Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:21:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371103 times)
yosir

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:35:03 PM

XBY will return to 1 sat Roll Eyes
XBY will go to 1 BTC Roll Eyes
*so you said something and I said something... what's the point?  Huh
yosir

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:55:44 PM

5 months in and no white paper.
2 months and half to build the "new" website with just static html.
No updates and no news whatsoever.
Toxic join slack attitude.
Censoring everyone who dares to criticize anything regarding the development.

Those are too many red flags, I'm out. Call it a fud, call me a sock puppet or whatever. It's not natural to make a static html site 2.5 months, which can be completed over a weekend.

All the best guys.

This is actually at least partly not correct (factually):

* There was very long discussion about white paper long ago with pros and cons of publishing one and explain technical side of development so as far as I understand not publishing one (for 5 months or ten years) this is dev's choice ( supported by large part of community ) so to treat it (and write about it) as it MUST be, is not correct.
* Now there are more or less regular updates of CCR ( last one 3 days ago ).
* "Toxic" - as far as you not explain what exactly your problem with slack join attitude it remains vague negative "toxic".
*There were said many negative things about project and devs (that for my personal opinion were needed to be erased and kicked out long ago) but they weren't so I don't think that there is too much "censoring" that you feel existing here.

And to summarize it all... there are always challenges and things that can be made better in every project, and healthy criticism is vital and a must for the good of project, but when this is some vague negative slogans or factually incorrect/irrelevant claims, than this is no longer healthy criticism but indeed can be called FUD.

terranova88

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:20:32 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2017, 08:58:19 PM by terranova88

I have a quick question about a problem I am having with the XBY wallet, sorry if this is the wrong forum, I wasnt sure where to put it.

Basically I tried to send about 5500 XBY to my cryptopia account, however I realized that I sent it before updating the XBY wallet; as a result the transaction never went through and my transfer for 5500 XBY is currently in limbo; in the transaction window it just has a question mark next to it, and it has no confirmations. After updating my XBY wallet and fully syncing my wallet, nothing has changed. Is there anything I can do to restart the transaction so that it goes through normally?

*edit: problem solved, transaction finally went through
someguy09876

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:26:41 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2017, 09:43:07 PM by someguy09876

What's going on with XBY? The COIN Wink seems to be dying. I thought STaTICs were "almost upon us" two month ago.

5 months in and no white paper.
2 months and half to build the "new" website with just static html.
No updates and no news whatsoever.
Toxic join slack attitude.
Censoring everyone who dares to criticize anything regarding the development.

Those are too many red flags, I'm out. Call it a fud, call me a sock puppet or whatever. It's not natural to make a static html site 2.5 months, which can be completed over a weekend.

All the best guys.

If building a static html site takes more than two and a half months, imagine how long a network of STaTiC nodes will take to implement
mica3006

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 09:18:02 PM

Attention, do not confuse the advanced site and the advanced technology. Borzalom dev technology and just technology. All the rest is the community that helps. I will explain to you for the site takes time.

Let's go back:

2 months ago we voted for the choice of design.

Then the design has been reworked to allow to add more information, more explanation, more infography. At that time there was a lot of delay (I will not mention the reasons). This mishap lasted 1 month (besides it is this long month or Dave had disappeared) but just a coincidence, its absence to impact a little delayed, because the Design team had no directive, other reasons Is added (I will not yet mention the reasons).

Then as you know I left, because I could not stay to do anything (I always need to work, if things do not get me bored) short ....

Then Dave rebuilds a team.

Today I can not tell you the progress of the site, I am outside.

Unfortunately Dave experienced a bad experience with the publication of delay. This mishap involuntarily obliges him not to disclose a date of exit of the site, of the MAJ, ANN ....

Everyone is asking for dates. I understand that for Borzalom and the enormous work it is given it is very difficult to give deadlines.

For all the rest it is very easy to give deadline, it is even very important for 2 reasons.

1 Ca reassures the community (even if the date is exceeded a deadline may be retreated it happens to be late).
2 It is a motor for the team, to set goals to achieve.

You have to be sure as many speakers repeated that this project requires patience, every month people will complain.

Back to the website ... the design, the models take time, again I do not know how the advancement evolves, but I know that if the design and the models are ready, as well as the text that has been written Ready, putting into production (development) is very fast.

I do not want to stir the knife in the wound. If Dave had chosen professionals the site would be completed within a few weeks / 1 month.

No, I can not give you a date for launching the site, but I am certain 90% that it will be ready by the end of August or early September.

I think you should do like me now, HOLD XBY, do not come here everyday, follow other projects, go out, invited your wife to the restaurant, take a step back, and always repeat that the first days or you Have invested in XBY, you think long term or short term?

SORRY FOR MY DIRTY ENGLISH

https://media2.giphy.com/media/A3PWp2AfzT65q/giphy.gif
someguy09876

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:33:31 PM

It's not hard to give rough estimates for a project's time frame. I work in software and something like, "We expect feature A to be complete by date X" is not unreasonable and is pretty standard. If you reach date X and feature A is not complete, then give a reasonable explanation as to why feature A is not finished, something like, "we ran into difficulties implementing feature A because of reasons B, C, and D."

This "we don't do deadlines" thing is a little ridiculous. Set reasonable time frames and, if they aren't met, give explanations as to why they couldn't be met.
Ghosty0996

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:39:31 PM

It's not hard to give rough estimates for a project's time frame. I work in software and something like, "We expect feature A to be complete by date X" is not unreasonable and is pretty standard. If you reach date X and feature A is not complete, then give a reasonable explanation as to why feature A is not finished, something like, "we ran into difficulties implementing feature A because of reasons B, C, and D."

This "we don't do deadlines" thing is a little ridiculous. Set reasonable time frames and, if they aren't met, give explanations as to why they couldn't be met.

Yeah absolute agree with you. Everyone knows that a rough demo is better than a project which has been late 5 times.

There is no excuse for the delay of the website.
bikerleszno

Activity: 656
Merit: 501

XBY - New Tech Coin (POSIGN) xtrabytes.global

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 09:55:30 PM

Lol who cares what u people are writing here... There are just two types of people... One who knows and believes in xby, and another one who have no idea about it... Lets wait, lets see what will happen. In my opinion xby will be better then Bitcoin (I know it is hard to believe but i know what kind of hard work is going behind scences...) make your choice in this time...

XBY - New Technology Coin (POSIGN) - https://xtrabytes.global
Telegram Group - https://t.me/xtrabytes_official
someguy09876

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:02:20 PM

Lol who cares what u people are writing here... There are just two types of people... One who knows and believes in xby, and another one who have no idea about it... Lets wait, lets see what will happen. In my opinion xby will be better then Bitcoin (I know it is hard to believe but i know what kind of hard work is going behind scences...) make your choice in this time...

Can you please articulate why xby will be better than bitcoin? Is there an actual reason why you believe it other than, "I bought a low sat coin. It promises a new, poorly explained consensus algorithm. Please, please let it go to da moon so I can go to lamboland"
bikerleszno

Activity: 656
Merit: 501

XBY - New Tech Coin (POSIGN) xtrabytes.global

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 10:09:53 PM

Can you please articulate why xby will be better than bitcoin? Is there an actual reason why you believe it other than, "I bought a low sat coin. It promises a new, poorly explained consensus algorithm. Please, please let it go to da moon so I can go to lamboland"

Imagine that there is just one dev workign on everythings... u cant get what u want in just few days or weeks... one human cant do it on time... just be patient and u will see.. nobody is  telling u "come on buy this coin u will be rich.." it is just your life, your money, your choices.. u can trust or u can`t .. it is your decision.. my decision is to be part of team and be patient buying every day r week more and just wait ... Smiley everything will be good... just if u want to be with us be long term invesotor... here u will not make quick money... not right place ... we are to create something great, something best.... in crypto world...

XBY - New Technology Coin (POSIGN) - https://xtrabytes.global
Telegram Group - https://t.me/xtrabytes_official
yosir

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:14:00 PM

I think that you not doing R&D as part of your "work in software". It is VERY HARD, near impossible to give an estimate for something that was never done before and truly innovative as you almost never can take in consideration all bumps/changes/redesigns/bugs  you will meet on the way to solution. So deadlines, that you don't know if you can meet them, are irrelevant at first place. And about "reasonable explanations", how do feel about... "guys, it took me more time to solve something I thought it will take me less time" * 10? good enough for you?
And you can add to this the fact, that there is no development structure as in regular place of work in this kind of projects, with fixed (more or less) work hours, as far as I know no one pays Borzalom so I guess he keeps also day job...
Don't you think that his day job can influence his availability and change his "project time" depending on work stress? How he should give estimate for something without even knowing how much time he will be able to spend on project?

It is very easy to demand and be negative while comparing bananas with apples. I suggest next time just think about possible explanations before.

I do hope, and this is according to CCR update from few days before, that we are progressing in development and this is positive thing. As long as final result will be working product, for me it worth waiting. If someone feels different and think that this is "bad" project, he always can sell his XBY and leave it.
yosir

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:15:56 PM

Imagine that there is just one dev workign on everythings... u cant get what u want in just few days or weeks... one human cant do it on time... just be patient and u will see.. nobody is  telling u "come on buy this coin u will be rich.." it is just your life, your money, your choices.. u can trust or u can`t .. it is your decision.. my decision is to be part of team and be patient buying every day r week more and just wait ... Smiley everything will be good... just if u want to be with us be long term invesotor... here u will not make quick money... not right place ... we are to create something great, something best.... in crypto world...

It is funny that most of negativity in this project comes from newbies that are active only on this project  Wink
* While all other are very positive and supportive
someguy09876

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:29:02 PM

I think that you not doing R&D as part of your "work in software". It is VERY HARD, near impossible to give an estimate for something that was never done before and truly innovative as you almost never can take in consideration all bumps/changes/redesigns/bugs  you will meet on the way to solution. So deadlines, that you don't know if you can meet them, are irrelevant at first place. And about "reasonable explanations", how do feel about... "guys, it took me more time to solve something I thought it will take me less time" * 10? good enough for you?
And you can add to this the fact, that there is no development structure as in regular place of work in this kind of projects, with fixed (more or less) work hours, as far as I know no one pays Borzalom so I guess he keeps also day job...
Don't you think that his day job can influence his availability and change his "project time" depending on work stress? How he should give estimate for something without even knowing how much time he will be able to spend on project?

It is very easy to demand and be negative while comparing bananas with apples. I suggest next time just think about possible explanations before.

I do hope, and this is according to CCR update from few days before, that we are progressing in development and this is positive thing. As long as final result will be working product, for me it worth waiting. If someone feels different and think that this is "bad" project, he always can sell his XBY and leave it.

Yes, research and development is part of my job and I'm still required to give time estimates. I also work on personal projects on the side and if someone asked for an estimate for how long it would take to get a working proof of concept and then demo, I would be able to provide a time frame for these goals. I might not meet the estimates, but I would be able to explain why they weren't met.

I'm not demanding anything, only asking questions, and "guys, it took me more time to solve something I thought it will take me less time"  isn't an explanation, let alone a reasonable one.

Where is the proof of progress? The last commit to the core code was twenty days ago and the last commit to the other xby repo is just an auto generated block checkpoint update.

See for yourself:
https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes/commit/9a97dd2ed0330dda74346f39aea9a93f17220d7b
https://github.com/XtraBYtes/core
yosir

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:51:52 PM

Yes, research and development is part of my job and I'm still required to give time estimates. I also work on personal projects on the side and if someone asked for an estimate for how long it would take to get a working proof of concept and then demo, I would be able to provide a time frame for these goals. I might not meet the estimates, but I would be able to explain why they weren't met.

I'm not demanding anything, only asking questions, and "guys, it took me more time to solve something I thought it will take me less time"  isn't an explanation, let alone a reasonable one.

Where is the proof of progress? The last commit to the core code was twenty days ago and the last commit to the other xby repo is just an auto generated block checkpoint update.

See for yourself:
https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes/commit/9a97dd2ed0330dda74346f39aea9a93f17220d7b
https://github.com/XtraBYtes/core

I just wonder, how you give estimate for something that was never done by you or someone else, truly innovative, not reuse someones code and stitch it somewhere with few your lines, while you don't know how much time you can dedicate to it because of dynamic main job? Please explain me as I think you give estimates where I fail to do so...
"guys, it took me more time to solve something I thought it will take me less time" this is explanation, good or not, this is something else. To what Level Borzalom should report you about delays? To give you specific issues? code lines? detailed explanations as he owes you something?
And about proof of process, this is indeed valid point but if I remember correctly one been said that updates are not fluent or something like this... not sure about it. But this is indeed issue worth to address. Basically I believe to CCR and to his update and I am sure this can be clarified before using this as some kind of evidence because maybe there is perfectly good explanation to this.
Sobogunkenny

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:47:23 PM

My own stake is that for those that think they can't wait any longer for XBY project, they might sell their coins and move on.
I think it is a choice to either invest into this or go for other things. Life is a choice.

Please note, I am not disregarding the points you guys are making.
muncuss

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 12:52:05 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2017, 01:18:51 AM by muncuss

Imagine that there is just one dev working on everythings... u cant get what u want in just few days or weeks... one human cant do it on time... just be patient and u will see.. nobody is  telling u "come on buy this coin u will be rich.." it is just your life, your money, your choices.. u can trust or u can`t .. it is your decision..  ...just if u want to be with us be long term investor... here u will not make quick money... not right place...
^this.
remember, long term investment. So for those of you that can't be patient, can you help Zoltan in coding work? Or can you invite your friend who can help him? That will help much and xby goals will be faster to achieve

AltsBoom

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:37:25 AM

what he said^^

i'm not a coin dev but have any others chimed in interest? for a coin to grow youd ideally want the dev team to grow

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
josell

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:04:38 AM

Buy the Drama.
Hold the Silence,
Sell the News!

That's how you trade XBY.
Sobogunkenny

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:20:40 AM

"Soldier go, soldier come yet barrack remains the same", say an Africa proverb.
XBY has always be described as a long term project with no guarantee but with FAITH. I read this term of the business and I still went ahead to invest. So to be in it, is a choice to buy and wait for the success of the project.

Fine, update is necessary. But trolling that the project is taking too long is synonymous to improper understanding of the project in first place.
As I do say, if you can't faith your investment or wait for completion of the project, then sell off your coin and stop complaining. At least it is your money.
LostWords

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:38:29 AM

"Soldier go, soldier come yet barrack remains the same", say an Africa proverb.
XBY has always be described as a long term project with no guarantee but with FAITH. I read this term of the business and I still went ahead to invest. So to be in it, is a choice to buy and wait for the success of the project.

Fine, update is necessary. But trolling that the project is taking too long is synonymous to improper understanding of the project in first place.
As I do say, if you can't faith your investment or wait for completion of the project, then sell off your coin and stop complaining. At least it is your money.

Totally this. People bought with FOMO when it went up two months ago and now see red numbers and panic the hell out of their stack. So they let the negativity of their fear and uncertainty create doubt (FUD) in the project. Getting not the answers they want (news that will rise the price again) makes them kinda tilt and leaving their investment with loss and with grudge towards XBY. Therefore the negativity.
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: