Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:37:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with loss?  (Read 52261 times)
ahtremblay

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:55:45 AM

No problem man, Sometimes you will lose your money by that way. For me, what you can learn after is more important. If you lose your money, don't look back. Let learn from your mistakes, you will succeed in the future.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:01:33 AM

I will see the potential of the coin, if I feel sure the coin has the potential, better I wait for the price bounces rather than cut lose, but if the price is difficult to increase in a long time, it's better I sell it and move to another coin who have great potential to recover my losses.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:08:05 AM

Almost all of us suffer some losses especially in dealing with trading or investing in a cryptocurrency with the price that eventually goes down or did not recover at all. But losses can make you wiser also by correcting all the mistakes you've done. This kind of experiences make a person better and more successful in the future if he managed to study all the necessary steps to overcome the risks and losses.  
aishyoo17

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:47:21 AM

The best thing to do when you experience loss is move on. Just keep moving forward because no matter what you do, you can't recover what you had already lost. And divide your investments in various coins so if you lost in  one of your coin, you can still get it back or more than that with you other altcoins.
Yeah moving on is the best thing to do but of course one should not forget to learn from the past mistake so that if you will make another trade you will be successful and you can minimize your loss.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE

─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|
shalnark

Activity: 196
Merit: 121

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:53:57 AM

The best thing to do when you experience loss is move on. Just keep moving forward because no matter what you do, you can't recover what you had already lost. And divide your investments in various coins so if you lost in  one of your coin, you can still get it back or more than that with you other altcoins.
Yeah moving on is the best thing to do but of course one should not forget to learn from the past mistake so that if you will make another trade you will be successful and you can minimize your loss.
For now I was not encountered any losses, since I was newly in this kind of job, if necessary I experience losses I think I can't deal it to hard because if I always thinking about my loss my head gonna be ache and it gives me stressed. so all I need is to set them free and thinking how I can recovered it in the future.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:20:50 AM

win and lose is a part of every game just like that trading is also a game some time you will get profit some time you will lose. but whenever you lose then that was a time of picking points for future that due to which point you have to face lose and next time when you face that point then you should confident to get success by clearing your mistake.
hasan019

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:56:15 AM

Loss is a part of business. I hold my coins when they are in loss if I believe in the project.
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:11:23 PM

Its very hard that we experience losses but this keeps us strong and make us drive to success.Some people cant handle losses thats why we have friends and family to help us motivate and continue even we failed.
WSDN

Activity: 493

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:49:45 PM

It is hard to face will fail. But that is a part of the game. No one always wins, No one always loses. When the price is falling down, you have to calm down to identify about your coin. If you trust your coin, you still hold it wait for price recover. Contrarily, Sell it as soon as possible.

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

I  D  E  N  A

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 6 8 0

N  O  D  E  S

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

███

███

REQUEST INVITATION
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:10:02 PM

I will see the potential of the coin, if I feel sure the coin has the potential, better I wait for the price bounces rather than cut lose, but if the price is difficult to increase in a long time, it's better I sell it and move to another coin who have great potential to recover my losses.

Coin really matters here. Recently, I was holding some shit coins and I knew, but was just trying to play my luck on them while seeing some pump signs until the market showed me the boss (I learned my lessons from that before you judge me) Grin … I had to dump them even at losses and I used that to buy potential altcoins at dips and I have been able to recover at least few of my profit back and still waiting for more. If you have a plan for losses even before they happen, decisions would be easy to make and your confidence will grow as time goes on. No one is perfect, but planning after a loss is what is important than panicking.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:50:42 PM

- Yeah, keep calm, analyze and look at the potential of the coin, this is what we need to do to determine the method of dealing with loss, however, I see many people never do that, most of them panicked and immediately cut losses, they can not overcome the fear of losing. If we do not have the calm and do not analyze the problem, we will make the wrong decision and we will regret when prices rise again. Trading is a psychological game, if our psychology fluctuates, failure will find us, loss is only part of the game, we should get used to it, do not let it make us panic

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
mrfreezeh

Activity: 348

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:05:23 PM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

If I encounter it I might sell loss, if some altcoin drops too fast instead of continuing to hold, I can sell the hole to reduce the loss.

That's why i don't deal that much with the newer untested altcoins yet. You won't know if it's going to bounce back or not compared to trusted regulars like btc and etherium. I seldom end up in losses now because with these coins i'm trading with, all you need is patience.
And beside that, you should not avoid the margin trade when you are newbie or trader can not control your emotion or time for trade. This function can helps you make a lot of money, but it is also the reason make many traders losed many money and do not invest into any crypto again Grin.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:09:49 PM

- Yeah, keep calm, analyze and look at the potential of the coin, this is what we need to do to determine the method of dealing with loss, however, I see many people never do that, most of them panicked and immediately cut losses, they can not overcome the fear of losing. If we do not have the calm and do not analyze the problem, we will make the wrong decision and we will regret when prices rise again. Trading is a psychological game, if our psychology fluctuates, failure will find us, loss is only part of the game, we should get used to it, do not let it make us panic
If you are counting on some advantages or disadvantages of the financial plan for trading, then clearly you should at least not panic, because you should practically envisage different kinds of developments. But to avoid this, when trading the crypto currency, you need to take into account all the factors of those coins with which you are dealing. Only completely the essence of the voice of the market, you can minimize your losses.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:01:31 PM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

I remember the time I have .2 BTC and bought XMR (can't recall the price of it but its really cheap back then). The reason I bought XMR because of its potential at that time which my instincts told me to do so. However, upon 1 week of monitoring the price, I noticed that it goes downward per day so what I did is sold my remaining XMR's and move on. The next 2 days or so hit me really hard as the price was increasing. I lost around 0.08 at that time but then again, I just focus and believe (risk) on XMR and to this day I'm happy that I've learned my lesson back then at the same time XMR was one of the succesful Altcoins up to this date.
That is always the point! You will most definitely learn your lessons from every mistakes you make in a trade which resulted to a loss or the other. And the good thing about it is that with that, you are always going to be able to make better decisions in the future. There is no one that has never experiences mistakes, failures and losses in the past, even the pro traders and in the outside world, business men have. What is important is picking up from that point and recovering better next time.
cryptofriendz

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Do or do not.

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:06:20 PM

Wow. I won, I lost, now I'm hodling to not realize losses. Lets talk in 2 month. BTC mooning.
ModGirl

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:06:35 PM

If I encounter it I might sell loss, if some altcoin drops too fast instead of continuing to hold, I can sell the hole to reduce the loss.

That's why i don't deal that much with the newer untested altcoins yet. You won't know if it's going to bounce back or not compared to trusted regulars like btc and etherium. I seldom end up in losses now because with these coins i'm trading with, all you need is patience.
Appreciable actions for catering risks. You are doing so great while making this all not a burden on you. Keep yourself updated with the market price and you will be going to have any solid loss. Still if you have a loss, don’t be panic. This is the only one main characteristic of successful person when they encounter with loss. Accept the fact that profits and loss are necessary for better business.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:13:34 PM

Appreciable actions for catering risks. You are doing so great while making this all not a burden on you. Keep yourself updated with the market price and you will be going to have any solid loss. Still if you have a loss, don’t be panic. This is the only one main characteristic of successful person when they encounter with loss. Accept the fact that profits and loss are necessary for better business.
We dont really have a choice but to face those loses and instead of getting discourage our stressing out yourself too much. Same as mentioned i dont actually see on those new altcoins being launched since the probability of success would really be lesser compared into those earliest years where altcoins are still on the trend but on these recent year it is somehow saturated already.
Blackdax

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:23:41 PM

I just losing now 200$ and I still hold to get out with minimum lose but finally I close all my open operation to avoid big loss. Sometime you have a choice between lose a small amount or losing your account so difinitly choose the first choice is better even you don't like it.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:28:39 PM

It is not only related to the world of trading but for holding also, if you want to be successful then patience is the key. Profit and loss are the part of business, there is only one to recover your losses and that is to invest with fresh mind after the loss with better plan and strategy in your mind. Keep on learning from your past mistakes and try to remain motivated always. Do not lose your heart.

wizmo

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:48:04 PM

I do daily tracking of my portfolio If I see that particular coin in which I am losing me money then I wait for few more weeks to make decision if it continue to go downward then I sell it with other coins which are making me profit to cover loss. I'm new to crypto currency and started with very small amount for trading and you should always keep in mind while trading that trading does not guarantee you profit if you keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back or you'll make profit even if it making you loss then avoid that mentality which can make you huge loss and also affect your real life. Research is the key to do trading successfully and keeping yourself updated with market also benefit yourself.     
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: