Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:13:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with loss?  (Read 52264 times)
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:04:28 PM

You always have to be prepared for losses, if you are some time in the game you will experience losses and profits and have to deal with both of them, losing is part of the game and therefore the term hodl is a good one, I have made some losses but my biggest losses I have always earned back, if I invest in a coin that eventually falls I will keep it in my wallet till it hits my buy price or higher and then I sell them, if you keep doing thisnstrategy I am convinced you will not lose much or even not lose anything, most of the coins will reach their prices and get an all time high most of the time, you need to befriend patience on cryptocurrencies.

goaldigger

Activity: 2394
Merit: 357

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:53:38 PM

Actually, you will not experiencing loss if you will not sell it on a lower price. If u invest it then and sell it now, even it drops real low, youre already earned. But if you are really loss , maybe try investing on stock market or something.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:41:15 AM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

I deal with my loss with just working so hard so that I can make money in change to my loss by that I will feel encouraged and not feel so much regret to ny loss.I am just looking forward an let go the tibgs on th past.
That's good. Don't take it too serious, money can still earn and we can still move forward after losing. If we take our loss too serious for sure we will not going to recover because we are still thinking on that loses which is not good. Moving forward is the best way to do and make other things to earn again with the change to our loss.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:56:38 AM

The best thing to do when you experience loss is move on. Just keep moving forward because no matter what you do, you can't recover what you had already lost. And divide your investments in various coins so if you lost in  one of your coin, you can still get it back or more than that with you other altcoins.
Yeah moving on is the best thing to do but of course one should not forget to learn from the past mistake so that if you will make another trade you will be successful and you can minimize your loss.
One thing must happen. Either you move on, or the market moves on. However, the market always move on, so it is best for you to move on along with the market. See how you can plan your next trade and hit it back rather than sobbing for a loss and probably quitting. Losses are inevitable in trading. The extend of the loss depends on you, how huge you want to take risk and the coin you are holding.

Some coins with the kind of dip experienced recently will take months to even recover from the stage they started from and that is shit while some with potentials will rise back up fast. This is why it is important to know the coin you are holding and not just opt for any coin anyhow.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:51:42 AM

the idea is not to put all your eggs in one basket. Invest in Bitcoin, watch for good ICOs (like ankorus) and there are other cryptos to invest.

Precisely, because if you are just a newbie in the Trading world, then it is better if you are going to start on a little amount of money that you are going to use as a capital on Trading, so that if you lose it, then you could easily move on and think for another way to earn bitcoin and learn from your mistake.
The worst mistake any newbie in trading will make is to go huge into the market. No matter how fast you have learn, no matter the strategies you think you have, practical experience still always help. Going in with little and practicing for a while will give you the confidence to make good decisions when you go in huge. A little bit of experience always matter a lot and losing is part of it.
MIV.matteo

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:29:48 PM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

When I decide to invest in one coin I always check the fundamentals first. I check if there are some release or upcoming news. I always invest in coin in which i trust so if it drops for any reason I definitely hodl and wait or, more probably, I buy more at dip. There were situations in which i had to sell in lost for some specific reason but they are some particular moment and, thinking back now, it was always a bad choice.

SushiMonster

Activity: 306
Merit: 107

I'm going to eat your cookies

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:35:52 PM

Well I guess I just have to face it and let this be a lesson learned for me.
Perhaps I should try to trade again with another altcoin and hope to bring back my losses.
I should study more the history and background of an altcoin, I have this kind of mentality that I usually buy the lowest and the market and just take a huge risk.
novaprime

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

UniDApp - it's DeFi time!

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:15:12 PM

I think the best way is to travel a while and you must have a good psychology before returning to the trading, this will help you have a better spirit and you will be easy to earn good profit and I always apply this and have made a lot of profit

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
cipher-x_09

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:35:18 PM

You'll just have to move on get one with another investment the thing about trading it's not always gonna be again you should also be prepared for the worst case scenario in case you failed you need to have a contingency or backup plan. The better the backup plan the more you can move on and sustain and get back and what you lost on

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:15:05 PM

There is no loss when you hold. You can have loss if you sold your coin in loss. Just always remember, BUY HIGH SELL LOW.
There you go, with even a losing propositions - we instead have to buy low, so that when we sell high, profit can be made and you can still lose everything or portion of it when you hodl as the value of your coin may drop drastically after you have bought! I have suggested earlier on that averaging is a more effective way for managing volatility.
yrreg ger

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:32:09 PM

I will see the potential of the coin, if I feel sure the coin has the potential, better I wait for the price bounces rather than cut lose, but if the price is difficult to increase in a long time, it's better I sell it and move to another coin who have great potential to recover my losses.

- Yeah, keep calm, analyze and look at the potential of the coin, this is what we need to do to determine the method of dealing with loss, however, I see many people never do that, most of them panicked and immediately cut losses, they can not overcome the fear of losing. If we do not have the calm and do not analyze the problem, we will make the wrong decision and we will regret when prices rise again. Trading is a psychological game, if our psychology fluctuates, failure will find us, loss is only part of the game, we should get used to it, do not let it make us panic
No one can run from failure forever. If not today then tomorrow we are going to bump into it. I think we must not fear it. Whenever we feel nervous about any matter, standing up and eating that nerve will clear out that problem. Once there is no fear, then developing patience would become easier.

Every wrong move is done in the some sort of emotional state and that is why calmness is nothing less than a god gift.
That's true, we can't avoid to make a mistakes it's part of successful. Those failures/mistakes will be the lesson and to know what will do next. Mistakes/failures is in the beginning, we become expert and professional with the help of mistakes/failures. Maybe it is not easy to accept that we make a mistakes but the truth is we need this to know the right.
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 606

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:36:05 AM

I think the best way is to travel a while and you must have a good psychology before returning to the trading, this will help you have a better spirit and you will be easy to earn good profit and I always apply this and have made a lot of profit
We have different ways in dealing with our loss but what is necessary only is to learn from our mistakes and make sure we will not do the same mistake again. That's why we are trading because we want to be profitable in trading but success does not come easily, when we are newbie we are prone to mistakes but with our willingness to improve we can be successful in the long run.

Oo ako to

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:50:39 AM

We have different ways in dealing with our loss but what is necessary only is to learn from our mistakes and make sure we will not do the same mistake again. That's why we are trading because we want to be profitable in trading but success does not come easily, when we are newbie we are prone to mistakes but with our willingness to improve we can be successful in the long run.

Right. We might loss some of our investment but we should remember that we gain also something and that is the lesson we have learned. You'll end getting smarter and smarter when you invest means more profit with less losses.
MRY

Activity: 546
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 07:20:45 AM

before trading should understand the risks and I think, do not put it all for trading, you have to have a backup in case of unwanted things but if I suffer losses with falling prices then I will not sell it I will continue to wait because at some time the price will rise again

ahiaba.john@yahoo.com

Activity: 365
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:54:19 PM

It is always advisable to go into business by taking minimum risk. Since you have notice a fall in price already and the possibility of revamping within short period is not setting, it is advisable you sell all the alt in your possession to disallowed further fall in price of bitcoin which will greatly affect you. Just bear with any lost already incurred but sell all to avoid total lost.

Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:18:06 PM

My answer depends on time (to consider value of money vis a vis current time) and the circumstances that come with it. Like for instance, when the loss made you hit rock bottom or when it only decreased some value to your money. Under both circumstances, they are both losses. However, the other differs from the other substantially in amount. So even if we say they are both losses, they cannot be equated.

So to answer your question, I would wait and hold my Bitcoins if the loss is not that substantial. But if it is substantial, I would consider making money from different sources of income and get back by buying Bitcoins at a discount (should there be one).   
Oilacris

Activity: 3052
Merit: 616

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:31:03 PM

Right. We might loss some of our investment but we should remember that we gain also something and that is the lesson we have learned. You'll end getting smarter and smarter when you invest means more profit with less losses.
This is why we should really treat those loses are just fees you paid for the lesson you would learn.This is on how i do treat my loses so that i wont stress out too much on losing money.Acceptance on your loss is the best part on here because this things will really mold you to be a better trader later on.Ive seen some people do easily give up when they did commit lose of funds.
Huan Pres

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:19:37 PM

Three words  Grin

HOLD  Kiss Kiss Kiss
HOLD  Kiss Kiss Kiss
HOLD  Kiss Kiss Kiss
eduinvestor

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 09:08:35 PM

When I lose, I'm okey.

I just learn what I have done wrong and I improve.

Furthermore, I only invest what I can afford to lose, so I really don't need the money.

Building a business has never been so easy
Moon Funding : Crowdfunding & Development

Telegram And Whitepaper                               
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:38:32 PM

How to deal with loss? Well, I would say that once u loses someone or anything it will never come back unless there’s a miracle. The most common emotion when dealing with loss is anger. Those feelings are most likely to spill over into aggressive behaviour such as lashing out. Instead of dealing with them, why not focus to your present and future, move forward and be stress free because the sooner we can accept and embrace that there is no quick recovery from a sudden financial loss, the more likely we are to actually recover from the loss and move on.
Dear mate firstly you need to understand that whenever we talk about loses in this forum it simply mean that we are talking about the loss in trading of cryptocurrency. It doesn’t really mean that someone discussing loses here will be talking of losing a partner i.e. a girlfriend or a boyfriend or anything else than crypto trading.
The only way to deal loses is to be patient and learn from your past experience, to identify the point where it became a reason for you to lose in a specific time. It is a common factor of the traders where they get emotional in a time when they don’t realize the tendency towards the trading activities.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: