Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:03:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with loss?  (Read 52255 times)
rstephan

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:51:26 PM

As long the bitcoin will rise, most altcoins will be going down a bit. So i hold them until they will recover from the bitcoin fork. I only invest in popular altcoins, which are bigger and have a potential future. So i try to recover my loss.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:59:31 PM

The best thing to do when you experience loss is move on. Just keep moving forward because no matter what you do, you can't recover what you had already lost.
What a suggestion? Heeding to it can only make matter worse and anyone with such a mindset of a loss being final had better reconsider if trading is their thing! At any rate, losses can be recovered with proper money management and strategy what's problem is when a trader starts to chase a loss or pretend it doesn't matter at all!

And divide your investments in various coins so if you lost in one of your coin, you can still get it back or more than that with you other altcoins.
I think there is a high probability of ending up increasing your overall exposure than reducing it, because we often see almost all altcoins turning red most times Bitcoin is so strong.
majdoso

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:53:47 PM

I really do not believe that losin a game is a big thing or some thing that can have negative impact on me. i just consider it as a new begining for a new game and new hope.
Shishir99

Activity: 644
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 12:04:57 AM

I think you should always look to fundamentals of the coin that you invest.
If the fundamentals are good then the coin will bounce back for sure.
If it's no then you should cut your loss and invest it to another good coin.
And take it as very simple.
But usually selling in loss is not a good idea in my opinion.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:12:47 AM

I'm sure that the losses are inevitable in trading, and your purpose is to minimize it. I think it's bad idea to wait, it will be better to close the losing position as soon as possible.
Definitely inevitable and that is why you should have already concluded your plans on a trade before you even get in at all most especially for day traders.

Those little margins count and having a coin that will end up holding your coin for long will not even work which is the reason you either stop your loss on a trade, focus on another one, and find how you can recover the loss back on another trade. No dulling or dragging, your decisions must be spontaneous.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:28:35 AM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

There are always rules you have to set for yourself when trading,and then follow them.I personally,when trading do few things.
First of all,and everyone always mentions it,invest what you can afford to lose,so you can trade cool headed and not be in temptation of panic selling.
Second of all,invest in the project you actually believe in.That way,if you're confident enough,when the price drops you'll buy even more,expecting it to boom soon.
The third thing you can do which is smart is to make portfolios of at least 5 good cryptos you'll invest in.That way even if four of these are falling,if one is very successful you'll at least cover the losses.
Your all pieces of advice are worth following. I am really grateful that you shared your precious strategies. We all know that riski the part of business and loss is again inevitable. Without losses you cannot make big profits.

But there are many remarkable methods of minimizing the risk factor and loss. The best you can adopt for avoiding loss in crypto market is to diversify your portfolio.
Diversifying you r portfolio has always worked rather than putting all your funds into one project or coin, that is more like putting all your eggs in one basket, and once the basket gets dropped, you might just have to pick some tiny eggs back.

Indeed, some markets are good and with patience you can make it back, but if you lose in one, you can always make your profit back in the other one.
Asmonist

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:01:29 AM

This is why you should not put all eggs in one basket. You diversify, somewhere you win, somewhere you lose. All you have to do is to make sure you get a plus a bit more often. If you put everything on one project and it goes bad, you lose everything. If it goes well, and you keep using same strategy, you will lose everything anyway, it's just a matter of time.

I'm not selling anymore if I'm losing, because if I sell - nothing will change, but there is a chance that something good might happen and I will be able to minimize my losses. But now I'm always prepared to lose everything I put on something, but the chances are better if this is not the only project I am involved in.

Loss is part of the investment. Once we invest our money its either a profit, loss or breakeven. That's why we must be careful on where to invest. And first of all, we must have a reserve fund just in case losses occur. We must bear in mind that the money we invest would have a possibility that it will not turn back always high. It could be lower or worst case nothing will return. So we must be inspired to take care of our investment to avoid losses. And savings first before investing.

Hotrod_88

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:11:12 AM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

I don't usually gave up that quickly when it becomes on my holdings, because sometimes the value of it will rise with just a little bit of patience. And I do not let my emotions drive me, it will just lead to a bad decisions. Some who are getting driven by their emotions are usually panic selling all their holdings and cutting their loss. And afterwards their holdings will pump but they already sell it with their loss so they are not gonna get back that money. And I dont want that to happen to me.
bitalive

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:39:32 AM

there are several ways to recover and get back in the game. I follow this particular set of rules for myself-
  • Accept responsibility
    Stop trading for a while
    Make a plan
    Work hard on that Plan and make it a better plan
    Put your loss in perspective
    Be inspired
    Get back in the game
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:00:50 AM

I will see the potential of the coin, if I feel sure the coin has the potential, better I wait for the price bounces rather than cut lose, but if the price is difficult to increase in a long time, it's better I sell it and move to another coin who have great potential to recover my losses.

- Yeah, keep calm, analyze and look at the potential of the coin, this is what we need to do to determine the method of dealing with loss, however, I see many people never do that, most of them panicked and immediately cut losses, they can not overcome the fear of losing. If we do not have the calm and do not analyze the problem, we will make the wrong decision and we will regret when prices rise again. Trading is a psychological game, if our psychology fluctuates, failure will find us, loss is only part of the game, we should get used to it, do not let it make us panic
No one can run from failure forever. If not today then tomorrow we are going to bump into it. I think we must not fear it. Whenever we feel nervous about any matter, standing up and eating that nerve will clear out that problem. Once there is no fear, then developing patience would become easier.

Every wrong move is done in the some sort of emotional state and that is why calmness is nothing less than a god gift.
fabrizoc

Activity: 386

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:30:27 AM

If you get loss on trading, you wont really care about it because there is a proverb "If You don't lose something, you won't win something" ,it means no pain and no gain. So, I always keep patience on losing.
Losses and mistakes are always a big part of learning and if everything just keeps going smooth, you may lose your mind if one day you experience loss and without the experience you may panic. Losses are normal, just see it as a way to fix the next trade better and show the market who is the boss eventually.

desmodiAN

Activity: 164
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:31:16 AM

>>I think you should always look to fundamentals of the coin that you invest.
>>If the fundamentals are good then the coin will bounce back for sure.
can anyone define what a fundamental in a virtual good is?
user base? trade volume at exchanges? future development of teams? rdy to use?

just invest after the price came down at least 7%. then invest 50% wait 3 days invest 50% and hold...
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:13:58 PM

If I encounter it I might sell loss, if some altcoin drops too fast instead of continuing to hold, I can sell the hole to reduce the loss.

That's why i don't deal that much with the newer untested altcoins yet. You won't know if it's going to bounce back or not compared to trusted regulars like btc and etherium. I seldom end up in losses now because with these coins i'm trading with, all you need is patience.
Some of the new altcoins are actually the hardest to purchase immediately as most of them gets pumped in the market immediately and gets dumped afterwards within few days. However, it depends on the project and the support you really have for it probably if you want to keep for the long term, but for a regular trader, there are just some altcoins, you want to stay away from.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:16:02 PM

don't cut your loss just hold until the price goes up bubble again but if you're afraid that you could lose a chance you can sell your bitcoin when the price decrease again it depends on the person . I'm the type of person who can wait till bitcoin price goes up but this time I already sell my btc from $5700 since i bought it at $5300. I'm just gonna wait till the price drop again and then buy bitcoin again.
It really depends on the style of everyone and how they are trading. Tell a daytrader not to cut loss at a certain percentage of losses and they will tell you to go screw yourself. There aint no time for them, once they see the market not working to their favour even if it eventually climbs up, there is just so much they can bear before they move to another market to get it back. However, for a long term trader like you, it is easy knowing that most of these coins will get pumped back and you are willing to wait for that long. That is always the difference.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:21:05 PM

If I encounter it I might sell loss, if some altcoin drops too fast instead of continuing to hold, I can sell the hole to reduce the loss.

That's why i don't deal that much with the newer untested altcoins yet. You won't know if it's going to bounce back or not compared to trusted regulars like btc and etherium. I seldom end up in losses now because with these coins i'm trading with, all you need is patience.
Some of the new altcoins are actually the hardest to purchase immediately as most of them gets pumped in the market immediately and gets dumped afterwards within few days. However, it depends on the project and the support you really have for it probably if you want to keep for the long term, but for a regular trader, there are just some altcoins, you want to stay away from.
better to stay with those coins that have a big potentials and never to get engaged with pnd coins, there's already a lots of proven alts which have
a big value in the future so while bitcoin are really rallying up better to buy those old and quality coins and forget about your loses and start thinking
of a better future as you can't get it back if you wont act fast.
corroze

Activity: 602
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:28:06 PM

I think if the loss is caused by a decrease in the price of bitcoin or altcoin it would be better to hold it for a long time as a long-term investment, and wait for the price to increase again and if the price has already reached the planned profit limit it might be better to sell it .
bitfornewbs

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:14:43 PM

How to deal with loss? Well, I would say that once u loses someone or anything it will never come back unless there’s a miracle. The most common emotion when dealing with loss is anger. Those feelings are most likely to spill over into aggressive behaviour such as lashing out. Instead of dealing with them, why not focus to your present and future, move forward and be stress free because the sooner we can accept and embrace that there is no quick recovery from a sudden financial loss, the more likely we are to actually recover from the loss and move on.
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:19:38 PM

I don't see a bought coin that falls in price as loss.
For me it's loss when I sell it at a lower rate than I initially bought it for.
But that's why I hold coins when the price falls, chances are big the price will recover if it's a good coin.
So don't invest in coins that you don't know, buy the ones you researched to protect yourself for loss.
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:12:57 PM

No problem man, Sometimes you will lose your money by that way. For me, what you can learn after is more important. If you lose your money, don't look back. Let learn from your mistakes, you will succeed in the future.  Grin
Yes the value of the bitcoin is increasing more and more so to be the part of the bitcoin you will have to be prepare for the loss as well, I like the bitcoin for the increasing price and the income of the bitcoin will be more than this if you will invest in the bitcoin for the long time, it is the best time to hold the coin and not to sell at the ;low price, I am saving the bitcoin for the long time till I will be sure my income is going to get the profit.
pureclckr

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:46:32 PM

>>I think you should always look to fundamentals of the coin that you invest.
>>If the fundamentals are good then the coin will bounce back for sure.
can anyone define what a fundamental in a virtual good is?
user base? trade volume at exchanges? future development of teams? rdy to use?

just invest after the price came down at least 7%. then invest 50% wait 3 days invest 50% and hold...
This is really a very good approach but you never know when you are going to suffer a loss. It is because of the reason that in business, there comes such kind of situations when you suffer a loss. In that case, you need to remain confident and never lose hope. You need to look out for the ways with which you can make more money. Learn from your past mistakes and keep on working hard for getting back what all you lost.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: