Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:54:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your bitcoins?  (Read 48735 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 02:00:47 AM

I use online wallet to store my bitcoins so I could have access through my phone when i'm away from my computer. Also  the balance in my wallet doesn't exceed over 1 bitcoin. If I have more than 1 bitcoin to hold i'll prolly use a desktop wallet like electrum.

I know the risk of storing our bitcoins through online wallet but as long as you do trust that provider. Then I'm going to keep on using it for storing my coins. I'm trying to store some of it on a desktop wallet maybe a few of it but most of my funds are into a local online wallet. I trust them because they do have physical office and good support.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 02:11:02 AM

Storing in exchanges site is not advisable thing to do when talking to storing bitcoins safely.Exchangers account maybe hijacked even if its secured,also the exchange site too is vulnerable enough for smart hackers to get into.Storing bitcoins in your pc will be alot secure i think and thats what i recommend becasue i mostly store my bitcoins too in my pc
For me if you are real trader you will put bitcoin in some exchanged, but for the security or lessen the risk offline wallet is much advisable for me.

For my bitcoin i used our local online wallet this is very trusted, good support and good offer services to us, i can used bank for cashing out my money also i can used it to pay my bills many more. that is why i keep my bitcoin in this online wallet.
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 02:11:10 AM

I store my bitcoins at the Web wallet because in the web wallet the sending and receiving of payment is so easy and hassle free. And in the web wallet I can exchange my bitcoin into fiat in an instant so I like the web wallet and can transfer it into my bank account.
Ashong Salonga

Activity: 882
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 02:26:38 AM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

I stored my bitcoins sometimes in my gambling accounts. I ised to leave some of my coims there because I know that my coins will be safe there. But if you're having regrets of leaving it there, I suggest to you to use what I am using today, the downloadable wallets in able to full secure your coins. I am sure that my coins will secured there because of some codes that set there. And I think it is good because sometimes it gives me some freebies. By the way I am using coins.ph here in my country. It is good and well secure surely. Smiley

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
Schuyler

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 02:29:59 AM

I store my bitcoins at the Web wallet because in the web wallet the sending and receiving of payment is so easy and hassle free. And in the web wallet I can exchange my bitcoin into fiat in an instant so I like the web wallet and can transfer it into my bank account.
A lot of us are into web wallets because of its great features but if we can afford an desktop wallet, that would be better, especially if you are owning and holding a lot of bitcoins. This is something that holders should really consider and not depend on online wallets alone. I myself have been thinking of that too in case my bitcoin holdings are big enough.
Oo ako to

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 02:30:44 AM

I keep my bitcoins on local online wallet. It just started a few years but it has a good reputation and and I know my bitcoins are very secure. I don't want to keep my bitcoins on those sites that has a previous hacking history.
rajasumi3

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 02:31:35 AM

I keep all my bitcoins in the online storage and sell it once in a month .i earn through signature campaign .it means that i dont earn so much .well many people have large volumes of bitcoins, they should use a offline storage unit for bitcoins which to keep it safe.
Nevis

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 02:36:01 AM

I keep my bitcoins on local online wallet. It just started a few years but it has a good reputation and and I know my bitcoins are very secure. I don't want to keep my bitcoins on those sites that has a previous hacking history.
Even tho you are keeping your bitcoins in the sites or wallets or exchangers that never been hacked its still unsafe for me.Yeah they have no records of being hijacked or hacked but does it mean they will never get into that trouble?No system is safe i think
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 02:41:22 AM

I keep all my bitcoins in the online storage and sell it once in a month .i earn through signature campaign .it means that i dont earn so much .well many people have large volumes of bitcoins, they should use a offline storage unit for bitcoins which to keep it safe.
I also use online bitcoin walley like coinbase, coins.ph and ofcoarse the blockchain. This 3 wallet are safe for me. All my earnings in signaturr campaign are there in my wallet. And also my earnings in trading. I think also those people have large volumes of bitcoin they use offline wallet for mote safe. But online wallet is safe for me and other people use it even they have many bitcoin. You need to protect your account to hacker so your bitcoin safe.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1162

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 05:47:28 AM

A lot of us are into web wallets because of its great features but if we can afford an desktop wallet, that would be better, especially if you are owning and holding a lot of bitcoins. This is something that holders should really consider and not depend on online wallets alone. I myself have been thinking of that too in case my bitcoin holdings are big enough.

I guess that would be great if you are really holding big amount of bitcoin. But I, myself is holding not big amount and so I prefer go use online wallet because in case I want to withdraw coin I can access it even wherever I am and I want to. I dont have to be at my desktop to be able to preform bitcoin transactions. 

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 08:09:41 AM

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

My way of storing bitcoin is to create a random address in bitaddress.org and store your private key in safe (don't lose your private key) or a place you can secure it and send your bitcoins in that address. There are many ways to store your bitcoins you can create an account in blockchain.info and create cold wallet address for storing bitcoins for future purposes.
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:01:31 AM

My way of storing bitcoin is to create a random address in bitaddress.org and store your private key in safe (don't lose your private key) or a place you can secure it and send your bitcoins in that address. There are many ways to store your bitcoins you can create an account in blockchain.info and create cold wallet address for storing bitcoins for future purposes.

Exactly how many of us store. I have stored some bitcoins for my future in a cold wallet because that way I don't feel like spending or using it for other purposes.
If you are saving your bitcoins in exchange websites then I would clearly suggest you to transfer all of them to a local wallet or cold storage..

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
micher143

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:03:44 AM

I kept my bitcoin is a web wallet because in that wallet my bitcoin is safe and I can convert it instantly into fiat. And my bitcoin can be deposited into banks instantly so use my web wallet and It have a application too so the sending and receiving of bitcoin is hassle free.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:10:37 AM

If you use it daily then no problem at all to use web wallet based.
But if you want to store bitcoin for long term then i don't think it was a good idea.
Better to use a paper wallet or if you have large disk space enough you may can try the bitcoin official client wallet.
ekoice

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:11:18 AM

I would advice you to store all your bitcoins in Electrum wallet.Its safe.Im using it for the last two years.Whenever you want to sell bitcoins,you can just transfer it to localbitcoins and sell there.But keep that 13 words seed safely as it would be used to recover your account in case of your laptop damaged.
Gembul

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:26:49 AM

I would advice you to store all your bitcoins in Electrum wallet.Its safe.Im using it for the last two years.Whenever you want to sell bitcoins,you can just transfer it to localbitcoins and sell there.But keep that 13 words seed safely as it would be used to recover your account in case of your laptop damaged.

Yes, for security and comfort we should not be too saving bitcoin in the exchanger wallet. But if you're trading I guess its fine. But if you're not using it better keep it in your own wallet as electrum or blockchain (which I use). Too risky to store your bitcoin in wallet exchanger even if it's small amount. Thank you
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:06:05 AM

I keep may bitcoins in a local wallet that i can exchange it in cash if i want.  So once bitcoin price get high i exchange it in cash by withdraw it in a bank.  And the others i keep in blockchain that is the most i used from now to keep my bitcoin.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:26:21 AM

I keep may bitcoins in a local wallet that i can exchange it in cash if i want.  So once bitcoin price get high i exchange it in cash by withdraw it in a bank.  And the others i keep in blockchain that is the most i used from now to keep my bitcoin.
be careful with the exchange, although initially assured and reliable. I prefer to put it in the wallet first. when I want to convert it to a fiat I could send it to the exchange it reduces the risk.

Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:31:31 AM

No offense, but that it is a pretty stupid idea. Why in the world would you keep all of your coins in an online trading site? Especially if you are planning on making a large investment soon. I would definitely withdraw and store your coins in a software or hardware wallet. Websites can always be hacked or could go rogue and you would lose all your Bitcoin with no way of getting it back. I personally store all of my Bitcoin in a ledger wallet. I picked it up for 15 bucks and it has been working very well for the past year.
pinggoki

Activity: 1512
Merit: 417

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:59:48 AM

I stored my bitcoin in my two wallet, one is the local wallet and another one is the leading and trusted wallet which is blockchain. Keeping my bitcoin in two wallet is more safety because in case that the other one get scam I have my remaining bitcoin in other wallet.
I keep my bitcoin in local wallet so I can easily convert it into fiat.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: