Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:07:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: did you place all your funds into bitcoin?  (Read 123563 times)
bbcolex

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:41:17 AM

30% of my current net worth to alt and btc while the other 70% bank and pocket money, again don't go all in we don't really know what will happen in the future. But bitcoin is the future  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:14:13 PM

30% of my current net worth to alt and btc while the other 70% bank and pocket money, again don't go all in we don't really know what will happen in the future. But bitcoin is the future  Grin
It seems that you are playing safe right there but it is still a great strategy to minimize the risk of getting a huge loss. Putting at least 30% is not a low percentage for an investor and i think you should hold it for long term so that 30% of your money will grow into unexpected numbers and the rest of your money should be invest but in great and stable investment so you can have a peace of mind.
yudkowske

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:32:48 PM

Bitcoin is the future. I'm 75% in btc+alts and have just a little left for beer money and stuff.
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:52:05 PM

A very good move not to spend all of your money and you stay away from big risk . Bitcoins can give you more money if you can make it grow and if something happens its not too bad and you can start again by small amount than risking all your money and you don't know what may possibly happen.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
yudkowske

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:01:36 PM

A very good move not to spend all of your money and you stay away from big risk . Bitcoins can give you more money if you can make it grow and if something happens its not too bad and you can start again by small amount than risking all your money and you don't know what may possibly happen.

Honestly it feels like the lifetime opportunity. I can't stop myself from investing most of my fiat income in crypto.
Cormoran

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:14:24 PM

It's just foolish to place too much faith in any speculative investment; buying bitcoin directly is a one-trick pony, if it doesn't increase in value it's got nothing. 58% of my investments are in fixed income, mostly providing credit at a few percentage points above the prime rate; 30% in equity, 10% in bonds, and I invested 2% in bitcoin. It worked out well since I invested just before August when the value was plummeting to $1600 - I caught it at $2k and have already sold enough of it to recoup my initial investment. If bitcoin soars as people expect, I'll be a little bit wealthier; if it's a bubble that pops, I won't lose a cent. Smiley I may take one of my remaining bitcoins and buy a few ASIC miners with it though. At current prices, it's a no-brainer to buy 3 S9s for 1 bitcoin and then mine 3-4 bitcoins with them in the next year, though of course 1 more of those would have to be sold to pay for power costs.
Cormoran

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:21:48 PM

No, I do not risk putting all my money in bitcoin. No one can predict its exact growth and for safety reasons I allocate my funds to different cells, it helps me to avoid huge losses.

But I will. I will place all my holding into bitcoin. If you do that so ,you should act wisely to  get a profit from it. You should periodically Check the price of bitcoin. If it's reach the maximum Value, you may cashed out your bitcoin. Bitcoin is the best place to get profit.

I periodically check the bitcoin prices... but what is the maximum value? Tongue

Is there some sort of guide that I haven't read that gives ironclad, guaranteed predictions on future market prices? Any investment can reach all-time-highs or crash depending on investor confidence and the underlying value of the investment; investor confidence in bitcoin is sky-high, but what is the underlying value other than that confidence? The network is reasonably extensive and powerful, but could be pointed to another SHA256 coin very quickly if conditions changed too much and people got severely spooked by bitcoin itself - and even if that network stays in place, it needs to expand a lot to be useful as an actual currency rather than a speculative investment. The bitcoin network currently is too slow and expensive for bitcoin to actually be used as a currency that can be accepted worldwide, not just at exchanges but at the ordinary merchants who currently don't understand the concept and don't care.
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:33:21 PM

It's just foolish to place too much faith in any speculative investment; buying bitcoin directly is a one-trick pony, if it doesn't increase in value it's got nothing. 58% of my investments are in fixed income, mostly providing credit at a few percentage points above the prime rate; 30% in equity, 10% in bonds, and I invested 2% in bitcoin. It worked out well since I invested just before August when the value was plummeting to $1600 - I caught it at $2k and have already sold enough of it to recoup my initial investment. If bitcoin soars as people expect, I'll be a little bit wealthier; if it's a bubble that pops, I won't lose a cent. Smiley I may take one of my remaining bitcoins and buy a few ASIC miners with it though. At current prices, it's a no-brainer to buy 3 S9s for 1 bitcoin and then mine 3-4 bitcoins with them in the next year, though of course 1 more of those would have to be sold to pay for power costs.
The fact is that in part you are right. I would like to save today how many coins for the future, but everything else is Trade and exchange for real money. I want to protect myself from many risks that may be associated with crypto currency.
Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:18:43 PM

The fact is that in part you are right. I would like to save today how many coins for the future, but everything else is Trade and exchange for real money. I want to protect myself from many risks that may be associated with crypto currency.
In my opinion, you can try change your thought about crypto market, think it is real money just make your emotion getting worse because when trading we need make our spirit feel comfortable. Therefore, change your thought as my said very important.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
yudkowske

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:28:13 PM

In my opinion, you can try change your thought about crypto market, think it is real money just make your emotion getting worse because when trading we need make our spirit feel comfortable. Therefore, change your thought as my said very important.

Bitcoin is a beta-version-money.
Unfortunately, at least now you can't use it comfortably and you will have hard time convincing new people to start using it as well. It's only popular amongst those who are interested in investment.
pisston

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:08:55 PM

Judging by the forecasts made by many experts regarding the future price of Bitcoin, then it is possible to save only a few coins for these prospects, And now the rest is working for today, or investments or trade, in order to earn more on the difference in price. Perhaps you can keep Bitcoin money, but it seems to me that some altcoyins are still more profitable for today.
miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:29:07 PM

I am thinking .. to put all my money in bitcoin what do you think? is it a good way to grow my money? or it is risky or.. ?

my advise is to save something dedicated to long term savings and buy Bitcoins, remember to buy an amount you are not willing to spend in the next 3 years (at least)
ssuchy

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:41:24 PM

I am thinking .. to put all my money in bitcoin what do you think? is it a good way to grow my money? or it is risky or.. ?

my advise is to save something dedicated to long term savings and buy Bitcoins, remember to buy an amount you are not willing to spend in the next 3 years (at least)
It seems to me that unambiguously to save all my money in bitcoin will be dangerous. Nobody knows 100% confidence in the future of the crypto currency. Therefore, just some part needs to be kept in bitcoin, and everything else is alternative investments, including Fiat.
Kocret02

Activity: 1120

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:44:43 AM

No, the collected funds in bitcoin are only 20% of the profit. so even in bitcoin there are funds but still have little reserve in the form of money.
I will only put the overall funds when will do trading, the rest only partially.

Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:24:52 AM

Well you are right. At present you cannot risk of placing all your funds for BTC. Even though BTC is very much profitable, but even then you cannot rely on BTC only to fulfil your present needs at present. But if the time comes when BTC will be used everywhere then you can do it for sure.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 09:40:58 AM

It is not reliable to invest all your funds in something that is so risky and volatile. Even if it only goes up, the mentality of "I will risk all" will likely prevail and you will not profit (i.e. use the money you earn).

Being a little more balanced is better.

djgtr

Activity: 951

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:08:39 AM

It is not reliable to invest all your funds in something that is so risky and volatile. Even if it only goes up, the mentality of "I will risk all" will likely prevail and you will not profit (i.e. use the money you earn).

yes i agree i think it is too risky if all of our funds will place into bitcoin.it is not advisable.maybe we can put halfway of our funds and save the other half.because every crazy little thing in this world is not predictable anything may change.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:24:16 AM

yes i agree i think it is too risky if all of our funds will place into bitcoin.it is not advisable.maybe we can put halfway of our funds and save the other half.because every crazy little thing in this world is not predictable anything may change.
If you want to be safe in investment then you should put your money in different kind of good cryptocurrencies that are good for long term aside from bitcoin and because of that, you don't need to put all your funds in bitcoin because you will put it in different types of cryptocurrencies and you will have a different possible sources of income aside from bitcoin so the risk is very low for you.
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:18:22 AM

If you want to be safe in investment then you should put your money in different kind of good cryptocurrencies that are good for long term aside from bitcoin and because of that, you don't need to put all your funds in bitcoin because you will put it in different types of cryptocurrencies and you will have a different possible sources of income aside from bitcoin so the risk is very low for you.
yes i agree on that .putting funds in a diff. Kinds  of cryptocurrencies is safetiest way of than puting it in one kind of cruptocurrencies.i think we should only used half of our funds in bitcoin and the other half is to another kinds of currencies.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:25:03 AM

yes i agree on that .putting funds in a diff. Kinds  of cryptocurrencies is safetiest way of than puting it in one kind of cruptocurrencies.i think we should only used half of our funds in bitcoin and the other half is to another kinds of currencies.
yes i agree.it is  verry safe to put our funds in two kinds of cryptocurrencies than putting it only in btc.because nobody knows  there are another coins that is  rising and become  more valuable than btc.it is really posible.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: