Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:33:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfloor issues?  (Read 55492 times)
SpottedMarley

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 10:25:42 AM

That is good news.  Better news would be if Bitfloor would reopen, or get bought by someone that would reopen the site.  It was so much better than Mtgox. 

I am glad that Roman was being honest all along.  It must be pretty stressful dealing with all of this.

I've been trading at CampBX for the past month or so. Decent volume, the trading tools are nicer than Bitfloor's, some real-time market visualization (graphs etc), auto-trading, margin trading, a REST API. They are based in Atlanta, Georgia I believe.. they have great customer service and a commendable mission statement. So far I like them a lot.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:19:16 PM

Just to be clear, this is not new news. Obviously he found a bank, he just had to make a phone call and open an account. Nothing important.

Duh.

What I would like to know now is if he still has the full amount of money that he started off with.

Double-duh. Take a wild guess.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
kernelpanic

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:23:39 PM

Wait, so ICU is releasing confidential client information to you?

Which of the listed information is the "confidential" information, and which is considered public information?

Confidential = Information about any account (or potential account ) that isn't yours.
kernelpanic

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:27:15 PM

Wait, so ICU is releasing confidential client information to you?

I am astonished at the ability of the bit-coin community to read negative interpretations outside of the actual words that were written.

I think he is questioning the credibility of the report since it's unlikely that a banker would discuss the details of a customer's account status with a third party.

Not saying it didn't happen, but it is odd.

FWIW - I believe that Roman will pay back funds.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 07:42:22 PM

Just to be clear, this is not new news. Obviously he found a bank, he just had to make a phone call and open an account. Nothing important.

Obviously. That's why he had to hire a lawyer, go to a bunch of different banks, where he was rejected every time, and only about 5 pages of this thread was spent on discussing suggestions for a bank that might accept him.

What I would like to know now is if he still has the full amount of money that he started off with.

It seems to me like maybe he just grew up a rich kid and doesn't understand how much trust we put into him to walk around with a million$ check.

LOL! It's always useful to have a hardcore pessimist around to point out possible pitfalls, but somehow I doubt that rich kids have to resort to couch surfing when they go on vacation  Roll Eyes
SpottedMarley

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 09:41:38 AM

... but somehow I doubt that rich kids have to resort to couch surfing when they go on vacation  Roll Eyes

Unless those rich kids are on a blacklist and have had all their accounts closed by their banks

According to his tweets even his personal accounts are being closed
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:27:47 PM

Working hard returning funds...

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:05:13 PM

Please stop messaging me on my personal Twitter account - Roman

Sure thing bud, as soon as you respond to emails sent to support@bitfloor.com. Don't give me that crap when you have my money and refuse to communicate other than saying you are enjoying all your free time.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
infested999

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:25:47 PM

https://twitter.com/defunctzombie/status/346405144939876352

What is the point of bank regulation and oversight if companies like this continue to thrive? http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/14/us-bankofamerica-mortgages-idUSBRE95D10O20130614 … (close your BoA accnt!)

Close your BitFloor account! Jesus does this guy even knows what it's like to be lied to by your bank, and then he proceeds with this?

I seriously now hope for a jail sentence for this scumbag. We are sitting in the same boat as any debt collector here, he can just ignore anything we can do. The only thing that will set him straight is the police at his door with a search warrant.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 08:29:35 PM

The only thing that will set him straight is the police at his door with a search warrant.

How would it do that?
infested999

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:46:02 PM

The only thing that will set him straight is the police at his door with a search warrant.

How would it do that?

Because it seems he doesn't realize he's holding onto a million dollars of other people's money.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:06:54 PM

How would it do that?

Because it seems he doesn't realize he's holding onto a million dollars of other people's money.

I try to be respectful and informed.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:20:58 PM

What is the point of bank regulation and oversight if companies like this continue to thrive? http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/14/us-bankofamerica-mortgages-idUSBRE95D10O20130614 … (close your BoA accnt!)
Close your BitFloor account!

What would you accomplish by closing your BitFloor account right now?

Jesus does this guy even knows what it's like to be lied to by your bank, and then he proceeds with this?

I'm not sure that Roman has said anything yet that has been demonstrated as a lie.

I agree that he hasn't been as communicative as we'd all like, and that he didn't take financial responsibility for the "hack" that occurred last fall.

However, neither of those things are outside the terms of service that we agreed to when we chose to use his service, and it'd be interesting to see if any U.S. court would recognize either behavior as illegal (as compared to the BoA practice that appears to be pretty clearly illegal).
Entropy-uc

Merit: 501

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:43:54 PM

Jesus does this guy even knows what it's like to be lied to by your bank, and then he proceeds with this?

I'm not sure that Roman has said anything yet that has been demonstrated as a lie.

I agree that he hasn't been as communicative as we'd all like, and that he didn't take financial responsibility for the "hack" that occurred last fall.

However, neither of those things are outside the terms of service that we agreed to when we chose to use his service, and it'd be interesting to see if any U.S. court would recognize either behavior as illegal (as compared to the BoA practice that appears to be pretty clearly illegal).

Please direct me to where I agreed he could seize my bitcoin by calling them on 'hold' and use the proceeds to continue funding his lifestyle through this business.

You are either a sock puppet for Roman or suffering from a bad case of Stockholm syndrome.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 07:10:39 PM

Please direct me to where I agreed he could seize my bitcoin by calling them on 'hold' and use the proceeds to continue funding his lifestyle through this business.

Likewise, please direct me to where you got information that Roman was the one who seized my bitcoin.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:19:03 PM

Likewise, please direct me to where you got information that Roman was the one who seized my bitcoin.
Russia;
you are starting to sound pretty disingenuous.    Who do you feel overpowered Roman and controlled his business decisions?    Do you actually believe some of the ridiculous rhetoric that you post?    So, you think someone other than Roman is preventing him from being a human being and forcing him to act like a complete piece of shit?

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 07:32:42 PM

Russia;
you are starting to sound pretty disingenuous.    Who do you feel overpowered Roman and controlled his business decisions?    Do you actually believe some of the ridiculous rhetoric that you post?    So, you think someone other than Roman is preventing him from being a human being and forcing him to act like a complete piece of shit?

What? No! I was just asking Entropy-uc to tell me where he got information that it was Roman who seized our bitcoins back in September, and not a thief as Roman claimed. I just want to confirm that for myself, that's all.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:03:42 PM

Russia;

What? No! I was just asking Entropy-uc to tell me where he got information that it was Roman who seized our bitcoins back in September, and not a thief as Roman claimed. I just want to confirm that for myself, that's all.
It would seem that Roman should prove that one, not a depositor.   Your question is silly at best, but as I read your constant berating of anyone who criticizes Roman, you lose more and more credibility and I actually wonder what skin you have in this game.    disingenuous is being polite.   Read your posts.   Think about the "facts" that you now know.   If I was on a jury of 12, there would be at least one guilty vote against Roman and I am pretty sure the other 11 would vote the same as me.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:39:51 PM

You are either a sock puppet for Roman or suffering from a bad case of Stockholm syndrome.

WTF?  How does that answer my question?  That doesn't even make sense.
Huh

Lets try that again, maybe you simply ignored my question because it was inconvenient for your agenda.  Lets try some of my other statements:

Nope, still doesn't make sense.  What do sock puppets, Stockholm syndrome, his lifestyle, or your opinion about why the bitcoins were called "on hold" offer in the way of proof "demonstrating a lie"?

Lets try again:

Sorry, still doesn't make any sense.  Nothing in that comment of mine about seizing your bitcoins or funding a lifestyle.  Nothing that would seem to indicate any socks, puppets, or Stockholm syndrome yet.  You really are cherry-picking and attempting to ignore context to push your agenda aren't you? I suppose there are some small-minded people who will fall for such a ruse, but what does that get you?

Ok, last sentence of my post.  I'm guessing this is going to have to be the one you're commenting on?

Ok, at least were starting to see some vague connection to reality now.  I mention the words "terms of service" and you reply with the phrase "direct me to where I agreed", I defend a behavior as possibly not being considered illegal under current laws, and you apparently feel I'm sympathizing enough to be under the influence of "Stockholm Syndrome".

Of course, if anyone takes 5 seconds to look at what I actually said, and what your comments assume I said, they'll quickly realize that you either are struggling with reading comprehension, or are intentionally attempting to imply meaning that doesn't exist by ignoring context and using name calling to attempt to draw me into a battle of insults rather than an analysis of facts.

Nothing was said by me about "you agreeing that he could seize your bitcoins".  My "neither of those things are outside the ToS" comment referred specifically to a Roman failing to take financial responsibility for providing insufficient security to prevent a "hack", and to his lack of communication.  Please show me a verifiable copy of the ToS that guarantees frequent communication in the event that the business is shut down, or where it indicates that BitFloor will reimburse you for any losses that result from a hacker gaining unauthorized access to any bitcoins stored by BitFloor.

We can continue this conversation if you can provide any one of the following:

• Reasonable proof that the bitcoins were stolen with the willful cooperation of a BitFloor employee
  • Reasonable proof that the ToS guarantees BitFloor will reimburse your losses do to unauthorized access
  • Reasonable proof that the ToS guarantees frequent communication from BitFloor
  • Reasonable proof that failing to communicate more often is illegal
  • Reasonable proof that failing to replace bitcoins that were stolen by unauthorized access while otherwise under BitFloor's control is illegal

Barring your ability to provide anything substantial, I think we are done.  Any further attempt to misconstrue my words, or flame-bait me will result in your being placed into the "ignore" list.
Entropy-uc

Merit: 501

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:52:51 PM

Roman held the bitcoin in trust, and then defaulted on delivery.  He claims that was the result of a 'hack', but no proof has ever been shown.  Neither has a police report for the supposed theft.

Regardless of the reason he found himself short 25000 BTC, refusing to make good on the coins on deposit was a seizure of the coins.  I never agreed to allow him to continue operating while holding my coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: