Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:37:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow.  (Read 583505 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:35:13 AM

in the past ICN has "invested" in Byteball distributions;this was a mobilizing subject.

now byteball is launching a new modality: from tonych's message:

* Now you can send money directly to email address if the email is attested. The email is just replaced with the attested BB address

https://medium.com/byteball/distribution-to-verified-emails-and-sending-cryptocurrency-to-email-episode-ii-cb955fe19d7e

this would be an important innovation, as we know the success of Paypal..

do you know if ICN has conserved or sold its byteballs?

comments welcomed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BtcMan2009

Activity: 1022
Merit: 340

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:39:53 AM

In my opinion now is the best time to buy ICN and the lowest point of entry. If/when btc goes on another bull run the prices will increase by a lot. Not to mention that when ICN finally releases the fiat gateway, Vienna listing and maybe more the ICN price will rise with or without a btc bull run Smiley

We are not likely to buy ICN now. However if the prices deceases, it will be great for prices at a later date, as much more buybacks will require place.
Perhaps you are right in the offers on a purchase occasion. I want to notice the fact that already two times threw a coin up and it is very good. I look further that the community around this project constantly grows and moves up. Now in this market it is difficult to tell a purchase point precisely, perhaps now to buy the best time of a coin.
someonesomeone

Activity: 933
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:32:34 AM

They sold some but still have over 16,000 left according to this report:

https://medium.com/iconominet/iconomi-financial-report-q4-2017-17da25349f3d

That is a great update from BB if it is working btw, kudos to them. It could actually bump up the price to new heights again Smiley

in the past ICN has "invested" in Byteball distributions;this was a mobilizing subject.

now byteball is launching a new modality: from tonych's message:

* Now you can send money directly to email address if the email is attested. The email is just replaced with the attested BB address

https://medium.com/byteball/distribution-to-verified-emails-and-sending-cryptocurrency-to-email-episode-ii-cb955fe19d7e

this would be an important innovation, as we know the success of Paypal..

do you know if ICN has conserved or sold its byteballs?

comments welcomed.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:45:25 PM

Just thought I would share this with you. If you're looking for a better UI/UX experience, I suggest checking Exodus.io as the started supporting ICONOMI. You have control over your private keys.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 04:59:07 PM

How it changes the money after all ICNs have been burned up? Maybe they are going to pay dividends towards the token holders
Most of the revenue goes to the Iconomi team instead of the ICN holders.

That is just BS. All of the revenue goes towards ICN burning at the moment.

It was slow, but in Q1 there should be at least 500k ICN tokens burned so I wouldn't say it is slow anymore. Q2 will have a lower amount for sure because the market is down and they probably won't be selling any of their assets but all in all the burning amount is in an uptrend and will increase even more with more DAAs, fiat gateway... However I don't expect that all of the ICN would ever be burned because the price of the ICN token will start rising with new news and more burns.

Sorry mate that's not how crypto works. During the boom years, the team needs to make a significantly higher amount of profit, because during the bust years, the revenue will be significantly lower. What this means is that times like Q4 2017 are the golden times in terms of revenue generation and opportunities, while times like Q1 2018 not so much. Of course, let's wait for the results this quarter, so I don't want to get ahead of myself here.

Also, you need to understand threats to the business model. For example, decentralized exchanges are much better, since there won't be issues like the parity bug or hacks that we've seen in the past with large honeypots of money. The rise of decentralized exchanges means the fall of centralized custody solutions like Iconomi. This may be a longer term trend, but everything is accelerated in crypto.

In short, the company needs to do more during the boom times, because there will invariably be bust times in crypto.
niksdt101

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:06:37 AM

Just thought I would share this with you. If you're looking for a better UI/UX experience, I suggest checking Exodus.io as the started supporting ICONOMI. You have control over your private keys.

hey Iconomi site itself is now allowing you to store ICN and every month they are supporting more countries . i guess its better and not to mention MEW.
Gutenhans

Activity: 135
Merit: 12

Call me Mr. Hans

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:25:47 PM

How it changes the money after all ICNs have been burned up? Maybe they are going to pay dividends towards the token holders

It was slow, but in Q1 there should be at least 500k ICN tokens burned so I wouldn't say it is slow anymore. Q2 will have a lower amount for sure because the market is down and they probably won't be selling any of their assets but all in all the burning amount is in an uptrend and will increase even more with more DAAs, fiat gateway... However I don't expect that all of the ICN would ever be burned because the price of the ICN token will start rising with new news and more burns.

Sorry mate that's not how crypto works. During the boom years, the team needs to make a significantly higher amount of profit, because during the bust years, the revenue will be significantly lower. What this means is that times like Q4 2017 are the golden times in terms of revenue generation and opportunities, while times like Q1 2018 not so much. Of course, let's wait for the results this quarter, so I don't want to get ahead of myself here.

Also, you need to understand threats to the business model. For example, decentralized exchanges are much better, since there won't be issues like the parity bug or hacks that we've seen in the past with large honeypots of money. The rise of decentralized exchanges means the fall of centralized custody solutions like Iconomi. This may be a longer term trend, but everything is accelerated in crypto.

In short, the company needs to do more during the boom times, because there will invariably be bust times in crypto.

Thing is ICO's still appear even in bear market and DAA's will still be created even in the bear market and that means ICN fees. People will be buying and selling even with a bear market that's fees again. And will continue to do even more when the security of regulations is in place. If they achieve the 1 billion AUM goal with crypto that's a lot of fees indifferent from market movement. People move or buy/sell/short/leverage it a lot more that any asset because of it's digital nature. Everytime when crypto will move inside the ICN platform that will generate a small fee. I hope they start advertising more in the digital media because of the nature of their product who has at it's core digitalisation and comes from this medium. Old advertising channels are also not a bad ideea. Creating the bridge between old and new.

Q4 2017 Expenses: Traveling, marketing, PR: $155,000
At this stage i would not be bother if they spend that much on marketing only in one month instead of 4 for at least a year. because i thing the costs of marketing will be more than payed off when you have already a nice service and your competitors are still steps behind. And no it's not to early... The upcoming features like Fiat ramp, Debit card and the Audit will make costumers of the platform more loyal with it because of the pleasant experience.
justdox

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:29:25 PM

I think that for many it will be useful, a lot of questions have disappeared after reading:

- https://medium.com/iconominet/iconomi-q-a-session-march-edition-9f92303d39c2
orio

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:06:47 PM

ICONOMI Weekly Update (March 23th)

https://medium.com/iconominet/iconomi-weekly-update-e4d7dfe52d6e
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 04:16:56 PM
Merited by estenity (1)

Thing is ICO's still appear even in bear market and DAA's will still be created even in the bear market and that means ICN fees. People will be buying and selling even with a bear market that's fees again. And will continue to do even more when the security of regulations is in place. If they achieve the 1 billion AUM goal with crypto that's a lot of fees indifferent from market movement. People move or buy/sell/short/leverage it a lot more that any asset because of it's digital nature. Everytime when crypto will move inside the ICN platform that will generate a small fee. I hope they start advertising more in the digital media because of the nature of their product who has at it's core digitalisation and comes from this medium. Old advertising channels are also not a bad ideea. Creating the bridge between old and new.

Q4 2017 Expenses: Traveling, marketing, PR: $155,000
At this stage i would not be bother if they spend that much on marketing only in one month instead of 4 for at least a year. because i thing the costs of marketing will be more than payed off when you have already a nice service and your competitors are still steps behind. And no it's not to early... The upcoming features like Fiat ramp, Debit card and the Audit will make costumers of the platform more loyal with it because of the pleasant experience.

If there is a bear market, the AUM gets lowered, which means lower management fees.

If there's a bear market, the returns are low to negative, which means no performance fees.

I can't believe I need to spell everything out here. The point is not to criticize the company or whatever. Investors need to know and accept facts and reality instead of living in a bubble. That's all I ask. There are many good things and many bad things done by the team. The responsibility of investors is to look at both.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:45:17 AM

I can't believe I need to spell everything out here. The point is not to criticize the company or whatever. Investors need to know and accept facts and reality instead of living in a bubble. That's all I ask. There are many good things and many bad things done by the team. The responsibility of investors is to look at both.

fully agreed.
Freaks
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:26:41 AM

i think the coin is dead
by that way it will be delisted from many markets
team is dead

This is not a dead project no doubt it taking too long time to fulfill their promises. The team is still active and working hard have patience this will start kicking again very soon. You can read the latest update

https://medium.com/iconominet/iconomi-weekly-update-e4d7dfe52d6e
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:45:07 PM

hey Iconomi site itself is now allowing you to store ICN and every month they are supporting more countries . i guess its better and not to mention MEW.

I'm aware of Myetherwallet and as for the site, I wouldn't suggest it as you have no control over your private keys. If the site gets hacked, funds will get lost.
NickCrypto

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:47:24 AM

Check out Iconomi chart at BitScreener
https://bitscreener.com/coins/iconomi

niksdt101

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:42:24 PM

I'm aware of Myetherwallet and as for the site, I wouldn't suggest it as you have no control over your private keys. If the site gets hacked, funds will get lost.

I'm more worried nowadays about MEW than Iconomi site itself . the chance of losing the private key is higher with MEW now.
Alonzo Ewing
Legendary

Activity: 1040

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:54:37 PM

I'm more worried nowadays about MEW than Iconomi site itself . the chance of losing the private key is higher with MEW now.

Secure your account with MEW + ledger/trezor, I feel this is the best way to save your money and to be free from getting phished.Recently received a fake Binance email to import your private keys...watch out!!!
Freaks
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:16:06 PM

Secure your account with MEW + ledger/trezor, I feel this is the best way to save your money and to be free from getting phished.Recently received a fake Binance email to import your private keys...watch out!!!

Hardware wallet is good choice to keep safe our private keys I also would like to recommend MEW + Trezor which is more secure option to get access to our token and keep them in most secure environment. Hackers are on the fire now a days so many people already lost their due to some phishing sites.
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 05:57:26 PM

Hardware wallet is good choice to keep safe our private keys I also would like to recommend MEW + Trezor which is more secure option to get access to our token and keep them in most secure environment. Hackers are on the fire now a days so many people already lost their due to some phishing sites.

Yep, just make sure to follow all the best practices like keeping the backup phrases safe, secure, and secret.
someonesomeone

Activity: 933
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:34:57 PM

Newest update of the ICN website:

https://www.iconomi.net/daa-list

They could make it so that you could click the desired column and sort the DAAs by best to worst or something like that...
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 10:42:32 PM

Newest update of the ICN website:

https://www.iconomi.net/daa-list

They could make it so that you could click the desired column and sort the DAAs by best to worst or something like that...
This is a good list, but lacks a few basic elements. The first thing I would need is to give returns not just in USD but in terms of ETH and BTC as well. That way, I can really see the under/over performance independent of the market conditions or my preferred base crypto (BTC or ETH).
Pages: « 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 »
  Print  

Jump to: