Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:52:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your bitcoins?  (Read 48735 times)
Syella.A

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:39:02 AM

I save my bitcoin in my wallet. many wallets can now be believed. but I keep using wallet wallet that I have been using for a long time.  Smiley

Orionix        |│        The Future of Gaming Comission Free Games And Items Exchange
[   YOUTUBE   ]      [ AIRDROP ]      [    DISCORD    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:58:33 AM

I usually store Bitcoin in Coinbase and Blockchain both online wallet is very good and has a complete security system.
Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:02:06 AM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

Never expose this information even to family. Put it in your will. 🤡
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:51:40 AM

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

I highly recommend hardware wallet. Hardware wallet is a good choice for long term investment because it is only connected thru Internet which means it is not exposed to hackers. It is highly  secure  because you cannot access it without the physical device and it has a pinhole. I highly recommend Trezor or Ledger nano as the leading hardware wallet in the industry.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:38:45 PM

In a wallet i like to use blockchain because last year my friends bitcoin got hacked and that is when he realized he needed a better wallet and that is when he chose blockchain and told me about

it and i use it too and there has never been any problem at all.
I have stumbled into many people rather crypto coin holders who keep their digital currencies in online wallets and have never encountered any sort of loss. Definitely, they take a lot of care while surfing the net. As far as someone is not using net blindly, nothing wrong can happen to his money.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:43:04 PM

I practically have account in all the online wallets but I don't use them and its because of the conflicting information on the forum that one have to read on the safest one to use. I use blockchain mostly because of its flexibility why I also use Electrum for long term savings and basically its due to August 1 need to coins safe.
johnarce

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:33:54 PM

If you are looking for a good usability — look at buying a hardware wallet. These hardware wallets works by scheme described above, but also they have some unique advantages.
Red Fire

Activity: 189
Merit: 28

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:36:50 PM

I keep my butcoins in my offline wallet then from there sometimes I converted it to my currency if the exchange is high then I convert again my moneybinto bitcoin it is like back and forth but it is not enough to have a big amount of bitcoin because nowadays bitcoin's value dump.
sicparvismagna

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:40:25 PM

I want to keep them safe in bitcoin wallet like putting on a coin so in a few years later I can use as investments to start making business or maybe trade it at high price for those willing to invest in it.
keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:47:36 PM

currently using blockchain.info wallet, since I don't trade with huge amounts of bitcoin and I'm keeping it safe as much as I can and also, as soon as I recieve the bitcoin, I trade it asap for fiat so I barely have anything on my wallet right now. Smiley
Me im using coins.ph as my wallet. For all the bitcoin that I Receive from signature campaign I keep it there because it was the safest wallet here in our country and its easy to convert to our fiat and I can easily used it to buy things that I want. Coins.ph was only wallet that I trust most because it was made for filipino people. But I also have blockchain.info wallet but only few lf my bitcoin was there.

Rishabh riyz

Activity: 357

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:51:53 AM

I keep some of my bitcoins in wallet for them to grow their value in future,and invest the remaining BTC by buying some other crypto like ETH as an asset so that they would become profitable in future.
For me investment is a good way to keep bitcoins as by them we can distribute our earnings so that no one can hack in and take all of them .
Every investment has some amount of Risk , but if we study about the thing that we are investing in we can reduce the chances of failure.
muarip

Activity: 591

WATANABE

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:57:46 AM

currently using blockchain.info wallet, since I don't trade with huge amounts of bitcoin and I'm keeping it safe as much as I can and also, as soon as I recieve the bitcoin, I trade it asap for fiat so I barely have anything on my wallet right now. Smiley
Me im using coins.ph as my wallet. For all the bitcoin that I Receive from signature campaign I keep it there because it was the safest wallet here in our country and its easy to convert to our fiat and I can easily used it to buy things that I want. Coins.ph was only wallet that I trust most because it was made for filipino people. But I also have blockchain.info wallet but only few lf my bitcoin was there.

A good wallet to use and only the philippines who use it but does it work complicated for Filipinos?  Smiley

Cacaparg

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:45:49 AM

I dont have so many bitcoins to install desctop wallet , especially that my laptop is not so strong.under this circumstance i keep my  bitcoins on bitrexx walet.
newlone

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:58:14 AM

I dont have so many bitcoins to install desctop wallet , especially that my laptop is not so strong.under this circumstance i keep my  bitcoins on bitrexx walet.
I agree with your point of view, Using web wallets is very handy than using desktop wallets very much but it has a lot of limitations and certain risks.
These things can not be avoided as a user, not the person who created them.
millgates

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:03:49 AM

I practically have account in all the online wallets but I don't use them and its because of the conflicting information on the forum that one have to read on the safest one to use. I use blockchain mostly because of its flexibility why I also use Electrum for long term savings and basically its due to August 1 need to coins safe.
Use different online wallet is good to determine which online wallet is the best one.  Blockchain wallet is very good in flexibility and transparency in showing a transaction on bitcoin.  In this wallet we can see the hours,  date,  month,  year,  a transaction on the bitcoin is done.  There is good feature in this wallet namely quick send, by using this feature we can send bitcoin without having to set the amount of fee. I'll keep using this wallet for store small amount of bitcoin no matter what.
yishak

Activity: 269

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:21:04 AM

Don't put your bitcoins on paxful I heard some bad reviews about that site on sitejabber. Rather than paxful store your bitcoins on an offline wallet to keep it secure.
I recommend you use Electrum wallet. Electrum provides you with a 12 word that you can use to restore  your wallet if it is lost. So signup on electrum, save that 12 word,comeback after 5-10 years and use that 12 words to access your accnt
pecson134

Activity: 630

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:25:34 AM

I don't earn such a large amount of bitcoins so in my case when I already receive the bitcoins I earned on campaigns I already converted it into the currency in my country and cash out them. Then after that the money I got will be placed either on my secret stash or I just put them in my bank if I decided not to hold them in my home.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
arlinxoha

Activity: 402
Merit: 101

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 11:05:25 AM

I keep my Bitcoin in an online coinbase wallet. But many say it's a lot of risk. But I do not think the risks. Because I have enough privacy. I do not trade. Because I do not have so much money. So I withdraw money while I need it.

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:50:06 PM

I keep my Bitcoin in an online coinbase wallet. But many say it's a lot of risk. But I do not think the risks. Because I have enough privacy. I do not trade. Because I do not have so much money. So I withdraw money while I need it.
Yes it is risky in online wallets, but if you're using it only for your daily or weekly needs then its fine. Its only risky to HODL in some online wallets, so it is recommended to own many online wallets and scatter your coins, for safety purposes that is. And every online wallet has its own security and confirmation so make sure to do those things, it is your responsible really. But if you really have such amount of coins then use hardware wallet since it has the most security so far.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:51:43 PM

What is your opinion of Electrum Bitcoin wallet?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: