Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:21:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or Sell  (Read 72355 times)
ChronoLite

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

www.guestcrew.com

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:25:18 AM

In trading how do you know if it is time to still hold or is it the right time to sell? Do you go buy your profit margin  or actually wait for the highest possible peak?
I go to the former, like the price pass X% from my investment I would just sell it and buy again when the price is down again . This strategy has a cons, where the price keep going up and can't reach your buy order but at least you have earn the profit.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓     
            ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
        ▓██▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
      ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓ 
    ▓█▓▓█▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓
  ░█▓▓▓░      ░░░░░▓▓▓▓█▓░░░▓▓▓▓█░
  █▓▓▓▓      ██████▓▓█▓     ░▓ ░█▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓    ░███░    ▓█▓     ▓█░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓█▓▓▓█░    ░░▓░    ▓▓     ██▓ ▓█▓▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓▓▓░      ░  ░▓    ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓  ░█▓▓█▓ ░▓▓▓█░
    ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░  ░▓▓░ ░▓▓▓█▓
      ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░░░░▓█▓▓█▓ 
        ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓██▓ 
           ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓   
             ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       
                  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
GuestCrew||||||ICO Now!
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:36:39 AM

How can you possibly know where "the highest possible peak" is?  There's no way anyone knows that, and it's a fundamental fact of trading.   If you knew, everyone else would,  too, and that peak would cease to exist.

My suggestion is to hold and sell if you make enough of a profit such that you're comfortable.   No shame in taking your chips off the table at some point.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 04:26:22 AM

Waiting for some point and then sell is not my method, usually I do trading based on chart, if the chart is not good then I won't do any trading, there are no certain way to know the peak price, I just used my intuition and the chart to decide whether to sell or to hold

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 06:20:06 AM

Waiting for some point and then sell is not my method, usually I do trading based on chart, if the chart is not good then I won't do any trading, there are no certain way to know the peak price, I just used my intuition and the chart to decide whether to sell or to hold

I too don't prefer on trading based on my intuitions, that will become gambling rather than planned trading. It's better if you keep your margins straight and fixed because no one can predict the peak point or the dump point.
Trading will be trading until you become greedy and stupid, if you have luck then you may win for sometime but loosing will be inevitable if you always play with your luck.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 06:41:35 AM

In trading how do you know if it is time to still hold or is it the right time to sell? Do you go buy your profit margin  or actually wait for the highest possible peak?
For example if you're earning like 10% of your investment, would you just sell or would you be interested in waiting and seeing if it goes more up so you could earn more, in doing that its possible that it may go down and you then earn like 5-8%
But what is your process in this? How do you go about hold and sell timings?
the fact that you will never know what will be the price in the next day or weeks or months.. you should set your own margin 10% to 25% set margin every time increase in 10% you need to sell partial of your investment..  so that you can get the profit every time the price is increase. if the price is not increase and it getting low you need to buy to depends in what margin you set..
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 06:43:19 AM

In trading how do you know if it is time to still hold or is it the right time to sell? Do you go buy your profit margin  or actually wait for the highest possible peak?
For example if you're earning like 10% of your investment, would you just sell or would you be interested in waiting and seeing if it goes more up so you could earn more, in doing that its possible that it may go down and you then earn like 5-8%
When i'm trading bitcoin and i reach or earns like 10% of my investment. I just hold and continue in waiting for the price to climb up even more because i already learned the lesson because i don't want to regret for selling early so i just wait for the price and wait for my earnings to reach at least 30% and i start unloading my bitcoins by selling it.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 07:08:50 AM

It depends on your coin, if it is a good coin, then keep it. One time it will double its value. If you are holding a newly hatch with low level coin, dont hestitate to sell it or you will end up lose in trade.
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:18:05 AM

Tell you what, trading is a negative sum game.

You are playing against other players, aka traders, but also you are losing a porportion of your coins towards trading/brokerage fees that the exchange charges, not accounting the information you have is likely to be way less than the big whales in the scene.

So it is almost impossible to predict where it's going to peak.

Remember, never get caught in the hype. The peak price means that someone made a very wise decision to sell, as well as someone making a really dumb decision to buy at the peak. It's both ways.
fanita

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 08:49:21 AM

I wrote it resistant not need and also the price is not clear. Grin Grin

jeraldskie11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 356

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 12:38:34 AM

You know, in trading you must wait for a right time to sell an altcoins to gain a profit. If you saw that you will be lose some money if you continue to do selling it. So if you have some altcoins now just hold it and if you see that you gain some profits now then go. You can also wait the possibility to highest peak.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:54:14 AM

You know, in trading you must wait for a right time to sell an altcoins to gain a profit. If you saw that you will be lose some money if you continue to do selling it. So if you have some altcoins now just hold it and if you see that you gain some profits now then go. You can also wait the possibility to highest peak.
I don't agree for waiting to the possible highest peak because that is what most of the traders get loss from the game is because they keep on waiting for the right time sell even if the price is already high. I think making a specific target price is a must for all traders to be able to minimize the possible greediness in trading.
Qartada

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 06:48:49 AM

Cryptocurrency doesn't act like that - it's inherently unstable.  If you're in an altcoin, it could drop in a second before you know it, or it could fly to the sky and earn you thousands.  Sometimes it's even just unclear how the altcoin is performing until it's too late.

Your only hope is to sell when it's part of the way up.  If you trust your altcoin not to die forever, you can buy it right as soon as you see a dump and sell it right as soon as you see a pump and it goes significantly over where you bought it.  If you're good at altcoins you'll be able to find a coin with potential and buy just before it begins getting hyped (some people predicted Decred early and made several hundred per cent on it).

If you're dealing with Bitcoin, the best way is to analyse what other people are saying about it, because Bitcoin as well as altcoins is at least partially not based on smart people who can deal with the way that whales manipulate coins.  If everyone is saying that Bitcoin is terrible, it's dying or anything like that, you should buy (as long as you see the charts and notice that they've fell recently as well).  If everyone is saying that Bitcoin is great and it's going to take over the world, you should sell (as long as you see the charts and noticed that they've rose recently as well).  You should go for the opposite of whatever hyperbolic people think because they just act on very recent trends and they're always the people that lose to pump and dumps as well.

susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 07:59:26 AM

If you are a long term holder then you dont have to see the price as price will always fluctuate it, but if you are a day trader the best option you can do is do trading bitcoin with altcoin as some altcoin goes down as soon as  bitcoin price jumps, but only some new altcoin which are worthy also goes up. my term of trading is on boom start to sell bitcoins and when it start to dump start buying slowly.
SONG GEET

Activity: 700

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 08:13:28 AM

It completely depends upon which alt i am trading. If those Alts are bought during ICO or before pump than i will wait till price reach at some peak like around 200-300% pump but on most of my daily margin trading, i try to limit my loss on 10% and take profit of 5%.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 09:36:49 AM

every trade I always have a goal of how much I can earn possible profits and from what you say I think it's better to sell because we do not know the price will go up or down. play safe

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 08:28:58 PM

It really depends on the situation, I usually only sell when the prices are going down again, so there's no fixed percentage of profit I make on any given trade.
You can usually see by looking at the BUY and SELL orders when that's going to happen, I'll have the trade ready when it's almost time to do so.

MyIdeas

Activity: 734
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 10:45:43 PM

I often look at the time of increase and decrease and often concentrate on the fluctuations and their periods and timing etc.
like from now
The price once again started to increase so in this time if you will sell then you will lose your money so it is good that you hold your bitcoins for a little more longer to get the profit from your bitcoins.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 01:25:28 AM

There's no real easy way to know when it's the right time to buy or sell. You have to try to determine where the high part of a trading range is and the low part. Sometimes you have to wait a long time to sell or buy. There should always be opportunities to sell since the price is always increasing, but you could miss chances to buy low.
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 02:41:21 AM

For me i do holding bitcoin before but now i do buy and selling because i want to take the Advantage of the fluctation of the price and i really make good profit for this method. And if the price of bitcoin dump so big and i do holding it again until the value was recover.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 05:37:40 AM

There is no way to know when is the peak price, I will sell the coin if it already fit my criteria, if I plan to earn 10% profit, then after I got what I want I will sell it, I won't wait until its peak because I am not sure what will be the highest price the same thing if the price is dropping, I will set some limit and when it passed then I will sell it
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: