March 28, 2024, 08:24:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 [6026] 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 ... 33204 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26336633 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:10:51 PM

I wonder how many people have bought into bitcoin and been killed short term with drops. So they become bitter and start shorting it and then get killed on its way up. Then preach to everyone that the market is manipulated and they predict doom for all on their way out.

duh...ya...thats been everybody on here at one time or another.  Its part of the learning curve.

Everyone?  If you don't trade you can't short and get burned.  This is why holding is always a great option!  Smiley

Hubby and I have just been buying and holding for a little over a year now.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pjviitas

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:14:10 PM

I wonder how many people have bought into bitcoin and been killed short term with drops. So they become bitter and start shorting it and then get killed on its way up. Then preach to everyone that the market is manipulated and they predict doom for all on their way out.

duh...ya...thats been everybody on here at one time or another.  Its part of the learning curve.

Everyone?  If you don't trade you can't short and get burned.  This is why holding is always a great option!  Smiley

I am not talking about holders...I am talking about people that actually care about the day to day price of bitcoin
Post-Cosmic

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:18:23 PM

Yea okay, looks like its 460 minimum, and most likely testing 440 and below

Noo.. I'm short, but I'm def out @ 450-460's.. dat huge support range for an 'eternity' during early Apr., & again for 1 day on 4/14.. b4 we had our run-up to 495 Stamp..? Gonna be hard to break thru that, all the way from 548 already, just b/c of old news that the 18th(done), 20th(..right? but..it's a sunday.. what a weird deadline/closure date.. Huh), 21st(?!?), 24th(>?!) are [supposed-to-be-] known btc-xchange bank acct closing times.

Of course there's always some freakish Unicredit failure minute-chance nightmare scenario, but we can't count on that, & as for those lollygagging aussie bankers coming up w/ their apparent May 2nd btc-related-bank-acct-closure deadline as well, that's far enough from now that it's reasonably safe to long or buy from 450's & wait to see if it can pierce through ~548, or if it's time to exit out the airlock, on the next launch attempt before Australia bankers open their foul mouths next month.

Huobi dump 3 days straight same time, why?

I wish we would stop caring.

You can. You don't trade.

But traders have to care. Or be stupid not to. Until & unless China's somehow fully driven offshore/underground.

Second: I do NOT know what you mean by Exemplary lesson.
Oh! Wel, well, well...  Grin

It is decided, then.

In order to avoid collateral damage to innocent readers, I will deliver the Exemplary Lesson to @JayJuanGee by private message.  If he never shows up again in this forum, you will all know why.  If he survives (and I sincerely hope that he will), perhaps he will recover enough to tell you all how bad it was.  In either case, all the other sinners out there will have a chance to repent.

LMAO!!!!!! Ohh I just had a grand realization - that notorious 'Final Lesson' Jorge has been warning us about in ominous terms since months now must be a candid pic of his decrepifying behind scantily clad in a hula skirt while doing a literal round of the 'spinning' he'd always been accused of doing here - a sight sure to indeed leave even most internet-hardened veterans scarred for life Grin  Prof., you must show mercy ahahaa

[..]

I found it to just be a continuation of the same thing that I had been accusing him.. non-responsive to my concerns about his intentionally spreading misinformation here.  Probably, we should NOT be calling him professor b/c that gives way too much credence to him and many of his non-sense posts...

[..]

Nahh, we may yet title him 'Prof.' merely as a tongue-in-cheek address in much the same way one humors a disheveled old homeless street joker in the Brooklyn subway  Cheesy

(Sorry Jorge I don't intend to be so mean - it's just teasing you is so irresistible  ;p)
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:37:43 PM

I am not talking about holders...I am talking about people that actually care about the day to day price of bitcoin

As a "holder" I still totally care about the day to day price!  Wink 

pjviitas

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:39:18 PM

why?
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:41:34 PM

duh...ya...thats been everybody on here at one time or another.  Its part of the learning curve.

Everyone?  If you don't trade you can't short and get burned.  This is why holding is always a great option!  Smiley

As a "holder" I still totally care about the day to day price!  Wink  

why?

I supposed I shouldn't care, but it is hard not to still get emotional about the ups and downs and it is great to see the price rising.  There will come a day when I will cash some of the coins out.  Of course it will be a very systematic sell off and at that point I might buy back some on the dips but for now I have just been holding and waiting and I don't regret it.
pjviitas

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:46:26 PM

duh...ya...thats been everybody on here at one time or another.  Its part of the learning curve.

Everyone?  If you don't trade you can't short and get burned.  This is why holding is always a great option!  Smiley

why?

I supposed I shouldn't care, but it is hard not to still get emotional about the ups and downs and it is great to see the price rising.  There will come a day when I will cash some of the coins out.  Of course it will be a very systematic sell off and at that point I might buy back some on the dips but for now I have just been holding and waiting and I don't regret it.

ok so your actually still speculating then
Raystonn

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:49:32 PM

why?

Most holders do so with the goal of increasing their wealth.  The current USD/BTC price is the current measure of that wealth.  It follows that holders would very much care about USD/BTC price at all times, as they care about the value of their wealth at all times.

I should create an Android app/widget that displays wealth based on BTC holdings multiplied by USD/BTC liquidation price.  
pjviitas

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:51:13 PM

why?

I have other investments which I am "holding" and sometimes go as long as 6 months between price checks
pjviitas

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:57:55 PM

why?

Most holders do so with the goal of increasing their wealth.  The current USD/BTC price is the current measure of that wealth.  It follows that holders would very much care about USD/BTC price at all times, as they care about the value of their wealth at all times.

I should create an Android app/widget that displays wealth based on BTC holdings multiplied by USD/BTC liquidation price.  

I just thought holders where more set-it-and-forget-it laid back types.

In any event what I was originally getting at is that people that buy and sell bitcoin on a regular basis usually get burned at one time or another...part of the learning curve.
Guinpen

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:58:51 PM

I'll just leave this here for all of those who miss Clarkmoody's BingBong sounds:
http://bitcoinsounds.0x3d.lu/

This started out as a little dirty hack for myself but as Bitcoin is quite boring today I polished it a little and so with this post consider it as released!

Awesome!!

Would you by any chance consider publishing the source code?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1743

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:00:18 PM

Explanation
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:04:21 PM

why?

I have other investments which I am "holding" and sometimes go as long as 6 months between price checks

Other investments probably don't increase (or decrease) in value as fast as Bitcoin can.  Wink

Because there are intervals in which we will sell (using the SSS plan that can be found on this board) I need to be vaguely aware of the price for that reason.  But I think it just becomes a bit addicting watching the price!  I need to find another hobby!   Grin
pjviitas

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:06:03 PM

why?

Other investments probably don't increase (or decrease) in value as fast as Bitcoin can.  Wink

Because there are intervals in which we will sell (using the SSS plan that can be found on this board) I need to be vaguely aware of the price for that reason.  But I think it just becomes a bit addicting watching the price!  I need to find another hobby!   Grin

interesting...tell me more about this sss plan
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:08:52 PM

Curiosity: The OKCoin note (1008440) seems to come from their blog.  Note 1008442 seems to be a question by a customer:

https://www.okcoin.com/t-1008442.html
标题:停了银行卡汇款。充值码最小一万怎么办?
【紧急通知】OKCoin平台防诈骗指南 1#发表于:2014-04-18 22:05:19  - IP:112.241.*.*

停了银行卡汇款。充值码最小一万怎么办?难道不让小散玩了?

Quote from: Google Translate
Title: Stop the bank card payment. Minimum ten thousand recharge code how to do?
[emergency notification] OKCoin platform Fraud Guide # 1 Posted :2014-04-18 22:05:19 - IP:. 112.241 * *.

Stop the bank card payment. Minimum ten thousand recharge code how to do? Do not let small, scattered play?

If I understand correctly, their "recharge code" alternative has a 10,000 CNY minimum, and, since bank transfers are closed, the client is asking how one can do occasional trading with small amounts.
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:09:26 PM

why?

interesting...tell me more about this sss plan

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345065.0
Equus

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

Why the long face?

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:11:42 PM

why?

So we can decide when to buy more!
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:21:10 PM

why?

So we can decide when to buy more!

That's true too!   Cheesy  Although I am getting low on fiat.  I am now Bitcoin "rich" and fiat "poor."  Wink
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:22:58 PM

PS. OKCoin's response to that client question, right below it, apparently says that they have only one broker for their recharge code system, and his minimum is "1 W" (一万 = Yi wàn = one wan = 10,000); but they expect to have more brokers eventually.

您好,目前只有一个代理商,充值最小额度是一W,后续会增加小额代理,方便更多用户充值,感谢您对OK的支持
谢谢!
Raystonn

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:28:46 PM

PS. OKCoin's response to that client question, right below it, apparently says that they have only one broker for their recharge code system, and his minimum is "1 W" (一万 = Yi wàn = one wan = 10,000); but they expect to have more brokers eventually.

您好,目前只有一个代理商,充值最小额度是一W,后续会增加小额代理,方便更多用户充值,感谢您对OK的支持
谢谢!

Tough on the little guy.  That actually makes me think we could be close to breaking out big to the upside.  If the big players can keep the 99% out, the market is going up.
Pages: « 1 ... 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 [6026] 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 ... 33204 »
  Print  

Jump to: