Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:47:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189394 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:37:39 PM

I was starting to get excited by the updates and progress, then I just saw Q3 this year.  So it looks like it is going to be a while still.  I will go back to sleep and keep checking back.  It is a shame so much momentum for this was lost.  I hope Helium can regain some of that mojo for the launch.

Q3 is due next week Smiley

Well I was implying that I am not holding my breath anymore.  If it launches great, but my enthusiasm is dying here.  We have been waiting for a very long time and all we have now is "hope" that something happens.  Just seems like this project was dealt a serious set back and don't know how to gauge it's ability to deliver on what was planned for this coin any more.

Well I suppose if one is used to scammy-ass ICO launches all full of hype and zero substance
save for youtube vids of some suited bullethead asshat prancing across the stage, bellowing like a retard,
then yeah, as this launch doesn’t exactly follow that shitcoin SOP, or any other typical crypto ico nonsense,
one may become somewhat impatient.
Just sayin....

You know, there is a whole spectrum between "scammy-ass ICO launches all full of hype and zero substance" and "almost year delayed no ICO 1:1 airdrop with no hype just substance launch". I agree with @tradingdisaster, crypto landscape was looking completely different in 2017, so Helium advantage may be gone.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:36:20 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2018, 09:45:35 PM by faetos
Merited by sirazimuth (1), Mrrr (1)

that video is something else. High douchery all around. Who knows what will happen here. I've completed my input into the codebase. There's some treasury work to do. If we were doing what those dbags did in the video then it'd be a 5 minute change. I'm not justifying the long wait. Unfortunately, when you have some folks contributing that are doing this on a volunteer basis other priorities trump work on this effort. It also isn't motivating for me to work on it considering nearly 90% or more of folks will dump their product the moment it releases.Why spend what little time I have left working for that goal?
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:14:45 PM

Well I suppose if one is used to scammy-ass ICO launches all full of hype and zero substance
save for youtube vids of some suited bullethead asshat prancing across the stage, bellowing like a retard,
then yeah, as this launch doesn’t exactly follow that shitcoin SOP, or any other typical crypto ico nonsense,
one may become somewhat impatient.
Just sayin....

So how long are you willing to wait then? 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? For you does Helium ever become a failed project?

If you think BitConnect is the 'typical' ICO then you haven't been paying attention to what is going on out there. There are scores of quality projects with interesting tech and good use of blockchain.

I don't think Helium is a scam, nor do I think they owe anybody anything. But there is a point when missed (self-imposed) deadlines become laughable. If people are that poor at setting their own timetable, maybe project management isn't their strongsuit.
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:13:30 AM

Hlm should have at least gave us a generic qt wallet by now. That way the weak hands can dump and the strong hands can scoop. What helium is afraid of? We would dump? Give us a qt wallet and let the market decide what helium is worth. No need to hold us hostage. It's been way to long. Let the product and white paper speak for itself
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:19:08 AM

update - our new source repo is here - https://github.com/heliumchain/helium. We've completed testing and are now all passing via Travis-CI: https://travis-ci.org/heliumchain/helium. We're in a good spot.
Thank you for the update i have not been in the thread for a while so a lot of back reads, from what i read its the same thing people are asking for the wallet and for sure after that they will ask for exchange listing. keep this in mind this is not an ICO they have no money to pay for extra developer, a lot of ICO now a days are either scammers or just in it for the money its a set and forget ICO.
tradingdisaster

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:03:47 AM

It also isn't motivating for me to work on it considering nearly 90% or more of folks will dump their product the moment it releases.Why spend what little time I have left working for that goal?
I fully understand this and actually have to remind myself from time to time. Unfortunately, when HLM started out, it was touted as an agile project driven by a clear business plan and less a community effort. It has morphed into something else now.

One of the most galling pieces in this evolution was the "no communication" part. There was never a time @coins101 stepped forward to tell people he has dropped out of active development or isn't able to do the actual coding. We still don't really know what his role is - enterprise business development I hear, but are there actually leads or is he just waiting for release?

I have asked in the past (always got brushed off with a "wait till release") and am going to ask again here: what are the tokenomics of HLM? The ANN still states:

Code:
Technical Architecture
* Total Coin Supply 20m
* Block release is 7% per year
* Block reward: 45% miners; 45% master nodes; 10% project development funding, users chosen funding.
* PoW only algo X11 (with a review being made to change to something else after we fork off DASH code).
* Block time 2.5 minutes
* Difficulty 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2)
* Difficulty retargets using Dark Gravity Wave (created by Evan Duffield)

And this is obviously no longer true. So, what are we looking at? Is the sheet at https://www.heliumlabs.org/docs/helium-supply-reference still relevant?

The heliumlabs blog has had the last entry roughly 4w ago, previously we got updates every 14d. The medium has had the last (and only) post in April.

I fear you are right that most holders will dump instantly to make back at least a couple of cents on the Dollar. This has nothing to do with your work, but a lot with communications, investor outreach and community engagement.
bxxxGooDxxxd

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:38:22 PM

https://l2rx.com/img_top/masternodes_top_rating.jpg

Add "HELIUM (HLM)" to TOP Masternodes (Rating) https://l2rx.com

People, we need to add coin in rating Masternodes.
Our coin: "№ 174 HELIUM (HLM)" https://l2rx.com/add.php

https://l2rx.com/img_top/Screenshot_316.png
RzeroD

Activity: 272
Merit: 107

Paranoid In Chief

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:05:32 PM

Let us launch Helium first and then we will talk about ratings.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:11:53 PM

It also isn't motivating for me to work on it considering nearly 90% or more of folks will dump their product the moment it releases.Why spend what little time I have left working for that goal?
I fully understand this and actually have to remind myself from time to time. Unfortunately, when HLM started out, it was touted as an agile project driven by a clear business plan and less a community effort. It has morphed into something else now.

One of the most galling pieces in this evolution was the "no communication" part. There was never a time @coins101 stepped forward to tell people he has dropped out of active development or isn't able to do the actual coding. We still don't really know what his role is - enterprise business development I hear, but are there actually leads or is he just waiting for release?

I have asked in the past (always got brushed off with a "wait till release") and am going to ask again here: what are the tokenomics of HLM? The ANN still states:

Code:
Technical Architecture
* Total Coin Supply 20m
* Block release is 7% per year
* Block reward: 45% miners; 45% master nodes; 10% project development funding, users chosen funding.
* PoW only algo X11 (with a review being made to change to something else after we fork off DASH code).
* Block time 2.5 minutes
* Difficulty 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2)
* Difficulty retargets using Dark Gravity Wave (created by Evan Duffield)

And this is obviously no longer true. So, what are we looking at? Is the sheet at https://www.heliumlabs.org/docs/helium-supply-reference still relevant?

The heliumlabs blog has had the last entry roughly 4w ago, previously we got updates every 14d. The medium has had the last (and only) post in April.

I fear you are right that most holders will dump instantly to make back at least a couple of cents on the Dollar. This has nothing to do with your work, but a lot with communications, investor outreach and community engagement.

Valid concerns, I also would like to know how the economic model for Helium looks like atm. I think the best solution would be to start a new ANN thread once the mainnet launches and trading starts on Cryptopia.
RzeroD

Activity: 272
Merit: 107

Paranoid In Chief

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:58:43 PM

Valid concerns, I also would like to know how the economic model for Helium looks like atm. I think the best solution would be to start a new ANN thread once the mainnet launches and trading starts on Cryptopia.

Karma already has a new ANN ready for the launch.
Anyway, don't worry, all the guides and info I think is completely covered.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:37:50 PM

Well it is rather difficult to bring a project of Helium's scope to fruition without money. Think it is actually awesome to see how people picked up in March and decided to do it regardless the first attempt. What sirazimuth is probably pointing at is that things become a whole lot easier when you have a couple million in ICO funds behind you and that, for that very reason, you should cut the Helium people a lot more slack than you would cut an ICO project. That includes missed deadlines.

Sure it's a lot easier with a couple million in ICO funds. I'm pretty sure the Helium team knew they wouldn't have a couple million in ICO funds since they had no plan to do an ICO. Nobody here is holding Helium to some timeline other than the one they themselves set. And really, people aren't even holding them to that. But there comes a point when missed deadlines become plain ridiculous.

And anyway, the key players behind Helium may well have a million or more from the runup in their Spreadcoin holdings. I don't think it's a secret that they had many bags of Spread.
MRD911

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:50:27 PM

Let us launch Helium first and then we will talk about ratings.

Not quite sure about their 'rating' system - Crave is listed as #2. I like Crave and run a mn, but really, #2? Smiley
teela

Activity: 116
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 12:39:55 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2018, 01:41:07 AM by teela

I think the 0.04 BTC you offered to use our name on on your website is a bit miserly really. I mean this is a community run project and there are a lot of costs that'll need to be covered.

0.5 BTC would sound a lot more fair to everyone involved here.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 3427

born once atheist

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:31:15 AM

So how long are you willing to wait then? 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? For you does Helium ever become a failed project?

As I'm an old school Spreadcoin miner all my  potential Helium assets are house money
so admittedly I don't have any skin in the game.
Personally if I gain a dollar its not a failure..I'm a dollar up.
I cant speak for folks who have a lot of time and $ invested however.
Thats not to say I don't wish Helium the very best no matter how long it takes.
I absolutely do. The community sound like really decent hard working honest crypto folks.

If you think BitConnect is the 'typical' ICO ...

Remove the word "other" from my above post. Agreed bitconnect is not a typical ICO.
The point I was attempting to make was most if not all icos are scams.
I guess I was kinda doing the strawman thing

then you haven't been paying attention to what is going on out there.

Actually I have. I've been actively following crypto since 2013.
(Bought a bunch of Auroracoin on Cryptsy back then and made a killing on my first ever pump and dump.)

There are scores of quality projects with interesting tech and good use of blockchain.

You mean like Auroracoin??  lol  (just kidding around. no disrespect)

I don't think Helium is a scam, nor do I think they owe anybody anything. But there is a point when missed (self-imposed) deadlines become laughable. If people are that poor at setting their own timetable, maybe project management isn't their strongsuit.

I guess I dont take crypto as seriously as most around these parts.
Don't get me wrong though, I want it (crypto in general) to succeed as much as any cryptocoin fanboy/girl.
It's just that until I see it accepted and utilized by average joe, like credit cards and paypal,
(and sometimes I wonder if that will indeed ever happen)
I will always see it as a fringe cult hobby thing that I enjoy and make some profit on the side.
And just smh at the amount of scammery that happens in this realm.
Timetables really don't concern me tbh...

GO HELIUM!!! 

(and England in World Cup!!)

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
MRD911

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:02:52 AM

As I'm an old school Spreadcoin miner all my  potential Helium assets are house money
so admittedly I don't have any skin in the game.
Personally if I gain a dollar its not a failure..I'm a dollar up.
I cant speak for folks who have a lot of time and $ invested however.
Thats not to say I don't wish Helium the very best no matter how long it takes.
I absolutely do. The community sound like really decent hard working honest crypto folks.

If you think BitConnect is the 'typical' ICO ...

Remove the word "other" from my above post. Agreed bitconnect is not a typical ICO.
The point I was attempting to make was most if not all icos are scams.
I guess I was kinda doing the strawman thing

then you haven't been paying attention to what is going on out there.

Actually I have. I've been actively following crypto since 2013.
(Bought a bunch of Auroracoin on Cryptsy back then and made a killing on my first ever pump and dump.)

There are scores of quality projects with interesting tech and good use of blockchain.

You mean like Auroracoin??  lol  (just kidding around. no disrespect)

I guess I dont take crypto as seriously as most around these parts.
Don't get me wrong though, I want it (crypto in general) to succeed as much as any cryptocoin fanboy/girl.
It's just that until I see it accepted and utilized by average joe, like credit cards and paypal,
(and sometimes I wonder if that will indeed ever happen)
I will always see it as a fringe cult hobby thing that I enjoy and make some profit on the side.
And just smh at the amount of scammery that happens in this realm.
Timetables really don't concern me tbh...

GO HELIUM!!! 

(and England in World Cup!!)

SPR holder as well Smiley  I see this as a hidden gem that one had to be in around a year ago or so - have some skin it though. I have patience so am willing to wait for this beauty. Go ENGLAND!!
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:30:17 AM

Most of the thread now are getting bombard by newbie and brand new account  with a bot like posting. back to Helium the folks have bought SPR like crazy when they read about the Helium drop because of its tech and a very active dev  but after the hype went down project get halted and here we are wondering how long will it take for them to release a working wallet.
cryptogaga

Activity: 506
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:10:38 AM

still waiting.....
faetos

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:25:14 PM
Merited by sirazimuth (1)

We are wrapping up the work on the Treasury which is the last major milestone for the code. I expect that to be knocked out in the next few days. Karma is going to announce a new partnership which will be accompanied by a new ANN thread, because this was started by Coins and he went AWOL last year. We're getting some dev help from Richy's friends at Phore to help us through the Cryptopia listing and any gotchas that they experienced releasing Phore. There's really not much left for launch unless Cryptopia comes back with a lot of stuff to do. I don't think they will, because we have tested in mainnet and have an active testnet going and all is going according to plan. I know you all would love a date and I would love to provide it, but I really don't see this taking any more than a month to go live. We'll post the new ANN in here when Karma puts it up.
faetos

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:29:41 PM

As for a working wallet you can download our current version and try it out on testnet. https://github.com/heliumchain/helium/releases/tag/v0.14.1 lists the Windows and Mac binaries. I'll be working on a deb package for Linux this week. If you want to participate on Testnet make sure to add testnet=1 in the helium.conf file (%APPDATA%/Helium - Windows, ~/Library/Application Support/Helium on Mac and .helium on Linux.) You can also edit these files directly via the client.
faetos

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:32:54 PM

Riveting project, witting vision! 

Never heard of witting vision. I'll use this somewhere this week - hide it in code comments somewhere. Probably best in a power point inflating an executive's ego. If someone asks I'll just say I heard it on Sky.
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: