Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:29:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfloor issues?  (Read 55493 times)
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:37:06 PM

Your refund information is under review. Once reviewed, your refund will be sent to you electronically.

Great to hear!

No it has been like this since the minute the site let people submit requests.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
dc81

Activity: 108
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:48:02 PM

PSA: If you deleted GAuth key for bitfloor, but saved the QR code somewhere, you will have to hit refresh many times before you get to a workable code. For some reason bitfloor used counter based rather than time based, so you have to get past the last code you used to login.

PSA #2: Always save/print the QR code whenever you add a new GAuth code.

mrbrt

Activity: 707

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 06:42:29 PM

PSA: If you deleted GAuth key for bitfloor, but saved the QR code somewhere, you will have to hit refresh many times before you get to a workable code. For some reason bitfloor used counter based rather than time based, so you have to get past the last code you used to login.

Anyone know if there is a possibility of restoring GAuth keys from an old iOS backup?
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:08:49 PM

Anyone know if there is a possibility of restoring GAuth keys from an old iOS backup?

Nope, not possible.  Ran into this problem when I lost my old iPod touch.. Best to take a photo of the QR code and save it someplace secure just in case.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:06:19 AM

Did IACU contact anyone today to verify acount information?

I try to be respectful and informed.
mrbrt

Activity: 707

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:07:57 AM

I submitted my information to IAFCU on Saturday and did not hear from them today.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4672

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:46:32 AM

I submitted my information to IAFCU on Saturday and did not hear from them today.

I had the same experience (submitted Sat. did not hear today).
SpottedMarley

Activity: 135

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 08:32:58 AM

I submitted mine the other day, yesterday I called them. The person I spoke with said that it was in processing, would be set up tomorrow (today) and I would get a call this afternoon.

FenixRD

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 02:25:08 AM

Waiting on my funds now.

FYI, for anyone who has been in this thread for a while, a couple months back I offered to buy the debt off of people at fractional amounts (between 1:2 and 1:8, depending on various factors, tailored to the person I was PMed by). If you guys are curious, the reason I went silent on it is, after communicating with Roman, some guys working with him also shortly got back to me with the intentions of using the IAFCU, and ran through it with me, under NDA that I would not say anything about it. That is why I stopped offering to buy the debt, and why I never carried on with any of the agreements I had began with a few of you.

tl;dr -- never bought any debt. Bad for me, in the sense that I had information to capitalize on, but hey, at least I can sleep at night. ...But I suppose I am still a scumbag, as some stated earlier? You know who you are. The same crowd being a little more than just pissed with Roman, and bordering on psychotic. But I suppose you may be eating those words now too, and now think Roman's a pretty cool guy? Until the next time you drag the drama llama through our forum, I guess, right? /rant

*sigh* anyway, glad this seems to finally be getting sorted (except for the guys who lost BTC in the theft way back in the day). Certainly took a while... hooray, banks...

--Fnx

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 02:31:50 AM

There's USD debt and BTC debt... one may be fixed, the other may never be?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
FenixRD

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 02:37:04 AM

There's USD debt and BTC debt... one may be fixed, the other may never be?

If you had BTC in bitfloor, you could have withdrawn that ages ago. The balance as USD was held because of Capital One seizing and closing the account, which now appears to be set for disbursal through the IAFCU.

If you had BTC in bitfloor a few years ago that you lost when their hot wallet was hacked back in the day, that was gone, and still is gone. He has stated an intention to attempt to pay it back (presumably in USD based on the value at the time, as no other way would be sane, but a BTC is fine too...) but that may never be feasible in this timeline.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 02:50:00 AM

It is the latter.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:34:11 AM

I am glad that it appears funds will be arriving soon.  I did not have much in my Bitfloor account so I was not too worried regardless, but still enough that it will be nice to get it back.

That said, I really wish the Bitfloor site could resume trading.  It was so much better than Mt. Gox. and I always thought Roman was a decent kind of guy.  Perhaps in over his head at times!?  With all the VCs throwing money around wouldn't one want to take an exchange that already has some success and take it to the next level.  But I am sure they have their own projects they are working on.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4672

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:10:44 AM

- snip -
If you had BTC in bitfloor a few years ago that you lost when their hot wallet was hacked back in the day, that was gone, and still is gone.
- snip -

You mean 10 months ago, right?
krudkeeper

Activity: 182

Hodl regularly and often!

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 09:37:53 AM

Glad they are going to pay out finally! Smiley

🆙
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 10:09:23 AM

So will bitfloor be reopening now?

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
infested999

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:11:06 PM

Waiting on my funds now.

FYI, for anyone who has been in this thread for a while, a couple months back I offered to buy the debt off of people at fractional amounts (between 1:2 and 1:8, depending on various factors, tailored to the person I was PMed by). If you guys are curious, the reason I went silent on it is, after communicating with Roman, some guys working with him also shortly got back to me with the intentions of using the IAFCU, and ran through it with me, under NDA that I would not say anything about it. That is why I stopped offering to buy the debt, and why I never carried on with any of the agreements I had began with a few of you.

tl;dr -- never bought any debt. Bad for me, in the sense that I had information to capitalize on, but hey, at least I can sleep at night. ...But I suppose I am still a scumbag, as some stated earlier? You know who you are. The same crowd being a little more than just pissed with Roman, and bordering on psychotic. But I suppose you may be eating those words now too, and now think Roman's a pretty cool guy? Until the next time you drag the drama llama through our forum, I guess, right? /rant

*sigh* anyway, glad this seems to finally be getting sorted (except for the guys who lost BTC in the theft way back in the day). Certainly took a while... hooray, banks...

--Fnx

You were under NDA to not disclose that Roman was using IAFCU. If you had any trust, why didn't you go through with it and buy up people's debt?

Since you were buying the debt at a 1:2 ratio, that means that you thought there was a less than 50% chance you will never see the money again, and you had a personal relationship with BitFloor...

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
SpottedMarley

Activity: 135

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 01:36:41 PM

That said, I really wish the Bitfloor site could resume trading.  It was so much better than Mt. Gox. and I always thought Roman was a decent kind of guy.  Perhaps in over his head at times!?  With all the VCs throwing money around wouldn't one want to take an exchange that already has some success and take it to the next level.  But I am sure they have their own projects they are working on.

Have you tried CampBX? I've been there since Bitfloor collapsed. It's a bit like Bitfloor in terms of volume and activity but has a lot of nice features.. based in Atlanta, GE.

I'm happy with them so far.
dirtscience

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:21:42 PM

Bitfloor is working fine for me right now.
FenixRD

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:25:48 PM

Bitfloor is a scam.

I love when I get to hide a poster entirely due to sheer useless post content. Welcome to that list.

Bitfloor is working fine for me right now.

You might make it today too. Not sure if trolling or just actually stupid. In case of #2: BitFloor used to be a trading platform. It is most certainly not working fine; or, if it is ("hehehe website works hehehe") then it has pretty much always been fine. You might notice there is nowhere to trade or deposit, only to withdraw. Also in the case of #2, I apologize for being a bit short-tempered today. I am irritated based on the post from infested999 I will be replying to further down...

- snip -
If you had BTC in bitfloor a few years ago that you lost when their hot wallet was hacked back in the day, that was gone, and still is gone.
- snip -

You mean 10 months ago, right?

Was it really only last fall? It felt like it was almost 2 years ago, now. Wow, Bitcoinland time dilation is real! Smiley

It is the latter.

Yeah. I am glad that I had very little (a couple dozen BTC, worth a lot now, but not then) in there at that time.

You were under NDA to not disclose that Roman was using IAFCU. If you had any trust, why didn't you go through with it and buy up people's debt?

Since you were buying the debt at a 1:2 ratio, that means that you thought there was a less than 50% chance you will never see the money again, and you had a personal relationship with BitFloor...

Okay, I will spell it out for you a second time. I began offering ratios to folks to buy their debt, based on the factors I was aware of at the time. And therefore, yes, if I was offering a ratio, I thought the opportunity existed over time to recover either that money or something of equivalent value. (I was working on a decentralized trading project -- still am -- and in that potential future, the money I had lost would be recovered indirectly over time, by attracting and offering vouchers to folks with BTC debt, etc, into the new trading platform.) If you wish to believe that I had takers or not is up to you.

I got into communication with BitFloor explore a simple method to roll over accounts into one consolidated account of debt in my name, and how to prove with contracts etc to Roman that this had occurred. A few days later, their lawyer and mine had NDA set up and filled me in on the plans (still not guaranteed at that time of course -- or even now, this very minute, since none of us yet has our money back, but things are looking up, at least). This was not a "personal" relationship with a damn thing; it was a contractual, business relationship.

This part is the part that may really, really be hard for you to understand. It really shouldn't be, because it makes financial sense in a way, too. The reason that I didn't go through with it is because that would be wrong. My ratios were based on information that didn't include the communication from Roman's side. That information was compelling enough in detail that I comfortably believed in us getting our funds back. Thus, I felt there were pretty decent odds that the likely potential future was one where I would have many unhappy fellows wishing they had never sold me that debt, when the money started rolling in. Given my other projects, that would not make sense.

If I were an immoral dickhead like many folks around here, I would buy the debt anyway, and this account would disappear, and I would alter plans slightly and offer the trading platform (if I ever finish it and the marketplace is in a condition for it to succeed) from a new account. My identity is still non-associated in real life, with this account. But I am not in this forum or Bitcoin itself for short-term fleecing of other inhabitants of this planet. That aspect of human behavior is how we came to need Bitcoin in the first place. (Otherwise the banks would be honest, lovely people, rather than like this:http://news.firedoglake.com/2013/06/19/bank-of-america-gave-bonuses-to-foreclose-on-clients-lied-to-homeowners/)

Anyone who cannot understand why one might behave honestly and sacrifice short-term gain (which is inconsequential as time goes to inf), where said gain is not part of a net-sum-positive trade, is part of the problem.

-Citizenfive
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: