Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:57:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Flunder707

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 08:30:10 PM

I think something like blake2s would be a good option.  It's a really good algo.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TronQuix

Activity: 306
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 03:47:21 AM

I think something like blake2s would be a good option.  It's a really good algo.

Why? What makes one algo better than the other? Again, excuse my ignorance, thats why I am asking.
Flunder707

Activity: 455

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:39:26 AM

Blake2s is has the most optimized miners for nvidia.  There are tons of mining farms with amd rigs and ASIC machines will destroy it too.

I think as far as being fair and decentralized it's the best bet.  There are other decent algos, like Scrypt-Jane.

But keeping the miners that just want to rape coins will keep them somewhat "chained" them down.

TronQuix

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:10:31 AM

Blake2s is has the most optimized miners for nvidia.  There are tons of mining farms with amd rigs and ASIC machines will destroy it too.

I think as far as being fair and decentralized it's the best bet.  There are other decent algos, like Scrypt-Jane.

But keeping the miners that just want to rape coins will keep them somewhat "chained" them down.

ohhh ok that makes sense, so just keeping the vultures at bay
coins101 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 08:28:43 PM

We're aiming for a snapshot date of 1 August, with a block height that should fall on that date chosen as we get closer to that date.

People find it easier to think in dates than block height, so we've gone for date first.

There will be another Slack ama in about two weeks to give progress updates, explain the enterprise strategy, our new partnerships and introduce the lead developer for the Service Node work, along with new members of the development team that will be contributing to our future plans.
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 08:29:52 PM

We're aiming for a snapshot date of 1 August, with a block height that should fall on that date chosen as we get closer to that date.

People find it easier to think in dates than block height, so we've gone for date first.

There will be another Slack ama in about two weeks to give progress updates, explain the enterprise strategy, our new partnerships and introduce the lead developer for the Service Node work, along with new members of the development team that will be contributing to our future plans.

not too far away. are you guts still deciding how the snapshot occur?

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 08:53:28 PM

There is still a lot of time to accumulate SPR before snapshot. Got to scoop some more SPR. They  are so cheap right now.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 09:30:46 PM

Is it ok to keep the SPR in the exchange or should we move it into the wallet before the snapshot?

coins101 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:41:15 PM

Thanks @e1ghtspace for the video on how to sign a message from your Spreadcoin wallet.

Sent some coins for your contribution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV8l6MPOtSU&t=1
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:12:03 PM

We have paid for a second block explorer here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/

Both will be used to ensure accuracy once we take the snapshot of the Spreadcoin blockchain at block height X (to be announced closer to the August 1st date). After that time we will be moving focus onto the launch of the Helium network itself and the duties that come with that responsibility. Once we are up and running smoothly the coin redemption window will open where holders of SPR can redeem them for Helium on at 1:1 basis. Details on this will be provided as we move closer to the end of the summer.

=======================================================

Thank you all for your patience as we have quietly built up the foundations of what will be one of the most utility driven networks in the World. I know the wait can be a bit tedious at times however we are accomplishing goals the proper way which often entails taking our time to ensure quality. The wait is coming to an end as our focus begins to shift towards launching Helium. For more information on the above announcement, visit us in the Helium Slack channel:

https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 04:36:25 AM

We have paid for a second block explorer here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/

Both will be used to ensure accuracy once we take the snapshot of the Spreadcoin blockchain at block height X (to be announced closer to the August 1st date). After that time we will be moving focus onto the launch of the Helium network itself and the duties that come with that responsibility. Once we are up and running smoothly the coin redemption window will open where holders of SPR can redeem them for Helium on at 1:1 basis. Details on this will be provided as we move closer to the end of the summer.

=======================================================

Thank you all for your patience as we have quietly built up the foundations of what will be one of the most utility driven networks in the World. I know the wait can be a bit tedious at times however we are accomplishing goals the proper way which often entails taking our time to ensure quality. The wait is coming to an end as our focus begins to shift towards launching Helium. For more information on the above announcement, visit us in the Helium Slack channel:

https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/

Can you answer the question about exchange involvement in the coin distribution? It's ok if you're still unsure, I'd just like to know if you're attempting to get SPR exchanges involved or if you already know for sure that exchanges won't be involved. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

We are in discussions with Bittrex to work with us in conjunction with the snapshot date and the subsequent coin redemption. Once all of the details between the two parties have been confirmed, we will share that information with the community. The only exchange that supports SPR that we are planning to work with is Bittrex (sorry yobit).

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 05:46:28 AM

Slack is annoying, not everyone is using it so all info should make it here considering it started here.

Anyway, what's wrong with spreadx11 algo?

If it will be plain old x11, many people will just dump and move on.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 09:48:28 AM

Slack is annoying, not everyone is using it so all info should make it here considering it started here.

If it will be plain old x11, many people will just dump and move on,

Coins101 responded. Check the may 29 message at 524am. Too long for me to copy and paste each line

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 11:56:02 AM

Coins101 responded. Check the may 29 message at 524am. Too long for me to copy and paste each line

Thanks.

There's a lot of misconceptions and backwards logic in that slack.

You don't design a coin with ASICs in mind, you try to make a stable coin and if it grows large enough that it can support the R&D cost of ASICs someone will invest into them. Coins usually try to move away from ASICs (which is mostly why there are 40+ mineable hashing algorithms) but this coin is running towards ASICs. Coming from Spreadcoin that's all for decentralization and moving to ASICs which are not well centralized it's weird to say the least.

There will be a Spreadcoin swap but HLM will "maintain as close a build to DASH as possible until we dec-couple from their releases".

So it's safe to say that it will start with X11 which means due to multipools and the general nature of ASIC owners, most miners won't even know they were mining HLM as they get paid out in BTC.

And due to the speed of ASICs and the limitation of a single algo difficulty retarget the network will very likely have super fast and super low periods - unless a huge amount of ASICs will mine it 0-24h.

The more I read about HLM the more I think the coin takes 2 steps back for every step taken forward.

Not your keys, not your coins!
jjjordan

Activity: 271
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:05:39 PM

Thanks.

There's a lot of misconceptions and backwards logic in that slack.

You don't design a coin with ASICs in mind, you try to make a stable coin and if it grows large enough that it can support the R&D cost of ASICs someone will invest into them. Coins usually try to move away from ASICs (which is mostly why there are 40+ mineable hashing algorithms) but this coin is running towards ASICs. Coming from Spreadcoin that's all for decentralization and moving to ASICs which are not well centralized it's weird to say the least.

There will be a Spreadcoin swap but HLM will "maintain as close a build to DASH as possible until we dec-couple from their releases".

So it's safe to say that it will start with X11 which means due to multipools and the general nature of ASIC owners, most miners won't even know they were mining HLM as they get paid out in BTC.

And due to the speed of ASICs and the limitation of a single algo difficulty retarget the network will very likely have super fast and super low periods - unless a huge amount of ASICs will mine it 0-24h.

The more I read about HLM the more I think the coin takes 2 steps back for every step taken forward.

I also asked the slack, but here it is:
What about Ethereum? I think they've done it pretty well (PR, financial and tech), biggest crypto market cap (excl. BTC) and yet - no ASICs. Or I got it wrong?
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:16:16 PM

I'm interested to this project, I will start creating video about this coin to support before it launch, I hope that this project will become successful in the future! Goodluck devs.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:29:33 PM

If it will be plain old x11, many people will just dump and move on.

agree keep the current algo, we can retain our optimization, and don't waste money again on private thing...
Propagandalf

Activity: 312

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 04:58:34 PM

Will the HLM launch be advertised on ICO-watchlists, or does this not qualify as an ICO?
Propagandalf

Activity: 312

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 10:55:00 PM

Will the HLM launch be advertised on ICO-watchlists, or does this not qualify as an ICO?

I don't see how this is an ICO Smiley. I assume the dev team has a proper balance of SPR and will fund themselves with their own share of the snapshot.

I assume everything will be announced in due time.

P.S. ICO watch lists are for amateurs. Pro's read through 50 pages of forum posts every day Wink

LOL, that is true, I always read too many forum posts. I just don't fully understand the ICO concept, which was why I asked.
TronQuix

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 01:02:42 AM

literally wish i got my spreadcoin a few days ago. its crazy how fast this popped!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: