April 30, 2024, 05:18:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29974 29975 29976 29977 29978 29979 29980 29981 29982 29983 29984 29985 29986 29987 29988 29989 29990 29991 29992 29993 29994 29995 29996 29997 29998 29999 30000 30001 30002 30003 30004 30005 30006 30007 30008 30009 30010 30011 30012 30013 30014 30015 30016 30017 30018 30019 30020 30021 30022 30023 [30024] 30025 30026 30027 30028 30029 30030 30031 30032 30033 30034 30035 30036 30037 30038 30039 30040 30041 30042 30043 30044 30045 30046 30047 30048 30049 30050 30051 30052 30053 30054 30055 30056 30057 30058 30059 30060 30061 30062 30063 30064 30065 30066 30067 30068 30069 30070 30071 30072 30073 30074 ... 33308 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26369755 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12018

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
January 18, 2022, 10:08:14 PM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10188

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 18, 2022, 10:08:40 PM

BTC trading at 2x since the ath of 2017
Pretty pathetic price performance if you ask me, especially for the long term holders

Yes.  $40k bitcoin is such a huge disappointment.  Roll Eyes

That ''lame'' 2x made me retired from beeing a slavewager.

Hahahahaha

That's another way of putting it.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
January 18, 2022, 10:16:24 PM

Hi guys
I'm feeling better now.
I don't know if it was my arthritis acting up or if I had Omicron I had muscle and joint aches, headache, slept a lot and had nightly sweatings/hot/cold kind of thing. and that's symptoms that fit both. I also had my knee swelling up again so I had to go to the hospital and empty it and get a cortisone shot, that helped and I also got better over all after that. but in time that would coincide with when a covid infection would be over-ish.
I got bad on January first and didn't feel alright until three days ago.
Had no loss of smell though and no cough to speak of, just a little, so I don't know what I had, but I feel good now.
I will probably not bother to read the backlog, is there anything important I have missed?

Nice to read good news from you again, Arrie!
They didn't check for Covid at the hospital? Strange...
Did you try organic sulphur (MSM) combined with Vitamin C and Glucosamine?
It's pretty effective against swelling and pain in light to moderate cases, i also experienced stronger hair growth after taking MSM for a few weeks.
At start, you could get serious bloating and headache, unless you slowly ramp up the MSM dosage from 1/8g to 1g (double the initial dose every third day) and drink a lot of water. I mean 2-4 liters per day, your body will crave for it, believe me Smiley
Read it up. It's safe unless you don't go over 2g/day or more. Some do 6g daily for a short while and didn't have any problems.

The backlog: We're in the dip of the dip of the dip. I am mainly reading WO since Christmas, came to posting less because of more private reasons, less free time after all.

No, no checks at the hospital any more, I think they don't take it that seriously any more, they do make you wear a mask inside the hospital though, the only place I have been to that has a mask mandate.
They did tell me when we made small talk that many of their doctors and nurses were in self quarantine at home because of Omicron, a lot of them had had the earlier version of covid and were triple vaccinated.
So it seems omicron is spreading like wildfire to everyone regardless of earlier immunization.

And it looks like the parliament is about to take away the governments temporary right to impose restrictions, they want to prolong it for another four months, but the parliament has let it be known that they will only approve a two month prolonging.
And then I guess it's over, at least in Sweden.

I have tried Glucosamine only, but I can't say it had any noticeable effect. I do have an open prescription for Prednisolon (a cortisone) and I use it to suppress my inflammation if it gets really bad, it works very well but I have to use it sparsely, it is not good for your body in the long run.

FFP2 (N95) Masks worn correctly turned out to be the most effective against Omicron infection. I got quite a fan of carragene nasal sprays, which is an extract from algae, that in turn decreases the viral load and docking capability of sars2 viruses in upper respiraory tract tissues. It's replicating mainly in these tissues, not in the deeper lung tissue, unlike the preceding sars2 variants. So vaccines aren't building up early immune response antibodies and t-cells that are in/on these tissues, that's why the work poorly against infection (put simple).

We have full retard covid politics here at the moment, with vaccination mandates, signing off violation of parts of the EU-GDPR when you get vaccinated, to share all your health data with various national and political institutions, automatically processed, personal health data, that is.
I currently look at my motherland as a failing state, covid politics wise. I shoudl post an update to the COVID thread, soon.

Glucosamine (and Collagenes) has to be taken for a couple of weeks to start showing effects, when isolated, afair. There are also nutritional co-dependencies (vit C, afair).
Since glucosamine is chemically similar to fructose, i could not take it too long because of the side effects in my particular case. Generally it is quite well tolerated by everybody not having a problem with fructose (and co.)...

Cortisone depletes calcium quite agressively, you should always supplement that along with K2 and Vitamin-D, up to 200% RDA while taking moderate doses of cortisone.
I use it rarely and sparingly, when my bowel gives me hell every few years.

Been thinking a bit, now that European countries are starting to to give up and say "fuck it, Covid is just another flu infection from now on", how are countries like China and New Zealand going to cope with that?
Are they going to stay in self isolation for ever?
They have to accept reality at some point and let the virus in.

Not here. They want to let Omicron in WITH everybody and his dog getting vaccinated on top. They fucked up a few times now already, they fear nothing more than fucking up another time.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7816

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2022, 10:26:03 PM

Been thinking a bit, now that European countries are starting to to give up and say "fuck it, Covid is just another flu infection from now on", how are countries like China and New Zealand going to cope with that?

And they now have the advantage of:

A] anti - viral drugs work against it.
B] time to have built a stock pile of anti viral drugs
C] they had time to max everyone

So let it rip.

Lets see how they do in about 1 years time.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
January 18, 2022, 10:26:29 PM

Unless they know something about covid we don't. And I don't mean New Zealand.
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2022, 10:34:29 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

China's Property Sector Is Crashing Again And This Time It Has Reached The Country's Biggest Developer
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/chinas-property-sector-crashing-again-and-time-it-has-reached-countrys-biggest-developer
Check.

2. Wealthy investors and hedge funds with insider knowledge will start front running these events, buying up Bitcoin starting Dec 2021 and resuming first week of January 2022. They likely already know what is coming and are front running it now.
Check? Happening already? OTC of course, so it won't be noticed until much later.

3. To further fuel the fire, we could finally see a new U.S. Bitcoin ETF in Q1/Q2 of 2022. (this already happened Dec 2021)
Check.

5. China will of course retaliate by shutting down all onshore crypto exchanges, popping the Bitcoin bubble. Once again.  Roll Eyes
Check.

Oh well, wait, they just banned their citizens to use those services, right? Some exchanges are still working with the foreigners, I think. But it's a work in progress - right?

The bears will then take over.
Uh-uh. Could this step be avoided, pretty-please?

China PBOC will then print yuan like a mofo and bail out any and all Chinese property developers.
Let them print yuan into oblivion. We already had a decade of Chinese cheap goods, and more or less can deal with that. I'd go as far as saying we are dependent on that.

4. We could see a new Bitcoin ATH and blow off top come mid year 2022.
This is the best in the bunch. Waiting for a big fat check mark on this one Smiley
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
January 18, 2022, 10:36:12 PM

Hi guys
I'm feeling better now.
I don't know if it was my arthritis acting up or if I had Omicron I had muscle and joint aches, headache, slept a lot and had nightly sweatings/hot/cold kind of thing. and that's symptoms that fit both. I also had my knee swelling up again so I had to go to the hospital and empty it and get a cortisone shot, that helped and I also got better over all after that. but in time that would coincide with when a covid infection would be over-ish.
I got bad on January first and didn't feel alright until three days ago.
Had no loss of smell though and no cough to speak of, just a little, so I don't know what I had, but I feel good now.
I will probably not bother to read the backlog, is there anything important I have missed?

Nice to read good news from you again, Arrie!
They didn't check for Covid at the hospital? Strange...
Did you try organic sulphur (MSM) combined with Vitamin C and Glucosamine?
It's pretty effective against swelling and pain in light to moderate cases, i also experienced stronger hair growth after taking MSM for a few weeks.
At start, you could get serious bloating and headache, unless you slowly ramp up the MSM dosage from 1/8g to 1g (double the initial dose every third day) and drink a lot of water. I mean 2-4 liters per day, your body will crave for it, believe me Smiley
Read it up. It's safe unless you don't go over 2g/day or more. Some do 6g daily for a short while and didn't have any problems.

The backlog: We're in the dip of the dip of the dip. I am mainly reading WO since Christmas, came to posting less because of more private reasons, less free time after all.

No, no checks at the hospital any more, I think they don't take it that seriously any more, they do make you wear a mask inside the hospital though, the only place I have been to that has a mask mandate.
They did tell me when we made small talk that many of their doctors and nurses were in self quarantine at home because of Omicron, a lot of them had had the earlier version of covid and were triple vaccinated.
So it seems omicron is spreading like wildfire to everyone regardless of earlier immunization.

And it looks like the parliament is about to take away the governments temporary right to impose restrictions, they want to prolong it for another four months, but the parliament has let it be known that they will only approve a two month prolonging.
And then I guess it's over, at least in Sweden.

I have tried Glucosamine only, but I can't say it had any noticeable effect. I do have an open prescription for Prednisolon (a cortisone) and I use it to suppress my inflammation if it gets really bad, it works very well but I have to use it sparsely, it is not good for your body in the long run.

FFP2 (N95) Masks worn correctly turned out to be the most effective against Omicron infection. I got quite a fan of carragene nasal sprays, which is an extract from algae, that in turn decreases the viral load and docking capability of sars2 viruses in upper respiraory tract tissues. It's replicating mainly in these tissues, not in the deeper lung tissue, unlike the preceding sars2 variants. So vaccines aren't building up early immune response antibodies and t-cells that are in/on these tissues, that's why the work poorly against infection (put simple).

We have full retard covid politics here at the moment, with vaccination mandates, signing off violation of parts of the EU-GDPR when you get vaccinated, to share all your health data with various national and political institutions, automatically processed, personal health data, that is.
I currently look at my motherland as a failing state, covid politics wise. I shoudl post an update to the COVID thread, soon.

Glucosamine (and Collagenes) has to be taken for a couple of weeks to start showing effects, when isolated, afair. There are also nutritional co-dependencies (vit C, afair).
Since glucosamine is chemically similar to fructose, i could not take it too long because of the side effects in my particular case. Generally it is quite well tolerated by everybody not having a problem with fructose (and co.)...

Cortisone depletes calcium quite agressively, you should always supplement that along with K2 and Vitamin-D, up to 200% RDA while taking moderate doses of cortisone.
I use it rarely and sparingly, when my bowel gives me hell every few years.

Not here. They want to let Omicron in WITH everybody and his dog getting vaccinated on top. They fucked up a few times now already, they fear nothing more than fucking up another time.

Yeah, I read about the vaccination mandate, that has to be illegal, I see several lawsuits in the European court of human rights in the future.

Talking about Omicron and animals, Hong Kong authorities have just killed several thousand hamsters after some hamsters imported from Holland tested positive for covid. I shit you not. The have also told people not to kiss their hamsters.

Going to hit the sack and read a little, stay safe!
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2022, 10:39:51 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1), d_eddie (1)

sometimes the intent is to destroy, not control.

It's such a huge cost that I imagine there are more efficient ways of doing that. For example US lobbying spending is $3bn per year; getting anti-bitcoin laws/regulations passed would cost only a fraction of that. The cost to double the hashrate would likely be one or two orders of magnitude more expensive.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
January 18, 2022, 10:41:42 PM
Merited by d_eddie (1)

Yeah, but we will get them with our hamsters, biological warfare.
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2022, 10:44:51 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), d_eddie (1)

d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2022, 10:53:23 PM

Yeah, but we will get them with our hamsters, biological warfare.

However, I heard that making a stew kills all SARS-Cov-xxx like viruses, so it may turn out to be a failing attack vector.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
January 18, 2022, 11:01:26 PM

Explanation
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2022, 11:13:12 PM

https://twitter.com/nayibbukele/status/1483577460386144256?s=21

Yes Pres. Show/offer him the way…
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2022, 11:18:38 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

It is doubtful that they will talk much about bitcoin - or agree at all on the matter if they do. My impression is that Erdogan's main interest point about bitcoin is that the Turks shouldn't be allowed to get out of the failing Lira by getting in btc - or tether, which appears to be Turkey's favorite cryptocurrency.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
January 18, 2022, 11:44:25 PM

Yeah, I read about the vaccination mandate, that has to be illegal, I see several lawsuits in the European court of human rights in the future.

Talking about Omicron and animals, Hong Kong authorities have just killed several thousand hamsters after some hamsters imported from Holland tested positive for covid. I shit you not. The have also told people not to kiss their hamsters.

Going to hit the sack and read a little, stay safe!

The mandate has some details that just can't be justified by constitutional laws.
The politics don't care and push it through. It seems like they try to scare people into vaccination but will never be able to account for fines. The jurisdiction will gind to a halt with all the complaints that will be filed at court.
This is so lame but also typical of this dogshit little country. Sad, but say it ain't so...

I read about the hamsters earlier. China trapped itself.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2022, 12:01:36 AM

Explanation
airfinex

Activity: 151
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 19, 2022, 12:05:46 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2022, 09:19:36 PM by airfinex

+1 WO merit
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2022, 01:01:26 AM

Explanation
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
January 19, 2022, 01:26:35 AM

Or they are doing what I am doing and just waiting for Omega to burn itself out. Sure I won't die and I probably won't get very sick, but why should I infect myself in the first place? Thus I wear the happy helmet.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2022, 02:01:27 AM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 29974 29975 29976 29977 29978 29979 29980 29981 29982 29983 29984 29985 29986 29987 29988 29989 29990 29991 29992 29993 29994 29995 29996 29997 29998 29999 30000 30001 30002 30003 30004 30005 30006 30007 30008 30009 30010 30011 30012 30013 30014 30015 30016 30017 30018 30019 30020 30021 30022 30023 [30024] 30025 30026 30027 30028 30029 30030 30031 30032 30033 30034 30035 30036 30037 30038 30039 30040 30041 30042 30043 30044 30045 30046 30047 30048 30049 30050 30051 30052 30053 30054 30055 30056 30057 30058 30059 30060 30061 30062 30063 30064 30065 30066 30067 30068 30069 30070 30071 30072 30073 30074 ... 33308 »
  Print  

Jump to: