Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:56:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371102 times)
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:52:48 AM

Be clear minded. If somone keeps coming here to attack a perfectly legitimate project and not the hundreds of scam icos amd shitcoins you can be 100% sure of one thing.  They are trying to buy as much as they can and keep a lid on the price with fud. Be smart and recognise this and dont be one of the fools who doesnt understand it. This project really is going to be in the top 10. Everyone who knows this project knows it.
seethevalue

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:26:04 AM

XBY is a community coin and anybody cain join us! We are just getting started  Grin

Are you kidding? it is not!
It is a CLUB Coin with masyernodes for VIP's !
It is not even close to a community coin!
You guys have no idea what a community coin is about...

You can still get a node but it will cost you more because you are 10 weeks late  Cheesy This is a community coin - no ICO or premine or any kind of that stuff - and our members are right now creating different new websites for XBY   Cool Later on the whole community will vote and the website with the most votes will become the new official website for XBY  Smiley

No you can't, there are 512 node places reserved for your VIP's !

Yes you can, there are not 512 nodes registered right now. There is only about 470 last I checked, probably less. The remaining nodes will be open to registration to anyone, not "VIPs". Huh

I will try to help out here also...

First, the link you are using for STaTiC list was stopped after the 50K block and it shows 492, not 429 STaTiCs. However, this is no long accurate and you can see the accurate count at this URL: http://borzalom.hu/static-list-updated.html

The original STaTiC deposit amount was decided by the Community and there is nothing unfair about this. The people who recognized there was something special here had the vision to invest their money into the future of something they decided to believe in. We heavily and I mean HEAVILY promoted this opportunity on both the exchanges we were on at the time and also here on the forum and also on Slack. There was nothing secretive about this opportunity to set up a STaTiC node.

In the future, another opportunity to make XBY deposits on smaller sized nodes will come and this has been revealed so that future investors can prepare themselves by buying up XBY in the dips with the amount of funds they have available. Again, nothing unfair about this and in fact this is done in the interest of fairness.

We also will be putting some opportunities in place to give others the liberty or chance to own the broken or additional Level 1 STaTiC nodes that will bring the total to 512. How we do this has not yet been decided, but we will do this in the most fair way possible and in a way that ensures further decentralization and this will be decided by vote once we are ready to move forward.

As far as unlimited nodes goes, this is not something that we can offer because we do not have unlimited coins.

The reason why the required deposit of 500k XBY was needed is for the TRUST factor. Having thousands or millions of little nodes that are easily broken and replaced does not create TRUST. XtraBYtes is a new technology in development and therefore we ask that people not compare how we do things to how other coins do things. What may work for them may not work for us and until the full tech has been revealed, it will not be possible to make any sort of comparisons.

Thank you for understanding and we look forward to seeing you as part of the XtraBYtes Community Corporation

You are invested but have no idea lool, check this out^^
You see, not for everybody, only by decision for the few which are left!
Btw what is the technical advantage for having only 512 nodes?
 let me see..hmm ...zero!!
You see VIP Club for sure!

Again, anyone can register the remaining nodes. Anyone. They will be constantly replaced when they get broken.  Your VIP talk is just confusing to me. There is always a limit to how many nodes there are due to coin supply, even if it isn't directly stated.

You did not really read the comment of CCRevolution!?
What is going on here?

Again for you:

We also will be putting some opportunities in place to give others the liberty or chance to own the broken or additional Level 1 STaTiC nodes that will bring the total to 512. How we do this has not yet been decided, but we will do this in the most fair way possible and in a way that ensures further decentralization and this will be decided by vote once we are ready to move forward.

You get it now??? there is no garantie for getting a node or a equal chance for getting a node, so it is not for everybody!

AND AGAIN, WHAT IS THE TECHNICAL ADVANTAGE FOR HAVNG ONLY 512 NODES???
THERE IS NO ONE!! >>> LESS NODES = LESS STABLE NETWORK

This system is only makes sense for the Node holder for making money!

I am out here, you are a bunch of noobs with no idea at all!
Not even able to read and to understand...

Don't call Xtrabytes a community coin, it is not and I proved it!

a statement like this could be proven wrong, because less nodes and more reason to be online means more stability, not less, when people switch the bitcoin miner off, that makes the network less stable. but if people who've invest have a reason to be online, less nodes is more stable not less stable, therefore you're a fool.

isn't this the problem with bitcoin if it becomes unprofitable to mine at any point people will switch off. that becomes unstable, but less is more in a way.
Zylon

Activity: 242
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:31:02 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2017, 11:48:24 AM by Zylon

a statement like this could be proven wrong, because less nodes and more reason to be online means more stability, not less, when people switch the bitcoin miner off, that makes the network less stable. but if people who've invest have a reason to be online, less nodes is more stable not less stable, therefore you're a fool.

isn't this the problem with bitcoin if it becomes unprofitable to mine at any point people will switch off. that becomes unstable, but less is more in a way.

OMG, you even don't know the difference between mining and nodes!
Mining has nothing to do with nodes, people starting btc nodes just for helping the network, they get nothing for it, they do it for free!
So you are wrong in all points!
Noob...

Well, always the same people who spend time destroying XBY.
It becomes an obsession?
Everyone well understood the opinion of these people there.
No need to be obstinate and to be malicious, not worth insulting, just sell and leave :-)
Simply Thanks

Be clear minded. If somone keeps coming here to attack a perfectly legitimate project and not the hundreds of scam icos amd shitcoins you can be 100% sure of one thing.  They are trying to buy as much as they can and keep a lid on the price with fud. Be smart and recognise this and dont be one of the fools who doesnt understand it. This project really is going to be in the top 10. Everyone who knows this project knows it.

loool trying to defend their Coin without even one argument againts my comments!
You guys don't like critical questions, don't you?
That is typical for club members trying to defend their investment from suffering with no idea at all!
This is not a religion, this is technology, you need arguments...

Top 10 Coins!?! are you kidding Cheesy Cheesy very good joke!
Together with BTC, ETH, NEM, DASH, IOTA loool ..not even in 10 years and of course not with this VIP Club community!
You guys have no idea what is neccessary to get there.

Do you really think I will be the last one asking for your node distribution?
Every serious inverstor will ask for it and most of you noobs did not even know something about it untill now and just because I asked for it.
So you should be thankful for my help !

That was my last comment, I wish you a lot of fun with your VIP node holder!
Make them rich by buying / pumping and sending Xtrabytes, they will love you for doing it!

Cee yaa

cedlemercier

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:35:09 PM

It becomes an obsession?
No need to be obstinate and to be malicious, not worth insulting, just sell and leave :-)

Just a question: what benefit have these people there to destroy XBY?
Either to hurt for free or to buy cheaper, It's not pretty.

There is enough volume to sell or buy ...
Each his choice, me i buy XBY !
I say to these people that I support XBY from the beginning and yes, it is naturally that i have big profits so I support XBY !
I would be in the first to buy another node of second level when the technology will be ready, at any price.

Frankly, in the world around me, the rule of first come = first served is everywhere including in crypto.
I also had the chance to buy 3 PIVX masternodes when no one believed it and despite all those people there with their negative reviews.
It is true that it is difficult to be patient, not to sell and to forget the price ... but it pays in the end.
Also, I tell these people there that yes, I invest in the coins masternodes to make money, it just makes sense to think so and support our investments. And in addition I find it amusing and I take pleasure in cryptos.

When the technology is legitimate, when the technology is under development and these people arrive with their negative opinions repeated every day, not easy but I buy more because it is a good sign.
Of course, there will still be + high and low, just hold and be patient, often very patient.

The performance of XBY is excellent for such a young currency.
A few days ago, there was evidence of technological advances.

I wish XBY much success and courage for the core development team and website development team.

seethevalue

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:44:49 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2017, 01:10:43 PM by seethevalue

OMG, you even don't know the difference between mining and nodes!
Mining has nothing to do with nodes, people starting btc nodes just for helping the network, they get nothing for it, they do it for free!
So you are wrong in all points!
Noob...

It becomes an obsession?
Simply Thanks

Be clear minded. If somone keeps coming here to attack a perfectly legitimate project and not the hundreds of scam icos amd shitcoins you can be 100% sure of one thing.  They are trying to buy as much as they can and keep a lid on the price with fud. Be smart and recognise this and dont be one of the fools who doesnt understand it. This project really is going to be in the top 10. Everyone who knows this project knows it.

loool trying to defend their Coin without even one argument againts my comments!
You guys don't like critical questions, don't you?
That is typical for club members trying to defend their investment from suffering with no idea at all!
This is not a religion, this is technology, you need arguments...

Top 10 Coins!?! are you kidding Cheesy Cheesy very good joke!
Together with BTC, ETH, NEM, DASH, IOTA loool ..not even in 10 years and of course not with this VIP Club community!
You guys have no idea what is neccessary to get there.

Do you really think I will be the last one asking for your node distribution?
Every serious inverstor will ask for it and most of you noobs did not even know something about it untill now and just because I asked for it.
So you should be thankful for my help !

That was my last comment, I wish you a lot of fun with your VIP node holder!
Make them rich by buying / pumping and sending Xtrabytes, they will love you for doing it!

Cee yaa

not at all, because if the bottom falls out of bitcoin they will remove the nodes as well, it's not hard to understand is it. you just don't understand what i just said, the consequence of scenario, therefore you've obviously not thought about it properly, which is what you are doing here, biting grasping at straws.

they are not going to do it for free if the price has fallen off a cliff get a grip fool.

they won't mine it they won't produce nodes for it.

this is a fact some wallets are full nodes, so what happens when the wallet goes offline or it's removed.
when it goes offline the node is gone, read about it here you fool..

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/guides/how-does-the-bitcoin-network-actually-work/

main part of the quote is this,

"Wallets can be a full node – as is the case with downloading the full bitcoin client onto your desktop. "

so if they are getting rid of wallets due to a price Collapse as it's not profitable anymore, then you start losing nodes when they go offline you lose nodes, which is obviously still linked to mining, because they go into wallets with full nodes.

which directly relates to mining and profitability.
which highlights all this cryptocurrency business is based on faith + reality.
with-out both of them the would be no faith in the coin, therefore they would shut down nodes, directly related.
jeepbrahhh

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:20:13 PM

Will this project ever hit $1, $10, $100?
nemwanderer

Activity: 230

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:58:20 PM

1 is possible. 10 is a little unlikely considering that implies a market cap of 6.5bio for the project.

bigboss154

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 03:21:14 PM

Posting a small Q&A that borzalom did not too long ago as I think it got buried on the last post of a page:

1. Here is my question: CCrevolution said : If 1 or several StaTiC nodes go rogue, the others ask them to correct themselves and if they do not correct...they get blacklisted - BOOM Shutdown attack. Now if something would go very wrong and only 1 'good' STaTiC would be left, would it still be able to protect against the rest that went rogue?

1.) If the client isn't fake and it uses the correct last version of code, it will never get blacklisted. This is the reason why we will never have only one client controlling the network.

2. How many nodes would you need to be compromised for the system to be considered insecure, is a 51% attack via nodes possible?

2.) The PoSign is not a voting system therefore 51% or any other percent does not exist. All blocks are signed by all STaTiCs. If only one STaTiC signs the block then it is still valid. Later, if other STaTiCs validate they will also sign.

3. Will the project send coins anonymously and if not will it be possible to add that as a feature in the future?

3.) Anonymity is not the goal, trust is the goal.

4. Can you comment on scalability, will we have no problems if this coin became as big or bigger than Bitcoin?

4.) Scalablity is unlimited.

5. If someone owned ALL the nodes or even 99% of the nodes what could they do? Steal the beats of the coins or shutdown the system? I know it might not be economically profitable to do so but what if a Government later with unlimited resources tried, could it be done?

5.) This is not POW, therefore unlimited resources means nothing.

6. Its a very general question and has already been hinted at. But please can you say more about what makes this more secure than other coins on the market right now. And could you explain the kind of scenario that would have to happen for the system to be hacked even if that is theoretically a long shot. Can you say this coin is 100% unhackable? Or are we talking almost impossible?

6.) I hope 100% unhackable. Please join us in Slack now as we discuss this further... https://young-basin-20186.herokuapp.com/

7. Is it possible to implement a smart contract platform into XtraBYtes in the future, similar to Etherium's smart contracts?

7.) Yes, i have lot of better plans than ETH

Another set of questions:

1. Are the virtual nodes and their network generated exclusively by a new block/transaction that is created by the STaTiC and nonSTaTiC nodes?

1.) The XBY owners create transactions. Nodes validate the transactions only. Nodes never create transactions. The virtual nodes will be creating blocks from validated transactions.

2. Is the number of individual chord nodes possible the same as the number of STaTiC and nonSTaTiC nodes online?

2.) No. The number of virtual nodes is fixed. All virtual nodes are controlled by one or more STaTiC and nonSTaTiC nodes. If the number of STaTiCs is less than virtual nodes then random STaTiCs will control additional virtual nodes.

3. If a virtual chord node is generated only by a new block/transaction created by the STaTiC and nonSTaTiC nodes, then can’t the STaTiC and nonSTaTiC nodes be attacked and disabled by DDOS?

3.) Example: S1 STaTIC controls V1 virtual node. If attacker attacks and disables S1 STaTiC then other ( S2 or S3 ... etc...) STaTiCs will take control of the V1 virtual node until the S1 STaTiC DDOS has stopped.
Martin958

Activity: 232

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:21:09 PM

Who could possibly know? But it wont hit any of those prices until the tech is fully complete, functioning and running smoothly. And that could take a long time.

Plus it would need some kind of corporate interest/trust which also takes time. (for $10+)
CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:01:58 PM

First XBY GIVEAWAY from the Website Promo!!

Please watch the video to review the results of our first giveaway of 50.000 XBY.

https://youtu.be/Guz7wwbd-uo

Winners have 72 hours to contact me directly by PM either here or on Slack.

Thank you and watch for the next draw!!
LostWords

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:12:22 PM

Please watch the video to review the results of our first giveaway of 50.000 XBY.

Damn, this is so cool. Congratz to the winners, maybe next round for me. All pray for me. But on a serious note: this is some great promo and to think of that the founder himself pays for these giveaways...cool!
_Ricardo_

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:36:17 PM

100 XBY is a fee absurd  Angry Angry!!!
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 09:44:17 PM

PROGRAMMING UPDATE

This is Part 1 of a development update from Borzalom and his Dev Team:

https://youtu.be/bR0MxPADev4

Stay Tuned - More news in a few hours...

Partizant

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 09:46:34 PM

Awesome stuff! It should definitely increase the popularity and number of hits to a new website.
bigboss154

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:55:21 PM

PROGRAMMING UPDATE

This is Part 1 of a development update from Borzalom and his Dev Team:

https://youtu.be/bR0MxPADev4

Stay Tuned - More news in a few hours...

Nice, great job everyone.
bigboss154

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 12:13:24 AM

100 XBY is a fee absurd  Angry Angry!!!

The fee is planned to go lower as the price rises, and it will be lowered not too long from now last I heard.
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:34:22 AM

ANOTHER PROGRAMMING UPDATE

This is Part 2 of a development update from Borzalom and his Dev Team:

https://youtu.be/NW0qq4gOFn0

Stay Tuned - More news ASAP!

jlinberg

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:45:26 AM

good news.
great tech.
unique posign.
xby will go to the moon in the next hours.
aim to 0.05 first.
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:32:54 AM

good news.
great tech.
unique posign.
xby will go to the moon in the next hours.
aim to 0.05 first.

LMAO.. not so fast little man. We have a looong way ahead of us for that to happen.
LostWords

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 11:30:21 AM

Yeah, the things is with XtraBYtes...I think people are so hyped, they think the whole cryptoworld is as hype as they are and therefore expect the price to reach high numbers in no time. Reality has shown us that it doesn't go that fast. For a project that is just two months old, the value it is right now is even a good value.

NEM was around 300 sat last year around this time. Now between 7000/8000 sat? (coinmarketcap)
BITSHARES was around 800/900 sat last year around this time. Now over 11000 sat (coinmarketcap)
RIPPLE was 900 sat last year around this time. Now over 11000 sat (coinmarketcap)

And they existed longer then two months when they were in these numbers last year. And more importantly: BTC was worth way less compared to now.

Looking at NEM, RIPPLE, BITSHARES' price chart, people will say: "Damn, you should've bought a lot of RIPPLE when it was 900 sat!!"

And THATS where we are now. Instead of complaining with every price drop and getting hyped at every rise (looking at your own blockfolio), you should just focus on getting more and more so you won't be the guy in about a year from now looking at the XBY chart and saying:
"Wow, I should've bought me a lot of XBY when it was just 700 sat!"

Do not use XBY in your blockfolio or whatever to see what your investments are doing. HODL XBY in your closet (wallet) and open it's doors in about a year from now and then calculate what your losses and profits are. Checking your investments on this type of longtermmoontrip on daily basis will make you FUD and weak.
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: