Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:49:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN [NETKO][NETKO] PoW/PoS | NO PREMINE | BLAKE2S | 8.MARCH 2017  (Read 86081 times)
frankkkkkkk

Activity: 594
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:10:34 AM

I download the wallet and then find it just folk of Blackcoin...What do you think?

Was not aware BlackCoin uses blake2s algo. Check again! I think you need to refresh your findings or read more about BlckCoin and Netko before posting.

No,i mean the wallet s imformation is blackcoin,you konw?When i open the wallet,i just see the word!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
staysecure

Activity: 1472
Merit: 505

We are cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 05:31:34 AM

I download the wallet and then find it just folk of Blackcoin...What do you think?

Was not aware BlackCoin uses blake2s algo. Check again! I think you need to refresh your findings or read more about BlckCoin and Netko before posting.

No,i mean the wallet s imformation is blackcoin,you konw?When i open the wallet,i just see the word!

A screnshot would be nice since i really have no idea where you are geting the blackcoin part from.

Here are NETKO wallets: https://github.com/netkotech/netko/releases/tag/v1.0.0.1.

frankkkkkkk

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:12:47 AM

A screnshot would be nice since i really have no idea where you are geting the blackcoin part from.

Here are NETKO wallets: https://github.com/netkotech/netko/releases/tag/v1.0.0.1.

I am afraid have no picture....The wallet s name is blackcoin of Chinese ,also the "send coin"is.Anyway it does matter if you say that is all right.What s the nearly plan?A big news?
Namiks

Activity: 292
Merit: 252

I miss when crypto was about decentralisation.

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 01:38:47 PM

Why PoS?

I'm mining the coin, but PoS is a bit outdated given it stops healthy coin circulation through exchanges.

Crypto was created to liberate the individual. Decentralisation matters.
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 02:00:12 PM

Why PoS?

I'm mining the coin, but PoS is a bit outdated given it stops healthy coin circulation through exchanges.

Pos is what this coin is gonna be after block 12900 (and full PoS 60 blocks after that)

Namiks

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 02:04:38 PM

Why PoS?

Pos is what this coin is gonna be after block 12900 (and full PoS 60 blocks after that)

Yeah, I'm aware of what PoS is and when this coin will move to it. I just don't understand why the developers chose it, given it can cripple healthy market growth.

bspus
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:34:21 PM

Why PoS?

Yeah, I'm aware of what PoS is and when this coin will move to it. I just don't understand why the developers chose it, given it can cripple healthy market growth.

Why do you think so? It certainly discourages people leaving their balance indefinitely on an exchange on a high sell order and hoping to sell, but is that a problem?
If people want to sell they will send it and sell.

Also, on high stake coins, like this one, I would expect price not to rise much, or even fall but at no cost to holders who stake.

Lets not forget that total supply is rather low too. Even after 8 years it will be less than 25 million and after 8 years the stake will be very low anyway

Namiks

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:57:57 PM

Why PoS?

Why do you think so? It certainly discourages people leaving their balance indefinitely on an exchange on a high sell order and hoping to sell, but is that a problem?

Also, on high stake coins, like this one, I would expect price not to rise much, or even fall but at no cost to holders who stake.

Lets not forget that total supply is rather low too. Even after 8 years it will be less than 25 million and after 8 years the stake will be very low anyway

Leaving coins in a wallet that most will forget about/will just uninstall when they see the market cap isn't too different from leaving them on a high sell order indefinitely.

frankkkkkkk

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:55:58 AM

Any update?Please invite me to the slack!
bspus
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 03:38:03 AM

Leaving coins in a wallet that most will forget about/will just uninstall when they see the market cap isn't too different from leaving them on a high sell order indefinitely.

Until you realize that exchanges can and do occasionally go belly up.
I was around during the mintpal and cryptsy fiasco. Thankfully I lost very little but it taught me a lesson.

Back then bittrex and poloniex were minor players in this field. Now they are big and appear solid but so did mintpal.

I will never leave a significant amount on exchanges unless I really intend to trade it

staysecure

We are cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 06:49:55 AM

Why PoS?

Hi NETKO is not PoS yet. Long PoW altcoin blockchains are also subject to criticism so there is no way to please everyone in terms of consensus mechanism.

Energy hungry blockchains are not to welcome either. Bitcoin is the market maker so he get a free pass but alts need to be eco friendly at least that is how i feel about it.

staysecure

We are cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 06:54:22 AM

Why PoS?

Digital currencies are for responsible people and with that in mind backing up wallet.dat is the responsible thing to do.  Uninstalling or removing NetkoQT does not remove wallet.dat or the chain data form the %appdata% folders. Market actions are certainly not something developers can control.

staysecure

We are cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 06:57:31 AM

I was around during the mintpal and cryptsy fiasco. Thankfully I lost very little but it taught me a lesson.

Back then bittrex and poloniex were minor players in this field. Now they are big and appear solid but so did mintpal.

I will never leave a significant amount on exchanges unless I really intend to trade it

I was one of the luck ones that didnt have a penny on cryptsy (maybe some dogecoins).

By now i truelly hope that people have figured out that exchanges are a place for trading cryptocoins NOT holding them.

The bigger the exhange gets the more attractive they become to attackers.

frankkkkkkk

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 02:23:51 PM

Without a clear roadmap,Exchange listing plan,Community construction plan,do you guys just launch the coin and then let it exchange like cheap goods ?My god!
staysecure

We are cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 03:24:26 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 03:53:31 PM by staysecure

Without a clear roadmap,Exchange listing plan,Community construction plan,do you guys just launch the coin and then let it exchange like cheap goods ?My god!

No one is forcing you do be here @frankkkkkkk.

1. We gave NETKO a market before the first coins where even mined but clearly you dont like Cryptopia or just failed to read the thread.
2. Community contruction plan? Are you referring to bounties and stuff as its clear there was no ico or premine and it a company backed blockchain but its free for everyone to mine/stake/buy/sell....
3. What do you mean exchange like cheap goods? We havent even setup the IT shop yet where IT grear will be available to purchase with NETKO
4. Leave god out of this he/she/it can have his/hers/its own blockchain

A side note that me and Gregor and Ziga and everyone else working with Netko d.o.o. either full time, part time or outsourcing didnt quit our day jobs to launch this project and we all had insane two weeks behind us so cut us some slack.

I find i very umusing that the father bitcoin had 3 years of dark time and another 5 years to get to the point where its today and thats fine but if someone launches a blockchain for a specific use case and in a few weeks its not all guns and glory comments like these arrive.

I went thru your comments sice 2014 (i dont usually do that) and i see a patern and i will be honest right here and say you havent had a constructive comment in 3 years on BCT so its pointless to expect you will start now.

Still tnx for stopping by and i appreciate your time but do move on please. Much appreciated.

frankkkkkkk

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 05:49:34 AM

No one is forcing you do be here @frankkkkkkk.

1. We gave NETKO a market before the first coins where even mined but clearly you dont like Cryptopia or just failed to read the thread.
2. Community contruction plan? Are you referring to bounties and stuff as its clear there was no ico or premine and it a company backed blockchain but its free for everyone to mine/stake/buy/sell....
3. What do you mean exchange like cheap goods? We havent even setup the IT shop yet where IT grear will be available to purchase with NETKO
4. Leave god out of this he/she/it can have his/hers/its own blockchain

A side note that me and Gregor and Ziga and everyone else working with Netko d.o.o. either full time, part time or outsourcing didnt quit our day jobs to launch this project and we all had insane two weeks behind us so cut us some slack.

I find i very umusing that the father bitcoin had 3 years of dark time and another 5 years to get to the point where its today and thats fine but if someone launches a blockchain for a specific use case and in a few weeks its not all guns and glory comments like these arrive.

I went thru your comments sice 2014 (i dont usually do that) and i see a patern and i will be honest right here and say you havent had a constructive comment in 3 years on BCT so its pointless to expect you will start now.

Still tnx for stopping by and i appreciate your time but do move on please. Much appreciated.
Ok,thank you for the patience reply. I admit that you are almost right,you dont need to thru my comments as i am just a newbie.

Just relax and listen to my amateurish advice.

As we konw,there are too many new projects made on the BCT and then trade in the market everyday.So how to get people to discover this project?If there is not an active community,pepple will soo forget you,like a flash in the pan!And Dev have a responsibility to lead the community at the beginning.Maybe,he cant leave after everything run well.So,pls dont say "no ico,no premine,so we do need to do nothing without any porfit".

Best wish!
micdvd85

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

BAM

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 09:27:11 AM

I was one of the luck ones that didnt have a penny on cryptsy (maybe some dogecoins).

By now i truelly hope that people have figured out that exchanges are a place for trading cryptocoins NOT holding them.

Yeah, I don't care if a coin is POS or POW or whatever it is, I only ever hold all my coins in their wallet on my computer and NEVER on an exchange. If I do send coins to an exchange and set a little bit higher price than what is being traded I will not leave them there for more than 2 days max and I'll send them back to my wallet. I hate having coins that are not in my direct control.
Namiks

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:05:54 PM

Yeah, I don't care if a coin is POS or POW or whatever it is, I only ever hold all my coins in their wallet on my computer and NEVER on an exchange. If I do send coins to an exchange and set a little bit higher price than what is being traded I will not leave them there for more than 2 days max and I'll send them back to my wallet. I hate having coins that are not in my direct control.

These replies are ignoring the main point of my argument.

It was never about holding coins on the exchange, of course that is a bad idea - but it was about the purpose of PoS, given, regardless of whether coins are being held on exchanges or actively traded, the market still loses a large portion of healthy coin circulation.

The argument that PoS is so people don't lose coins on exchanges can be counter-argued with, well, a large portion of people already keep their coins in their wallet during the times they are not trading with them, just not long enough to warrant staking them.

This will only result in a smaller market cap and less people taking the time to look into the coin to invest and use it for its main purpose. The value of the coin is crippled, which doesn't help regardless of the supply amount.

So, the main question: Why PoS? How does Netko benefit from it?

staysecure

We are cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 05:50:33 PM

Why PoS?

True but if the PoW phase is too long there is also judgemental comments. The main point of a 3months PoW phase at NETKO is that we didnt want the coin to be an energy hungry beast for too long and 3 months is still sufficient time for a lot of people to give mininig NETKO a shot. What i dont regret is that we did the zero premine or some ICO. We will see how it goes. NETKO is very young and infant infact so its too soon to tell.

micdvd85

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

BAM

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 06:23:08 AM

These replies are ignoring the main point of my argument.

It was never about holding coins on the exchange, of course that is a bad idea - but it was about the purpose of PoS, given, regardless of whether coins are being held on exchanges or actively traded, the market still loses a large portion of healthy coin circulation.

The argument that PoS is so people don't lose coins on exchanges can be counter-argued with, well, a large portion of people already keep their coins in their wallet during the times they are not trading with them, just not long enough to warrant staking them.

This will only result in a smaller market cap and less people taking the time to look into the coin to invest and use it for its main purpose. The value of the coin is crippled, which doesn't help regardless of the supply amount.

So, the main question: Why PoS? How does Netko benefit from it?

I understand your point of view and I'm not saying that I dissagree with it. All I can do is speak for myself and my habbits as far as coin trading/holding goes.

As for myself I hold coins in my wallets for a very long time no matter POW or POS. I rarely ever sell coins, please don't ask why, my reasons are my own. But for my habbits I obviously love POS becuase I always hold coins for a very long time and I only have one computer so I can only mine one coin at a time, POS gives me the ability to keep collecting coins that I mined a lot of but no longer wish to mine.

I understand the market cap point and less people taking time to look into the coin because I do not buy coins either, I only mine. So when I do come across a coin that is POS only (no more mining left) I will not even research the coin or anything, it is a dead coin to me. So I hate POS on that end and I completely agree with you.

So trust me, I see both sides of what you are saying. Like I said, I can only speak on behalf of myself and my coin usage habbits. I'm not trying to start or join an argument, I just wanted to add my 2 mBTC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: