Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:04:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908382 times)
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:42:31 PM

http://www.businessinsider.com/report-mtgox-subpoenaed-by-us-prosecutor-2014-2

Can someone tell me how its is of benefit to customers with outstanding balances on Mt.Gox ? I know very little of US law but could this simply be a demand for information pertaining to just about any unrelated crime involving bitcoin in the US somewhere that might have gone thought Gox ? Am I right in saying this might well have bugger all to do with Gox customers situation?

I'm a US law noob so please set me straight.

On another topic at least Mark has not run and that's a positive.

Personally my only hope is that some hotshot buys Gox but I expect i'm dreaming

I'm sorry to be an ass, but you should come back to reality. The outstanding balances on MtGox are gone. For good. The best you can expect is to see Karpeles going to jail for a brief paid vacation - but that's not so likely.

We had a very long and fair warning for everybody. Gox has been sending very strong insolvency signals since April 2013, and during the summer those signals piled up in such a way that anybody defending Gox during the last quarter of 2013/beginning of 2014 was either an ignorant fool, a troll or a paid shill.

They always looked like fundamentally honest people, but incompetent to the point of gross (if not criminal) negligence.
They were willingly running fractional reserve (which you CANNOT unless you are a bank - and an exchange is NOT a bank) while they were desperately trying to increase their revenues to cover the holes - in the meantime their customers were treated like fools and fed with absurd explanations that nobody with half a brain or a minimum experience in running a business could believe.

I'd suggest not prolonging the denial phase any further.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:46:21 PM

Does anyone know if sturle is ok?

I'm sure that Strudle is way more than OK.  He must have been making tons of money, and probably multipied that many fold by keeping people in the game at Gox for many months and thus the huge arbitrage opportunities going for much longer than I would have imagined.

Sturle got his withdrawl from 4th of January and bought a moutain of cheap goxxies even for 90 % to help out widows and orphans

in the need. Anybody else still has gotten a Sepa withdrawl  ?  The polish account still is sending money offshore and feeds back

crumps to let the ponzi roll on even after the website went dark? This CEO is a mastermind  Cheesy or are those offshore accounts

may be "technically" not only his owns ? Wink

Proof of those coins being bought at 90% value? When I asked I was told that the offer was no longer valid. IMO that was the last "marketing stunt" performed by Sturles, who probably is a Gox contractor. That would explain the passionate defense of every unbelievable/absurd excuse made up by Gox, the denial of every clear read flag and insolvency signal, and last but not least his silence lately, as Karpeles has written on his website:

I would like to kindly ask that people refrain from asking questions to our staff: they have been instructed not to give any response or information

V4Vendettas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:49:50 PM

Can someone tell me how its is of benefit to customers with outstanding balances on Mt.Gox ? I know very little of US law but could this simply be a demand for information pertaining to just about any unrelated crime involving bitcoin in the US somewhere that might have gone thought Gox ? Am I right in saying this might well have bugger all to do with Gox customers situation?

I'm sorry to be an ass, but you should come back to reality. The outstanding balances on MtGox are gone. For good. The best you can expect is to see Karpeles going to jail for a brief paid vacation - but that's not so likely.

We had a very long and fair warning for everybody. Gox has been sending very strong insolvency signals since April 2013, and during the summer those signals piled up in such a way that anybody defending Gox during the last quarter of 2013/beginning of 2014 was either an ignorant fool, a troll or a paid shill.

They look fundamentally honest people, but incompetent to the point of gross (if not criminal) negligence.
They were willingly running fractional reserve (which you CANNOT unless you are a bank - and an exchange is NOT a bank) while they were desperately trying to increase their revenues to cover the holes - in the meantime their customers were treated like fools and fed with absurd explanations that nobody with half a brain or a minimum experience in running a business could believe.

I'd suggest not prolonging the denial phase any further.

Totally hear what your saying and I certainly don't dispute most of it. I however will insist on hard evidence that they are insolvent before I just walk away and move on with my life. Personally I believe and yes this number is pulled out my ass that I might have a 1% or less chance of  not being poor again. Forgive me for hanging just on even if its just to see the coroners report and the last nail hammered into the coffin.

WompRat

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:07:34 PM

This subpoena is most likely to with the investigations into Silk Road and/or the ongoing Charlie Shrem money laundering case. It has nothing to do with the current shutdown.  The information trawl though could lead to other money laundering charges against MtGox, but chances of prosecution are small providing Mark never steps foot in the US. 
WompRat

Activity: 232

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:25:28 PM

It's a good article to read again, this guy made spot on predictions based on poker recent past experience...
http://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-may-headed-bankruptcy/

"FullTiltPoker enjoyed market dominance from late 2006 until their DOJ indictment in April 2011. Soon after being banned from servicing US players, the DOJ gave them permission to repay all depositors, but they failed to do so.

On May 15th, FTP claimed: “Full Tilt Poker faced numerous challenges and hurdles to ensuring the smooth operation of its international business and the orderly return of US player funds. We are absolutely committed to making sure that US players are refunded as soon as possible. We apologize for the delay and the fact that we underestimated the time it would take to work through these issues.”

On May 30th, they repeated:

“We still do not have a specific timeframe for [paying back players]. There has been, and remains, no bigger priority than getting US players paid as soon as possible, and we have been working around the clock to get this done.”

However, at this point, they admitted solvency issues for the first time, saying: “We are raising capital to ensure that the US players are paid out in full as quickly as possible.” The company admitted total insolvency three months later, on August 31st."

I will just add to this that PokerStars purchase of Full Tilt included compensation for all the US customers.  This was delayed by the US authorities, but in October 2013 arrangements were in place to begin compensating everyone who lost out. The first wave of payments actually went through yesterday.  Non US customers had their funds back a long time ago. 
donk4u
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:31:23 PM

Pretty comical when bitstamp went down for a couple of days sturle was on here crowing that I told you so, its not just gox that was affected lolol.
breel

Activity: 130

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:34:16 PM

So how can it be "more or less" legit when Mt.Gox did not produce the document.

I would imagine because it was produced by a consultant or somesuch working for an interested party.

If it was a consultant paid by Mt.Gox then that would mean Mt.Gox produced the document.

Anyway,  he's trying to disassociate himself with his own proposal.  That's what it look like.

Let's assume the numbers in the document are correct.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/209050732/MtGox-Situation-Crisis-Strategy-Draft

Claims that everything is missing.  THe 740K includes customer accounts and Mt.Gox accounts.

Then is the interview with Fox he says...  "technically speaking, it is not lost yet, just temporarily unavailable"

In summary , he wants to keep the 740K BTC that is 'just temporarily unavailable'.

The story of the BTC keeps changing.

First it is, 740K missing dues to mallaebility exploit.
Now it is 740K just temporarily unavailable.

Anyway, the subpoena in NY will force details to be released.

I still can't buy the document having a goat on top of the mountains as a logo is real...
That seems too much for me...
hence everything else related to this document seems unlikely to be legit as well.
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:53:11 PM

Pretty comical when bitstamp went down for a couple of days sturle was on here crowing that I told you so, its not just gox that was affected lolol.

So may there have been a lot of cash withdrawls to Sturles account from Poland generated by the selling of now missing bitcoins???

How many Goxxies did Roger buy with his at the time generous offer ? NONE ?

Rptiela confirmed that he sold some Goxxies to Sturle in this thread as far as I know...Rampion are you sure he never bought from

anybody  -just offered with no follow through?  Aren´t we able to find out who sold those 750000 BTC´s at Gox  under 300 dollars

now ?.....and which "verified" names are attached to to those "panic -sellers" accounts?

If so we might get some of those "moneylaunderers " at the head of bitcoinfoundation to do jail time.....if not await some downtime at

bitstamp as well Wink

zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:10:48 PM

I would imagine because it was produced by a consultant or somesuch working for an interested party.

If it was a consultant paid by Mt.Gox then that would mean Mt.Gox produced the document.

Anyway,  he's trying to disassociate himself with his own proposal.  That's what it look like.

Claims that everything is missing.  THe 740K includes customer accounts and Mt.Gox accounts.

Then is the interview with Fox he says...  "technically speaking, it is not lost yet, just temporarily unavailable"

In summary , he wants to keep the 740K BTC that is 'just temporarily unavailable'.

I still can't buy the document having a goat on top of the mountains as a logo is real...
hence everything else related to this document seems unlikely to be legit as well.

The Goat bought at lot of Goxxies with BTC he gained at pirates ponzi as a PPT ...as those ill -gotten gains are greeted

and even made by the allmighty MODS over here, you are going to be had with all your craptofuck-investments as the

majority of BTC´s is still not used by Africans being able to buy their stuff at e-bay rather by early adopter criminals fucking

themselves and everybody else over. Am I one of them? Sure as I sold my Goxxies for 72,5 cause I knew from experience

that the bouncing cat can sleep comfortably on Marks keyboard  Wink

Consequence: stop hoping and listening to BS....if BTC wants not to be used less and less...Mark needs to feel the heat now---

and those lame excuses from the other top-dog centralists why Mark is just a black sheep which will be allowed to ride in the sunset

should show you where your money went !!!!

Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:13:19 PM

Apparently there are bidder on Gox: https://mobile.twitter.com/paulbuitink

Hard to believe with investigations going down?
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:23:00 PM

it'd be a pointless investment buying a centralized exchange, when there are so many better options cropping up - p2p trade is the only way to go.

UNLESS, of course the buyer of gox turn it into just that, that's the only way I can see BTC exchanges existing in the future.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
chocomav

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:24:21 PM

The value is in the 1 million+ registered customer database with emails/addresses/etc...
raskul

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:25:50 PM

The value is in the 1 million+ registered customer database with emails/addresses/etc...

well they are welcome to my email address, as for my money.. that's another matter.  Cheesy

V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:35:44 PM

well they are welcome to my email address, as for my money.. that's another matter.  Cheesy

For verified customers they have more than just our email address and our money.  Cry

iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:39:12 PM

For verified customers they have more than just our email address and our money.  Cry

+1  So even for those who diligently kept their BTC offline they still lose out by having their rather detailed personal info at the mercy of whoever handles the cleanup job at gox.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:39:29 PM

Are you dense?   If it did not come from an official source or someone related to the official source, then why did Mark Karpeles not just claim it was a fake?    The only thing not believable is the contents of the document,  but its origin is obviously from Mt.Gox.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:43:42 PM

Mt.Gox will need to be very careful who they sell this information to.   

Releasing that information to unscrupulous buyers is definely another crime.

It is unbelievable how this organization continues to keep everyone in the dark!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
raskul

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:46:23 PM

Mt.Gox will need to be very careful who they sell this information to.   

Releasing that information to unscrupulous buyers is definely another crime.

It is unbelievable how this organization continues to keep everyone in the dark!

I got verified at gox. i'm not in any kind of panic about it. shit happens. we move on.
but I do sympathise with those who were unable to get their funds out... not so sympathetic to those who left it there and were able.

remind me the OP date of this thread again?

Squeaker

Activity: 450

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 02:48:19 PM

I got verified at gox. i'm not in any kind of panic about it. shit happens. we move on.
Fortunate enough to never have to deal with the aftermath of identity theft I take it?

=squeak=

raskul

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:49:04 PM

Fortunate enough to never have to deal with the aftermath of identity theft I take it?

=squeak=

yes.
i am spartacus.

but.. in gox case it wouldn't be identity theft. it'll be identity fraud.

Pages: « 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: