Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:03:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfloor issues?  (Read 55494 times)
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 07:04:14 AM

He was free to file bankruptcy, as any person or company can when their liabilities exceed their obligations.

You do know what happens when a Limited Liability Corporation that has no money at all files for bankruptcy, right?

I certainly do.

I expect that the domain name, trademarks and software would have sold in liquidation for more than was recovered by waiting and hoping Roman would turn out to be a responsible adult.  Someone competent could have stepped in and operated what was a promising contender to replace Mt.Gox.  They might even have offered to transform the bitcoin debt into equity in the new company.

Now, between the damage to goodwill that Roman has done to the trademark, and Fincen's position on regulation, the company is probably worthless.  That is the problem with allowing an incompetent to continue operating a company; they actually reduce the value of the company over time instead of increasing it.

All you need is 3 creditors and a lawyer: http://bankruptcy.cooley.com/2012/05/articles/business-bankruptcy-issues/forced-into-bankruptcy-the-involuntary-bankruptcy-process/

Go for it.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
SpottedMarley

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 11:26:14 PM

Hey you guys I just got my money back!

...psyche!  Grin
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:04:51 PM

He was free to file bankruptcy, as any person or company can when their liabilities exceed their obligations.

You do know what happens when a Limited Liability Corporation that has no money at all files for bankruptcy, right?

I certainly do.

I expect that the domain name, trademarks and software would have sold in liquidation for more than was recovered by waiting and hoping Roman would turn out to be a responsible adult.  Someone competent could have stepped in and operated what was a promising contender to replace Mt.Gox.  They might even have offered to transform the bitcoin debt into equity in the new company.

Now, between the damage to goodwill that Roman has done to the trademark, and Fincen's position on regulation, the company is probably worthless.  That is the problem with allowing an incompetent to continue operating a company; they actually reduce the value of the company over time instead of increasing it.

All you need is 3 creditors and a lawyer: http://bankruptcy.cooley.com/2012/05/articles/business-bankruptcy-issues/forced-into-bankruptcy-the-involuntary-bankruptcy-process/

Go for it.

What makes you think it hasn't already happened?

Optimists hear that Roman is sleeping on people's couches and think he's a happy go lucky hippy trying to make good on his debts.

To me, it sounds like a guy hiding from process servers.

I was never good at hiding from process servers. Maybe he could provide the rest of us some tips if it's anything more than couch surfing.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:04:40 PM

Posted on the Bitfloor website today:

We are still working on the process by which funds will be returned and appreciate everyone's understanding as we work to return your funds.

Soooooo,  how many months will it actually take, if at all?  Maybe by next year? Wink

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 09:07:49 PM

Next millenium.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:00:27 AM

Posted on the Bitfloor website today:

We are still working on the process by which funds will be returned and appreciate everyone's understanding as we work to return your funds.

Soooooo,  how many months will it actually take, if at all?  Maybe by next year? Wink

Any update is a good update.
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 01:05:53 PM

I'm interested to hear that, according to AudenX's most recent email update, some individuals have lost patience and are filing suit against Roman and Bitfloor. While I'm not optimistic about the effect it will have on my own personal refund, I am hoping that it will at least put some added fire under Roman's butthole to .. i dont know.. maybe do something.
infested999

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:36:34 AM

I'm interested to hear that, according to AudenX's most recent email update, some individuals have lost patience and are filing suit against Roman and Bitfloor. While I'm not optimistic about the effect it will have on my own personal refund, I am hoping that it will at least put some added fire under Roman's butthole to .. i dont know.. maybe do something.

What can I sign-up to this lawsuit?

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 12:56:10 PM

As I understand it, no class action suit has been started. These law suits are being filed by individuals.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:12:59 PM

As I understand it, no class action suit has been started. These law suits are being filed by individuals.

What is the claim in the lawsuit?

I try to be respectful and informed.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 01:19:07 PM

No idea. Something serious seems to be going down I guess.

SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 04:32:08 PM

I don't have that information. I'm only going off of the info provided by AudenX in the most recent email update:

"I have been reading discussions on Twitter, /r/bitcoin, and bitcointalk.org over the last week that indicate some individual Bitfloor users have recently taken legal actions against Roman and Bitfloor. I am going to reach out to those users to learn what they have done and try to find out how those actions might affect refunds."

I would have to assume that some folks with a lot more money at stake than me have had enough of the silent treatment.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:39:33 PM

I don't have that information. I'm only going off of the info provided by AudenX in the most recent email update:

"I have been reading discussions on Twitter, /r/bitcoin, and bitcointalk.org over the last week that indicate some individual Bitfloor users have recently taken legal actions against Roman and Bitfloor. I am going to reach out to those users to learn what they have done and try to find out how those actions might affect refunds."

I would have to assume that some folks with a lot more money at stake than me have had enough of the silent treatment.

Even so, for a lawsuit they have to allege some wrong, and offer some way to gain satisfaction.
If they are tired of the silent treatment, I am not sure that is the basis of a complaint.

I try to be respectful and informed.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4672

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:39:46 PM

I haven't seen anything on twitter regarding any lawsuits.

I suspect that when AudenX says "taken legal actions" he is referring to several tweets by Carl Hopkinson urging people to "file a complaint with FBI's CyberCrime division against Roman Shtylman and Bitfloor".
https://twitter.com/ch25061/status/349315668119785472
AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:50:29 PM

I invite anyone with any news regarding a lawsuit to post sources.
infested999

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 11:44:35 PM

Whenever this 10 days is up, I'm interested in seeing what he pulls out of his ass as the "best way to return your funds to you."

- April 28, 2013

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 09:15:04 AM

Whenever this 10 days is up, I'm interested in seeing what he pulls out of his ass as the "best way to return your funds to you."

- April 28, 2013

I am in no way interested in seeing Roman Shtylman pull anything out of his ass. Not even actual money.

If he pulls money directly out of his ass it will definitely need to be laundered... and there are laws against that.
infested999

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:40:20 PM

- April 28, 2013

I am in no way interested in seeing Roman Shtylman pull anything out of his ass. Not even actual money.

If he pulls money directly out of his ass it will definitely need to be laundered... and there are laws against that.

I would rather get dirty money mailed to me than wait 10 years for the "real" funds. That is if he didn't already spend all of out money on flights to San Fran

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 02:22:12 PM

I would rather get dirty money mailed to me than wait 10 years for the "real" funds. That is if he didn't already spend all of out money on flights to San Fran

Yeah I was pretty much just making a really bad joke about poo .. sorry

AudenX's newest email update has a positive vibe to it. It seems they are gearing up to release another update. I wonder if it will contain information.
infested999

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 02:28:21 PM

Fuck you Bitfloor

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: