Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:08:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people are still buying BTC?  (Read 13649 times)
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 01:26:55 PM

I know it's hard to comprehend for some, but bitcoin has utility (additionally to the speculative nature), hence the demand. ;-)

Bagpipe

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 01:45:22 PM

I understand exactly how bitcoins works, how mining works ...
What I don't understand is why the price is so high (~ 90 euros). It does not make sense to me.

So, make it simple: what makes that high price? High supply.
Where did it come from? And why?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Shocked Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Shocked Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The more you sell, the more it costs, certainly the Diamond federation has a lot to learn from your powerful wisdom.
Bagpipe

Activity: 151

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 01:58:36 PM

Anyway,
Why are people still buying cigarettes?
Why are people still trying to make nuclear warheads?
Why are people trying to kill each other for no good reason?
Why are people unable to think?

etc.

These are the questions that need an answer more than "Why are people buying BTC?"
..."Why not? Why should it concern me?"
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:24:00 PM

I am very excited about BTC for numerous reasons but I already have practical reasons to be excited.  I will be saving an easy $100 in a month when our family goes on vacation on exchange fees.  How?  We are going to meet up with a local resident and exchange our BTC for fiat and save ourselves the expensive fees banks will charge us for doing that.  Smiley  We are also looking for restaurants that will take BTC so we do not have to pay exchange fees as well.  Already, I am really happy to have BTC, and this is just one little example.

Where are you going to find a local resident to exchange fiat with you though? I'm just curious if there is a current way to do that as of now.

Just search here:

https://localbitcoins.com/sell_bitcoins

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
jeannie

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:46:08 AM

People buy it to use as a store of value too, especially if you see now, Gold is down, Bitcoin is up, USD is up, we win on both fronts.

Onews1990

Activity: 362

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:59:48 AM

Absolutely agree. What can I see that almost every popular atlcoin can be useless also, and could have same problems but its not.
cyberkuto

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:05:59 AM

Hello guys,

To me, it seems pretty strange that people actually continues buying btc now...
I understood why they wanted to invest in btc before, after the Chyprus crisis, and all the articles in the media. But now?

I don't get it.

Bitcoin is useless, and will most likely never be used as a currency. I spent hours trying to get my first bitcoins (satoshi actually), and after working for ages, I only got 0.002 btc, which does not even allow me to proceed to a transaction (the fees are higherthan that amount  Roll Eyes ). When you compare it with CC or paypal, it seems that they are free to use in comparison! Not to mention the time required to actually proceed to a transaction which can be anything between 1 minute and ... 1 year (or more?).

The only possible reason I see people are buying btc is that they (truly) believe that the price will increase, and want to make more profit. I think that 99.99 % of the bitcoins exchanged are never withdrawn from the exchangers, and the people are only waiting to make some profits. What makes them believe that the price will rise? Because the amount of bitcoins is limited? Because lost coins can never be recovered? I have no clue.

An other problem is the "mining" part. Soon, the difficulty will increase, CPU and GPU mining will be useless. People will stop mining bitcoins and try LTC or something easy to get... The interest in btc will decrease.

Other issues:
- security. Not a single company was able to provide a "professional" service. Bitcoin-24 has a serious problem ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=174600.0 ). Even mtgox was critized for the lags, problems with missing coins, money, delay, and so on ... The hacks are countless (you can see new topics about that every day ...).

I can't see anything positive about btc, and still can't get why people are buying it. Can any captain obvious explains? Thanks.

They are buying it,  for them to earn. It just a matter of time if you do invest.
Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:46:02 AM

Hello guys,

I understood why they wanted to invest in btc before, after the Chyprus crisis, and all the articles in the media. But now?

I don't get it.

Bitcoin is useless, and will most likely never be used as a currency. I spent hours trying to get my first bitcoins (satoshi actually), and after working for ages, I only got 0.002 btc, which does not even allow me to proceed to a transaction (the fees are higherthan that amount  Roll Eyes ). When you compare it with CC or paypal, it seems that they are free to use in comparison! Not to mention the time required to actually proceed to a transaction which can be anything between 1 minute and ... 1 year (or more?).

The only possible reason I see people are buying btc is that they (truly) believe that the price will increase, and want to make more profit. I think that 99.99 % of the bitcoins exchanged are never withdrawn from the exchangers, and the people are only waiting to make some profits. What makes them believe that the price will rise? Because the amount of bitcoins is limited? Because lost coins can never be recovered? I have no clue.

An other problem is the "mining" part. Soon, the difficulty will increase, CPU and GPU mining will be useless. People will stop mining bitcoins and try LTC or something easy to get... The interest in btc will decrease.

Other issues:
- security. Not a single company was able to provide a "professional" service. Bitcoin-24 has a serious problem ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=174600.0 ). Even mtgox was critized for the lags, problems with missing coins, money, delay, and so on ... The hacks are countless (you can see new topics about that every day ...).

I can't see anything positive about btc, and still can't get why people are buying it. Can any captain obvious explains? Thanks.

They are buying it,  for them to earn. It just a matter of time if you do invest.
It depends on how your earn bitcoin. Not sure in mining because it need investment and you cannot claim if you do not meet the required amount. Obviously people keep buying bitcoin to gain huge profit from holding it for more time. You have to know the site where you can buy bitcoin so that you are sure that you can withdraw it back.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
Kamote_1102

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:52:52 AM

The reason why people still buying Bitcoin, is because they know that it's worth investing for. though they know the risks, it's still part of the Business. They know that they have future here and Bitcoin is growing faster than before. if they invest early, then there will be more profit for them.

bulantoy12345

Activity: 200

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:54:24 AM

It's because we really believe at bitcoin. We buy bitcoin because we earn at bitcoin and it gives us hopes to achieve our dreams to become financially stable. I earn a lot at bitcoin thru hodling because bitcoin is best at long term investment. As years pass by bitcoin became more valuable that's why im hodling my bitcoin.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS      [ TowerX ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        MEDIUM        TWITTER        LINKEDIN        REDDIT        TELEGRAM
rimueng agam

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:57:28 AM

People are still buying bitcoin this time probably because the current price is down again, not about security but people choose bitcoin from its very expensive price and now it is down so many buy it and by the end of the year bitcoin price will go up and they will sell it.
jassanpary

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:17:50 PM

The reason why people still buying Bitcoin, is because they know that it's worth investing for. though they know the risks, it's still part of the Business. They know that they have future here and Bitcoin is growing faster than before. if they invest early, then there will be more profit for them.
People still buying bitcoin means bitcoin is popular and profitable they knows that so that many people are showing lot of interest and also they are confident about bitcoin, so they are still buying bitcoin.

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:14:29 PM

because they trust bitcoin  and trust that bitcoin will become the future bitcoin will grow up
i think like that for simple answer
buje micin

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:51:52 PM

because they trust bitcoin  and trust that bitcoin will become the future bitcoin will grow up
i think like that for simple answer

you are right, those who continue to buy btc are those who believe in btc future, they are very lucky to have btc since long time, i regret to know btc now
mel1978

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:13:29 PM

Hello guys,

I don't get it.

Other issues:

People are still buying bitcoins this is because they believe that bitcoin will increase in its price and value. A lot of testimony I have heared that there are many people who are benefited with bitcoins and not only this, they are getting rich because of bitcoin investment or by holding bitcoins. That is one reason that there are many people who are still buying bitcoins.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:08:11 PM

Hello guys,

I don't get it.

Other issues:

So why are you still here?if you dont believe in bitcoin meaning you don't believe cryptocurrency too?so get out of here,because we can live without you,the question is can you live without bitcoin?lol for sure its not..

By december you will eat all of this words,and will cry because you treat bitcoin like this..get out of here,go leave crypto
yvonnegalvan

Activity: 128

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:15:16 PM

Hello guys,

I don't get it.

Other issues:

I think people are still buying a byc because they wanted that if the btc price will become high it will have a chance for them to earn alot of ptofits, and they will just buy a btc when it decreases the price, then they will sell it with a hugh price so that they can earn a profit.
Varavu

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:21:44 PM

Hello guys,

I don't get it.

Other issues:

Because everyone knows bitcoins is a profitable way. Thats why everyone investing here. If you really have some idle funds with you I suggest that you should give it a try. I personnally joined bitcoin without investing any personal funds and I already gained alot from it, however this will be a longer period of establishment but assured that time and effort will be the only capital you’ll spent.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:05:55 PM

People are still buying btc as being the pioneer of all the cryptocurrencies it was the first coin to bring the idea of cashless and digital society in the market. And also the fact that the coin is decentralised and is not bound to any rules and regulations make it a powerful coin.
The coin is considered as a brand for all the cryptos and has a strong market capital of $158 billion which makes it the most widely accepted coin in the market. This also ensures the fact that the coin is no longer under a financial bubble and will gain you good profits in the future.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:07:54 PM

I know it's hard to comprehend for some, but bitcoin has utility (additionally to the speculative nature), hence the demand. ;-)

The question here should be why not to buy the btc as we all know and seen how btc came this far and how much potential and demand in coming time it will have thus at present it is very easy and cheap to buy compared to the prices it can rise in coming years.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: