Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:50:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 182 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Work in progess] Burnins Avalon Chip to mining board service  (Read 623954 times)
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 07:49:34 AM

Donate your own miner to him, or gather a group of people to donate a miner to him.

That was my intention, and I was asking for possible ways. If nobody else thinks a software developer should have the hardware he develops for or if Kano is the wrong person, no problem, just forget about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eraziel

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 08:26:03 AM

Can anyone comment on the CAN-BUS question ...

Where to buy CAN-BUS Stacking cable? (besides directly from burnin's site)
Googling "CAN-BUS Stacking Cable" isn't much help.  Some instructions for the
DIY stacking cable kit would be great as well.

http://www.burninmining.com/product/can-bus-stacking-cable/
http://www.burninmining.com/product/stacking-cable-diy-kit/

Aha, thank you @blo.  I didn't see those instructions for the DIY kit before.

Are these cables easily replaced?  And where to buy them (besides from burnin)?

You can get them at any decently stocked shop selling electronics components
solari

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 09:02:57 AM

Donate your own miner to him, or gather a group of people to donate a miner to him.

That was my intention, and I was asking for possible ways. If nobody else thinks a software developer should have the hardware he develops for or if Kano is the wrong person, no problem, just forget about it.

I would support this with 1-2 BTC.
Is there any chance to get 20 chips from zephir batch 1 for this?
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 10:59:53 AM

I would support this with 1-2 BTC.
Is there any chance to get 20 chips from zephir batch 1 for this?

Probably not, I was short of getting cruzified for suggesting this. I would throw in 0.5 BTC or 5 Chips, but I'm in much later batches.
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 11:00:53 AM

Unclaimed doesn't mean unowned. You are basically suggesting that Burnin/Zefir steal chips and give them to someone else.

I don't want to steal anything from anyone, but if these guys changed their minds, dropped out of the game and/or bitcoin completely or just are not interested in topic anymore, there is no reason to shut the chips (which will be useless in some months anyways) away for the next couple of years, because they maybe could come back one day and state their claim. The same about refunds, nobody knows if these adresses are still in use.

If someone shows up later and can prove his claim, there will be a way to handle this. Either by zefir, SebastianJu, burnin or others.

If they remain unclaimed and gather dust in a corner, so be it. They aren't yours, so it isn't for you to decide their fate.

I would donate one device to a developer, who deserve it. Why not. But not for somebody who is replying to you to "fuck off" when you ask for something, like kano.

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
a2offrb

Activity: 453
Merit: 101

RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:31:06 PM

Unclaimed doesn't mean unowned. You are basically suggesting that Burnin/Zefir steal chips and give them to someone else.

I don't want to steal anything from anyone, but if these guys changed their minds, dropped out of the game and/or bitcoin completely or just are not interested in topic anymore, there is no reason to shut the chips (which will be useless in some months anyways) away for the next couple of years, because they maybe could come back one day and state their claim. The same about refunds, nobody knows if these adresses are still in use.

If someone shows up later and can prove his claim, there will be a way to handle this. Either by zefir, SebastianJu, burnin or others.

If they remain unclaimed and gather dust in a corner, so be it. They aren't yours, so it isn't for you to decide their fate.

I would donate one device to a developer, who deserve it. Why not. But not for somebody who is replying to you to "fuck off" when you ask for something, like kano.

Of course he will say "fuck off". Is someone say that Kano only want to free hardware and nothing else... I would also say "fuck off" to everyone who uses MY software i developed free of charge.

You cannot deny that:
1) CGMiner is currently one of the best by support, easy of use, supporting very different hardware, have much settings to control hardware
2) Kano is working for free
3) The only "payment" Kano gets - is free hardware and donations from community
4) With hardware in hand supporting it will be
    4.1) Faster
    4.2) Easier
    4.3) Can test different settings
    4.4) It can be tuned to be more stable
    4.5) Kano does not need to "call","send message" of everything else if he want to do some tests with unit.

Also its in developers interest that new hardware is supported by mining software.

I think that its normal policy from software developer and in this situation i would support Kano.

]–]  Announce  ]–[    RAYS NETWORK    ]–[  Whitepaper  [–[
A Blockchain Based On Customized DPOS And Bulletproof Protocol
[–[   RISE WITH RAYS   [–[  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  ]–]
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:36:28 PM

LOL

So your telling me a guy who has a free version of cgminer that works on his hardware - versions 3.1.1 - that he has never given me anything for doing that for him - fine, nothing new there - but wants me to update his version to the latest one and then tells me off for not doing that for him for nothing ... doesn't deserve to be told to fuck off? Seriously?

And you say I have no right to tell him that.

The above is the basic premise of his argument about the CM1 ...

Of course you are also the same person who also bitched about me not accepting patches for the CM1 ... patches that didn't even work on current cgminer.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78239.msg2263506#msg2263506
Who also sent me 4 PMs that I replied to 3 of (I skipped one in the middle) and then you also complained on the forum that I didn't reply to your PMs ... instead of saying that I only replied to the 1st, 2nd and 4th PM you sent me ... 3 on one day (I answered 2) and 1 the next day (that I answered) ... but that apparently would good enough for free service ...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78239.msg2263058#msg2263058
OK - you fuck off also.

... and people wonder why I get pissed off ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
robix

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:36:49 PM

+1

I cannot understand those guys that critize and at the same time use the software and have no clue about the work that's behind.
nemercry

Activity: 339

Vice versa is not a meal.

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:25:56 PM

mick25 and solari  i agree with you.

I would also throw Something into the bottle. Even im not a big investor at all.
CGMiner is a fine peace of cake and i really would love an implementation for the Bitburner boards included.

What exactly would need to be added ?
The screenshots showing from burnin did show cgminer software, am i right ?
What would be different from the version burnin uses ?
tigerbit

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:01:49 PM

+1

I cannot understand those guys that critize and at the same time use the software and have no clue about the work that's behind.
Harsh. I do understand, but I just didn't like the attitude when initially submitting an innocent bug report / feature request.  No doubt kano is a talented dev that's doing a great job for the community along with ckolivas, but he's spiky.  There are other ways to get your point across without alienating people.

I'm nobody in the bitcoin world, but I still appreciate human decency and politeness.  Old fashioned, I know.

If you found this useful modest tips welcome BTC: 15noAopoPUcA4D4dTJihgDVE8axZh8VWia
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:49:41 PM

Anyone heard from burnin lately ? After my order and zefir announced he got his first batch and shipped them (my chips to burning) I'm unable to get a reply of verification he has the chips and my order will be filled.  Sent two emails no reply yet Sad

I know he's busy but since the chips have been sent from batch one I would like to get clarification
Fizban

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:09:32 PM

Anyone heard from burnin lately ? After my order and zefir announced he got his first batch and shipped them (my chips to burning) I'm unable to get a reply of verification he has the chips and my order will be filled.  Sent two emails no reply yet Sad

I know he's busy but since the chips have been sent from batch one I would like to get clarification

I wouldn't  expect him to verify that he recieved your chips, he might post that he got some from Zefir but other than that i would skip those emails and focus on emails that needed to be taken care of.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:16:51 PM

I wouldn't  expect him to verify that he recieved your chips, he might post that he got some from Zefir but other than that i would skip those emails and focus on emails that needed to be taken care of.

As I understand it from Zefir's thread the chips are still on their way to Burnin. 

I'm sure Burnin will announce the arrival of the first batch but I think it's a bit much to send every chip-holder a personal email. You might see a change in the status of your order but lets let him do his work for a few days, which will get the boards in our hands faster
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:19:47 PM

As I understand it from Zefir's thread the chips are still on their way to Burnin. 

I'm sure Burnin will announce the arrival of the first batch but I think it's a bit much to send every chip-holder a personal email. You might see a change in the status of your order but lets let him do his work for a few days, which will get the boards in our hands faster

Fair enough just excited Smiley
burnin (OP)

Activity: 243

ALTCOM Ab9upXvD7ChnJxDRZgMmwNNEf1ftCGWrsE

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:00:13 PM

To clear up the cgminer matters:
1. i dont know what disputes you guys have over the cairnsmore support but please keep your hate out of this thread - thank you

Initially I decided to emulate the Avalon protocol so there would be no forks or changes needed to be maintained.
And it works perfect with a 100% unmodified cgminer version. (without the voltage adjustment)

Then, i decided to add the voltage adjustment feature which the original avalon protocol doesn't support.
Therefore changes will have to be made to get that into cgminer.
Currently I use a second application to do the Voltage adjustments.
I have yet to decide how to continue from here.

Nevertheless think it would be a good idea to provide kano with at least two boards so he can do debugging in the case problems arise.
Development/debugging without the actual hardware sucks.

In the long run I aim for a custom protocol that is more adapted to the BitBurner architecture, and allow individual per-board tweaking.

general project updates:
Chips received from Zefir, production will begin on Monday.
Shipping could start 5th of August (one week later).
madmax_ger

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:18:07 PM

To clear up the cgminer matters:
1. i dont know what disputes you guys have over the cairnsmore support but please keep your hate out of this thread - thank you

Initially I decided to emulate the Avalon protocol so there would be no forks or changes needed to be maintained.
And it works perfect with a 100% unmodified cgminer version. (without the voltage adjustment)

Then, i decided to add the voltage adjustment feature which the original avalon protocol doesn't support.
Therefore changes will have to be made to get that into cgminer.
Currently I use a second application to do the Voltage adjustments.
I have yet to decide how to continue from here.

Nevertheless think it would be a good idea to provide kano with at least two boards so he can do debugging in the case problems arise.

In the long run I aim for a custom protocol that is more adapted to the BitBurner architecture, and allow individual per-board tweaking.

general project updates:
Chips received from Zefir, production will begin on Monday.
Shipping could start 5th of August (one week later).

Great news burnin!
Let's hope the other batches won't be delayed, as the avalon batch2/3.

I'm in hope for a cgminer version that supports overclocking.

What about SebastianJu or Zefir, perhaps they might want to support the network in this way.

I hope I don't have to hide and run now...  Roll Eyes

http://btcinvest.net/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php - check it out!next difficulty + time leftcustomizable monthly (diff + USD/BTC) increasements device lead timeupdate: auto-compares device costs to BTC-buy profit ♥ 1btciBCKb59TbzNj5QzC2EXWDARxtJL1f
burnin (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 08:22:58 PM

Great news burnin!
Let's hope the other batches won't be delayed, as the avalon batch2/3.

I'm in hope for a cgminer version that supports overclocking.

What about SebastianJu or Zefir, perhaps they might want to support the network in this way.

I hope I don't have to hide and run now...  Roll Eyes

To get that right: cgminer does support overclocking, but no core voltage changes (yet).

Important: if any of you have questions or requests regarding your order: send me an email not a forum pn.

francong

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 08:28:18 PM

Still want to try a bare PCB. I wonder if that PCB is compatible with 10 chips?  Cheesy
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 08:53:24 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2013, 06:26:05 AM by BenTuras

I would like to donate one of my boards to Kano, so he can do his magic.
Burnin, is it possible to send one of my boards to Kano ?
If yes, can you contact Kano to ask for his address so you can make it happen ?
I will pay the shipment too.

If others would like to step in, just donate some mBTC to 1LYzxJU5xK675qQj4EMbTTSuJUJGkPwonY

EDIT: Taken care of by Burnin!

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
burnin (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 09:10:36 PM

I would like to donate one of my boards to Kano, so he can do his magic.
Burnin, is it possible to send one of my boards to Kano ?
If yes, can you contact Kano to ask for his address so you can make it happen ?
I will pay the shipment too.

If others would like to step in, just donate some mBTC to 1LYzxJU5xK675qQj4EMbTTSuJUJGkPwonY

no need for that, i will use chips from the "broken-chip and warranty reserves" and send Kano&ckovilas boards from the first batch.
(they'll need more then one so they can do CAN-bus testing too)

Again: Mining works, overclocking works, the only thing not in cgminer (yet) is the voltage adjustment.
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 182 »
  Print  

Jump to: