Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:28:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371091 times)
bigboss154

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:36:51 PM

What does everyone see the market cap of XtraBytes being in 5 or so years if Borz is able to successfully implement his ideas? Can this be a top 50 project? Anyone aside from Fatoshi feel free to throw out an answer

5 years? That is a long time. At least top 20 I would say, that is me being a bit conservative though.
CCNCCN

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:40:01 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 11:07:28 PM by CCNCCN

Dear Community,

I have spent a great deal of time thinking about the situation within XBY since the recent issues started.  I felt I owed it to myself and the community to, at least at a high level,  explain why I resigned from the Board at the time I did and offer my apology for my own rash actions.

Having spent a fair bit of time, blood, sweat, and tears trying to move forward the development of XBY I could not separate my emotions from the fact that both founders, preaching about family and trust and pulling together, supported CCR leaving for a month without notice due to some "trolls", leaving the Board high and dry, and then came forward and effectively called themselves the only part of the team or family that mattered.  

Fundamentally I felt lied to, that the calls for trust, loyalty and team were a lie, and my contributions didn't mean a damn bit to the founders.  For a company that preaches being built on trust this has been clearly broken not just with me but with many others  - with some people I have seen in the slack for many months now having left.  Calling it a community coin has become questionable.

This got to me emotionally, and I could not separate it effectively enough to try and push through as the other Board members did to try and find a solution.  With some distance I see my decision to quit as wrong.  I believe in what is being built here, and that the damage, and trust destroyed, can be rebuilt with hard work and time.  CCR's apology to the community evidences that a path to reconciliation exists.

While there are other interesting projects that I, and everyone, could go put effort towards, I have been here too long and believe in the mission to quit so easily.  To that extent I ask the Board to consider my request to be re-instated.  Frankly, I don't want to be a quitter and don't want to abandon the team or the community.  If my request for reinstatement is not forthcoming please know that I will still be trying to help around the XBY slack as possible.

Here's my promise to the community, next time it gets tough i'll be there trying to make it right.  i'll focus on bringing community concerns to the Board (or their members) and pushing for the right answers.

We have spent too long alienating and dividing the community, it is time to come together, compromise and build it again.  Build the contributors, believers, TEAM,  and get the excitement growing.  XBY doesn't succeed as a team of 2 founders but as a team of many contributors.

Regards,
CCN

BryanK

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:52:30 PM

Welcome Back CCN. I hope the board reconsiders you. You are a great member.
Lsubtcfan

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:53:29 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 10:40:03 PM by Lsubtcfan

It takes a real man with humility to say those words. Thank you for all you have done. Chris

P.S. - Reminded me of the same attributes displayed by my friend from Canada.
Sobogunkenny

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:36:26 PM

Dear Community,

I have spent a great deal of time thinking about the situation within XBY since the recent issues started.  I felt I owed it to myself and the community to, at least at a high level,  explain why I resigned from the Board at the time I did and offer my apology for my own rash actions.

Having spent a fair bit of time, blood, sweat, and tears trying to move forward the development of XBY I could not separate my emotions from the fact that both founders, preaching about family and trust and pulling together, supported CCR leaving for a month without notice due to some "trolls", leaving the Board high and dry, and then came forward and effectively called themselves the only part of the team or family that mattered.  

Fundamentally I felt lied to, that the calls for trust, loyalty and team were a lie, and my contributions didn't mean a damn bit to the founders.  For a company that preaches being built on trust this has been clearly broken not just with me but with many others  - with some people I have seen in the slack for many months now having left.  Calling it a community coin has become questionable.

This got to me emotionally, and I could not separate it effectively enough to try and push through as the other Board members did to try and find a solution.  With some distance I see my decision to quit as wrong.  I believe in what is being built here, and that the damage, and trust destroyed, can be rebuilt with hard work and time.  CCR's apology to the community evidences that a path to reconciliation exists.

While there are other interesting projects that I, and everyone, could go put effort towards, I have been here too long and believe in the mission to quit so easily.  To that extent I ask the Board to consider my request to be re-instated.  Frankly, I don't want to be a quitter and don't want to abandon the team or the community.  If my request for reinstatement is not forthcoming please know that I will still be trying to help around the XBY slack as possible.

Here's my promise to the community, next time it gets tough i'll be there trying to make it right.  i'll focus on bringing community concerns to the Board (or their members) and pushing for the right answers.

We have spent too long alienating and dividing the community, it is time to come together, compromise and build it again.  Build the contributors, believers, TEAM,  and get the excitement growing.

Regards,
CCN

I can feel your pain for quitting but so glad for your humility to take over the team batton again.
I can see more vibrant synergy come back to the XBY team.
We are moving forward!
vittosport

Activity: 353

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:01:41 PM

I think xby will return strongly  Wink
bigboss154

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:06:21 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2017, 12:00:31 AM by bigboss154

As we approach the launch of our Phase 2 marketing campaign, it is with great pleasure that I share a short and very well written review of XtraBYtes from one of our long time XtraBYtes Community Corporation Members, @t0mpee

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@t0mpee/a-brief-explaniation-of-xtrabytes-new-module-system

Great job Thomas and thank you for your highly valued participation!!

Before I posted this here and in the Announcement section of our Slack, I wanted to get verification that Thomas was talking about the VITALS signing in a proper way. The answer I got from Borz was really quite powerful and so I will be posting his response in about 30 minutes.

I think we might see lots more talking after this and perhaps some scampering back to the exchanges (just my thoughts of course).

Stay Tuned!!

So, after I read the review from @t0mpee this morning, I sent Borz the following:

I question how he has talked about the VITALS:

This is a specialty in both work and theory, and separates itself from other coins by being able to actually sign off inside of the VITALS (Virtual Information Transmissions Aligning STaTiCs) network, verifying that each signature to the blockchain is trusted and secure; and does not use the currently popular Proof of Work and Proof of Stake concepts, which, when finished, should be revolutionary in the blockchain space; as it’s the only coin of it’s kind to currently do this.

Is it accurate to say the blocks are "signed off inside the VITALS"?

Here is the response from Borz (in his greatly improving English):

Signed off inside the VITALS ?
Yes, and no.

example:

the block height is 1294
112 STaTiC online 400 STaTiC offline.
each 112 STaTiC signed the 1294 block and push these signatures to block signature database.
The block signature database is one independent blockchain tracked database.
All height have lot of related signatures. Not only the online STaTiC.
Of course the 1294 is new block therefore the online STaTiC-s signed and offline STaTiC-s not signed at this moment.
Before a online STaTiC signing 1294 block require all previous block validating.
If the online static was offline the previous day then validate and sign all previous day created blocks.
The final result is one very complex and hardly understandable hash table created. I don't want explain this. Need large and complicated infographics lot of time etc... The final result is just a very large unique number. These unique numbers is the result of consensus. These number will be attached to block. This number is the signature of VITAL. This is not real signature this is a hash of all signatures. I hope to understandable, the VITAL system how to be signing the blocks. The VITAL system "signature" is the big signature consensus. This is not real signature this is big mix of signature hashes. Impossible to change or reproduce without knowing all signers private keys. ( need previous offline STaTiC private keys too ;-)  = impossible )

I thought that was pretty powerful and was quite excited to share... Hope you also enjoyed!!

Quoting for visibility from the bottom of the last page. Edit: Fixed the right quotes.
jlinberg

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:43:10 PM

every 4 days 5000blocks, it is 144130 blocks now.
So it will be 150000 on Aug 1 which day i think there will be important things released, not only transaction fee reduced to be 50 xby. Everyone can get the answer if you imagined.
you can get the block amount from here: http://xbyblockchain.borzalom.hu/index.php
fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:24:35 AM

CCN - You have done so much for the community and for XtraBytes.  I appreciate your honest words here on the forum.    

In addition to BryanK, I hope the Board considers your offer.  

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:34:44 PM

Anyone should be happy to have you back on board CCN Smiley

Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:54:17 PM

So, after I read the review from @t0mpee this morning, I sent Borz the following:

I question how he has talked about the VITALS:

This is a specialty in both work and theory, and separates itself from other coins by being able to actually sign off inside of the VITALS (Virtual Information Transmissions Aligning STaTiCs) network, verifying that each signature to the blockchain is trusted and secure; and does not use the currently popular Proof of Work and Proof of Stake concepts, which, when finished, should be revolutionary in the blockchain space; as it’s the only coin of it’s kind to currently do this.

Is it accurate to say the blocks are "signed off inside the VITALS"?

Here is the response from Borz (in his greatly improving English):

Signed off inside the VITALS ?
Yes, and no.

example:

the block height is 1294
112 STaTiC online 400 STaTiC offline.
each 112 STaTiC signed the 1294 block and push these signatures to block signature database.
The block signature database is one independent blockchain tracked database.
All height have lot of related signatures. Not only the online STaTiC.
Of course the 1294 is new block therefore the online STaTiC-s signed and offline STaTiC-s not signed at this moment.
Before a online STaTiC signing 1294 block require all previous block validating.
If the online static was offline the previous day then validate and sign all previous day created blocks.
The final result is one very complex and hardly understandable hash table created. I don't want explain this. Need large and complicated infographics lot of time etc... The final result is just a very large unique number. These unique numbers is the result of consensus. These number will be attached to block. This number is the signature of VITAL. This is not real signature this is a hash of all signatures. I hope to understandable, the VITAL system how to be signing the blocks. The VITAL system "signature" is the big signature consensus. This is not real signature this is big mix of signature hashes. Impossible to change or reproduce without knowing all signers private keys. ( need previous offline STaTiC private keys too ;-)  = impossible )

I thought that was pretty powerful and was quite excited to share... Hope you also enjoyed!!

People are wrong to call this a top 10 or even top 20 coin.

This is a top 5 coin. There is NOTHNG that can touch it in terms of tech in theory. IF Borzalom pulls this one off the rise will be legendary.
VALTER 1061

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:38:46 PM

Quote from xtrabytes site:  ..."There are some trade secrets involved here and once the network has fully matured with all available STaTiC nodes in place, the number of coins will have been reduced significantly".
How many total coins will be finally?  Huh
Sanchoni25

Activity: 96

I accept XBY/XFUEL

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:46:03 PM

Quote from xtrabytes site:  ..."There are some trade secrets involved here and once the network has fully matured with all available STaTiC nodes in place, the number of coins will have been reduced significantly".

Hi, the total supply of XBY is 650 million coins. AFAIK when all nodes will be occupied the number of coins in circulation will have halved to 325 million.
Greetings

VALTER 1061

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 09:03:35 PM

Hi, the total supply of XBY is 650 million coins. AFAIK when all nodes will be occupied the number of coins in circulation will have halved to 325 million.
Greetings

Jeez !!!
Just fine !
Sanchoni25

Activity: 96

I accept XBY/XFUEL

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:16:31 PM

I think xby will return strongly  Wink

XBY has never left in the first place  Wink We haven't even started yet!  Grin

Fatoshi

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:49:04 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2017, 04:24:44 AM by Fatoshi

More and more I see CCREV has a great ability to build interest as long as he doesn't waste his time on trolls either real or imagined. Keep up the good work. I don't go on slack as I keep causing arguments due to my passion for how big I suspect this will be but I wanted to get a few things off my chest and then people can agree or disagree I won't bother arguing Or discussing with anyone, it's just my opinion. They are mainly stating the bleeding obvious really.

1. As soon as is practically possible I think the logo needs a rebrand. As a community we never really had any input it just appeared one day. Actually the consensus was for more of an abstract logo. The problem is the Xby logo is fine but it communicates heavily that is is just a coin and not a platform. I look at Antshares and how a simple logo and name change has changed its image and communicates what it is better.

Saying this the shield logo is a bit better but I'm unclear what is the logo, the round one or the shield? Still not a massive fan but at least it communicates security a bit.

2. Taking Antshares as an example again which is being promoted as the Chinese Etherereum I think XBY needs a clear niche and vision. I would probably say the technical superiority is the story but try not to attack others in comparing as it just inflames people even if it's true. Cheesy So secure through unique consensus, scalable, and flexible modular platform. Basically a more sound platform to build the future on especially in the coming era of quantum computing, a secure chain will be everything.

3. Sorry to say this but a major ball was dropped with this ANN. I pushed and pushed for a simple laid out ANN to communicate clearly the technology but for different reasons I think we never really got there. While the ANN now is much better and if I remember it triggered a big rally and a big influx into the slack as more saw the tech outlined its still doesn't communicate very well at all and is in need of updating. I know this is in works but after 4 months and knowing how key it is to spreading the word I do think a huge opportunity was squandered. The fact such an amazing project is almost never talked about on this forum shows we didn't communicate. Also I suggest you start a new thread for a new ANN update, just an opinion. I know it's easy to shout form the touchline and not actually do anything but the logo and ANN were actually not difficult things to do and even I could of knocked them out and I'm completely non technical noob. I do appreciate the work going on in area of website etc.

Along with a well communicating ANN we as a community need to actually post here and not just newbie posts says go go xby but have some actual geniune discussions here. Really no interaction here, all hidden in slack. Like I said it really wasnt a coincidence that the biggest vol and rally was around ANN updating and some mild uptick in posting a that time.

4. The key will probably be developers for XBY long term. Probably the website will need some kind of developer section or a link off to a developer website with tools for them at some point.

Finally I think anyone selling (though hardly anyone really) now is a special kind of stupid which comes from being on exchanges like Yobit probably. The real entry to the crypto trading community comes through Bittrex and Poloniex, so until then the price will always get battered around and it's really not relevant. But if I did talk price then its worth noting that there is not one well known smart contract platform under 200m marketcap. So thats a 20x price rise from where we are now. But the more I hear about the tech the more I'm convinced this will be one of key players in crypto in the coming years. A top 10 project. Imo.
vanfly

Activity: 103

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:16:24 AM

I can happily and truthfully say, that each of these issues you have raised are being worked on as we speak.
Fatoshi

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:32:24 AM

I can happily and truthfully say, that each of these issues you have raised are being worked on as we speak.

Good to hear and I expected nothing less.of you guys.as I have a lot of trust in the whole team. Just wanted to get off my chest stuff i would often get labelled a troll in slack amd get into arguments where i end up repeqting myself when really i just see problems and want to highlight them to move toward solutions.  This is also why my wife hates me so im aware it annoys some people  Grin
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:17:18 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2017, 09:27:50 AM by Geraldo

Finally I think anyone selling (though hardly anyone really) now is a special kind of stupid which comes from being on exchanges like Yobit probably. The real entry to the crypto trading community comes through Bittrex and Poloniex, so until then the price will always get battered around and it's really not relevant. But if I did talk price then its worth noting that there is not one well known smart contract platform under 200m marketcap. So thats a 20x price rise from where we are now. But the more I hear about the tech the more I'm convinced this will be one of key players in crypto in the coming years. A top 10 project. Imo.

I agree with everything you said, Tom has made a great and very professional logo i believe which never got used. But more than anything I agree with you strongly that we need to list on bittrex or poloniex. Thats where the real volume is. If we remain listed only in crap exchanges like yobit and cryptopia, our price will keep bouncing back and forward like it has been in the past months.
yosir

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:04:06 AM

More and more I see CCREV has a great ability to build interest as long as he doesn't waste his time on trolls either real or imagined. Keep up the good work. I don't go on slack as I keep causing arguments due to my passion for how big I suspect this will be but I wanted to get a few things off my chest and then people can agree or disagree I won't bother arguing Or discussing with anyone, it's just my opinion. They are mainly stating the bleeding obvious really.

Fatoshi, you are TROLL, don't get mistaken, You and your sockpupets. All what you said about CCR, all that personal attacks that you conveniently for you deleted, all that energy with only purpose to make CCR resign, all dirt you threw on him and now... "More and more I see CCREV has a great ability to build interest as long as he doesn't waste his time on trolls". Wake up, you and your sockpupets newbie profiles were those "trolls" ( by the way, suddenly, they all disappeared as you got "positive" ). Personally, I can't understand how one have the nerve to keep business as usual after all the stuff you wrote about CCR, without even apologize and the peak of hypocrisy is the "new found" belief in CCR abilities.
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: