May 02, 2024, 01:31:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30416 30417 30418 30419 30420 30421 30422 30423 30424 30425 30426 30427 30428 30429 30430 30431 30432 30433 30434 30435 30436 30437 30438 30439 30440 30441 30442 30443 30444 30445 30446 30447 30448 30449 30450 30451 30452 30453 30454 30455 30456 30457 30458 30459 30460 30461 30462 30463 30464 30465 [30466] 30467 30468 30469 30470 30471 30472 30473 30474 30475 30476 30477 30478 30479 30480 30481 30482 30483 30484 30485 30486 30487 30488 30489 30490 30491 30492 30493 30494 30495 30496 30497 30498 30499 30500 30501 30502 30503 30504 30505 30506 30507 30508 30509 30510 30511 30512 30513 30514 30515 30516 ... 33314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16581

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2022, 05:05:31 PM

Nft as a public register for land/property etc can be very useful
It won't work. First, to have real meaning in the real world, it needs a government system. If they for instance replace the DMV by an Nft, I bet many people will lose their keys and with that lose ownership of their car. The same will happen to properties: if you lose your backup, you lose your house!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 05:16:58 PM
Merited by shahzadafzal (1)

2 minutes 18 seconds you will never get back

https://twitter.com/VagabondAP/status/1514415619608924165

+1 WOsMerit
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 05:22:08 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/25/the-wealthy-are-borrowing-billions-against-their-art-collections-.html

https://www.privatebank.bankofamerica.com/articles/your-art-collection-as-loan-collateral.html

https://www.widewalls.ch/magazine/borrowing-against-art-collection

Guess the idea would be to disintermediate the existing players, in a industry worth billions... whilst also creating an easier path to investment in art for the average joe.

Not the worst idea to do this via blockchain nfts/shards

Like I said, not married to it, but interesting enough... and I bet the margins could be improved for the collectors vs using the already established players in the industry.

I would not be surprised, at all to see this come to fruition...  funnily enough , I was told about this by someone involved with art collectors (serious serious mega art collectors)

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 05:25:19 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Well...NFT's are jus that, non fungible

so you are buying a "unique" asset.  Good luck selling that, by definition its an illiquid maket.  easy to buy, impossible to sell.
get recked fools

For sure, these.... jpegs pixel art  NFTs , are 99.99% shyte.

I mean a NFT that represents a real world asset is sorta more interesting......

but if you spend $2.9 million dollars, for a jpeg of a tweet  Cheesy  , then you deserve what you get .....

Many no-coiners like to refer to Bitcoin as a "digital pet rock".  Though they are fools, it is quite understandable the reasoning behind this position.  And frankly that's exactly what an NFT is.  At least with a pet rock there was something tangible to own.

The thing that bugs me about NFTs is everyone has now seen that they were a scammy rugpull, and yet the public is still fascinated with then.  They are CLOSE to something useful.

When I bought my Jade HW signature device I received a token on Liquid that would be tradable for the Jade when it came in stock.  I remember thinking... look at that... an actual "ICO" like token with an actual functional USE and rooted on a BITCOIN sidechain, therefore secured by BITCOIN but adding no stupid bloat to the base layer.  Transferred using some of Monero's privacy tech!  Neet.

This was one of the moments that I came to be a fan of the "evil Blockstream" as this is all the real functionality being promised by Ethereum, but with the CORRECT tradeoffs chosen.  At least an acceptable set of them.  I do think a company headed by a wizened cypherpunk is a good thing.  Jade is also OK.

My point is there is a right way, and a dumb way to do things.  I do not think we have seen the actual utility that the NFT concept provides.  But it took a while with tokens, too.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 05:38:17 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The Gaussian and the Guppy all bunching up here.

Whichever way it goes, bound to be explosive soon...

https://mobile.twitter.com/davthewave/status/1514411735574548483

I have always been a fan of Dave's sensible analysis. 

But he is kind of a "see I told you so" type personality.

This will make the move that bitcoin does that blows up all his models PARTICULARLY sweet when it comes  (I think it is a when rather than an if!).  Of course he will point out somehow that he had accounted for this possibility all along.  I dunno.  Maybe he will be a good sport and bow to the force that blew up his models.  It will be especially good if Bitcoin does it in a way that validates the S2F model for one last moment before blowing it up too.  In that case PlanB's model will outlast Dave's by a smidgen.

The scenario in which the above happens is EXTREMELY bullish, and would be great for us OG holders.  It really can only play out in a move to over 100k BEFORE this cycle is over, and then a good start on the "supercycle" that others have mentioned.  It is looking less likely now than it did 6 months ago.  But it COULD happen.  I will never give up!
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 05:39:22 PM

Musk head alert... live at TED Vancouver on about twitter and stuff

https://livestream.com/tedprivate/ted2022
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 05:40:57 PM

My point is there is a right way, and a dumb way to do things.  I do not think we have seen the actual utility that the NFT concept provides.  But it took a while with tokens, too.

Agreed.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 05:42:49 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), bitcoinPsycho (1)

I mean a NFT that represents a real world asset is sorta more interesting......

Is it now?

Here is my NFT for sale for a 1000g gold bar. I'll even sell it to for 20% off of spot price....

I think your missing the point.  Nft as a public register for land/property etc can be very useful

I think the one way this is useful and secure is on a Bitcoin rooted semi-trusted sidechain. It's a disaster on any fat layer 1 like ETH et al. But I could see a set of government entities banding together using a fedarated sidechain to do land/title registration.  THAT is where this goes I think.  We do not need full Bitcoin level security/distribution, but we don't want to build this on a decentralized blockchain used for everything else either.

For what it's worth, this is also how blockchain based EMRs (Electronic Medical Records) could be built as well.  Shit that's a billion dollar idea...

Liquid would be perfect for this.  It could even be run by governments.
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 05:49:10 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2022, 06:00:17 PM by empowering

"The value of privately held art is estimated at more than $2 trillion, and the potential market for art loans could easily top $400 billion"

"Lenders say the big opportunity — and the new risk — is in the business of reselling art loans to investors."

.... rehypothecation , and bankers go hand in hand
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 05:53:26 PM

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 06:02:33 PM

Of course, I find the whole matter a bit surprising. 

In my own defense, I will assert that I believe that I have a pretty strong tendency to either quote the actual text of other members (when I am responding)... but I am surprised that the estimated number of words adds up to nearly 5x my ballpark estimated words per post.   So I estimated myself to have around 50 - 100 words per post, but your analysis shows that I had around 353 words per post (of course, including whatever text I had chosen to quote within my posts).

Well to be honest it really needs data cleansing to get the exact amount of words in the posts; for example for one of your post let say this post (where you gave triples fuck) I will get text data in some format like below.

Code:
         Quote from: JSRAW on July 17, 2019, 05:04:16 AMKenzy got hacked again!! &nbsp;already tagged the account, you guys should do the same if you want.I see there are a few red tags there already on his trust tab... &nbsp; Is there any purpose to add more red tags, when the account has already been highlighted as a hacked account?I hope that his BTC are safe.. and also that he gets back his forum account in an expedited timeframe.Each of us &nbsp;should be taking measures (and sometimes even extra measures) to protect our forum accounts, and I am not sure if his opsec is not secure.. &nbsp; I remember some recent discussion in this thread on the topic of his opsec, and he had claimed to had been taking some decent measures, so sometimes it can be difficult to know what kinds of additional measures might be necessary in his particular situation, especially if it is like you say that if his account had gotten hacked a second time.. so if there was some continued vulnerability that had not really gotten sufficiently plugged up?Sometimes we also have to take some decent security measures in our lives such as password managers or 2 factor authentication on some of our e-mail accounts. &nbsp;I believe that some folks had suggested that some kind of additional 2 factor authentication should be added to this forum, too... and I don&#039;t claim to know exactly what measures would be helpful for this forum, specifically.. &nbsp; Anyone?I had only been hacked into one time, but I had also lost access once due to my own making a mistake in how I had attempted to reset my password in a way that caused my account to get automatically locked.Edit:  Oh fuck... looks like he is having some real issues, and some of his bitcoin accounts hacked, too.. fuck.. .https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5165936.msg51850222#msg51850222real problems can come when your exchange accounts are hacked too... Frequently, hackers need a couple of forms of identification, and sometimes an e-mail might be enough, but then there can be phone security issues, too... or even issues with 2 factor such as google authenticator or authy.. or even passwords saved in google chrome and stuff like that..&nbsp; so fuck fuck fuck... I went through some of that too... and devil could be in the details regarding how the hackers get some of the information to be able to hack and then are able to reset other aspects of the information and passwords&nbsp; and they work as a team, too.. so accounts can get hacked very fast and frequently any value removed relatively fast, as well... not reversible if they actually are able to make withdrawals of crypto, whether bitcoin or otherwise.. .. and sometimes if withdrawals are frozen by the exchange, they might be able to engage in trading activity on the account that quickly depletes the value of the account.. and I supposed that there are ways that they could profit from merely trading too, if they are on the other side of such trades in some illiquid coin or something like that.        

So all the words in this will be counted including quote, from and date time etc, but still I'm sure my data is >90% correct

Form your last few hundred posts I got this Words Cloud, after excluding key words like quote, from or usernames. I'm sure you will agree this is pretty accurate "king daddy".

I would gather that the larger the font of the word(s), then the more frequently that/those word(s) are used?  Some of those words seem like something that I would not say too many times, but I would not deny saying them, I am just surprised that I would use the same expression/word several times - surely bitcoin or shitcoin or something like that.

In the end, I cannot really deny that there is a reflection of aspects of my common word choices in that cloud, and I suppose it is a bit surprising to see, even if I am the one who had been in the habit of using those words in my recent posts.

Oh and are BTC maximalists still a thing? I thought they all died.

Whoaza......  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I had to do a double take to make sure that I was in the correct thread.

..... I hope it is obvious that I am aware there are still maximalists, I didn't really think they all died ffs, I would have thought that was obvious.

NOT!!!!!!!!!

Oh and are BTC maximalists still a thing? I thought they all died.

They did. You're obviously in the "shitcoin price movement tracking & discussion" thread.

hahahahaha

suchmoon - gets it.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Who? never heard of her.

Sounds like a name inspired by the king of all shitcoins though, the one with a dog on it?  

All three of us came to this thread around the same time.  I doubt that suchmoon was inspired by dogecoin.. but whatever, maybe that is a potentially based in fact speculation?

By the way, empowering... I had to fix your quotes to make them less confusing.... not the substance just the quotes.....  you had not properly quoted in your earlier post.  I think that it is right, now.

So there ARE still BTC maximalists? how quaint , that is just adorable .....

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"

You are going to go far in this thread by ridiculing the concept of bitcoin maximalism.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Fame and fortune anticipated...

not.

That is alright, I have done ok so far, and most people can tell a joke when they see one, and not be little bitches in every communication they have, just for the sake of it... with some psuedo intellectual  drivel (didn't you know that North Korea is bad?) the ones that cannot , I just put on ignore after telling them to fuck off.  I come here mainly for a laugh and banter tbh, not pointless cat fights.

No problem with that.  Each of us choose how much to engage, how heavily to engage and whether we will get emotional about our engagements.  And, of course, some folks are more emotional by nature and so might not be able to control that aspect very well, and some folks are more shit-stirrers, which is likely a learned habit rather than by nature, but who gonna know the exact boundaries between nature and nurture merely from text on the interwebs?

Just to be clear, NK , bad, no shit

There are still maximalists, no shit

I could not give a hoot if you are a maximalist or not jus to be clear, I am not some tribal hick , and people are free to do what they want, and all the power to em.

Hope I do not have to start to explain and label everything, that would ruin the fun
[/b]

You can do what you want, and sometimes folks are going to respond or disagree with the way that you said something - whether you change your way of saying it or change your opinion seems to remain within your discretion for the most part.

By the way, regarding the sentencing of Virgil Griffith, I had merited posts from both you and Suchmoon, and even if it might seem that I am waffling or that I might not have strong opinions that might lean one way or another, I would not necessarily find it a personal confrontation if I had made a post (maybe something like the ones that you had made, empowering), and then to get upset because Suchmoon made some comments that were taking the other side of the matter.... So one thing is to consider the matter in terms of free speech and government intervention but another thing is to consider the matter in terms of bitcoin versus shitcoin.  Of course, my attention becomes more piqued when we start to devolve into shitcoin discussion within this thread.. and then I might start to wonder what the fuck are we talking about shitcoins in this thread?  and for sure, even if I find some behaviors of shitcoin pumpers to be problematic, I do not automatically take the side of government when they are cracked down upon because surely the Griffith behavior could have been a bitcoiner involved in similar conduct.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 06:03:34 PM

Explanation
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 06:18:25 PM
Merited by vapourminer (2)

stuff

Bro, I am just too long in the tooth for it, I cannot abide that little angry dog nipping at your ankles vibe from anyone... its fucking annoying, and I will tell anyone that does it to go and take a running jump.

As for "shitcoins" and "maximalists" yeah yeah, I am aware that it is a hot topic for some, for whatever reasons,  which I often personally view as being extreme, dogmatic, narrow minded.. but each to their own...

What is good for the goose is good for the gander, and I do believe that a good natured ribbing in regards to the topic, in either direction, is fair game... and I personally do not let it ruffle my feathers.

What ruffles my feathers a little, and I mean a little,  is the angry little dog nipping at your ankles vibe, for no reason , maybe they got out of bed the wrong way, or maybe they have a stick up their ass for whatever reason, or maybe they are projecting something onto others , that is in fact just in their imagination... either which way, I do not care its just boring and annoying, and imma gunna tell them to fuck off.  

Either communicate straight up , like a human , or get fucked.

I am not against being disagreed with , or someone taking the piss or having a laugh... but act like a bitch for no reason, and , I will after a three or four strikes, if there is no let up , and they continue to be a bitch nipping at my ankles...  then I am going to tell them to fuck off and hit that ignore button.

It is what it is.

ps, most of the time, I am having a laugh, if anyone is in any doubt, then I am probably joking about...

AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4148

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 06:18:58 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Movie recommendation:

The Outfit (2022)

A great performance by Mark Rylance, coupled with the edgy innocence of Zoey Deutch. Classy, witty, suspenseful, intense, will keep you hooked until the end.

Enjoy!
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8921

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2022, 06:19:51 PM
Merited by sirazimuth (1)

All three of us came to this thread around the same time.  I doubt that suchmoon was inspired by dogecoin.. but whatever, maybe that is a potentially based in fact speculation?

The name was indeed rooted in doge memes. I mined dogecoin and the time. That's how I made my first bitcoins and ended up on this forum. Please forgive me my youthful shitcoining.

I'm still mining shitcoins for bitcoins but don't tell anyone
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4148

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 06:33:00 PM

The name was indeed rooted in doge memes. I mined dogecoin and the time. That's how I made my first bitcoins and ended up on this forum. Please forgive me my youthful shitcoining.

I'm still mining shitcoins for bitcoins but don't tell anyone

There's nothing to forgive. In such cases, the end justifies the means. If you've ended up with more BTC, all the better for you. Same with BCH. Gave me several BTC that I still HoDL. Luckily, I didn't listen to jbreher at the time, and got rid of them soon after the fork... Thank you, Bcash LOL!
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1825
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 06:42:03 PM
Merited by Paashaas (1)

Ah fuck. Prepare for pain.

Cosmic Beyonders

Activity: 84
Merit: 75

UCT (United Crowd)

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 06:55:51 PM

image loading...

Well according to the on chain data the BTC is making some fundamental changes as now the selling pressure or the selling quantity of the BTC in daily trading for big crypto exchanges is decreasing now may be a good change that can make effect on the market besides that. Bear is dominating the market as the market crashes again after a short recovery.

My theory:

was that side ways movement and still ongoing conditions i am not expecting anything big to happen in the current market also the dips make porftfolio to buy in such conditions and

Grid Bot trading is proving itself more profitable these days

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 07:03:15 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2022, 07:55:41 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by vapourminer (1), Paashaas (1)

Alt Season is near to us.
Well its Spring going to end in my Area and now another Spring in the crypto market is starting.
This is the best thing Spring after Spring for me...

What makes you believe that altcoin season is relevant in this thread?  you did not even use the word bitcoin in your post.. do you even know the difference?  Do you know bitcoin?  Do you know lillie fiend?  do you know what is king daddy?

stuff

Bro, I am just too long in the tooth for it, I cannot abide that little angry dog nipping at your ankles vibe from anyone... its fucking annoying, and I will tell anyone that does it to go and take a running jump.

As for "shitcoins" and "maximalists" yeah yeah, I am aware that it is a hot topic for some, for whatever reasons,  which I often personally view as being extreme, dogmatic, narrow minded.. but each to their own...

I am likely way less hostile to shitcoins than many folks here seem to conclude.

In other words, this thread is about bitcoin and not about shitcoins, and it is a very slippery slope that we risk when we bring up shitcoins if we do not attempt to keep the topic within some kind of bitcoin context.

In other words, if any of us start to either attempt to compare various shitcoins and their features in this thread or alternatively try to measure which shitcoin happens to be less shitty, there seems to be a very strong tendency that the topic is going to devolve into shitcoin talk - and really there are way too many threads (and forums) out there that seem to be receptive to "all over the place" discussions of vague "crypto" topics.  One of the most redeeming (and probably valuable) aspects of this thread seems to be some level of consensus that many of us have reached and embrace that the shitcoin talk is going to be throttled downwardly...

For sure, we are not perfect but overall we seem to have attracted quite a few like-minded members in this thread who really appreciate efforts being made to attempt to stay focused mostly on bitcoin in this thread and to minimize shitcoin talk.. of course, we do devolve into other topics in this thread too (current politics), but those topics do not seem very dangerous in terms of their being misleading and confusing as if we were to tolerate unfettered shitcoin discussions... I personally believe this thread would have little value, and may even die quickly if we were to really allow greater acceptance of shitcoin discussions (than we already do), and part of the reason that we can attempt to disallow that remains that there are so many threads/forums out there in which members are free to participate in which unfettered shitcoin discussions are tolerated and perhaps even embraced... garbage to yours truly to go out there in the wild..  

By the way, I do understand and appreciate that twitter accounts can be tailored to build follows and followers that are bitcoin focused, so in that regard, there are likely ways to get mostly bitcoin maximalism perspectives outside of this here thread.  And, also I understand that some fairly regular members who come to this thread do not identify as bitcoin maximalists or they might even be hostile to the ideas of bitcoin maximalism, and for sure, when they try to pump or infiltrate with their shitcoin talk bullshit, it is quite likely that they will not receive any kind of open armed welcome here.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander, and I do believe that a good natured ribbing in regards to the topic, in either direction, is fair game... and I personally do not let it ruffle my feathers.

That is good.  I frequently consider that on the interwebs, when you let your emotions get into your responses (too much), then you have pretty much lost the argument.  Don't get me wrong, sometimes there are ways to strategically insert emotions (or the appearance of emotions) into your response(s), yet there is a difference between strategically inserting and having difficulties controlling them... (and not always easy to detect which is which).

What ruffles my feathers a little, and I mean a little,  is the angry little dog nipping at your ankles vibe, for no reason , maybe they got out of bed the wrong way, or maybe they have a stick up their ass for whatever reason, or maybe they are projecting something onto others , that is in fact just in their imagination... either which way, I do not care its just boring and annoying, and imma gunna tell them to fuck off.  

Seems to me that you are projecting (or reading) that vibe when it may not exist as much as you believe it to exist and even if it does exists, others might not even notice, so if you either ignore it or just avoid addressing that vibe, then it probably is not any kind of BIG deal.. .. in the end, whatever.. you do you.. I don't care if you want to have little spats with suchmoon.  Does not bother me at all, and surely sometimes when members seem to be having spats, it can be interesting (or entertaining) to see how they might resolve (if at all).. sometimes members will end up calling a truce.. hahahahaha

Either communicate straight up , like a human , or get fucked.

I doubt that we can expect others to communicate in similar ways as we communicate, and for sure, I am more sympathetic towards members whom I feel that I can understand and relate to their ways of presentation, yet of course, we can sometimes learn from members who either communicate in different ways or they have different views about some topics, and of course, participating in a forum (thread) like this we might be able to directly interact with someones framework that is quite different from what we might encounter in our real lives (or even in other areas that we might be active in the interwebs).  We might consider some folks to be really fucked in the head, and yeah maybe we get a read on them, and we do not believe that it is fruitful to interact with such members. 

Remember some of those memes in which sometimes we might perceive ourselves to have an important battle on the interwebs.

Here's an example:

I am not against being disagreed with , or someone taking the piss or having a laugh... but act like a bitch for no reason,

It is quite probable that some members might engage in that kinds of behaviors "on purpose" (I am not sure whether suchmoon is doing it), and I still think that you will lose if you get emotional in response to those kinds of purposeful digs - if they are purposeful or you are just reading into them.

Over the years, I have had some pretty damned BIG dig attempts at me including telling me that I have psychological problems for spending so much time on the interwebs (meaning this forum), and sure sometimes some of the comments might have some truth in them and sometimes they might bother me a bit, but really if you think about the comments that others make, many times they can be quite humorous.. I mean recently Save the RF seemed to want to trigger me and called me a pussy..   Maybe it is not the best example of something that might be digging towards me, but any confrontation can be read as threatening or just as some "dumb shit" that was posted on the interwebs (and perhaps a humorous angle to think about what some actual people in other parts of the world might think.. and yeah, we do kind of end up building reputations here which are partly formulated based on how we might react to confrontations.. and some members will really remember you for how you responded at some earlier date - even if they cannot find the post or recall the exact particulars).

For sure, your milage may vary in terms of what is the "better" way to respond to substantive or personally directed posts that you consider to be confrontational to you.  Others may well not view those posts how much You believe them to be viewed, but when you respond, you might create some of the attention to the matter that might not end up reflecting well on you (or your avatar)

and , I will after a three or four strikes, if there is no let up , and they continue to be a bitch nipping at my ankles...  then I am going to tell them to fuck off and hit that ignore button.

hahahahaha

Maybe that is what is happening?  I do agree with you about giving members a few chances before I might go into attack mode, but sometimes I have been known to attack newbies too.. so I am not even claiming to be able to control myself, sometimes.

It is what it is.

ps, most of the time, I am having a laugh, if anyone is in any doubt, then I am probably joking about...

Actually, you are correct.  Some of the best jokes might be if you do not put any "lol" or "jk" within your text, but of course, some of the risks are that members might not get the joke.. so you may well be the ONLY person laughing.. or maybe you and some other jaded folks (who might not have been your intended audience)... hahahahaha.

Edited: Whoops... I had to add some further response.  Initially I posted a response only one or two paragraphs, then I noticed that I had not responded to the whole empowering post. Whoops.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
April 14, 2022, 07:03:28 PM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 30416 30417 30418 30419 30420 30421 30422 30423 30424 30425 30426 30427 30428 30429 30430 30431 30432 30433 30434 30435 30436 30437 30438 30439 30440 30441 30442 30443 30444 30445 30446 30447 30448 30449 30450 30451 30452 30453 30454 30455 30456 30457 30458 30459 30460 30461 30462 30463 30464 30465 [30466] 30467 30468 30469 30470 30471 30472 30473 30474 30475 30476 30477 30478 30479 30480 30481 30482 30483 30484 30485 30486 30487 30488 30489 30490 30491 30492 30493 30494 30495 30496 30497 30498 30499 30500 30501 30502 30503 30504 30505 30506 30507 30508 30509 30510 30511 30512 30513 30514 30515 30516 ... 33314 »
  Print  

Jump to: