Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:02:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your bitcoins?  (Read 48734 times)
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 07:03:50 AM

I'm using a desktop wallet. It has proven to be very reliable. Many people are using online wallets, but I don't completely trust online sites and feel better having coins on my desktop.
I never bothered with offline/paper wallets, I'm not that scared of being hacked. Maybe if I had 20+ btc I might consider it. I also agree with the previous posts that you should avoid keeping money on exchanges.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 07:13:18 AM

I'm using a desktop wallet. It has proven to be very reliable. Many people are using online wallets, but I don't completely trust online sites and feel better having coins on my desktop.
I never bothered with offline/paper wallets, I'm not that scared of being hacked. Maybe if I had 20+ btc I might consider it. I also agree with the previous posts that you should avoid keeping money on exchanges.
good for you. Well, I just use blockchain to save money I have. for me, blockchain a wallet is more than enough to store bitcoin I got from the internet. well, just activate 2FA, then everything will probably be maintained. I prefer a simple wallet for storing bitcoin I have.
allcloudminers

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 07:24:49 AM

There is no site that is 100 % secure. If you just want to store Bitcoin Xapo is probably the most secure. If you want a trading platform Kraken is probably the most secure. However, the interface of Kraken is not very nice. You can also read about hardware wallets, I have no experience of them.

I store my Bitcoin at different online wallets to spread the risk. I have experienced Mt Gox, Bitfinex and Bter hack/shotdowns. If you want to read more about different online Bitcoin exchanges you can visit www.cryptocoinzone.com
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1105

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 07:28:37 AM

good for you. Well, I just use blockchain to save money I have. for me, blockchain a wallet is more than enough to store bitcoin I got from the internet. well, just activate 2FA, then everything will probably be maintained. I prefer a simple wallet for storing bitcoin I have.
Yeah based upon the need people prefer bitcoin wallets. For me too Blockchain is the wallet that gives everyday using access. People who make holding of bitcoin for a long uses desktop wallets for increased security. Most of the time daily usage is done for gambling purpose for which Blockchain is the best option.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
dominikherzog5

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 07:47:22 AM

I only have a few btc,so I store it on  exchange.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 07:48:44 AM

I keep 2 wallets. 1 for online bitcoin wallet for my trading profits and also the another one is hardware wallet which is store most of my bitcoins and just keep it aside. I'm also planning to use paper wallet to serves as another cold storage and also a present gift for my friends. There still a lot of wallet to discover and i want to try it all Grin.
asdalani

Activity: 882

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 07:59:08 AM

I keep 2 wallets. 1 for online bitcoin wallet for my trading profits and also the another one is hardware wallet which is store most of my bitcoins and just keep it aside. I'm also planning to use paper wallet to serves as another cold storage and also a present gift for my friends. There still a lot of wallet to discover and i want to try it all Grin.

That's pretty smart Sled.

Keeping Bitcoin wallets online is really something that people here need to do because there is a bunch of guys that just send money and forget about it, when the price increases 2x then I really hope that the owners who manage the market exchange that people store their money on isn't chilling on the beach in Cuba!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
HarringtonStark

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 11:08:06 AM

I keep my bitcoins on trusted wallets such as Xapo, Block chain and Coinbase. Yes I use all the three. I split my bitcoins to prevent more loss if one wallet address is hacked or the wallet service shuts down. I only use trusted and proven wallet services because one time, I used snappybtc wallet service but then, I can no longer access the site. It says it is down. Fortunately it is empty.

Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 11:29:57 AM

I keep my bitcoins on trusted wallets such as Xapo, Block chain and Coinbase. Yes I use all the three. I split my bitcoins to prevent more loss if one wallet address is hacked or the wallet service shuts down. I only use trusted and proven wallet services because one time, I used snappybtc wallet service but then, I can no longer access the site. It says it is down. Fortunately it is empty.
Using multiple wallets really help to secured your Bitcoin account since there is no impossible from hackers. In my place, I used blockchain to store huge amount od BTC since it has a capability to maximize the security of my wallet compared to other wallets. In terms of my second wallet, I used local Bitcoin exchnger to convert my btc to fiat money vice versa and also to use it as my second wallet. Using multiple wallets are really effective and will make you comfortable yo store huge of money online without fear of hackers.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 11:31:33 AM

When you are anticipating hacking and shutting down of the wallet services, why not you completely leave off web wallet and moving into stand alone wallets which will be completely supporting you to be independent of any services for a better protection of your bitcoins.

Basically web wallets are making us to compromise one of the prime characteristics of bitcoin ecosystem "decentralization". One good example for this : recently coinbase was asked to disclose their customer database.

Read more on this here : http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-01/largest-us-bitcoin-exchange-ordered-disclose-three-years-user-data-irs
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 12:15:18 PM

I keep my bitcoin in many wallet. Like Xapo, Coinbase, Blockchain and Mycelium. I use many wallet in my different way of earning so that When my account got hacked only few Bitcoin they can get only. I use my Blockchain as my main wallet because for me it is the safest wallet i know.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 12:18:26 PM

I keep my bitcoin in many wallet. Like Xapo, Coinbase, Blockchain and Mycelium. I use many wallet in my different way of earning so that When my account got hacked only few Bitcoin they can get only. I use my Blockchain as my main wallet because for me it is the safest wallet i know.
I agree with you . I also use some of the bitcoin wallet to store. and blockchain is a primary option. I am confident about the security that blockhain is a wallet very safe to use. some big companies even use blockhain in each of their transactions.
bloodnest

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 12:18:36 PM

I just spread my bitcoins over multiple wallets (lesser than 4 Smiley since I'm poor : but i do make sure that theyre all secured). Though I do also hold some bitcoins over a trading site. I might go paper if I can actually make bank but I doubt that's happening anytime soon lol
AUDREY23

Activity: 323

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 02:09:55 PM

I keep bitcoin way is to create your own wallet itself, for example, which create their own savings, which create their own day to day so not to intermingle which eventually will bring the desire to sell our stock if any bitcoin in one wallet
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 02:15:09 PM

Some of my coins are in an online wallet just because I have to do transactions daily. I know that online wallets are not safe at all as they can get hacked anytime or the owner can run away. I tried desktop wallet but I'm thinking that someone that can access my computer can also access my bitcoins and send money to his wallet, so I'm thinking it's still not safe. Cold wallet is the only way I can ever make sure that my coins are safe so I save the majority of my coins using cold wallet.

20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 02:39:32 PM

I just spread my bitcoins over multiple wallets (lesser than 4 Smiley since I'm poor : but i do make sure that theyre all secured). Though I do also hold some bitcoins over a trading site. I might go paper if I can actually make bank but I doubt that's happening anytime soon lol

Be careful with holding your money on trading websites. I'm doing that too but I only have a sum of $0.3 on the trading site. I recommend you to withdraw a part of it if there is a considerable sum deposited.
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 07:32:24 AM

Some of my coins are in an online wallet just because I have to do transactions daily. I know that online wallets are not safe at all as they can get hacked anytime or the owner can run away. I tried desktop wallet but I'm thinking that someone that can access my computer can also access my bitcoins and send money to his wallet, so I'm thinking it's still not safe. Cold wallet is the only way I can ever make sure that my coins are safe so I save the majority of my coins using cold wallet.

Actually, Storing Bitcoin on the desktop wallet is also safe. You can add keywords before opening the wallet on your desktop. So afraid that others can access your wallet on the desktop is not recognize reason. But you must be sure that your keywords is very private and no one know other than yourself.
Besides of that cold wallet is best place, i'll got a plan keeping my bitcoin in cold wallet in near time.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

rafi035

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 07:38:59 AM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

Before I ever lose bitcoin, people who break into bitcoin I can mekases my email and password stupid blockchain and email me at. that's where I learned to apply the 2-step Verification google
phaddie

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 07:40:34 AM

Be careful with holding your money on trading websites. I'm doing that too but I only have a sum of $0.3 on the trading site. I recommend you to withdraw a part of it if there is a considerable sum deposited.

Yeah its good not to put all your money in trading sites as it can be risky as that trading site can disappear in future but I am using Poloniex since long time and I think that is the trusted place to keep your money but the best choice is to save your bitcoins in offline wallet.
hajimasan

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 08:03:33 AM

i am once in a week user of bitcoin that is hardly 1 or 2 times I had to open my wallet for checking transaction for payment of signature campaign and sometimes to send money to friends or whatever.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: