June 21, 2024, 10:37:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 9833 9834 9835 9836 9837 9838 9839 9840 9841 9842 9843 9844 9845 9846 9847 9848 9849 9850 9851 9852 9853 9854 9855 9856 9857 9858 9859 9860 9861 9862 9863 9864 9865 9866 9867 9868 9869 9870 9871 9872 9873 9874 9875 9876 9877 9878 9879 9880 9881 9882 [9883] 9884 9885 9886 9887 9888 9889 9890 9891 9892 9893 9894 9895 9896 9897 9898 9899 9900 9901 9902 9903 9904 9905 9906 9907 9908 9909 9910 9911 9912 9913 9914 9915 9916 9917 9918 9919 9920 9921 9922 9923 9924 9925 9926 9927 9928 9929 9930 9931 9932 9933 ... 33467 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26404201 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 04:59:29 AM

Every time the price goes down I am going to cheer. I don't even care if I take a long position at some point and the price goes down. I'll have the satisfaction of knowing some of the assholes on here lost money.

ONLY dufus like you are losing money...

Yeah, right lock in your losses, and then whine about it.  That makes a lot of sense.

NOT

You might actually be the village idiot of the village idiots. Mr. hahahaha you didn't buy coins at $600... $500... $400... (and probably this started at $1200) we all know that you've already lost so much money that unless a greater fool comes around you'll live under a bridge for the rest of your life. Also, you've probably lost all of those around you that love you or support you because you are an addict who cannot admit it. F---ing retard.

I have shared a lot of my personal investment details, but they are NO where near what you are asserting with your name - calling and your misinformation... so you are full of shit and likely being purposefully full of shit.  Yes, I started buying at $1200, but only small amounts, and I kept buying all year and my average BTC price currently is about $558.  However, i did NOT invest more than I can lose, and I have quite a large BTC holding.. yet I have a variety of other investments so my BTC portfolio is still less than 10% of my quasi-liquid investment portfolio.  Anyhow, it does little to no good to share information with a troll who distorts information and who fails to speak frankly about his/her its own investment strategy (b/c the troll is usually so full of shit... and that is YOU .. dear Newbie)....

Your average price is about $558. Jesus. I thought it would be at least a little lower than that. And you have "quite a large BTC holding." Jesus. If you weren't such a dick I'd feel seriously sorry for you. With the way the BTC community is becoming increasingly myopic and unwelcoming, it's dying popularity, and the constant dumping... you've already lost. You are one laughable mother---er. Sorry, but if anybody wants to call me underwater (which I am not... I am actually slightly up for the past week... slightly down for the month... and solidly up on the year)... talk to this dude instead.

You seriously are the village idiot of the village idiot group. It's like, you tried to dissuade me of it and you only provided supporting evidence for that assertion. Have fun living under a bridge.

You are pathetic.

There is NO need to feel sorry for me, even if I were a more sympathetic character.  I have NOT invested more than I am willing and able to lose, and in part I already told my story that I doubled my holdings around $600.. so I was of the belief that we were going up around that time.. there was some timing issues from my end that were kind of messed up, but I am NOT worried about my average cost, and possibly if prices stay down I will bring it down further.  On the other hand, if prices do NOT stay down, then probably it is NOT a big deal.  I am sure that there are quite a few people with higher costs per BTC (potentially including Draper), but I doubt that people in our camp, are generally worried... and even someone like Draper on his own could probably pump BTC to well over $1000 and if he were to aim for such, then there exist plenty of BTC aficionados that will be ready, willing and able to jump on board to assist in such pumping efforts.

I have NOT lost because I have NOT locked in my losses, and I do NOT plan to sell under a large number of price lowering circumstances.  There could be instances in which I would sell, but seems unlikely, at this point... b/c I am fairly confident that prices are going to return to levels much higher than my average cost per BTC.

And with your various insults, I am sure a lot of readers of your posts (if they do NOT have you on ignore) would label you as a dweeb.

You are a sympathetic character. A victim. Seriously, "timing issues" and no losses if you haven't "locked them in." You are not a good spokesperson for why somebody should buy. It's like one logical fallacy after the next with you.

You might get lucky long-term... but that's a protracted matter (couple years down the road) and there are a lot of preceding conditions for things to work out that way.

You are not somebody who knows what they are doing. A couple of the guys -- even some of the holders -- know very well what they are doing. Not surprisingly, they are also not as insistent on bullying everybody to be a perma-bull as you are.  

Whether I know what i am doing or NOT, I have outlined a plan and I have invested according to the plan and then I made various adjustments along the way and I continue to have a plan.  I have also communicated various aspects of my plan as I had been investing, sometimes looking for feedback in order to figure out my strategy.  In the end, I own my own plan and I take full responsibility over it.  In various ways things have gone better than expected, and yet with 20/20 hindsight, I can see areas in which I could have done better.. but I am NOT kicking myself over that because NONE of us really know where the market is going, even though some of the whale manipulators have better abilities to attempt to control the direction of the market... at least for short periods of time.

Otherwise, you are a dweeb for attempting to judge me and to denigrate my investment strategy or my intelligence when you really do NOT know my situation in detail.  You do not know my finances, my goals, my timeline and a large variety of other factors, but still you strive to make after the fact judgements and denigrations..  a true sign of someone or a bot that has a few screws loose.  sorry about that for you.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   Tongue Tongue
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:01:04 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:01:12 AM

...I started buying at $1200, but only small amounts, and I kept buying all year and my average BTC price currently is about $558. ...

JayJuanGee!  Think of how long you were banished to the moon!  You'll give us no choice but to send you back there if you don't stop!

Seriously tho, you started buying @1200 and still haven't stopped?
That's like the cheesiest after-school special Sad with "bad kids" bullying you into Bitcoin with "Just try it once, JayJuanGee, not like you gonna get hooked!  You chicken?  Bawk bawk bawk!  Or won't your MOMMY let you?"

Was that how it went?

Or did  d00d from the internet lure you in with "Psst, kid...  You want somethin' to REALLY make you fly?"

Anyhow, I'd say get help, but I know you'll just come up with some bullshit excuse--how you don't need it, how you could stop any time if you wanted to, etc., etc.--I know Bitcoiners.

I'm NOT going to get into any extensive explanation with you because mostly I have been telling my investment story throughout my post history, and I have NOT engaged in any deceptive behavior regarding my investment strategies.... which have largely been forms of dollar cost averaging... with some timing of purchases.

I do NOT need to give any excuses because I have engaged in a solid investment strategy with less money that I can afford to lose.. I am NOT overextended in any way because I have so far invested less than 10% of my total quasi-liquid assets into bitcoin... even if bitcoin goes to zero, I will be o.k... but really, I doubt that it will..

BTC seems to be in the midst of a trend reversal; however, even if prices stay in the doldrums for one to two years, I would be o.k. to ride it out, absent some meaningful and material news. .. I do tend to reassess my BTC investment situation from time to time, but I am NOT feeling any regret or pressure to sell at any time soon.

That's why you badger the heck out of anybody with a counter view... because you aren't overleveraged and feel no pressure.  Shocked

You may call it badgering, but i call it interactive communications.   Cheesy Cheesy Wink
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 05:12:32 AM

feeling quite gentlemenly at the moment. Good work bitcoiners
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2833
Merit: 1851

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:30:20 AM

Whether I know what i am doing or NOT, I have outlined a plan and I have invested according to the plan and then I made various adjustments along the way and I continue to have a plan.  I have also communicated various aspects of my plan as I had been investing, sometimes looking for feedback in order to figure out my strategy.  In the end, I own my own plan and I take full responsibility over it.  In various ways things have gone better than expected, and yet with 20/20 hindsight, I can see areas in which I could have done better.. but I am NOT kicking myself over that because NONE of us really know where the market is going, even though some of the whale manipulators have better abilities to attempt to control the direction of the market... at least for short periods of time.

Otherwise, you are a dweeb for attempting to judge me and to denigrate my investment strategy or my intelligence when you really do NOT know my situation in detail.  You do not know my finances, my goals, my timeline and a large variety of other factors, but still you strive to make after the fact judgements and denigrations..  a true sign of someone or a bot that has a few screws loose.  sorry about that for you.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   Tongue Tongue

Angry Can you stop feeding trolls? Most of us have them on ignore.
KFR

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Per ardua ad luna

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:36:47 AM

Angry Can you stop feeding trolls? Most of us have them on ignore.

+1 x10256
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:39:53 AM

wow price stay at 380  Shocked

this is interesting... !!!

frankly i dare not to trade atm... ill see after 4 dec

Cheeseonastick

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:42:56 AM

Hmmm Jayjuanmagee sure does post a lot, he must have a lot of great comments to contribute to this thread. I wouldn't actually know because I muted him long ago due to his constant spam, so I haven't got a clue who he is talking to. Maybe to himself? That would make sense, considering he has four constitutive posts on just this page alone. Who are you replying to jayjuanmagee?

Oh wait, I do NOT care, I can NOT hear you. Because you're muted.

Lalalala

But seriously, maybe you should calm down and consolidate your thoughts into a single post instead of this constant barrage every day all day. I suspect the quality of your posts would increase, more people would take you seriously, and fewer people would keep you muted.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:58:05 AM

Hmmm Jayjuanmagee sure does post a lot, he must have a lot of great comments to contribute to this thread. I wouldn't actually know because I muted him long ago due to his constant spam, so I haven't got a clue who he is talking to. Maybe to himself? That would make sense, considering he has four constitutive posts on just this page alone. Who are you replying to jayjuanmagee?

Oh wait, I do NOT care, I can NOT hear you. Because you're muted.

Lalalala

But seriously, maybe you should calm down and consolidate your thoughts into a single post instead of this constant barrage every day all day. I suspect the quality of your posts would increase, more people would take you seriously, and fewer people would keep you muted.

He was talking to me.  He said I was a fucking clueless idiot and he is right.

I'll now go back to waiting for squirrels.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:01:02 AM

Explanation
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:34:27 AM

3bn hedge funds decide to borrow software from some random btc site to trade other stuff? makes sense, because multi billion dollar hedge funds couldn't possibly buy their own servers or write their own software without involving a third party if it had  nothing to do with bitcoin.

I worked with high frequency trading firms, who were in the same sort of valuation league as the afore mentioned hedge fund, these are companies that will spend $2000 on their lunch order and hire the best network and programmer guys in the world on salaries of hundreds of thousands of dollars *per month* in order to gain just a millisecond or two advantage on the market, to think they'd just co opt third party software or even borrow a server is absolutely stupid.

The only possible explanation for a hedge fund trading on a bitcoin exchange is that they have something they want, and cannot simply buy for themselves, and the only thing okcoin possibly has that they do not have or cannot buy is access to bitcoin market info, or the liquidity they need to play.

It's not neccessarily a good thing like some of the more myopic believers in here think, they could just plan to HFT the market and suck every penny out of everyone until btc is worthless, if they can. hedgefunds, HFT firms and the like do not *need* the market to increase in value to turn a profit, so the fact a hedgefund is involved doesn't neccessarily mean the price has to spike, as professor stolfi seems convinced should have happened if it were true.

A trading firm doing HFT is quite different from a fund seeking to set up an exchange where his titles can be traded.  Not only is the software completely different in purpose and scale, but the goals are too.  For HFT the most important thing is original algorithms that can outsmart the competitors.  For an exchange, the most important is reliability, speed, support for thousands of clients, etc.  HFT software can be developed quickly from scratch and put  to work with minimal testing; exchange software must be developed with care and extensively tested before being put in operation with real clients, because the stakes are much higher.

OKCoin got at least 10 million $ of venture capital, and must be making lots more money from arbitrage, withdrawal fees, interest on leverage trades, etc..  Apart from a few dozen customer support people, it does not have much to spend it on except servers and software development.  They have bragged about their previous experience with TI for banking.  They have the highest volume of any exchange, an order o magnitude more than "Western" exchanges; and, in my recollection, they have had few or no downtimes, bugs, or security breaches.  So their platform is certainly good enough for trading more traditional instruments of a smallish fund.  Why would such a fund spend months to develop their own trading platform, if they can buy one that is ready and well-tested?

Why would a hedge fund decide to play with bitcoin at this point in time?  I could understand if it wanted to buy Argentinian Pesos as a hedge against the inflation of Venezuelan Bolivares -- but bitcoin?  In 2013 the Fortress group (worth a lot more than 3 G€) had invested in bitcoin, which gave then their only red entry in their 2014 Q1 report.  They promptly and quietly swapped their bitcoin with Pantera, not for shares of their fund (PBP) but for equity in the company that manages the fund -- which, like SecondMarket, will make a profit even of the BTC price goes to zero. 

If the fund wanted to trade in bitcoin, why would it enter in advance negotiations with OKCoin?  It could just open an account, deposit how much money it wanted to, and start trading, increasing its exposure gradually. In fact it should open accounts in a some other exchanges, for increased liquidity and better prices.  If it wanted bitcoins as an asset for its instruments, it could also buy off-exchange.

Here is the sentence that started the rumor:

“Also very exciting, we have a new client. I cannot disclose the name yet. It’s a €3 billion market cap client. They just do hedge fund trading, and they’re going to be trading on our platform. That’s a pretty big institution.”

Read carefully that sentence.  It does not mention Bitcoin. It does not mention Litecoin, which its heavily traded at OKCoin, too.  Somehow bitcoiners read that sentence to mean "the fund will trade bitcoin on our exchange".  Why bitcoin and not litecoin?  Answer: because it was wishful parsing -- they read what they wanted it to say, not what it actually said. 

All echoes of that rumor in bitcoin media and forums were entirely based on that sentence, padded with a page or two of wild speculation.  In spite of headlines that said "OKCoin confirms...", no confirmation came from OKCoin.  That rumor started the rally, and OKCoin was clearly leading it.  A couple of days later, since there was no confirmation, many people on reddit and forums started doubting it.  The pessimism must have spread among traders, since the price crashed to almost the same level it had before the rally.  (There is still a lingering effect; apparently there are still some traders who believe in the "trade bitcoin" reading.) 

If the "trade bitcoin" reading was correct, why didn't OKCoin give at least an indirect hint to the market (like "we cannot talk about that topic, but the future of bitcoin is now incredibly bullish"), to keep the rally going?

Surely we can all agree that the sentence is ambiguous: it does not clearly say that the fund will use OKCoin's platform to trade their instruments, but does not say that it will trade bitcoin either.  So, you keep your reading, I'll keep mine.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:01:10 AM

Explanation
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:19:44 AM

I gotta go with paper wallets as well. I don't entirely trust circle. I'll buy BTC there or Coinbase but then I'll transfer to my paper wallets.

I buy directly into paper wallets and mine directly into a paper wallet. I haven't used an exchange since May.

I do keep a couple of dozen coins at an exchange in case of an emergency or exceptional trading opportunity and less than 2 coins on my Android device for shopping, but I'm aware of the risk involved.

Hopefully you never encounter a house fire.

I have encrypted offsite backups.

Perfect Smiley . I always recommend that, but few actually do it.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:01:02 AM

Explanation
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:15:04 AM

A few more days to the Bitcoin auction
With the black friday finished this will be an interesting week 
(Yes every week is interesting but at least I have reasons this time Tongue)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:01:02 AM

Explanation
Feri22

Activity: 748

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:08:09 AM

I've just read about a major failiure in blockchain and a big theft of more than 10000 wallets

Link?

https://blockchain.info/wallet/security

sorry for waiting i had to dump my coins

My ignore list is going to the moon Cheesy
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:18:35 AM

Good Morning people! Huge dumps and pumps today from 376-380... Such drama, much profit! Grin
bobboooiie

Activity: 656

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:46:26 AM

whats up with huobi ?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:01:01 AM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 9833 9834 9835 9836 9837 9838 9839 9840 9841 9842 9843 9844 9845 9846 9847 9848 9849 9850 9851 9852 9853 9854 9855 9856 9857 9858 9859 9860 9861 9862 9863 9864 9865 9866 9867 9868 9869 9870 9871 9872 9873 9874 9875 9876 9877 9878 9879 9880 9881 9882 [9883] 9884 9885 9886 9887 9888 9889 9890 9891 9892 9893 9894 9895 9896 9897 9898 9899 9900 9901 9902 9903 9904 9905 9906 9907 9908 9909 9910 9911 9912 9913 9914 9915 9916 9917 9918 9919 9920 9921 9922 9923 9924 9925 9926 9927 9928 9929 9930 9931 9932 9933 ... 33467 »
  Print  

Jump to: