Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:28:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your bitcoins?  (Read 48735 times)
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 01:25:08 PM

I keep my bitcoins by just storing it on a desktop bitcoin wallet because i don't own a lot of bitcoin just ranging from 2-5 bitcoin and after i reached that amount, i will sell it and deposit my cash in to my bank account and wait for another great buy opportunity for bitcoin. That is just how i store and use my bitcoin. I'm comfortable with desktop wallet because i don't download too much apps and i'm pretty sure that i'm safe.
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:43:25 PM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

What kind of investment are you going to do with your bitcoin? If you are saying that you are goin to invest your bitcoin in those HYIP sites out there, then you are probably out of your mind, specially if you are going to invest all of your bitcoins there. Investing it on HYIPs is not safe at all, if you truly want your bitcoin to be in the safe place, then I suggest you to save it on a wallet that you are the only one who knows the password and the private key of it, to be sure that your bitcoin is in the "Safe" place.

And I'm just saving my bitcoin on my wallet and not investing it to some HYIPs out there like what you are trying to do, If I'm not mistaken. I'm saving it, holding it and wait until its price go beyond its price limit again, in that way, I could have my profit for being patience on holding this for a long time.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:46:54 PM

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

Cold on loaded physical bitcoins..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:53:16 PM

I just hide it in my wallet. And I'm ensuring it daily that my bitcoin wallet is safe. Many hackers can hack wallet but Make sure that your password is not the same in the other site. Because other site is not safe and if they hack that site they can get your password and use it to open your other account in other website.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:53:51 PM

I use several wallets, never use just one and keep all my coins just at one place. I'm also careful with my passwords, watching out for malwares and similar. I think I'm prety safe but there is always the risk so you have to be very careful with your wallet and your personal data.

malaj
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:56:11 PM

How does Satoshi keeping his coins? I think if we just ignore that we have bitcoins at all it's safer and more profitable, imagine what happens if everyone stop selling their bitcoins? since the demand is increasing every day the price grows much more than $1100, I even have decided not to move anything that I earn in different advertising campaigns and anything earned in trading is exchanged to altcoins and sent to their safe wallets of mine.

Cold on loaded physical bitcoins..
Do you think physical coins are untouchable? one of the downsides of virtual money is the lack of physical form, they're saved(attached) into the private keys.
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:57:48 PM

I'm still relying on the same wallet i used to store my bitcoins two years ago. I've been using Blockchain wallet to keep my btc and a local wallet for converting it to loca lcurrency. I will only try to use hard wallet if i had a large amount of bitcoins.
same with me. I currently use the online wallet "blokchain" for storing my bitcoin. very flexible and easy to use. but I was pretty annoyed with the default fee of blockchain that is high enough
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 03:01:01 PM

First of all you are doing a great job in thinking ahead.
They say thumb drive or a hardware wallet here but all those could get wrecked also if your hard drive fails then you might get more problem.
Some say paper wallet and I would have to agree with that. That is one safest thing that you would do and that might last longer than others.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 03:03:42 PM

You have couple thousand bitcoins or you want to spend couple thousand dollars (or whatever currency you are using) to buy BTC with it?

With that amount of coins I wouldn't hesitate to invest in hardware wallet, either Ledger Nano or Trezor.
The main feature of hardware wallets is that they generate Bitcoin private keys in offline environment.

Using 3rd party online wallets, exchanges, other services is irresponsible behaviour. They are no suitable for storing large amount of BTC.
mrkevio

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 03:05:27 PM

They say thumb drive or a hardware wallet here but all those could get wrecked also if your hard drive fails then you might get more problem.
Some say paper wallet and I would have to agree with that. That is one safest thing that you would do and that might last longer than others.

Laminate it and put it in a fireproof safe. And you're done Cheesy there's nothing safer than paper - I wish I had written things on paper that I lost. Virtual is virtual.

AUDREY23

Activity: 323

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 05:06:39 PM

My my bitcoin wallet for the function there is just for saved without having taken nothing left for groceries the day so that the money has entered the coin purse savings can not be retrieved. it is saving the old days later.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1372
Merit: 623

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 05:22:52 PM

Laminate it and put it in a fireproof safe. And you're done Cheesy there's nothing safer than paper - I wish I had written things on paper that I lost. Virtual is virtual.

For me if i really want to hold for a long time paper is not the best option for me i will use my brain to save and memorize the password.. or
If you want to save your private keys make it rar and save it to 3 different website that you can save it privately the rar file should be 16 character password that will be hardly bruteforce and upload it in 3 cloud site like in google.. or mediafire or 4shared..  and download it in the future if you want to sell your bitcoin and get your backup private keys and wallet.dat. its more safe for me because paper can be gone easily and you could not find it anymore once its gone..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
virusasog

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 06:08:07 PM

My my bitcoin wallet for the function there is just for saved without having taken nothing left for groceries the day so that the money has entered the coin purse savings can not be retrieved. it is saving the old days later.

Everyone use to save their bitcoins in their online wallet or other offline alternatives only. I use blockchain and coinbase wallet from past 2 years. I haven't lost any of my bitcoins. Simply it is been secured for me. I hope you are using the same kind wallets.
Watershin

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 06:27:50 PM

I use 3 wallets, one is electrum which I use on my pc,
The second one is original bitcoin wallet for android, I use it for payments when I'm out and I need bitcoins urgently.
And third one is a physical bitcoin which I use to store excess bitcoins which I'll be redeeming in far future or in a case of emergency.
coin revolution

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 11:02:13 PM

People with too many bitcoins use hardware wallets. There are people who use paper wallets. People with fewer bitcoins like me are using online wallets.

But there's no need to be too paranoid. If your operating system is safe, I think it would be enough to use a desktop wallet.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 12:07:13 AM

I use 3 wallets, one is electrum which I use on my pc,
The second one is original bitcoin wallet for android, I use it for payments when I'm out and I need bitcoins urgently.
And third one is a physical bitcoin which I use to store excess bitcoins which I'll be redeeming in far future or in a case of emergency.
using the wallet in android course it will provide convenience to transact. because it will be very flexible because you can carry the phone wherever, but I worry about is the safety of the wallet?
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 12:54:10 AM

Ahuh. If the time frame's 5 - 10 yrs then paper wallets is indeed the way to go. Make several copies, laminate it, and keep one in your safe, wallet(physical), room, etc. Anywhere you feel is safe.

I'm not too keen on hardware wallets since who's to say it'd still be working 5 - 10 years on.  Cheesy

Anyway, web wallets for spending money (or just so I'd have access to some coins anywhere) .
Desktop wallets for the main one.
Paper wallets for long time holding.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
nara1892

Activity: 1610
Merit: 685

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 05:30:54 AM

How do you currently store your coins?

I store it on an online wallet even there is a way safer. but I never put any bitcoin on an exchange. many people say that it is dangerous because of scamming or the other reasons. So if you are going to save many bitcoins, I suggest you to save it on an offline wallet.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Meliodasama

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 06:35:24 AM

same with me i have low volume in online trading too
just because bitcoin have fluctuative rate
its no benefit if you can't manage it , then the withdraw fee also high too

need good management to keep bitcoin safely & get profit
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 06:51:56 AM

I'm still relying on the same wallet i used to store my bitcoins two years ago. I've been using Blockchain wallet to keep my btc and a local wallet for converting it to loca lcurrency. I will only try to use hard wallet if i had a large amount of bitcoins.

This is also the same idea on how I am keeping my coins. But if you do have a bigger amount of bitcoins, let's say you do have 100 bitcoin, so, if I were you, I'm going to make 10 wallets, and then I'm going to divide that 100 bitcoins into 10, so there would be 10 bitcoins in each wallet, this is just for the safety of your coins, I mean even though someone would hacked your bitcoins, at least, just 10 bitcoins would be hacked to you rather than 100 bitcoins, which is really going to drive you insane and mad, if you are going to lose all 100 bitcoins.

So, this is just my idea, and it is just my opinion on how you are going to keep your bitcoins in a safe place, also you could try the hardware wallet, but you must have a back up of it, just being sure about the safety of it, in case you forget the password of it or something.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: