Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:15:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with loss?  (Read 52261 times)
Ratters

Activity: 434
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:08:47 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2017, 09:15:11 PM by Ratters

I'm sure that the losses are inevitable in trading, and your purpose is to minimize it. I think it's bad idea to wait, it will be better to close the losing position as soon as possible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
babyshaun

Activity: 230
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:28:33 AM

I'm sure that the losses are inevitable in trading, and your purpose is to minimize it. I think it's bad idea to wait, it will be better to close the losing position as soon as possible.

if u have another plan just closed ur position asap then invest other crypto. But if u not a margin trading u can hold any time  even so many drop pricing...  well the decision is yours is that your money free will u do anything.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:51:42 AM

I always keep calm when prices fall because when we participate in this market we have to take risks and accept losses if possible. I think in all cases we should shut down the computer and limit the trade during the downtrend
Limiting trade during the downtrend is good but shutting down sometimes is bad. If you lose at a point, you can cut your loss, accept it like you said and then monitor the market to see if you can get back at huge dip. It is patience, a time comes when the market will balance and if you buy at the lowest dip and the market gets pumped back up, you make your profit and even more than you have lost if possible. That is why stop loss is important.
CryptonikaTrade

Activity: 154
Merit: 85

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:46:08 AM

Diversification - don't put all eggs in one basket

MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:09:55 AM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

much better u have a plan if u cut loss ur profits. I have a tip if ur investment are fallen much better u bought from dip price this is a good way to earn if u have a lot btc that do it.

If u dont have another btc follow the flow price fallen. Sell low buy low...
I think it really depends upon you that how you take it. We always need to keep on our mind that in investment there is always a risk and loss is inevitable for business. So its better to always learn for the mistake so in the next part of invest or even in trading you will earn rather than to loss. I think in any kind of business you have to give time to get profit. You cannot be a millionare in no time so, its better to wait for the right time to sell or buy.
Dralarn

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:43:39 AM

as with everything is life, you win some and you lose some. How can you expect to win all the time if you can't lose some times as well. Personally, that's how I'm dealing with it, I tell myself that I can't be winning the entire time and that sometimes you gonna take a hit, it's not nice but it's part of the "game". And it's not only in trading, it's in everything you do in life - maybe you didn't get hired for a job, maybe you didn't make this girl you liked your girlfriend, and maybe that trade you made two hours ago went completely the other direction. People have to try to manage their emotions especially in trading, because that directly affects the outcome of your performance, which affects your balance, and your balance obviously is your income/gains which you need to "survive" or live (considering you don't have a full time job).
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:47:28 PM

If you keep closing every losing position, you would sooner or later be down to zero Btc and that clearly demonstrates lack of plan and organisation.

A better approach would have been to take up positions only on assets you have strong convictions for and even at that, it is never a good trading decision to ever go all in. There's need to split your balance into a number of places and then buy some bits more should price drop to a certain level you have determined, on and on. Since price does not continue indefinitely in anyone direction, reversal is most likely after a few of such purchases.
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:17:57 PM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

There are always rules you have to set for yourself when trading,and then follow them.I personally,when trading do few things.
First of all,and everyone always mentions it,invest what you can afford to lose,so you can trade cool headed and not be in temptation of panic selling.
Second of all,invest in the project you actually believe in.That way,if you're confident enough,when the price drops you'll buy even more,expecting it to boom soon.
The third thing you can do which is smart is to make portfolios of at least 5 good cryptos you'll invest in.That way even if four of these are falling,if one is very successful you'll at least cover the losses.
Your all pieces of advice are worth following. I am really grateful that you shared your precious strategies. We all know that riski the part of business and loss is again inevitable. Without losses you cannot make big profits.

But there are many remarkable methods of minimizing the risk factor and loss. The best you can adopt for avoiding loss in crypto market is to diversify your portfolio.
I think for i don't think you have to invest so, much so, that you don't handle the pressure of loss or failure and if something like this happen to you than it is always good to move on because if you stay it can't make you learn. So you have to move from your mistake to profit-making steps.
In this industry, we have to move on, if you stuck at one point and you can't regain back all your knowledge.
Beremat

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

YGOLD is a Defi platform

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:52:47 PM

It is hard to answer this question because no one knows exactly when the price goes up or goes down. But if I were you, I will sell immediately and try to trade another coin.  Because, if you still hold, you can lose everything when a panic sell happens.  Cheesy

Mikelude

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:46:39 PM

depends on the coin
JOSE2014

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:16:04 PM

depends on the coin

Bitcoin is realy help to me. It will give more information for the getting the more profit. I will get the more information for the future grownup.  It will give the support for the future handling. It will give more advises. If loss i will hand the net work. But bitcoin is good to useful of the handling the loss. So it give how to improve your self.

Zoel

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:43:29 AM

It is hard to answer this question because no one knows exactly when the price goes up or goes down. But if I were you, I will sell immediately and try to trade another coin.  Because, if you still hold, you can lose everything when a panic sell happens.  Cheesy
Mate, Trading's not talking about sell them at high or sell them at price going down. That's why we should have a knownledge and learn about future of coins. Prices go up and down I guess that's a common thing, but we can got oppotinity on goals of coins.
mukeymon

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:42:33 AM

If I encounter it I might sell loss, if some altcoin drops too fast instead of continuing to hold, I can sell the hole to reduce the loss.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:34:30 AM

If I encounter it I might sell loss, if some altcoin drops too fast instead of continuing to hold, I can sell the hole to reduce the loss.

That's why i don't deal that much with the newer untested altcoins yet. You won't know if it's going to bounce back or not compared to trusted regulars like btc and etherium. I seldom end up in losses now because with these coins i'm trading with, all you need is patience.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:38:24 AM

don't cut your loss just hold until the price goes up bubble again but if you're afraid that you could lose a chance you can sell your bitcoin when the price decrease again it depends on the person . I'm the type of person who can wait till bitcoin price goes up but this time I already sell my btc from $5700 since i bought it at $5300. I'm just gonna wait till the price drop again and then buy bitcoin again.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:44:59 AM

Yes to make a deal with lost is stop loss or cut lost, the other way to make deal with lost is i always used iddle money for capital of trading, no loan in trading activity it help to control my emotions and never used large of money in trading altcoins, it help to management of money in trading, so i could made deal with losing my money in trading.
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:23:06 AM

the idea is not to put all your eggs in one basket. Invest in Bitcoin, watch for good ICOs (like ankorus) and there are other cryptos to invest.

Precisely, because if you are just a newbie in the Trading world, then it is better if you are going to start on a little amount of money that you are going to use as a capital on Trading, so that if you lose it, then you could easily move on and think for another way to earn bitcoin and learn from your mistake.
Casmania

Activity: 390

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:08:14 AM

the idea is not to put all your eggs in one basket. Invest in Bitcoin, watch for good ICOs (like ankorus) and there are other cryptos to invest.

Precisely, because if you are just a newbie in the Trading world, then it is better if you are going to start on a little amount of money that you are going to use as a capital on Trading, so that if you lose it, then you could easily move on and think for another way to earn bitcoin and learn from your mistake.
That is the biggest mistake a trader will do if they invest all their coins in one place. It would be a 50:50 probability. I couldn’t muster myself in such situation, although I haven’t experienced it, but I’m pretty sure that it is  difficult to get back from that kind of loss. If I’d be in such situation, I’d gather all the resources I have left and invest again. But more careful this time. It would be going back from the start.
IAMYOURLEADER

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:29:34 AM

The best thing to do when you experience loss is move on. Just keep moving forward because no matter what you do, you can't recover what you had already lost. And divide your investments in various coins so if you lost in  one of your coin, you can still get it back or more than that with you other altcoins.
waitforme

Activity: 618

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:46:47 AM

You say that I do not agree with the way you do business in bitcoin. If you have determined to invest in it then at least you must have some certain knowledge about it when you invest without knowing it. Invest in something like you take your money thrown through the window. But one way that traders usually use is that they will always sell if the current price falls 5-10% over the purchase price, they will ensure that their capital does not lose too much before making a profit from it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: