Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:38:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TOR] Torcoin - X11 PoW - Tor Integrated Crypto - Torcoin.org  (Read 125288 times)
kingcarsen

Activity: 1148
Merit: 369

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 09:00:30 PM

(1) It's not TOR it's Tor, in fact with regards to the actual software it's Tor®

(2) https://www.torproject.org/docs/trademark-faq.html ...   Roll Eyes

"Tor and the Onion Logo are registered trademarks of The Tor Project, Inc."

This 100%. If this coin gets any traction at all, op can expect to get some nasty messages from some lawyers. This is Coinye 2.0

Tor is copyright to Tor, This is Torcoin and the ticker is TOR, Tor is integrated into the codebase, finishing the integration today or tomorrow at latest.

I'd just like to clarify to you that integrating the actual Tor® software into your "Torcoin" wallet is where the potential issue might arise.

... "Creating a new brand that incorporates the Tor brand is likely to lead to confusion, and commercial confusion is a sign of trademark infringement." ...

Crypto currencies that have previously built Tor connectivity directly into the wallet, such as Stealthcoin, were not named "Torcoin" nor did they use the ticker "TOR" or the onion logo.

The Tor Project, Inc. have previously discussed 'incentive mechanisms', (as a way to reward Relay and Exit node operators) for some years;

See: - https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-incentives-research-roundup-goldstar-par-braids-lira-tears-and-torcoin - N.B. that the TorCoin mentioned in some research papers is not related to the coin of this thread, by my understanding.

Incentive mechanisms relating to bandwidth have known privacy implications. If you are preposing to force wallets to act as Tor Relays or Exit nodes (which is not cool), then is it only the wallets staking balance which would provide a 'reward' ? As this cannot solve a 'nothing to stake' conundrum for new relays over time, for example.

My intention is certainly not to 'troll' your thread and I have both interest and concerns here. If you are serious, you should perhaps contact The Tor Project, Inc. directly. That is what they are advising on their own website.

Regards,

Yea I appreciate your concerns, The branding in general may be changed, It is up to my partner though as I am just the dev.

Yes you are correct, those papers have nothing to do with this coin, this is our version of Torcoin/Tor integration. I am currently finishing this feature up this week. My current scope is to integrate Tor so that anytime you open a Torcoin daemon/wallet it will automatically be running a relay node connecting to the Tor network and assigning a .onion address to that node. This does force the use of Tor with Torcoin, but it is seamless, however though like you said isn't necessarily a good thing. I would be all up for more discussion about this and how we should actually progress with it as a feature of Torcoin, I would be more than willing to work with the community on this, I want what you guys want.
kingcarsen

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 09:05:22 PM

I agree , please contact Tor and also  u need to change the name of the coin a bit .
We have legal issues here

We will contact them. I am just the dev, I can't speak for my partner though.

C-Cex Trading just went live! https://c-cex.com/?p=tor-btc

As a dev, you are just as legally responsible as anyone else involved with the coin. I hope you can afford a good lawyer.

I am in no way legally responsible for this cryptocurrencies name. The name may be changed, but it will be up to the actual creator of this coin/brand. I simply do the coding. I will urge my partner to contact the Tor Project to see if use of the name would be okay, but I honestly don't see why they would be upset, especially if we contact them and work something out...There is quite a few apps out there that utilize the Tor Project name. Plus this coin has actual Tor integration....which only strengths and supports the Tor Project.
kingcarsen

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 09:05:53 PM

coin is good but u need to change certain things :/

Feel free to submit issues on the github! Helps with organization (which the github needs badly atm)
0xfff

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:25:13 PM

I agree , please contact Tor and also  u need to change the name of the coin a bit .

As a dev, you are just as legally responsible as anyone else involved with the coin. I hope you can afford a good lawyer.

I am in no way legally responsible for this cryptocurrencies name. The name may be changed, but it will be up to the actual creator of this coin/brand. I simply do the coding. I will urge my partner to contact the Tor Project to see if use of the name would be okay, but I honestly don't see why they would be upset, especially if we contact them and work something out...There is quite a few apps out there that utilize the Tor Project name. Plus this coin has actual Tor integration....which only strengths and supports the Tor Project.

Yes you are legally responsible. You are an individual that is part of the organization that is "torcoin." Kanye's lawyers went after the front facing manager and the developer of coinye. The fact that you are trying to rationalize copyright infringement shows your lack of knowledge of the law.
kingcarsen

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 09:33:25 PM

Yes you are legally responsible. You are an individual that is part of the organization that is "torcoin." Kanye's lawyers went after the front facing manager and the developer of coinye. The fact that you are trying to rationalize copyright infringement shows your lack of knowledge of the law.

Im not legally responsible. I am not an individual apart of any organization. There is no organization. This is just a crypto I was hired to make, the owner of the coin would be the one legally responsible, even then we will probably end up doing a rebranding. I dont need to argue with you on this. If you have questions of legality or more concerns, message the OP.

Also a C & D would be the first and worst thing to happen, if that does, rebranding to an enitrely new name could take place, no one is going to just sue someone without a notice. Get your facts straight

"On January 6, 2014, Kanye West's lawyers sent the development team a cease and desist order on the basis that the then-unreleased currency constituted trademark infringement, unfair competition, cyberpiracy and dilution.[11][12] In response to the legal threats, the development team changed the name of the currency from "Coinye West" to "Coinye" and moved to a new domain name.[13] By January 10, 2014, the development team stated that they had removed all references to West but instead "to a half-man-half-fish hybrid," a nod to a South Park episode in which West fails to realize why people are jokingly calling him a "gay fish."[14] These actions were not sufficient to appease West's legal team and a lawsuit was filed against the creators of the coin, prompting them to sell their Coinye holdings and leave the project.[1]"

Obviously those developers wanted to be sued, they could have changed entirely from Coinye West, but instead taunted him, prompting him to probably want to take legal action further, yea that is great way to prevent a lawsuit. lol...None of that crap is going to happen, if the Tor Project contacts us back and has a problem with the name then we can simply change it, and no we won't taunt them lol, we all love Tor.
misterbones

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Trader*Investor

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:34:38 PM

Let's not attack them , the dev (kingcarsen) seems experienced not wallet builders shit so we can have some real good value on this .

But please rebrand + change name or take consent from Tor or try to collaborate with Tor
I am just a trader , investor . I see value on this also please consider adding MASTERNODE feature with darksend + instant send

kingcarsen

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 09:39:23 PM

Let's not attack them , the dev (kingcarsen) seems experienced not wallet builders shit so we can have some real good value on this .

But please rebrand + change name or take consent from Tor or try to collaborate with Tor
I am just a trader , investor . I see value on this also please consider adding MASTERNODE feature with darksend + instant send

Thanks man, Exactly.

Yup we will try to get in contacts with them and see what can be done, for now its Torcoin [TOR], until we hear back it will remain that way. But I do think a rebranding would be entirely possible, I am all for it.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 09:44:00 PM

(1) It's not TOR it's Tor, in fact with regards to the actual software it's Tor®

This 100%. If this coin gets any traction at all, op can expect to get some nasty messages from some lawyers. This is Coinye 2.0

Tor is copyright to Tor, This is Torcoin and the ticker is TOR, Tor is integrated into the codebase, finishing the integration today or tomorrow at latest.

I'd just like to clarify to you that integrating the actual Tor® software into your "Torcoin" wallet is where the potential issue might arise.

... "Creating a new brand that incorporates the Tor brand is likely to lead to confusion, and commercial confusion is a sign of trademark infringement." ...

Crypto currencies that have previously built Tor connectivity directly into the wallet, such as Stealthcoin, were not named "Torcoin" nor did they use the ticker "TOR" or the onion logo.

The Tor Project, Inc. have previously discussed 'incentive mechanisms', (as a way to reward Relay and Exit node operators) for some years;

See: - https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-incentives-research-roundup-goldstar-par-braids-lira-tears-and-torcoin - N.B. that the TorCoin mentioned in some research papers is not related to the coin of this thread, by my understanding.

Incentive mechanisms relating to bandwidth have known privacy implications. If you are preposing to force wallets to act as Tor Relays or Exit nodes (which is not cool), then is it only the wallets staking balance which would provide a 'reward' ? As this cannot solve a 'nothing to stake' conundrum for new relays over time, for example.

My intention is certainly not to 'troll' your thread and I have both interest and concerns here. If you are serious, you should perhaps contact The Tor Project, Inc. directly. That is what they are advising on their own website.

Regards,

Yea I appreciate your concerns, The branding in general may be changed, It is up to my partner though as I am just the dev.

Yes you are correct, those papers have nothing to do with this coin, this is our version of Torcoin/Tor integration. I am currently finishing this feature up this week. My current scope is to integrate Tor so that anytime you open a Torcoin daemon/wallet it will automatically be running a relay node connecting to the Tor network and assigning a .onion address to that node. This does force the use of Tor with Torcoin, but it is seamless, however though like you said isn't necessarily a good thing. I would be all up for more discussion about this and how we should actually progress with it as a feature of Torcoin, I would be more than willing to work with the community on this, I want what you guys want.

(1) Relaying Tor traffic should always be optional.

(2) Arguably the most 'anonymous', secure and correct way to run a .onion addnode is as ClientOnly 1 (clients never relay or exit Tor traffic, although they can except SOCKS and/or hidden_service connections).

See: - https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-manual.html.en - always RTM !

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
dannon

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:44:03 PM

Im not legally responsible. I am not an individual apart of any organization. There is no organization. This is just a crypto I was hired to make, the owner of the coin would be the one legally responsible, even then we will probably end up doing a rebranding. I dont need to argue with you on this. If you have questions of legality or more concerns, message the OP.

Also a C & D would be the first and worst thing to happen, if that does, rebranding to an enitrely new name could take place, no one is going to just sue someone without a notice. Get your facts straight

"On January 6, 2014, Kanye West's lawyers sent the development team a cease and desist order on the basis that the then-unreleased currency constituted trademark infringement, unfair competition, cyberpiracy and dilution.[11][12] In response to the legal threats, the development team changed the name of the currency from "Coinye West" to "Coinye" and moved to a new domain name.[13] By January 10, 2014, the development team stated that they had removed all references to West but instead "to a half-man-half-fish hybrid," a nod to a South Park episode in which West fails to realize why people are jokingly calling him a "gay fish."[14] These actions were not sufficient to appease West's legal team and a lawsuit was filed against the creators of the coin, prompting them to sell their Coinye holdings and leave the project.[1]"

Obviously those developers wanted to be sued, they could have changed entirely from Coinye West, but instead taunted him, prompting him to probably want to take legal action further, yea that is great way to prevent a lawsuit. lol...None of that crap is going to happen, if the Tor Project contacts us back and has a problem with the name then we can simply change it, and no we won't taunt them lol, we all love Tor.

It's funny because you and the other guy have conflicting views.

Sad Sad Anyone else sick of trying to join signature campaigns and being denied after you have worn their signature for a week? Sad Sad
kingcarsen

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 09:48:12 PM

It's funny because you and the other guy have conflicting views.

Meh, I am sure he will come around Wink hes more new to launching cryptos, Im not. lol. We can all learn to agree to disagree Tongue

Seriously though, I know hes well invested into this and I think he will understand my logic here, he is a good guy.
kingcarsen

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 09:56:23 PM

Regards,

(1) Relaying Tor traffic should always be optional.

(2) Arguably the most 'anonymous', secure and correct way to run a .onion addnode is as ClientOnly 1 (clients never relay or exit Tor traffic, although they can except SOCKS and/or hidden_service connections).

See: - https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-manual.html.en - always RTM !

1. Yes I wholesomely agree
2. Yes I agree with that as well, that is exactly how I was originally thinking of integrating it Cool

I will hopefully have some of the code logic up on the git tonight that you can take a look at Smiley
kingcarsen

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 10:32:20 PM

Looks like trading is starting to start, First TOR sold for 0.00299800 BTC

Also if anyone has some bounties in mind, please speak up!
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 11:20:59 PM

hey folks,

Just to address the ad-hominem attack on carsen ..

Carsen helped create the coin, but he is not the creator of the coin.  I am the one who developed the ideas for the coin and I am the one who will be promoting and marketing the coin.  I am also the one who owns 1 million TorCoin (Carsen has about 200k, maybe a bit more from mining by now, but not more than 300k). 

I created all of the specs for the coin, the ideas for the coin, the name of the coin, the logo and the website.  I am no newbie to the bitcoin sphere and I have hundreds of thousands of daily visitors to bitcoin sites.  I will be promoting the coin like crazy over the next few years.

I am long on the coin and I will not sell more than 1% of my stake unless the price hits at least $20.  Try me :-) Message me with an offer and it will be ignored.  I am in this for the LONG HAUL.  I believe TorCoin will reach top 5 cryptos on CoinMarketCap within 2 years.

Carsen is a core developer of the coin and I don't give a shit about his 'reputation', which to me is basically meaningless.  If he does a shit job on developing he can be removed or replaced. It's as simple as that.  Other people are welcome to join the development team.  The only thing I care about is whether people are doing a good quality job on a project. 

The point of crypto is that it doesn't much matter who is behind it.  The coin was premined 10%, which I believe is very reasonable.  Of that, I own 1 million coins and Carsen got 200k, and the remaining 90% is up for grabs to miners. 

If Satoshi Nakamoto turns out to be a Russian hacker, or an FBI agent, or just some asshole ex-con - who fucking cares?  The success of a crypto is not determined by its creator UNLESS there is some massive pre-mine (which 10% is obviously not).

Look at Dash .. it is doing exceptionally well despite the bad reputation of E.Duffield and the large 17% instamine. 

TorCoin is going to be huge. I haven't even started promoting it yet :-)  Once it gets properly listed on some bigger exchanges and on CoinMarketCap, I will be driving a huge amount of traffic to promote the coin.

So .. don't waste your time with ad-hominem attacks on Carsen, because he literally has no control over the value of the coin and even if he dumps his 200k share, it won't matter at all.  The code is fully open sourced. If someone else wants to jump on the core dev team, and they have the proper qualifications, feel free to email me; torcoin@protonmail.com

Otherwise, stop your bitching.
Intresting words. But still, not more than that: Words. IF you do what you promise - great!
My main concern is the 1M premine: How do you plan to sell (with sell I mean marketing) your coin positivley without scam accusations etc. - like even Dash is still plagued with?
Not trying to attack you, will mine myself and keep an eye on this, but this is a real concern.
Maybe you could implement several airdrops à la Byteball or one like Decred (or a combination of both) to create a wider propagation of the project.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
kingcarsen

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 02:21:53 AM

hey folks,

Just to address the ad-hominem attack on carsen ..

Carsen helped create the coin, but he is not the creator of the coin.  I am the one who developed the ideas for the coin and I am the one who will be promoting and marketing the coin.  I am also the one who owns 1 million TorCoin (Carsen has about 200k, maybe a bit more from mining by now, but not more than 300k). 

I created all of the specs for the coin, the ideas for the coin, the name of the coin, the logo and the website.  I am no newbie to the bitcoin sphere and I have hundreds of thousands of daily visitors to bitcoin sites.  I will be promoting the coin like crazy over the next few years.

I am long on the coin and I will not sell more than 1% of my stake unless the price hits at least $20.  Try me :-) Message me with an offer and it will be ignored.  I am in this for the LONG HAUL.  I believe TorCoin will reach top 5 cryptos on CoinMarketCap within 2 years.

Carsen is a core developer of the coin and I don't give a shit about his 'reputation', which to me is basically meaningless.  If he does a shit job on developing he can be removed or replaced. It's as simple as that.  Other people are welcome to join the development team.  The only thing I care about is whether people are doing a good quality job on a project. 

The point of crypto is that it doesn't much matter who is behind it.  The coin was premined 10%, which I believe is very reasonable.  Of that, I own 1 million coins and Carsen got 200k, and the remaining 90% is up for grabs to miners. 

If Satoshi Nakamoto turns out to be a Russian hacker, or an FBI agent, or just some asshole ex-con - who fucking cares?  The success of a crypto is not determined by its creator UNLESS there is some massive pre-mine (which 10% is obviously not).

Look at Dash .. it is doing exceptionally well despite the bad reputation of E.Duffield and the large 17% instamine. 

TorCoin is going to be huge. I haven't even started promoting it yet :-)  Once it gets properly listed on some bigger exchanges and on CoinMarketCap, I will be driving a huge amount of traffic to promote the coin.

So .. don't waste your time with ad-hominem attacks on Carsen, because he literally has no control over the value of the coin and even if he dumps his 200k share, it won't matter at all.  The code is fully open sourced. If someone else wants to jump on the core dev team, and they have the proper qualifications, feel free to email me; torcoin@protonmail.com

Otherwise, stop your bitching.
Intresting words. But still, not more than that: Words. IF you do what you promise - great!
My main concern is the 1M premine: How do you plan to sell (with sell I mean marketing) your coin positivley without scam accusations etc. - like even Dash is still plagued with?
Not trying to attack you, will mine myself and keep an eye on this, but this is a real concern.
Maybe you could implement several airdrops à la Byteball or one like Decred (or a combination of both) to create a wider propagation of the project.

Well we are not trying to hide anything like other coins and devs do, I totally understand your concerns, there is a lot of shit cryptos out there, but this isn't a fly by night one. I do think a rebranding may occur in the future if we can't get Tor Project on board with Torcoin, but that will not affect anything technically with the coin or the network. As for the premine, I am currently holding my 200k and may transfer some to other community members for different potential bounties or future giveaways. I do believe the OP posted what he would do with his a few pages back, which would be support further development of Torcoin.

thetorcoin (OP)

Merit: 10

https://TORCOIN.ORG

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 03:57:20 AM

hey folks, we are listed on CoinExchange.io today too!

https://www.coinexchange.io/market/TOR/BTC

https://TorCoin.org - ANONYMOUS CRYPTOCURRENCY
thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 04:49:40 AM

to crack the top ten on coinmarket cap we need to get a $100m market cap.  That's a good starting goal :-) 

thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 05:07:52 AM

I'm already a multimillionaire from Bitcoin and Ethereum and I'm not touching my coins unless they hit a very high amount (over $20 per coin). I'm reserving 25-50k TorCoins for operations and the rest are going into cold storage.

amy1284455127

Activity: 536
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:55:40 AM

I'm already a multimillionaire from Bitcoin and Ethereum and I'm not touching my coins unless they hit a very high amount (over $20 per coin). I'm reserving 25-50k TorCoins for operations and the rest are going into cold storage.
Niubi Glass! Cheesy

Tera's real blockchain is simple and easy to use!
terafoundation.org
Grumo

Activity: 430
Merit: 22

Professional user

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 09:38:50 AM

to crack the top ten on coinmarket cap we need to get a $100m market cap.  That's a good starting goal :-) 

just put payments in the dark web with this coin and the game its done Grin

bTCBTCbiᴛcoinᗷTCethDOGEzecⅬTCUSDT
TheMiningPool.mine

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 12:13:33 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2017, 12:25:30 PM by TheMiningPool.mine

Hi!

New Pool for TORCOIN [TOR] X11 ALGO!

http://www.miningpool.thruhere.net

No registration needed, just use your wallet adress as username and no password needed.

example for TORCOIN COIN

stratum+tcp://theminingpool.thruhere.net:7522 -u YOURWALLETHERE -p x

3 available ports!
Port: 7521-- Diff 0.001
Port: 7522-- VarDiff: 0.0001-10 (use as default)
Port: 7523-- Diff: 100 (use for hashmining or miningrigrentals)

Fees 1.5%
Email: theminingpool.mine@gmail.com
tweeter: https://twitter.com/The_MiningPool

Smiley Smiley  HAPPY MINNING !!  Smiley Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: