Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:34:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TOR] Torcoin - X11 PoW - Tor Integrated Crypto - Torcoin.org  (Read 125285 times)
bumbacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:06:31 PM

on https://www.touchmycoin.com/toptwo/ there is 50 minutes remaining on an auction for 1 Tor.

current top bid is 170 bumba (or 8500 sats)

please note
this site is a top two bidding site,
where the top two bidders both pay,

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:08:26 PM

Do not talk to me about doing tasks in a fine way and fine postings when you talk like a bot who doesn't know what English is.

I did not get paid this and last week. Fix this dev or I'll remove my signature today.

You did not make 15 posts in the Alt section, you did not make 2 posts in the ANN.

Please remove our signature.
Thank you.

@Everyone else

All payouts have been sent, except for a couple of people remaining on the wait.
Since TheTorcoin is offline for a while for some reason, if he doesn't show up until some time tommorow, I'll use the BTC funds I have at my disposal to purchase TOR and make payouts.
I have around 0.6BTC sent to me from TheTorcoin previously so payouts are completely safe Smiley

Okay I've changed my signature. Do you like this one better?
Bfljosh

Skol!

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:21:11 PM

i think the signature campaign and the exclusive campaign will really also helpful in making the project more and more successful, so these campaign should be continue for some more time.

The campaign is just promoting a fake coin. You guys are getting paid in a worthless currency.
do you have any proof for that. you are newbie and how a person can believe one a newbie who may have created the account just start campaign against an innocent coin.

I have plenty of proof. I've posted my proof many times. TorCoin does not connect to Tor. All TorCoin traffic goes over the regular internet. TorCoin clients and nodes connect to a IRC channel that anyone can access. Inside the IRC channel you can see every client and their IP address. I can personally track everyone that is using TorCoin. If I can do it, anyone can.

This is not a wild guess. I have hard technical proof that TorCoin has lied about their Crypto Currency.

I'm a certified Network Engineer with a little over 10 years experience. Most recently I worked for a very large ISP in their core engineering department. I'm also kind of a nerd, so in my free time I like to investigate how things work, especially if they are network related.

I have experience with Tor and anonymous distributions like Tails. My primary interest at this point is to find out how secure TorCoin really is. If you are familiar with anonymity, then you should be aware that leaking network data on the clear net (the regular internet) is a big concern. Leaking any data related to you or the app you're trying to conceal will give you away.

To test, I configured a Windows 10 Virtual Machine and setup Wireshark. After installing and launching TorCoin, I performed a series of packet captures. For the sake of being brief, I discovered that most of the claims made by TorCoin are false. TorCoin does NOT integrate with The Tor Network. It does NOT keep your usage private.  

Here are just a couple things that I found!

* Clear public NON-Tor DNS traffic asking for http://seed.torcoincoin.com
* Clear public IRC traffic to irc.lfnet.org and irc.smutfairy.com
* Does NOT connect to The Tor Network!
* Does NOT keep your use of the coin anonymous!
* Nodes do NOT help The Tor Network.

Here is a screenshot of the IRC traffic:

The TorCoin OP says you are untraceable. I found a central location where I can track all the connected nodes.

You can see the IRC room with all the connected nodes here:

You can download the Wireshark packet captures here so that you can see for yourself:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/48nhs90ia6rosop/AACTChe_153XeFptUUGtSRsGa?dl=0

BitCoinTalk member TheTorCoin makes these FALSE claims on his thread:
"Torcoin is a cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin featuring numerous improvements and innovations, such as full integration with the TOR network, stealth sending technology, and complete anonymity."

"There is never any need to 'mix' or 'anonymize' your TorCoins - they are anonymous by default. TOR is fully integrated with TorCoin, which means that a snoop or attacker watching your internet connection will not know if you are using TorCoin - and other TorCoin users cannot determine the physical location of your Torcoin node."

"Completely Untraceable. No one will ever know you are running a TorCoin node - your real IP is never broadcast to the network because TorCoin runs over Tor."

TorCoin communicates with other nodes over the regular internet. Your IP address can be seen by everyone! I was able to do a reverse lookup on a node and found a user on Comcast. His claims are misleading at best. I personally feel the creator of this coin has done this intentionally. It is my educated opinion that you avoid this cryptocurrency.

Is anyone from the Torcoin project actually going to respond to this? All I have seen are Torcoin hopefuls and fanboys wishing that this stuff were not true - but it clearly is.

Where is the response from @thetorcoin or anyone else associated with this project?

Bump legit question and no answer from the Torcoin scam team.
BestWebCreator

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

:)

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:33:10 PM

i think the signature campaign and the exclusive campaign will really also helpful in making the project more and more successful, so these campaign should be continue for some more time.

The campaign is just promoting a fake coin. You guys are getting paid in a worthless currency.
do you have any proof for that. you are newbie and how a person can believe one a newbie who may have created the account just start campaign against an innocent coin.

I have plenty of proof. I've posted my proof many times. TorCoin does not connect to Tor. All TorCoin traffic goes over the regular internet. TorCoin clients and nodes connect to a IRC channel that anyone can access. Inside the IRC channel you can see every client and their IP address. I can personally track everyone that is using TorCoin. If I can do it, anyone can.

This is not a wild guess. I have hard technical proof that TorCoin has lied about their Crypto Currency.

I'm a certified Network Engineer with a little over 10 years experience. Most recently I worked for a very large ISP in their core engineering department. I'm also kind of a nerd, so in my free time I like to investigate how things work, especially if they are network related.

I have experience with Tor and anonymous distributions like Tails. My primary interest at this point is to find out how secure TorCoin really is. If you are familiar with anonymity, then you should be aware that leaking network data on the clear net (the regular internet) is a big concern. Leaking any data related to you or the app you're trying to conceal will give you away.

To test, I configured a Windows 10 Virtual Machine and setup Wireshark. After installing and launching TorCoin, I performed a series of packet captures. For the sake of being brief, I discovered that most of the claims made by TorCoin are false. TorCoin does NOT integrate with The Tor Network. It does NOT keep your usage private.  

The TorCoin OP says you are untraceable. I found a central location where I can track all the connected nodes.

You can download the Wireshark packet captures here so that you can see for yourself:

"Torcoin is a cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin featuring numerous improvements and innovations, such as full integration with the TOR network, stealth sending technology, and complete anonymity."

"There is never any need to 'mix' or 'anonymize' your TorCoins - they are anonymous by default. TOR is fully integrated with TorCoin, which means that a snoop or attacker watching your internet connection will not know if you are using TorCoin - and other TorCoin users cannot determine the physical location of your Torcoin node."

"Completely Untraceable. No one will ever know you are running a TorCoin node - your real IP is never broadcast to the network because TorCoin runs over Tor."

TorCoin communicates with other nodes over the regular internet. Your IP address can be seen by everyone! I was able to do a reverse lookup on a node and found a user on Comcast. His claims are misleading at best. I personally feel the creator of this coin has done this intentionally. It is my educated opinion that you avoid this cryptocurrency.

Is anyone from the Torcoin project actually going to respond to this? All I have seen are Torcoin hopefuls and fanboys wishing that this stuff were not true - but it clearly is.

Where is the response from @thetorcoin or anyone else associated with this project?

And you are still wearing the signature to promote Tor if you think it is a scam, sounds weird to me.
Bfljosh

Skol!

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:34:33 PM

Less people are trading TOR in the market now.

I think everyone want to keep their Tor, that's why they are not selling their Tor.

No the coin is a scam. It's a dead coin.
Bfljosh

Skol!

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:35:15 PM

And you are still wearing the signature to promote Tor if you think it is a scam, sounds weird to me.

I wear my own signature.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:37:40 PM

I wear my own signature.

Are you somehow pissed because you did not follow the signature campaign rules and did not get paid?
If you had followed the rules, you would have got paid so only one you can blame is yourself, sorry but that is just how it is.
Also there might have been some misleading information, but that does not still make it a scam. I cannot see anyone here who was stolen money from Roll Eyes

Edit: Also, by the way no signature campaign manager will send you anything if you do not follow their rules.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1824
Merit: 2793

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 01:39:24 PM

Their response was simple... "it IS integrated with Tor", and then they reference some specific branch on github. However, none of the clients being used as primary downloads for the client integrate with Tor, and I really have not yet seen conclusive proof that the tor branch integrates either. I also have good reason to believe they do not currently have the development support to do this type of integration. Long story short, CarsenK is involved (Carsen, carsenk, kingcarsen), who has created plenty of shit coins in the past.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1920826.msg19142808#msg19142808

Bfljosh

Skol!

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:40:19 PM

I wear my own signature.

Are you somehow pissed because you did not follow the signature campaign rules and did not get paid?
If you had followed the rules, you would have got paid so only one you can blame is yourself, sorry but that is just how it is.
Also there might have been some misleading information, but that does not still make it a scam. I cannot see anyone here who was stolen money from Roll Eyes

People invest real money into something that is a scam. Saying you are anonymous when you are not is a scam. Taking a brand name without contacting the developers of the brand is a scam.

Acting like a fanboy and ignoring these facts like you do is retarded.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:43:31 PM

Oh easy there, like i said, not getting paid from sig campaign was your own fault.
Also you cannot ever be 100% anonymous anywhere so, what is your point?
If you are using Windows you cannot even assume that you are anonymous at all at any point.
You are calling me a fanboy, well okay  then, but you are a trust system abuser which is alot worse in my eyes.
Also it's people's job to research the source and then making the decision of investing or not.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Bfljosh

Skol!

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:47:23 PM

Oh easy there, like i said, not getting paid from sig campaign was your own fault.
Also you cannot ever be 100% anonymous anywhere so, what is your point?
If you are using Windows you cannot even assume that you are anonymous at all at any point.
You are calling me a fanboy, well okay  then, but you are a trust system abuser which is alot worse in my eyes.
Also it's people's job to research the source and then making the decision of investing or not.

Typical fanboy / signature whoring / 2nd dev account behavior. It's okay to scam. It's okay to give crypto a bad name. It's people's job to research the source and then making the decision of investing or not.
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:09:58 PM

Hey, I just want to say my two cousins I told them to buy tor in c-cex and cryptoria my two cousins bought tor coin worth 0.02 but they said me they want to invest more in tor coin so they said to me they Message me if theu have funds in their wallet..

Anyway I liks the new logo of tor coin its better this new logo compared before . For sure new logo catch the attention of investors to buy tor coin and price will increase more . I will buy more tor coin If I sell my other altcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
lfo

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

BNM founder

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 02:57:47 PM

My 3 satoshis here is:
1. Scams ruin the big picture of crypto
2. Trolls/fanboys suck
3. Only buy crypto you can actually use in everyday life, and the legit ones will be seen and used

Blocknewsmedia.com
Blocknewsmedia.us
c6m0h3

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:00:41 PM

WHY USE TORCOIN?

TorCoin offers several important features that Bitcoin does not. First, TorCoin rewards people for running a TOR node. Whereas Bitcoin transactions are completely traceable, TorCoin enables you to send coins anonymously. There is never any need to 'mix' or 'anonymize' your TorCoins - they are anonymous by default. TOR is fully integrated with TorCoin, which means that a snoop or attacker watching your internet connection will not know if you are using TorCoin - and other TorCoin users cannot determine the physical location of your Torcoin node. TorCoin also offers encrypted end-to-end messaging between TorCoin users.

I think this has been proven to be false. That is huge since Tor is in the name of the coin and it is not integrated with Tor. 
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:14:21 PM

My 3 satoshis here is:
1. Scams ruin the big picture of crypto
2. Trolls/fanboys suck
3. Only buy crypto you can actually use in everyday life, and the legit ones will be seen and used

i am sorry that i had this sig for a while. and i hope that the camp. manager is not part of the coin. i gave him a positiv feedback.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:44:01 PM

just visit bffjosh and check his posts prior to May 22 (payment date)

http://prntscr.com/fbbta3
http://prntscr.com/fbbtgg

Paying these sort of posts results in the forum swarming in spam, there is no way in hell I am paying for this.
Also refer to
Only posts with at least 100 characters count.
If you get a red tag at any time during the campaign, you will not be paid.
Posts in Off-Topic, Local sections and other signature campaign threads count only 10% in value.
In order to receive payment you must make at least 15 posts in the Alternate cryptocurrencies section.
There will be a few exceptions, however, we will handpick those!
Your posts are monitored and spam will get you excluded from the campaign!
No other advertisments are allowed in your signature.
Only constructive posts count!
You must not change your signature since you join the campaign!
At least 2 posts in our ANN thread is necessary to receive payment

Looking for a signature campaign.
freeBogatov

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 10:33:20 PM

Torcoin does support Tor .exit relays? How? We can raise $500 for year one hosting and freebogatov.org 50-50 split  Huh  donate from  torcoin.org good project

TorcoinFreeBogatov  RU
atlas.torproject.org/#details/5055DFEDFAA4B7134CDCE10776E911E5617776A6

Bitcoin 1NdPTtvkHdhzx2SUVnvx5TWdeNEC8cEjFn
Torcoin TCkE4YVWiHT6zEAr8q99oLfZXGuugekGB6

Dmitry Bogatov arrested by Russian authorities
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1926575.0

#freeBogatov   Cool

edit found Torcoin is scam coin removed link from node announce  Huh  no support real Tor project

our server cause is real please support

no support nothing
freeBogatov

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 10:40:10 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2017, 11:47:18 PM by freeBogatov

DUMP fake TorCoin here TCkE4YVWiHT6zEAr8q99oLfZXGuugekGB6   Kiss

to support real Tor .exit nodes   Grin

we will host Tor .exit node for you one month

donate $20 bitcoin 1NdPTtvkHdhzx2SUVnvx5TWdeNEC8cEjFn

server named freeBogatov or KAction

demo atlas.torproject.org/#details/5055DFEDFAA4B7134CDCE10776E911E5617776A6

idea if one server switched off will build 100 more

help freebogatov.org/en/

Run a Tor relay with nickname that contains Bogatov or KAction in solidarity.

Tor activists have launched a flashmob on April 12 and call all Tor relay administrators to run or rename their relays using #freeBogatov or #KAction.

Tor Project website has a guide on how to do it. You can run relay at your home (In that case it recommended to not run an exit relay, but middle relay, that way no negative activity will come from your IP.

You can also limit bandwidth if you don't want to give full bandwidth to the Tor network) or rent a server. Here is a list of hosters tried by activists who are running Tor relays. As for April 18, 45 relays and exit nodes have been launched in solidarity with Dmitry. See here and here to view the lists of relays.
thetorcoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://TORCOIN.ORG

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 05:49:31 AM

The Chinese crypto investors are becoming interested in TorCoin now .. check the recent spike in trading on the CryptoDao exchange :-)

https://TorCoin.org - ANONYMOUS CRYPTOCURRENCY
Coin_trader
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1173

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 06:15:08 AM

TOR coin price is bouncing back, the current price will start increasing as the traders discover that this coin had a great potential to be one of those great coin in the cryptoworld, if it is possible, kindly add more exchanges to widen the market.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: