justpointing it out

goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2021, 08:45:25 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2021, 08:57:06 PM by goldkingcoiner

-snip-  

Oh my.

right?

What you are supplementarily describing in this post does not seem seem to fit into any kind of 2018 pattern.  Do you even bitcoin?  Were you even here in 2018?

I am not even saying that what you are suggesting might not happen, but you still seem to be implying that the $64,895 top is in.. are you saying that?

Nothing wrong with trading, and surely leveraging can magnify an already dumb point of view, if you are sticking with your point of view and even if you were to be selling a large portion of your coins in order to play your point of view that may be 50/50 odds of playing out, at best... but whatever, do what you are going to do, and I have known quite a few gamblers who have fucked up their lives by NOT playing more prudent strategies, but whatever, if you believe that you have good odds for betting on DOWNity from here, the so be it.. you may well get it right, but I should not place your odds at any better than 50/50 and hopefully you would know better to buy back in a reasonable time.. but the fact that you are selling in these prices probably shows that you are not too attached to the concept of reasonable.

Saw this additional point after writing my above response, and sure... I say "fair enough" to that way of looking at the matter, but at the same time, I find no need to change any further of my above response.

Also, I see that you changed my name, you childish little dweeb.. and I remember how sensitive you had been in some earlier posts when peeps herein were making fun of your name.. hahahahaha... you are showing that you deserve to be made fun of, even if you did happen to make a killing on 80x leverage, one time... at least, that's what you told us.

I also never said I was selling but ok. I seem to have hit your bearish nerve. Roll Eyes

Edit: that 80x thing was a happy accident, if you remember...

OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3004

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 08:48:39 PM

My experience: You can only be worried about money if you have money you don't want to lose, for any reason.
No money, no worries (about money).
No woman, no cry.

Money well gives you security, which again, is not happiness. Well, maybe happiness is sometimes dependent on security. But it's not the same at all.

You have to realize that your personal experience does not apply to the whole population.
You might not get happier if you get rich, but the majority of people do, as shown by science, and me.

In this one you are simply wrong I'm afraid.

Still, it's not the money that makes you happier. It are the things it buys you, aren't they?
So i stand by my point, people get happier if they get rich, because they know how money makes them able to buy things that make them happy.
BUT many things make you happy only for a short time. So people want "more happy", buy more things. The old supercar isn't super anymore? No problem, buy a new one. Enjoy it until you see the next, even more super supercar. The moment you know there is a better one you want to have, you're unhappy (about still having the old one).

Not sure about this. Wasn't freedom what we were looking for? The "fuck you" level?

There's a lot of unseen continuous costs coming with "things", be it a house, a car, a laptop or a TV: taxes, storage room, subscriptions, memberships, repair and maintenance etc.

Buying more things is not the right way of maintaining fuck you level, mate.

After all this hodling and determination for years and years to get this virtual money running, are you really going to find happiness in spending your profits on material stuff? Not saying you're wrong or right, only that I have other plans.

(FYI if I'm not mistaken, the true meaning of "No woman no cry" is actually "No woman, don't cry")

Absolutely right imo.
I actually don't believe that things make people happier, i just presented an explanation of a common misinterpretation (of money making people happy) to Arrie.
So, freedom from money and from the need to earn-to-survive also creates happiness. This is closing the circle for me. Thanks for pointing to the freedom aspect.

On "no woman"... From Patwah (Patois) it would be valid to be interpreted as "no woman, don't cry", too. Too bad Bob (Marley) can't be asked anymore about this.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 08:51:44 PM

[edited out]

I also never said I was selling but ok. I seem to have hit your bearish nerve. Roll Eyes

You did not hit any nerve of mine.. ...

We are engaging in a discussion, you wannabe dumb twat.

Now, if you start pumping some shitcoin.. beyond your seeming to cherish the USD, then I may well get a weeeeeeee bit MOAR worked up, but we don't seem to be there, yet.

Let's see how ur lil downity prediction plays out and the supposed story switching fact that you did not sell any lillie fiends.. nor fail to pee pare ur lil selfie sufficiently for the UPpity that has decently good odds of happening... by the way, I change my previous acceptance of 50/50 to more likely 51/49 (or some other variation that favors UPpity) because if we are in a bull market  (which seems that we are) the odds of UPpity tend to be greater than the odds of DOWNity, yet I will concede that largely (besides our seemingly currently valid BTC price prediction models) we cannot really know for sure whether or not we are in a bull market until after the fact.

Another Edit from me:
Yes.. I recall the seeming circumstances of such post.  

At this point, you are just seeming to be in a combative mood, so seems to be fair game to combat with you a wee bit about your historical fame points as well, no?  - to throw it in as bonus discussion points.  Wink Wink

Further Edit - you just keep adding to your above post:

hahahahaha

This is another sign that you are having difficulties containing ur feewwings on the interwebs...   which was the same thingie-ma-jiggie that I recall you pulling when people had been making fun of your user name a ways back... such as referring to you as PMqueennocoiner... hahahaha
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Merit: 3004

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 08:57:33 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

There is something that seems quite correct about what you are saying friends1980.

Seems to be a lot of generalizations when people are proclaiming that money is not going to bring happiness, and sure maybe many of us do not really know what we want, for example.

For sure there are a decent number of advantages in having a job, and getting some status and connection through having a job, and so some of us may well get to fuck you status, but not know what to do with our independence.

There's a lot of unseen continuous costs coming with "things", be it a house, a car, a laptop or a TV: taxes, storage room, subscriptions, memberships, repair and maintenance etc.

If we worked much of our lives and we maintained a kind of lifestyle, we should realize how much money we need to flow in order to maintain our previous lifestyle, but if all of a sudden, we no longer are tied down geographically because we do not have the job that ties us down, then surely those kinds of new factors could screw up our perceptions regarding some of the ongoing expenses that we would have after reaching fuck you status.. and so perhaps some recalculating and reconsidering might have to take place and those kinds of recalculations and reconsiderations might bring unhappiness of having to realize that it still takes some work to be able to manage funds and prepare to be able to sip piña colatas on the son of a beach.

For sure, there can be some satisfaction to be able to buy whatever you want.. but surely point taken about merely buying a bunch of things might not be enough to provide satisfaction/happiness in and of itself.

After all this hodling and determination for years and years to get this virtual money running, are you really going to find happiness in spending your profits on material stuff? Not saying you're wrong or right, only that I have other plans.

I bet that many of us here will end up attempting some kind of transition into richie status and to learn richie status, presuming that there are a decent amount of us who become quite a bit MOAR better off because of our involvement and ongoing involvement in bitcoin.

Sure, there can be problems with getting too richie too quickly, which might also cause some confusion in regards to cashing out too many BTC too soon and therefore valuing too much wealth in terms of fiat and realizing that there might not be a lot of good places to put such wealth.. so there are surely likely to be a quite a few variations regarding how richie status is treated whether already having had gotten to a kind of richie status or even getting closer to richie status and realizing along the way that some changes (improvements) are likely on the way.. or "in progress."

Some of us are already expressing some of our various ways of having more material satisfaction and even satisfaction of having more time to do what we want, whether relaxing or spending time with hookers, lambos and blow... not that we necessarily tell all of our sordid details on all wealth enjoyment topics.

Refined version:
We've generally not been educated on how to use money to make us happy.
"money makes people happy" is a very shortie abstract of the whole story.
But yes, money can buy freedom, which is a good ground for happiness.
(Well, you can be in jail and happy. I actually know people that don't do well in society and feel well to be in jail, which makes them try hard to get back in once they are "free" again, every time).

(FYI if I'm not mistaken, the true meaning of "No woman no cry" is actually "No woman, don't cry")

I have noticed as well that women do cry sometimes, at least the human ones.

You mean "No woman! don't cry!"?
Other possibility:
"No woman? Don't cry!"

Huh

Fucking inaudible punctuation!  Undecided
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2021, 09:00:57 PM

[edited out]

Now, if you start pumping some shitcoin.. beyond your seeming to cherish the USD, then I may well get a weeeeeeee bit MOAR worked up, but we don't seem to be there, yet.

Let's see how ur lil downity prediction plays out and the supposed story switching fact that you did not sell any lillie fiends.. nor fail to pee pare ur lil selfie sufficiently for the UPpity that has decently good odds of happening... by the way, I change my previous acceptance of 50/50 to more likely 51/49 (or some other variation that favors UPpity) because if we are in a bull market  (which seems that we are) the odds of UPpity tend to be greater than the odds of DOWNity, yet I will concede that largely (besides our seemingly currently valid BTC price prediction models) we cannot really know for sure whether or not we are in a bull market until after the fact.

Another Edit from me:

At this point, you are just seeming to be in a combative mood, so seems to be fair game to combat with you a wee bit about your historical fame points as well, no?  - to throw it in as bonus discussion points.  Wink Wink

I never should have mentioned the 80x thing honestly. Now I'll get kidnapped by some large hairy Serbian man named Natalia, and he won't believe me that im just a clumsy trader with a gambling addiction Sad
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 09:01:35 PM

Explanation
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 2896

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 09:05:13 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

If we apply that to bitcoin then every living person would get about 0.00265822 BTC

Interesting... ok from here on my soma logic takes gear so buckle up...!!!

So what if we all are dealing in BTC by then, that means..

0.00265822 BTC = $56,000 and

1BTC  = $21,066,729 woah....!!!!!

Did I just put Hal Fenny's $10 million per coin estimation to shame?

Edit:
It can get slightly higher since Hal estimated using 20 million bitcoins and I'm still count all 21 million bitcoins.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 09:12:02 PM

[edited out]

Another Edit from me:

I never should have mentioned the 80x thing honestly. Now I'll get kidnapped by some large hairy Serbian man named Natalia, and he won't believe me that im just a clumsy trader with a gambling addiction Sad

I will vouch for your irresponsible and seemingly vacuous character, so in that regard, I am quite confident that you already gambled away any kinds of meaningful returns (beyond having the story) that you had gotten on your 80x leverage.

Tongue Tongue Tongue
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2021, 09:19:13 PM

[edited out]

Another Edit from me:

I will vouch for your irresponsible and seemingly vacuous character, so in that regard, I am quite confident that you already gambled away any kinds of meaningful returns (beyond having the story) that you had gotten on your 80x leverage.

Tongue Tongue Tongue

Yes...I have no coin.. Or Fiat. This is the full, unamendable truth. Nothing more. Ignore the sound of me predicting the summer dip. It will sound something like the clapping of cheeks. Specifically, the cheeks of [insert name of most beloved family member here].  Kiss Tongue
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 09:31:31 PM

[edited out]

Another Edit from me:

Tongue Tongue Tongue

Yes...I have no coin.. Or Fiat. This is the full, unamendable truth. Nothing more. Ignore the sound of me predicting the summer dip. It will sound something like the clapping of cheeks. Specifically, the cheeks of [insert name of most beloved family member here].  Kiss Tongue

Well, I am glad that you are not putting your whole stash of 0.0158 BTC at risk merely based on your likely to be nonsense hunches, inclinations and seeming confusion regarding betting against a likely bull market.   Wink Wink
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4162

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 09:42:04 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2021, 11:03:28 PM by AlcoHoDL
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Toxic2040 (1)

Some great posts lately, from the fine resident WOers! Even WOsMerits are not enough. Great prediction/number-crunching post, Jay.

Some Tin Foil HatTM posts too... Well, can't escape those, in fact they add the all-important fun element that makes that special WO sauce, together with the Llama and the reeeeeee guy.

Far too busy lately, doing some very interesting but very demanding work that requires a lot of concentration. Only skimming through the posts, checking the merits to select the best ones to read.

If only Bitcoin joined the fun and gave us some serious non-ant UPpity, that would be awesome. Not that I'm complaining. Not at all. Price is very healthy right now. It's just that the excitement of ATHs coming one after another is something every WOer craves I'm sure [insert machine gun smashing prices meme here]. Another ATH in 2021 would be great, and breaking $100k would be truly awesome. I'm pretty positive that at least one of the two will happen.

Onwards & upwards.

HoDL.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 09:47:36 PM

My experience: You can only be worried about money if you have money you don't want to lose, for any reason.
No money, no worries (about money).
No woman, no cry.

Money well gives you security, which again, is not happiness. Well, maybe happiness is sometimes dependent on security. But it's not the same at all.

You have to realize that your personal experience does not apply to the whole population.
You might not get happier if you get rich, but the majority of people do, as shown by science, and me.

In this one you are simply wrong I'm afraid.

Still, it's not the money that makes you happier. It are the things it buys you, aren't they?
So i stand by my point, people get happier if they get rich, because they know how money makes them able to buy things that make them happy.
BUT many things make you happy only for a short time. So people want "more happy", buy more things. The old supercar isn't super anymore? No problem, buy a new one. Enjoy it until you see the next, even more super supercar. The moment you know there is a better one you want to have, you're unhappy (about still having the old one).

Not sure about this. Wasn't freedom what we were looking for? The "fuck you" level?

Absolutely right imo.
I actually don't believe that things make people happier, i just presented an explanation of a common misinterpretation (of money making people happy) to Arrie.
So, freedom from money and from the need to earn-to-survive also creates happiness. This is closing the circle for me. Thanks for pointing to the freedom aspect.

On "no woman"... From Patwah (Patois) it would be valid to be interpreted as "no woman, don't cry", too. Too bad Bob (Marley) can't be asked anymore about this.

It's not a misinterpretation, its the honest to god truth, money DOES make you happy!! It's that simple.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 10:01:25 PM

Explanation
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 10:12:12 PM

What If has been ruined...that is all.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 10:36:36 PM

Pop culture is imploding right now. The only hope for existing IPs is that they can pass under the radar until sanity returns.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 10:39:52 PM

Pop culture is imploding right now. The only hope for existing IPs is that they can pass under the radar until sanity returns.

On the bright side I can probably sell all of them I've had since release for a mint.
Pages: « 1 ... 29123 29124 29125 29126 29127 29128 29129 29130 29131 29132 29133 29134 29135 29136 29137 29138 29139 29140 29141 29142 29143 29144 29145 29146 29147 29148 29149 29150 29151 29152 29153 29154 29155 29156 29157 29158 29159 29160 29161 29162 29163 29164 29165 29166 29167 29168 29169 29170 29171 29172 [29173] 29174 29175 29176 29177 29178 29179 29180 29181 29182 29183 29184 29185 29186 29187 29188 29189 29190 29191 29192 29193 29194 29195 29196 29197 29198 29199 29200 29201 29202 29203 29204 29205 29206 29207 29208 29209 29210 29211 29212 29213 29214 29215 29216 29217 29218 29219 29220 29221 29222 29223 ... 33325 »
  Print  

Jump to: