Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 01:15:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with loss?  (Read 52261 times)
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:28:53 AM

Last week is not a good week in my trading job. I got some loss instead of profit. I just take it in a positive way by convincing myself that i can earn it soon. It makes me realize that in trading, you should not put all your money in one place for it will be too risky in the part of the investor.

I will not do it again even if i find it profitable for i could be wrong with my decision.
I am pretty sure that last week was tough for so many people, including me. It was an unexpected one and so pretty fast, so many people did not see it coming, most especially long term holder category of trading. Every type of trading comes with their own risk and that is one thing with long term holding.

Moreover, it all still balls down to the kind of coin being held, some will still come back up, while some will stay for so long before they experience boost to where they fell from. Finding a plan to benefit from the fall is what then becomes important.
Vendetta666

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:32:38 AM

Of course, always is a serious matter because it involves money. And if we are losing hope we have done something wrong that we do not know. So, in the face of my discomfort is the improvement of my knowledge.
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:41:44 AM

Of course, always is a serious matter because it involves money. And if we are losing hope we have done something wrong that we do not know. So, in the face of my discomfort is the improvement of my knowledge.
nice make over mate, learning from your experience will give you a lots of encouragements to move forward, you should not stuck from your previous mistake
and take it seriously as there's no tomorrow always be positive and make sure that you will cope up and bounce back much stronger than before.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
quarkyplum

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:35:53 AM

Well you really have to experience losses for you to succeed on your trading, personally i treat losses as a good experience that i can use for my trading skill. Trading with bitcoin will surely give you higher profit but of course you still have to be more careful when you are trading. Always trade with a plan so you will surely maximize your profit.
That is true , so you will learn something good from it right?
Experience hold a key role too here in trading , the more often you do trading the more experience you will earn.
And during the proccess you will know every situation such as when you get a loss , you have to be calm down and be patient to recover it all .

I am fortunate not to experience fatal losses, I spend more time trying demo trading and understand the theory more before doing real trading. If I suffer a loss, it is still within a reasonable nominal so the burden of recovery is not too heavy and can be finished in one day.
Loss in trading is normal therefore it's necessary not to risk a big amount when you are not yet an experience trading, you made mistakes and you have to look at it as a positive thing that would help you to learn, if you feel upset that would be the end of your journey. Trading is better than gambling because there are a lot of people who were successful in trading but it's not easy as we think, they work hard to have that success.
And before that success, those people also losed a lot of money to pay the "fee" of the market. Nothing is free and of course, if you want to receive the experience, you need to spend your money and even your health for the market.
arthotdog

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:50:26 AM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

for me its your prerogative to wait till it bounced back or sell it right away,but why need to sell if the price is more lower  than you invested?so better keep and let them on ur pocket coz we dont know what the tradings future,and make it a experience to kearn that next time we must be carefully understand in where and when to treade
Japinat

Activity: 2996
Merit: 681

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:04:40 AM

nice make over mate, learning from your experience will give you a lots of encouragements to move forward, you should not stuck from your previous mistake
and take it seriously as there's no tomorrow always be positive and make sure that you will cope up and bounce back much stronger than before.
We decide to trade because we believe it's possible we can make profit, therefore we have to be stronger to deal with our loses, always accept your loses and learn form it so over time your strategy will improve. Once you are already consistent, you are gonna make more money as you will be more aggressive.
Always put in mind that a long term success is better than an overnight success because with long term it will make you more mature in trading and that will help you to survive.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
bubble pop

Activity: 265

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:05:43 AM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

Nothing, it is just a bad day for me if that happens. Whenever I loss in this like I loss money or I get a lower profit on my trading, I dont take it seriously and I took it as a lesson. So I will be ready for the next time it will happen to me, I know what is the right thing to do to not happen it anymore. Because if we let our emotions involved in this business we might get crazy in this, it is a risky job so we need to act professional. Being angry and depression cannot help us be a better trader we need to manage our emotions and always keep calm and be optimistic on every thingbeing pessimistic will not help gaining profits
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:51:03 AM

I feel you. I actually have loss in my investments in other cryptocurrenies. I just hold it for now and hoping that it will be bounce back to a higher price but it looks like nothing happens. For now, since it is loss, you better to hold it for now. I know that this will take too long. Right now, that is paper loss but when you withdraw it, sad to say, that is actual loss. So better to hold and wait until the price gets high.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:53:41 AM

When I lose, I'm okey.

I just learn what I have done wrong and I improve.

Furthermore, I only invest what I can afford to lose, so I really don't need the money.
Approach to trade like this always help to learn pretty fast. Even pro traders predict wrongly sometimes and they already know what to do to reduce the risk of losing so much if it happens.

On every trade, there is always something to learn, there is always new approach that comes to mind and it is left for you to see losses as a stepping stone to a better trading in the future or as a disastrous stone to your trading activities.
noel2123

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:12:37 PM

I always have this long term mindsent , I always put in my mind that losing today will not guarantee that I couls also lose tomorrow , when I see a lot of red on my portfolio I will always have this thinking that It was just temporary and will regain it's value some more time in the future , I just Hold my coin and sell it when I am already gather some profit ! I will NEVER sell as long as I see red on my portfolio and that was the art of self discipline
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 01:20:06 PM

This kind of loss would be lessen or somehow eliminate by setting a goal, diversifying your investment and making sure the money you would invest is not the money you would need for daily needs. I strongly suggest the last one because it causes emotional impact if your investment goes down and it is not good because it only leads to greater losses and regrets.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
Fadilis

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:27:42 PM

just smile when you lose, you'll feel better.

i lose many trade all what i do is shutting my computer, keep away from trading a while,

or i keep waiting for the market until he's health's back then i sell and i start again.

or if i buy an alt and i see it's dropping down i activate my stop loss option.

Good luck in next time.  Wink
Loopper

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:30:42 PM

i lose many trade all what i do is shutting my computer, keep away from trading a while,

or i keep waiting for the market until he's health's back then i sell and i start again.

To relieve sadness that's how to smile in sadness and calming for a moment about the harm Cheesy
Fadilis

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:39:51 PM

To relieve sadness that's how to smile in sadness and calming for a moment about the harm Cheesy

yeah you're right,
the market doesn't deserve our madness, just take trade when feel calm, and when you can takes a wise decisions.
sparveenat

Activity: 210

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:43:21 PM

I faced the loss when I was doing trading it is happened my mistake as I didn't get time to watch it closely and it crashed down. That moment I am not able to control my sorrow and not able to eat food for 2 days properly just thinking about loss only for a week then I control myself and start concentrating in my job this is what I did.

One thing is till date I didn't repeat the mistake again.

catapult

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:52:54 PM

The fluctuations of the cryptocurrencies, especially the altcoins' are not scaring me anymore, because I have already accepted that, this currencies are so volatile. to be calm in the face of losses, you have to be aware of this. After of that, the most important things are patience and luck for me.
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:57:22 PM

I would limit my thinking when I'm losing money and I would go out or hang out with my friends as this will help me to be more comfortable and able to reduce stress in my work. Once calm I will try to return to trading with a better spirit

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
raliyat

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:10:26 PM

Most of the loss happened due to the lack of concentration in my life due to sailing in two boats like job and trading it was very difficult to handle both together and I stopped trading after loosing and keep my self focused in job to come out from the loss wound. It is very hard for me to forget the loss I faced but no option left then to forget.
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:40:10 PM

Just get over it! Another way to avoid loss is to set a stop loss and this way you wouldn't have to worry too much.
rfouziha

Activity: 160
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:10:08 PM

I just have fasting when ever I have loss because when you have loses do don't feel to eat or sleep so its better to fast and focus on the other jobs to divert myself from the lose issue.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: