Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:04:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 347 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] POPULOUS WORLD - Invoice trading platform - PPT  (Read 277183 times)
Dorkie

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:56:17 AM

The easiest ICO scam is to raise funds and then disappear with the funds. Nico did not do this.

I disagree.
Based on your reason and logic in this, then Bitconnect would not be a scam.
If Bitconnect is a scam, it would have been gone months before the court order when almost everyone was shouting SCAM at Youtube.
If Bitconnect is a scam, it would not have given back all the money invested to the participants (yes, that's what happened; money returned back).
The price of BCC at such low level is because of everyone panic selling at the same time; such situation can happen to any legit company.
Thus Bitconnect is not a scam.
Clif High would ask: "Makes sense?"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ecivfesrire

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:28:11 AM

Yeah but bitconnect owners never showed their faces. You should consider that. And a referral program which bitconnect ran isn't a legitimate business that is a ponzi that everybody can spot. Bitconnect ran advertisements with referral money to draw more people in that's how shameless and evil they were.

No if there was a scam here the people behind this aren't going to expose themselves to things like interviews and producing source code. I reiterate that I'm sure that the 10 year old conviction is probably true. I don't know the details. It sounds to me like he probably got dealt a bad hand in early life was angry and in his teens did what he now regrets. But I do not know that I'm going to leave that up to him. That's just my 2c, and I really feel bad about seeing people get crushed. It might sound insane dorky but I try to understand what might have happened with someone else, not crush investors, and try to look for good legitimate projects that I convince myself to believe in. Backing out now would feel like legalized theft to me. And don't blow your top about how deadlines aren't met most project deadlines aren't met.

And yes I am going to defend this business with my only account because I believe in this project and what it's doing.
Dorkie

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:53:13 AM

Yeah but bitconnect owners never showed their faces. You should consider that. And a referral program which bitconnect ran isn't a legitimate business that is a ponzi that everybody can spot. Bitconnect ran advertisements with referral money to draw more people in that's how shameless and evil they were.

No if there was a scam here the people behind this aren't going to expose themselves to things like interviews and producing source code. I reiterate that I'm sure that the 10 year old conviction is probably true. I don't know the details. It sounds to me like he probably got dealt a bad hand in early life was angry and in his teens did what he now regrets. But I do not know that I'm going to leave that up to him. That's just my 2c, and I really feel bad about seeing people get crushed. It might sound insane dorky but I try to understand what might have happened with someone else, not crush investors, and try to look for good legitimate projects that I convince myself to believe in. Backing out now would feel like legalized theft to me. And don't blow your top about how deadlines aren't met most project deadlines aren't met.

And yes I am going to defend this business with my only account because I believe in this project and what it's doing.

Yeah, but this.... and but that... and but those... and lots more buts....
Buts... buts... buts...

A lot of people say those Bitconnect shills are part of the scam, i.e. trevon james and the others.
Using your logic, that means they are not part of the scam, because they show their faces.
quotas

Activity: 163

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:58:29 AM

Why don't you Populous shills admit that the only reason why you are so in support of PPT is because you put a lot of money into it and thus live in fear that you may incur big losses from all the FUD and so no matter what, you will support PPT positively, by hook or by crook.

Which is why I don't see much reason nor logic in these PPT shills, some of them even having multiple accounts in violation of the forum rule.

DORKIE you are just a feeder on FUD. You need it because you have nothing to invest in. Yes offcourse the people here invested in ppt. So thats the reason they are here.
You invested zero (atm) and you are still here. So instead of asking anybody why they are here look at yourself.
Dont tell your sad stories ..... But i know you need the attention. Thats a kind of illness and i am sorry for you.
So if you real need to feed on FUD .... pls stay if it makes you happy. MAKES YOU HAPPY .... nobody is listening to you anyway ....
I hope 1 day you will overcome that fudvirus and that day you are able to live a normal life like all ppt holders are doing atm.

ecivfesrire

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:11:12 AM

Yes if Trevon James, Crypto Nick, and the rest of them is in a jurisdiction of the US prosecute them accordingly because they did profit from a ponzi scheme which is against the law.
Dorkie

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:24:17 AM

Yes if Trevon James, Crypto Nick, and the rest of them is in a jurisdiction of the US prosecute them accordingly because they did profit from a ponzi scheme which is against the law.

Which is why you have neither reason nor logic.
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:25:41 AM

The easiest ICO scam is to raise funds and then disappear with the funds. Nico did not do this.

I disagree.
Based on your reason and logic in this, then Bitconnect would not be a scam.
If Bitconnect is a scam, it would have been gone months before the court order when almost everyone was shouting SCAM at Youtube.
If Bitconnect is a scam, it would not have given back all the money invested to the participants (yes, that's what happened; money returned back).
The price of BCC at such low level is because of everyone panic selling at the same time; such situation can happen to any legit company.
Thus Bitconnect is not a scam.
Clif High would ask: "Makes sense?"
Um, I said it was the easiest scam. I probably should have said "one of the easiest" because I'm sure there are easier scams, but the ICO scam is pretty simple... setup a website conduct an ICO, get people to send crypto in.

Bitconnect was NOT easy but it made a lot more than an ICO. After all, they not only had an ICO, they followed through with developing a ponzi platform, marketing, promotions, etc. and ran it for over a year.

You're going to lose the argument all day long that an ICO scam like Facecoin is easier to pull off than a ponzi scam like Bitconnect, the level of effort cannot be compared.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
ecivfesrire

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:45:57 AM

Which is why you have neither reason nor logic.
[/quote]

We just have to agree to disagree then.
Dorkie

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:13:11 AM

Um, I said it was the easiest scam. I probably should have said "one of the easiest" because I'm sure there are easier scams, but the ICO scam is pretty simple... setup a website conduct an ICO, get people to send crypto in.

Bitconnect was NOT easy but it made a lot more than an ICO. After all, they not only had an ICO, they followed through with developing a ponzi platform, marketing, promotions, etc. and ran it for over a year.

You're going to lose the argument all day long that an ICO scam like Facecoin is easier to pull off than a ponzi scam like Bitconnect, the level of effort cannot be compared.

Whether a scam is short-term or long-term depends on whether the founder wants to make the scheme last.
If they don't want to make it last, they will put least effort into it and then scheme will be quick to go.
Bitconnect founder wants to make the scheme last as long as possible.
Populous founders (Adeyemi and Jahigrant) wants to scheme to last as long as the 1 year lockup period.

Having the intention to hype the price up is an obvious dead giveaway.
Don't tell me that's not even obvious to you.

Update:
By right, you should ask yourself why Populous is not a scam despite the conviction, the hypes, etc.
Steve isn't even consistent in his statements in regard to his past conviction.
How can you even say such a person is trustworthy?
How can you even say such untrustworthy person is credible enough to manage a project that you are invested into?

If my argument doesn't make sense, then your argument is even more so.
Wong Gendheng

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:28:20 AM

Everything will be answered soon, I still hold to hold PPT when I get from ICO, and if I sell now of course I get a big profit but I'm sure this project is not a scam.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:44:41 AM

Whether a scam is short-term or long-term depends on whether the founder wants to make the scheme last.
If they don't want to make it last, they will put least effort into it and then scheme will be quick to go.
Populous founders (Adeyemi and Jahigrant) wants to scheme to last as long as the 1 year lockup period.

Update:
By right, you should ask yourself why Populous is not a scam despite the conviction, the hypes, etc.
How can you even say such untrustworthy person is credible enough to manage a project that you are invested into?

Just being totally impartial here and talking as a spectator now in this thread. If, by good chance, POPULOUS succeeds in becoming a ground breaking Fintech hub and proves profitable in the long term and is churning out it's services and invoice buyers and sellers are happily doing their business. How will you react and would you be actually happy that it succeeds and would you eventually invest in this kind of project if it was feasible and profitable? I am just curious if you would have a change of heart and admit it if you made a mistake? I would certainly admit I made an investment mistake if any business I was in flopped at all,  I wouldn't be sad, but in the end I always like to admit if I make a mistake, it's part of being human.  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Dorkie

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:20:49 AM

Just being totally impartial here and talking as a spectator now in this thread. If, by good chance, POPULOUS succeeds in becoming a ground breaking Fintech hub and proves profitable in the long term and is churning out it's services and invoice buyers and sellers are happily doing their business. How will you react and would you be actually happy that it succeeds and would you eventually invest in this kind of project if it was feasible and profitable? I am just curious if you would have a change of heart and admit it if you made a mistake? I would certainly admit I made an investment mistake if any business I was in flopped at all,  I wouldn't be sad, but in the end I always like to admit if I make a mistake, it's part of being human.  Smiley

If Populous is legit, then I would admit being wrong. That is a very simple thing to do.

azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:06:03 AM

Update:

You completely ignored the point of my reply. I said an ICO scam was the easiest scam and you disagreed and suggested that a ponzi Bitconnect scam is easier. Now you are changing the discussion to short and long term? Can't you even follow the discussion? Come on, please explain how a Bitconnect ponzi scam is easier/less effort than an ICO scam.

Regardless...
Your questions are fine and legitimate, but they don't answer anything with certainty. They are indicators but they are not evidence. People with criminal records are hard to trust but that doesn't mean they can't go and be legit. It also doesn't mean they can't run a project to success. Many great and legit ICOs have a lot of hype and conviction - that means nothing. Most ICO founders have attempted to hype or boost their price - this does not make an ICO a scam. You can choose to invest in companies with founders with these backgrounds - that is your choice. It makes the investment/company risky, but it does not automatically make it a scam.

You're a big fan of logic but you've chosen not to use it because if you did you'd have to look at the angle of, 'what is the goal and execution of the scam?'

The ICO generated $10M+ in funds and they could have generated more due to the fast sellout. I guess you would say that they 'only' raised $10M because they didn't expect the success so they set their sites low - that's plausible. Of course, $10M of ETH from then is worth about $30M today. To say that PPT is a scam is to suggest that the $10M in ICO funds was not sufficient for the founders and that they wanted more. So rather than take the $10M and disappear, they have decided to go through all of the extra effort to spend 8 months and considerable funds and effort to launch a platform while remaining very public during the process to make even more? Sure, $100M or more is better than $10M or $30M, but anyone running a scam like this needs to disappear forever. And if you're going to disappear and be low keey, any more than a few million dollars can't be used or it draws too much unwanted attention. Being rich is no fun if you can't enjoy it.

So I ask again - what is the angle of this PPT scam if the implied allegations are that $10M wasn't enough and they are pumping the scam for more?

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
████▀                                       ▀████
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
octain

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:37:19 AM

Ppt going on coinspot. Is making it moon.
Dorkie

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:48:38 AM

You completely ignored the point of my reply. I said an ICO scam was the easiest scam and you disagreed and suggested that a ponzi Bitconnect scam is easier. Now you are changing the discussion to short and long term? Can't you even follow the discussion? Come on, please explain how a Bitconnect ponzi scam is easier/less effort than an ICO scam.

I am sorry to say this, but you are quite............. not smart.

1. A scam that is longer term will be harder to operate.
2. A scam that is shorter term will be easier to operate.
3. Bitconnect was not operated to be short-term.

Go meditate on the 3 points above until you reach enlightenment.

Update:
I believe they are not eyeing for $10 mil.
I suspect they are eyeing for multi hundreds of million to a few billion.

If you are okay with selling one hype after another is fine and dandy (ref: Populous), that's your preference.
If you are okay with absolutely no selling of any hype whatsoever is fine and dandy (ref: Veritaseum), that's okay too.
It shows that you do not have a firm stance in this.
But I personally prefer a project that does not sell one hype after another.

You guys are giving Steve Nico too much of a doubt.
It's not like you guys would give others the same level of treatment.
I see only bias in your thought process.
bitcircle
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:48:53 AM

FUD attack is losing it's power we see some recovery after a panic sell even my orders are ready to grab at lower level but it looking now it has very low chance to go under $15. Majority of the people realizing what is going on at the moment.
ANDREW 555

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:17:52 AM

Populous Beta v1.0 Launch (February 11)
https://coindar.org/en/event/populous-ppt-populous-beta-v10-launch-3529
voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:17:31 AM

A lot off people Who sold after the fud  are now ready to go in therapie,  populous isn't a coin (token) for selling in short , hold you populous is the best option , Great things to Come
Tukang Becak

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:18:01 AM

I wonder why many people immediately said PPT scam or fraud when there is a road map that does not appropriate with the planned, or price drop significantly, I think almost all projects will experienced the same thing, for me PPT is still promising and I do not want everyone to believe.
Melody Jelly

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:22:01 AM

POPULOUS is one is the most ambitious projects on the market. Verry promising in my opinion Bitcoin is down to 8k - 9k so naturally that will drag the usd valuation of everything down. POPULOUS has actually been outperforming Bitcoin
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 347 »
  Print  

Jump to: