May 02, 2024, 10:11:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30578 30579 30580 30581 30582 30583 30584 30585 30586 30587 30588 30589 30590 30591 30592 30593 30594 30595 30596 30597 30598 30599 30600 30601 30602 30603 30604 30605 30606 30607 30608 30609 30610 30611 30612 30613 30614 30615 30616 30617 30618 30619 30620 30621 30622 30623 30624 30625 30626 30627 [30628] 30629 30630 30631 30632 30633 30634 30635 30636 30637 30638 30639 30640 30641 30642 30643 30644 30645 30646 30647 30648 30649 30650 30651 30652 30653 30654 30655 30656 30657 30658 30659 30660 30661 30662 30663 30664 30665 30666 30667 30668 30669 30670 30671 30672 30673 30674 30675 30676 30677 30678 ... 33314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370797 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
May 18, 2022, 05:03:27 PM

Explanation
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gachapin

Activity: 910
Merit: 1851

bitcoin retard

View Profile
May 18, 2022, 05:05:49 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (2)

Mega pump incoming

still kind of waiting for it... do you have an eta??  Tongue
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 18, 2022, 05:14:35 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2022, 05:29:26 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by DdmrDdmr (2), OutOfMemory (1)

Just discovered Peter McCormack's documentary on El Salvador's Bitcoin adoption:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig3UN1GYmY8

EDIT: Not great... but OK-ish, imho.

Sure it seems a bit strange that Peter had made 30 minutes worth of video production, and he seemed to have been struggling so much about whether 1) Bukele is a dictator or not, or 2) is passing bitcoin as legal tender the right course of action for the country.. and even in his interview with Bukele, it seems that he had not prepared enough... in terms of talking about various aspects of what Bukele is doing or wants to do and even how much interaction that the administration might have been attempting to make with the people and/or businesses.. or even talking about the mining that they might be preparing to do, but if you just ask "are you a dictator or not?"  That is not even a very open ended question, and it just seems as if the underlying facts were not really fleshed out, even though it seems that Bukele was willing to have an interview and has not even shown a history of being closed off.. but if you ask closed ended questions, that's not going to get any interviewee to open up  whether he is a regular peep or a president.

I admit i do not know much about PMC, but his name kept floating around for a while now on twatter. He seems a bit inexperienced to me, he seems to try to come around like Michael Moore but destroys this image with questions that remind me of Ali G. (S.B. Cohen) intruductions, like the one you mentioned as a pretty on-point example.
I like his engagement for Bitcoin, but i hope he will improve a lot as a journalist in the near future, which also takes somewhat of a set of balls and nifty interview tactics sometimes. I feel he would want to work on a more serious face impression, too.

In the whole balance of things, I consider myself a P. Mccormack fan - even though for sure there is some weirdness about some of his ways - but overall I consider him to be a pretty good interview most of the time, even though he has been criticized for being too dumb sometimes or too wishy-washy.. but he has remained quite a bit of a work-horse in terms of consistently putting out podcast episodes and he has had some pretty amazing guests (and discussions) through the years including some of his drama queen stuff - in which he has admitted to going down some of the drama/attention whore routes on purpose..   I probably have listened to nearly all of his audio podcast episodes since 2017-ish.. or whenever I first heard about him.  

Link to Peter's podcast home page.

https://www.whatbitcoindid.com/

Here's another way of listening to his podcast - through Overcast:

https://overcast.fm/+LCsEhdiRU

It could be that Peter is better in the audio only format - even though there is nothing really wrong with how he looks, but surely some of his facial expressions come off as weird from time to time in that particular El Salvador "documentary".. and probably those are the kinds of reactions that regular people have in the real world.. but maybe post production will edit those kinds of expressions out of the more "professional" video presentations.  Perhaps? perhaps?  

In my own listening to podcasts, it is pretty rare that I watch actual videos rather than just listening to the audio presentations.. and probably the vast majority of video presentation exposure that I get comes through this thread or other links that I might come across through this forum... otherwise I tend to find audio format to be a bit more practical for my own ability to listen while I am working, driving, walking or exercising.

By the way, in regards to the Bukele interview, Peter said that he fucked up the first interview, but he was going to go back and ask the tough questions.. blah blah blah.. so it was a bit ironic that his second interview came off as being worse (from my perspective) than the first, in spite of his own self-direction to do better.. hahahahaha

As of the question, sometimes a sane dictator seems to do a better service to a poor country than some form of democracy, imho.

I doubt that we are getting very far with our discussions about dictator versus democracy.. but surely there can be trade offs in terms of potentially getting things done - and the extent to which possible enlightened leaders would end up benefiting the folks more or if it is better to ensure that decisions and even execution is spread out a bit more....  

Personally, it seems to me that we could get quite led astray by trying to get caught up too much into various politics - and surely we can have opinions about whether some individuals might be wielding too much power or if they might be instituting  policies in self-serving ways, rather than making sure that they are fairly accounting for various deficiencies in their communities.

I want you to take note that i don't give Bukele any credit for being a particularly good or bad dictator, leader, president of San Salvador.

EDIT: Taking about ten minutes to find out Michael Moore's name because of my m3m0ry got ChartBuddy three posts in a row  Angry Slowey poey strikes back  Roll Eyes

I don't know how much Michael Moore would be a great comparison, but surely I believe that I do get at least part of your point that sometimes journalists can get involved in their own  contradictions when they are pointing out contradictions that exist in society in regards to various policies and practices and the impacts of various policies and practices, and surely each of us have to attempt to figure out how much we might buy into any kind of framework that might be presented to us through journalists, and I doubt that it is bad when journalists might attempt to take a moral stance - and surely the extent to which they might present their view as objectively correct or not is going to vary too in terms of the medium in which they present their story and maybe the extent to which they might have others helping them to figure out the extent to filter or not.
Gachapin

bitcoin retard

View Profile
May 18, 2022, 05:25:58 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), JayJuanGee (1)

LOL
Def. a Satoshi Billionaire

This guy reeks of being one of those youtubers posing as a rich guy, in order to lure in people to invest their money in his "fund".

Even Tai Lopez did a better job tbh  Cheesy

empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
May 18, 2022, 05:31:48 PM

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2022, 06:00:21 PM

I see we discussing ETHEREUM on WO???
On the other hand, BTC will play this range whole 2023..

What range exactly?
25.4k-69k ?

I would say 2023 BTC range.
29k-55k ?

Naah
its between 55k to 82k means we can expect a new ATH before the halving..
That would be a good move towards 100k in next market run..

Well?  Coincidentally, perhaps?  $55k to $82k would have been the approximate price range of our last deadman's zone in late 2021 when we had gotten up into the $60ks the second time around (prior time being in March/April 2021).

Accordingly, we cannot really know exactly what would seem to be a new appropriate deadman's zone in the event that the BTC price starts going up, and a few months ago, I was speculating that such deadman's zone would be in the $62k to $92k arena. but it could be the case that merely getting BTC prices into the mid-$50ks could be enough to trigger both a testing and a passing through of our current ATH.. which would also justify some significant amount of an overshoot.

Personally, I have some difficulties considering that any overshoot past our current $69k ATH would not end up experiencing some resistance before getting above $100k - so that is part of the reason to consider a price below $100k (such as $92k) as the top of the deadman's zone seems to currently exist.. in the event that the BTC price can get above a variety of resistance points on the way up...

and yeah, right now, it does not even seem very topical or directly relevant to be getting into too many details regarding UPpity scenarios because it seems that we have to get out of our current range first... and surely, guys are considering our level of stuckedness in differing ways..and no problem with that...

For sure, stuckedness should be considered in terms of both quantity of BTC price movement and how long it might take to move to certain price points.

It seems that I had already suggested that the better of scenarios would be to get back above $35k and perhaps thereafter getting sustainably above $42k-ish in the coming couple of months... and I had also suggested that it is not really unreasonable, at this point to find ourselves unable to either proclaim the bearmarket (or the sideways - aka consolidation) to be over for another 5 months or perhaps even longer.. I hate to outline scenarios more bearish than that, even though more bearish scenarios could be imagined.. while at the same time.. I would rather respond to other members painting such scenarios than my own painting of such scenarios, and surely there can be some advantage to keep prices painfully in the sub $30ks.. but still not breaking down.. and then at some point, we may well end up getting some further building of buying support that helps to at least get back into Upwards movements rather than further down.. if such a thing might be attempted by bears with meaningful resolve in the coming days/weeks.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2022, 06:04:59 PM

Explanation
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2116

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
May 18, 2022, 06:10:50 PM

Does anyone have the email address for the manager of Bitcoin? I want to ask him to stop selling at a discount.
Gachapin

bitcoin retard

View Profile
May 18, 2022, 06:15:34 PM

Does anyone have the email address for the manager of Bitcoin? I want to ask him to stop selling at a discount.

I guess we are on our way to test the previous low again..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2022, 06:18:25 PM

Wow.

I had never heard of Dan Peña prior to watching that above-linked video clip.

Many times historically, we have heard that kind of supposed insider knowledge, and when they are talking about 100% scenarios based on supposed "insider knowledge" that they have without really providing much justification, most of us should realize that those kinds of guys are full of shit.....

I mean we should try not to let those kinds of statements affect us, even subconsciously - even though I know that lot's of people buy into a variety of bullshit proclamations that they know not to be true.. and yeah, it can be quite difficult to stop things from affecting us subconsciously.

Another thing that those kinds of seemingly desperate statements tell me involves showing a kind of scaredness that comes from making those kind of high conviction proclamations.

Hopefully, Peña will let us know who invented bitcoin.. I would like to know.. even though it should not matter... but if Peña knows, he may as well tell us... so we can rip off the bandaid.. rather than continuing to keep such supposed important/material information secret.. and then we can figure out how Peña would have known such information.. and how such secret had been kept from the public for the past 10-13.5 years, while many inquiring minds had seemed to have had wanted to know that kind of information.. especially if it were going to affect the price/value of bitcoin (supposedly negatively affect).. but no one really has convinced others that they know such information or that even if they were to know such information that disclosure of such information would matter in regards to the bitcoin price/value.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2116

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
May 18, 2022, 06:32:12 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Hah. I hadn't even visited that clip when I made my comment. I was just being facetious.

Looks like one of those "Bitcoin was invented by the feds" conspiracy guys. If he knew, he would say, not tease. 100% bullshitter.
Hamza2424
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1040

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2022, 06:45:24 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (6), JayJuanGee (1)

Glassnode Report shows How Luna made a big mistake by making BTC as a primary Reserve.
And how Luna Destroyed their own chain and total market by Dumping BTC.

https://insights.glassnode.com/the-week-onchain-week-20-2022/

Top Reason was like Market was in panic and on that Luna made Dumb decision by adjusting the UST to be fixed by Selling BTC Reserves.. which made BTC dump and a more panic

No matter what centralized bodies as Binance and Gemini Exchange announced in this matter onchain data is clearing everything flow BTC suddenly increases by 88k BTC ahhhh. By magic ? Naa its Reserve selling.

It was the fate of LUNA by own team mistakes we can't do anything.

History as a famous proverb is Time Repeats itself BTC is too close to its Realized value by a small gap of 9.5% can we expect a Come back in market from that point or sode ways movement.

Well History says that Last time BTC traded 7 days on its Realized value or close to it and then market made a good move in Bullish Mode..

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8921

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2022, 06:46:33 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), ivomm (1)

Dear Karen,

here at Bitcoin HQ we take your concerns seriously. We understand that you are complaining about bitcoins sold at a low price. We are happy to inform you that we are doing everything we can to stop this. Everyone who sold bitcoins below $30k had their HODLER title revoked. If the unacceptable sales continue, we are ready to take further measures, up to and including nasty tweets, personal visit by Vitalik Buterin, and banning import of avocados.

Sincerely,
George Soros
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2022, 07:02:30 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2022, 07:57:51 PM by JayJuanGee

TBH, I'm getting tired of hearing about these third world countries claiming they're getting into Bitcoin, but then not really doing anything. And by 'anything', I mean more than just talking about it or just making it a legal currency. I want to see them buy bitcoin as a reserve asset by the tens of billions! Piss or get off the pot! Drain every exchange dry!

Get the fuck out of here, you negative nancy.

Do you believe that some of those small countries can really feel comfortable adopting bitcoin if they speculate that they are going to end up getting attacked by various western powers that be, whether attacked by IMF, USgovt, other banks, rich institutions, mainstream media?  

Meeting and learning about bitcoin might well help them out to figure out some kind of way that they believe that they are able to get involved in a way that will end up working for their own situation.

You believe that you know about their situation better than them?  You believe that they already knew about bitcoin for as long as you, and they should have done the same thing as your smart ass individual had been able to do?

Fuck that nonsense.

I hate to be referencing Saylor too much as if I worship him like a god, when that is not the case.  Saylor has a lot of great ideas and insight, and recall in February 2021 he had conducted a conference to help to provide information and materials to help to teach institutions (and perhaps rich peeps too?) regarding how they may well learn how to get into bitcoin, and providing some roadmaps and materials, and surely even prior to that 2021 conference he had been talking about how much more flexible it is for individuals to get into bitcoin as compared with institutions, and even his company (MSTR) had way more flexibility based on its having had been dominated by him as the main shareholder and even privately held companies would likely have more difficulties than individuals, but fewer difficulties than larger companies or even publicly held companies.

Saylor had mentioned that even in the better case scenarios it may well take a company 6 months or longer just to get to the point in which they are authorizing the purchase of bitcoin, when an individual might only take a week or two.. depending on if s/he already has money available and has decided upon where to make their purchases (presuming that they are not too hampered by buying limitations).

Countries (and central banks) likely have way more considerations as compared with some potentials that companies might have - but even if we consider countries and/or central banks as being able to potentially act quickly, they likely feel way better when they have the cover of others adopting or even some of the steps that Fidelity had taken in allowing their 401ks to include 20% bitcoin could be helpful in providing both cover and investment vehicles into BTC while they are still learning about it (or maybe even unlearning some of the various matters they had previously believed about bitcoin).

Even when we have some bitcoiners who seem to fail/refuse to understand the difference between bitcoin and shitcoins, do you believe that some of the nocoiner central bankers/or bankers of various third world countries are going to be more educated about the various ways that bitcoin is different from shitcoins?

I mean ffs, if idiots like Do Kwon can buy $1 Billion worth of btc to back his stupid shitcoin, then surely these Central Banks can buy several billion dollars worth EACH, if not more.

Oh?  now you want central bankers to acquire the same level of buying flexibilty of a likely intentional scammer, like Do Kwon.

You are making a whole hell of a lot of senses...

NOT..

By the way, in recent days more information is coming out regarding the level of dweeb - and likely intentional scamminess regarding Do Kwon's behavior, and surely many of us would have already suspected that the guy was up to no good, but surely some of the recently revealed facts are seeming to show pretty damned strong inferences (if not direct evidence) that he was using bitcoin reserves (and perhaps other assets) to bail out selected folks (maybe even his lil selfie) rather than defending the peg like he was supposed to be doing with that money.. in other words, those fuck twats were likely ONLY causing the appearance of acting in good faith to defend the peg.. so yeah, they are going to try to make it look like they had been innocently trying to be innovative, while they were engaging in criminal levels of favoritism towards their buddies and likely their lil selfies too... so yeah, compare quasi-public actors (to the extent that bankers might retain public mandates) to the flexibility of a creative scammer... that makes lots of senses.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It's what we all want to see and hear, but so far they're just jawboning. I don't even feel like El Salvador has bought enough bitcoin in reserve to impress me yet.

Of course, you are not easily impressed because you think that your always wanting to be skeptical and a contrarian can justify replacing your judgement for the judgement that various public and/or quasi-public persons (and even institutional actors) have to weigh, even though from your statement here, you are showing that you likely do not have even close to enough facts to be coming out in such a prematurely negative tone in regards to information that is way more positive than you are making it out to be.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2022, 07:03:28 PM

Explanation
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 9525

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
May 18, 2022, 07:11:39 PM
Merited by fillippone (3), JayJuanGee (1), ivomm (1), shahzadafzal (1)

Hi boys, bitcoin doing what bitcoin is supposed to do. Observing $29406, four year cycles live on in my opinion. Going to be a boring couple of years with some capitulation added in for good measure. Continue to stack, everything under $30,000 is an absolute bargain but don’t blow all your dry powder right now. We will have opportunities at $25,000 & possibly close to $20,000.

This game is too easy, sell some 12-18 months after the halving & start buying back in January for 12-18 months.
Keep buying until late 2023, then wait for the next bull run.

shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
May 18, 2022, 07:13:38 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (5)

The floor is lava

https://twitter.com/printer_gobrrr/status/1526937390316675072?s=21
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2071

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
May 18, 2022, 07:14:03 PM

Mega pump incoming

still kind of waiting for it... do you have an eta??  Tongue

Lol . Yeah when you least expect it
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2022, 07:26:49 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2022, 07:40:10 PM by JayJuanGee

This is a shot of central bankers and finance ministers from 40+ countries that Nayib Bukele invited to El Salvador for a conference on using Bitcoin as a nation.
The list of countries reads like a whos who of the folks that would be targeted by the IMF et al with their loans etc. These folks are looking to get off the plantation, and they are doing so en masse.
(edited)

I am glad to see that my country's bank is also on this list. I heard this a few days ago but didn't believe it. I want to ask whether it is authentic. Do you know anything that was discussed there? Any news source where I can read more details? I believe this could be a baby step in bitcoin adoption worldwide.

Edit: All I found from google is they invited 40+ central banks to discuss crypto/Bitcoin. I didn't find any details.

You seem to not be trying very hard.   Just a few posts up (from yours) there was a post from Lucius... see below:

At a glance I do not see much about the following here... my apologies if it has been already discussed.
---
They did this quietly, and it has not been covered much by mainstream western news.
---
Probably nothing, right?

There is a thread in Bitcoin Discussion from 2 days ago. And the fact that the mainstream media is not too interested in such events should not surprise us too much - Bitcoin is not interesting to them at the moment, and reporting on the war is a much more profitable thing.

As I already wrote in the already mentioned thread, let people talk and try to learn something new, and if something useful comes out of everything we will say that the meeting was a success - and if not, it wouldn’t be the first time it all ended with lots of food, drinks and good fun.

The El Salvador thread also has some discussion of the banker meeting in El Salvador topic.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5342087.msg60162771#msg60162771
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2022, 08:03:27 PM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 30578 30579 30580 30581 30582 30583 30584 30585 30586 30587 30588 30589 30590 30591 30592 30593 30594 30595 30596 30597 30598 30599 30600 30601 30602 30603 30604 30605 30606 30607 30608 30609 30610 30611 30612 30613 30614 30615 30616 30617 30618 30619 30620 30621 30622 30623 30624 30625 30626 30627 [30628] 30629 30630 30631 30632 30633 30634 30635 30636 30637 30638 30639 30640 30641 30642 30643 30644 30645 30646 30647 30648 30649 30650 30651 30652 30653 30654 30655 30656 30657 30658 30659 30660 30661 30662 30663 30664 30665 30666 30667 30668 30669 30670 30671 30672 30673 30674 30675 30676 30677 30678 ... 33314 »
  Print  

Jump to: