Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:42:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417954 times)
cryptotime101

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:10:01 PM

Gents,

Thanks for excellent work. This distro looks very promising. I am trying to migrate my rig from Windows to nvOC and I have couple of questions in this regard. Below is my rig's configuration.

7xGTX 1080 (GIGABYTE) (Suppose to work with nvOC)
1xRX580 (XFX) (Will I be able to make RX580 work along with my nVidia cards?)
ASRock H110 BTC+
2x PSUs = Cougar 1200w and Corsair 850w
Monitor: HP Envision 17"

I am using a DVI-D to VGA converter to connect monitor with GTX 1080 card.

Challenge 1: I tried several versions and community builds but none works and Rig keeps rebooting after giving X Org error. It states my monitor is connected with onboard VGA which is not the case I am connecting the monitor with GTX 1080 and right now that is the only external card connected with my Rig. I tried different settings in BIOS but nothing works and nvOC keeps rebooting. Could someone help me out here. I downloaded "nvOC 19-2.0" and prepared the USB with it but I am still facing this XOrg issue and rig reboots, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Challenge 2: I want to use SSD instead of a USB drive. Could someone guide me on that. I tried burning the image on SSD and booting with it but rig goes into reboot loop because of XOrg and miner never launches.

Thanks all.

Cant you connect directly with HDMI?
Hi Papampi,

I can't use HDMI as my monitor is an old VGA monitor and I have a DVI-D to VGA converter which I am using. Do you think an HDMI to VGA converter will solve this problem? Not sure if I can procure one right away.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tigel

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:13:20 PM

did I get it correct?
Your rig works with 19-1.4?
But not after update to 19-2.0?

Sorry, I messed up the versions, I am running 19-2.0, I will try the change mentioned above.

--
Tigel
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 06:14:47 PM

Gents,

Thanks for excellent work. This distro looks very promising. I am trying to migrate my rig from Windows to nvOC and I have couple of questions in this regard. Below is my rig's configuration.

ASRock H110 BTC+

Challenge 1: I tried several versions and community builds but none works and Rig keeps rebooting after giving X Org error. It states my monitor is connected with onboard VGA which is not the case I am connecting the monitor with GTX 1080 and right now that is the only external card connected with my Rig. I tried different settings in BIOS but nothing works and nvOC keeps rebooting. Could someone help me out here. I downloaded "nvOC 19-2.0" and prepared the USB with it but I am still facing this XOrg issue and rig reboots, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Challenge 2: I want to use SSD instead of a USB drive. Could someone guide me on that. I tried burning the image on SSD and booting with it but rig goes into reboot loop because of XOrg and miner never launches.

Thanks all.

Hi Papampi,

I can't use HDMI as my monitor is an old VGA monitor and I have a DVI-D to VGA converter which I am using. Do you think an HDMI to VGA converter will solve this problem? Not sure if I can procure one right away.

Cant say for sure you should try and see how it goes
May be other users has more experience with these converters...

Tigel

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:37:02 PM

Two of my rigs seem to make the whole network unoperational. unplugging the rig from network and rebooting seems to solve this.
I tried to search for this but didn't find anything even though I recall it has been discussed previously.

Seems to happen with both updated and image version of v0019-1.4.
What might cause this?

--
Tigel

Its a known ubuntu problem, try to image with 19-1.4
then update with 19-2.0 update script and change this line in the update script :

Code:
sudo -- sh -c 'apt update; apt upgrade -y; apt autoremove -y; apt autoclean -y; sudo apt install -y moreutils gawk'

to:
Code:
#sudo -- sh -c 'apt update; apt upgrade -y; apt autoremove -y; apt autoclean -y; sudo apt install -y moreutils gawk'
 sudo apt install -y moreutils gawk

Edit:
did I get it correct?

Ok, now I feel stupid, I could not find the line mentioned in the update script found from github nor from the 4update script on m1 home directory.. Sad
You mention it's Ubuntu issue, so in some system directory ?

--
Tigel
leenoox

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:37:35 PM

Gents,

ASRock H110 BTC+

Thanks all.

Hi Papampi,

Unplug RX580, amd cards are not supported with nvOC. In bios disable the on-board video (iGPU). Connect the monitor to GPU0 - the card that is connected to x16 PCIe slot (the long one) and give it a try.

cryptotime101

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:51:21 PM

Gents,

ASRock H110 BTC+

Thanks all.

Hi Papampi,

Unplug RX580, amd cards are not supported with nvOC. In bios disable the on-board video (iGPU). Connect the monitor to GPU0 - the card that is connected to x16 PCIe slot (the long one) and give it a try.
Hi leenoox,

RX580 is unplugged, the only plugged card is GTX 1080. The 1080 is connected with the first slot next to CPU/Fan. I will move the connection to the long slot. I will try to disable the internal GPU tonight and will update.

On the other hand please share your thoughts on configuring the system in headless mode, for example, enable Teamviewer in 1Bash, login into the system remotely using SSH and configure teamviewer via command line and login to system via teamviewer and get the GUI and run the miner and never connect the system to an external monitor. . Is that supported with nvOC?
papampi

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 07:37:44 PM

Two of my rigs seem to make the whole network unoperational. unplugging the rig from network and rebooting seems to solve this.
I tried to search for this but didn't find anything even though I recall it has been discussed previously.

Seems to happen with both updated and image version of v0019-1.4.
What might cause this?

--
Tigel

Its a known ubuntu problem, try to image with 19-1.4
then update with 19-2.0 update script and change this line in the update script :

Code:
sudo -- sh -c 'apt update; apt upgrade -y; apt autoremove -y; apt autoclean -y; sudo apt install -y moreutils gawk'

to:
Code:
#sudo -- sh -c 'apt update; apt upgrade -y; apt autoremove -y; apt autoclean -y; sudo apt install -y moreutils gawk'
 sudo apt install -y moreutils gawk

Edit:
did I get it correct?

Ok, now I feel stupid, I could not find the line mentioned in the update script found from github nor from the 4update script on m1 home directory.. Sad
You mention it's Ubuntu issue, so in some system directory ?

--
Tigel

I just disabled system updates in update script
Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads
wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyo86xoqotplges/nvOC-19-2-update
bash /home/m1/Downloads/nvOC-19-2-update

bobers

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:40:08 PM

How to change -dcri in dual mining?  +/- doesn't work for me in 19_2.0
papampi

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 07:40:22 PM

Gents,

ASRock H110 BTC+

Thanks all.

Hi Papampi,

Hi leenoox,

RX580 is unplugged, the only plugged card is GTX 1080. The 1080 is connected with the first slot next to CPU/Fan. I will move the connection to the long slot. I will try to disable the internal GPU tonight and will update.

On the other hand please share your thoughts on configuring the system in headless mode, for example, enable Teamviewer in 1Bash, login into the system remotely using SSH and configure teamviewer via command line and login to system via teamviewer and get the GUI and run the miner and never connect the system to an external monitor. . Is that supported with nvOC?

The 16x slot is the main slot for picture, always use that for monitor connection
You can even try to connect it directly without riser

papampi

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 07:43:05 PM

I think you should open miner in screen mode
in a guake terminal run :

Code:
screen -r miner

Dont close it with ctrl+c, that will terminate the miner,

to close use
Code:
ctrl+a+d

martyroz

Activity: 325
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:13:28 PM

How hard would it be to add additional nicehash algos to nvOC? Say Lyra2REv2
bobers

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:38:58 PM

I think you should open miner in screen mode
in a guake terminal run :

Code:
screen -r miner

Dont close it with ctrl+c, that will terminate the miner,

to close use
Code:
ctrl+a+d

It works, thank you. But why "-dcri 40" does not work in 1bash file for ETH+SC. Doesnt matter what dcri ill set up in 1bash,it always will be 30
leenoox

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:51:51 PM

Claymore's Dual Ethereum released version 10.3

ETH hit all time high at 997 USD Smiley

Papampi, can you update the update script to pull the new Claymore miner

CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:53:45 PM

How hard would it be to add additional nicehash algos to nvOC? Say Lyra2REv2

It depends on what you want. Do you want to mine 100% of the time on nicehash or alternatively mine the other most profitable cryptocurrency.

If you want to mine only on nicehash, then there is the possibility of using the scott alfter script (SALFTER_NICEHASH_PROFIT_SWITCHING). Otherwise, you can use "PAPAMPI WTM_AUTO_SWITCH" and add what is explained in my previous post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg27183130#msg27183130
papampi

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 10:06:51 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 10:45:18 PM by papampi

Sure will make changes for both claymore and dstm soon and post when done.

damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:22:50 PM

Sure will make changes for both claymore and dstm when I get home and post when done.

Glad to know those latest versions released, once pap have the script I will add that in the discord channel.

Hopefully I will continue my support here and at our discord channel like before, continue the dev work too.

I would also like to recall any people interested in joining our official discord channel, people interested in joining the dev/support team are also welcome here

https://discord.gg/8YDFEvY

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
papampi

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 10:57:22 PM

Sure will make changes for both claymore and dstm when I get home and post when done.

Glad to know those latest versions released, once pap have the script I will add that in the discord channel.

Hopefully I will continue my support here and at our discord channel like before, continue the dev work too.

I would also like to recall any people interested in joining our official discord channel, people interested in joining the dev/support team are also welcome here

https://discord.gg/8YDFEvY

Glad to seer you find time for the forum Wink

There is no Claymore 10.3 for linux yet, but updated the 19-2.0 update script for dstm 0.5.8

Either run full update script or this one to update dstm to 0.5.8:

Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads
wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/ojskj0beg6kbsvz/zm_5.8.sh
bash /home/m1/Downloads/zm_5.8.sh

v10.3:

- added support for Adrenalin drivers (GPU sorting, fan/temperature/clocks management).
- fixed issue with possible GPU crash during miner shutdown.
- now miner shows PCI bus number for every GPU.
- a few minor improvements.
- EthMan: some bug fixes and minor improvements.

PS. Linux version will be available in a few days.

CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:08:19 PM

Glad to seer you find time for the forum Wink

There is no Claymore 10.3 for linux yet, but updated the 19-2.0 update script for dstm 0.5.8

Either run full update script or this one to update dstm to 0.5.8:

Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads
wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/ojskj0beg6kbsvz/zm_5.8.sh
bash /home/m1/Downloads/zm_5.8.sh

v10.3:

- added support for Adrenalin drivers (GPU sorting, fan/temperature/clocks management).
- fixed issue with possible GPU crash during miner shutdown.
- a few minor improvements.
- EthMan: some bug fixes and minor improvements.

PS. Linux version will be available in a few days.

Well, would the claymore developer be inspired by GPU mapping nvOC scripts ??
WaveFront

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:18:29 AM

Hello,
I built a very crude SRR circuitry for a Raspberry Pi to remotely reset a rig or switch it on/off (The raspberry Pi basically controls an optocoupler connected to the reset and poweron pins of the mobo).
For the moment the Raspberry Pi just detect if port 22 is open on the rig. If not, it assumes that the rig is not reachable by SSH and reset the rig.

I see that there is an SRR scrips on nvOC, that looks much more sophisticated than what I am doing. Unfortunately there is no mention of the watchdog software to run on the Raspberry Pi.
Anyone can give me a pointer to the software to run on the Raspberry Pi.

Cheers
Tigel

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:37:26 AM

abled system updates in update script
Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads
wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyo86xoqotplges/nvOC-19-2-update
bash /home/m1/Downloads/nvOC-19-2-update

Great, thanks!

--
Tigel
Pages: « 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: