Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:16:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your bitcoins?  (Read 48734 times)
pavelkdr

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:59:04 AM

We all have to keep bitcoin in a secure area, with robust safety and in a trustworthy place. I use the regional exchange internet site to maintain bitcoin, it is quite protected, it has some ferification stage to go bitcoin.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:57:02 AM

I keep my Bitcoin at Bittrex Exchange and Bitcoin at the coinbase in the account.I think i will trade and make some bitcoin profits. Grin Grin
Just an advise, do not put all your bitcoin in exchanges and online bitcoin wallets because they are risky and you can lose your bitcoins because the exchanges are not worthy to put your bitcoin because you don't have the private key of their wallet where you can recover your bitcoin once they got hacked or have some problems in handling bitcoins. So it is better to have a personal wallet like hardware wallet in keeping your bitcoins.
Aum Ram

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:48:53 AM

I keep my Bitcoin at Bittrex Exchange and Bitcoin at the coinbase in the account.I think i will trade and make some bitcoin profits. Grin Grin
Just an advise, do not put all your bitcoin in exchanges and online bitcoin wallets because they are risky and you can lose your bitcoins because the exchanges are not worthy to put your bitcoin because you don't have the private key of their wallet where you can recover your bitcoin once they got hacked or have some problems in handling bitcoins. So it is better to have a personal wallet like hardware wallet in keeping your bitcoins.
I agree with you. I keep my bitcoins on the hardware wallet Trezor. In my opinion - this is one of the best options for the safe storage of bitcoins. I have been using it for three years and i'm very satisfied.
magicmeyk

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:50:05 AM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

In my country we have a local wallet for bitcoin and it safe to keep there. But I don't put all my bitcoins there because I'm using it for trading alt coins.
Radoyan1188

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:20:01 PM

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

it's good thing altcoin always increase if you buy some coin and keep it long time. at a time you can make huge profit. but some problem for right store. now many people victim hacker. so first you need find Wright store. always better offline wallet. you want to long time hold so tell you can select offline wallet.
ajochems

Activity: 1305
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:32:47 PM

I agree with you. I keep my bitcoins on the hardware wallet Trezor. In my opinion - this is one of the best options for the safe storage of bitcoins. I have been using it for three years and i'm very satisfied.

Even you can try coin base. I am using Coin base  for more than two years. It's a trusted one.It's a offline wallet. You can keep your bitcoin .I had keep till it reach the value of 0.5 BTC.I think, you can make more then that value. I think you can keep more than 1 Bitcoin. To store in a wallet, you need passion to save bitcoin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
btcbringer

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:42:10 PM

In my country we have a local wallet for bitcoin and it safe to keep there. But I don't put all my bitcoins there because I'm using it for trading alt coins.
agree, although i look forward to bitcoin, i keep it on the exchange to make the trading, and i think exchange is much safer than years ago, i rarely heard exchange hacked now, and i believe even hacked, exchange will pay for the users, of course, it should be large exchange
maii

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:16:31 PM

I think it would be better to keep it in a private wallet instead of on the wallet exchange
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:55:55 PM

I think it would be better to keep it in a private wallet instead of on the wallet exchange
You are right, mate, It's more risky if you save you bitcoin in an exchange service, It's better to save that in a web wallet or in an offline wallet. Personally, I store my bitcoin in my two web wallets which it blockchain and xapo, but i always use my blockchain wallets, because i think it's more secure and also easy to use, Furthermore, bitcoin transactions fees in blockchain is more low than xapo.

Johj

Activity: 176
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:01:11 PM

I keep my Bitcoins at an exchange. Only because I'm daytrading though Wink Hardware wallets and off-exchange wallets are recommended. Don't get Mt.Gox'd.
StonedWolf

Activity: 308
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:10:02 PM

I use an online wallet (blockchain) even though this is not safe, I keep my bitcoin not too long and I will soon sell it. than I keep it on the desktop will be easier in attack the virus and my coins will be lost.

We are both in the same case, my money is in the blockchain wallet and I am thinking in saving them in the desktop but I thought to be hacked by a virus, especially that the viruses are in very important numbers in our days and thet could enter in your PC any moment by the internet.

Crypto_trader87

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:24:50 PM

I was just putting my bitcoin in my web wallet and wait to grow the price i am also joining in some bounty campaign just to earn some extta bitcoin to add my earning

Didle1938

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:14:45 AM

Though I shop my bitcoin on on the internet wallet (blockchain most if it), but many thanks to this forum that produced me to understand that it is not protected and obtaining a desktop or paper wallet is far better. Nonetheless making an attempt to decipher which to use although.
poisonivy77

Activity: 231

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:33:05 AM

The way i'm keeping my bitcoin is through online wallet.i'm keeping it in a block chain wallet paper wallet seem good too. but i am planning on having my bitcoin in an online keeping.

ankit05

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:46:13 AM

if i earn bitcoin. i would like to spend my bitcoin in share market . I use an online wallet service also. and i would like to save some money in my wallet in future.
PETES

Activity: 456

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:58:33 AM

I use an online wallet (blockchain) even though this is not safe, I keep my bitcoin not too long and I will soon sell it. than I keep it on the desktop will be easier in attack the virus and my coins will be lost.

We are both in the same case, my money is in the blockchain wallet and I am thinking in saving them in the desktop but I thought to be hacked by a virus, especially that the viruses are in very important numbers in our days and thet could enter in your PC any moment by the internet.

You guys should try using ledger nano or trezor, these two are hardware wallet.
If you wanna secure your coins you should also invest in your wallet, yeah it's quite expensive but worth for the price.
Passive Coin

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Passive Coin - low supply coin with backing fund!

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 06:17:42 AM

I keep my Bitcoins in blockchain.info and in Bittrex exchange.
However, for sake of my project purposes, I need to open extra safe browser-based multi-wallet, where I can easily control private keys and keep them offline.

◄ Passive Coin Project Website ►
 ◄ Low 500K Supply Coin with Growing & Diversified Backing Fund! ►
●  Passive Coin Bitcointalk Topic  ●  Buy & Sell Passive Coin  ●  Passive Coin Twitter  ●  Passive Coin Facebook  ●
catalystal

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:21:33 AM

Currently I am not holding that many coins. So I am keeping them in my online wallet. If my holdings get considerably bigger (i.e. more than BTC1), then I will consider moving them to a hardware wallet such as Trezor. Keeping large amounts of coins in online wallets is not 100% safe. Also, there are a lot of wallet robberies going on right now.
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:50:38 PM

if i earn bitcoin. i would like to spend my bitcoin in share market . I use an online wallet service also. and i would like to save some money in my wallet in future.

Well that is pretty obvious for someone like me who is aware and have quite the knowledge, but for those who are new to the community then yes, it will be stored in a wallet. I don't know what kind of wallet you are going to use so it is necessary to research the different kinds of wallets, what are their advantages and disadvantages, well depends on how you will use it though.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
Macukica

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:16:11 PM

One of the most popular and cheapest options for keeping your bitcoins safe is something called a paper wallet. There are several sites offering paper bitcoin wallet services. They will generate a bitcoin address for you and create an image containing two QR codes: one is the public address that you can use to receive bitcoins; the other is the private key, which you can use to spend bitcoins stored at that address.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: